NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I need a translator to even know what you wrote.... :)

can you do it like this...

"In your post, please keep it simple by saying....for example.... furturist, pre-trib
That's all I need. Thanks.
"
I did. Just because it isn't understood does not mean it wasn't simple.

Put me down as partial-preterist.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Recapitulation Theory is the oldest known commentary view of Revelation found yet. Many well studied today are reclaiming it. Please create that heading and list me under it.
I added it. And put your name under it.

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I did. Just because it isn't understood does not mean it wasn't simple.

Put me down as partial-preterist.
Okay, Josheb. I added you to the list under Partial Preterism in the opening post. Thanks for your participation.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Partial preterist
Covenant theology
okay, claninja. I have you listed under Partial Preterism, Covenant Theology in the opening post. Thanks for your participation.

• Friendly
Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
@Deep Truth

I believe Jesus comes for his saints after 2 years of tribulation, just before the wrath of the Lamb begins for unbelieving mankind in the last 5 years of tribulation.
Do you want me to list you under Pre-wrath rapture ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Grand experiment.

Because there are so many posters here, which it is sometimes hard to keep track of each persons fundamental position(s), especially when discussing. I am going to try on a voluntary basis, for each of you to fit yourself under each of these categories. Yourself only and not what you think someone else is.

In your post, please keep it simple by saying....for example.... furturist, pre-trib
That's all I need. Thanks.

Make a post, and I will add your screen-name alphabetically in each category. If there are some categories I left out - let me know.

Amil

I guess I would fit into the conventional dispensational pre mil, pre trib

Christian Gedge
Dave L
Hazelelponi
kdm1984
mkgal1
TribulationSigns

Anytime rapture
Douggg
TribulationSigns

Covenant Theology

claninja
Hazelelponi
nonaeroterraqueous
TribulatonSigns

Dispensationalism

christiansoccerplayer
Michael Collum
Rachel20

Futurist
christiansoccerplayer
Douggg
Handmaid for Jesus
JIMINZ

Historist
Christian Gedge
Saint John

Idealism (of Christian Eschatology)

Mid-trib rapture

New Covenant Theology
Christian Gedge

Non-dispensationalist

Douggg
Hazelelponi
mkgal1
nonaeroterraqueous
TribulationSigns

Partial Preterism
claninja
Josheb
Maria Billingsley
mkgal1

Post-trib rapture
Christian Gedge
DavidPT
TribulationSigns

Pre-mil
christiansoccerplayer
DavidPT
Douggg
Handmaid for Jesus
Michael Collum
Rachel20
Timtofly

Pre-trib rapture
christiansoccerplayer
Handmaid for Jesus
JustRachel
Rachel20

Pre-wrath rapture

Recapitulation Theory

Dave L

I guess I would fit into the standard or traditional dispensational, pre. mil, pre trib rapture

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I guess I would fit into the standard or traditional dispensational, pre. mil, pre trib rapture
nolidad, I listed you under diespensationalsim, pre-mil, pre-trib rapture in the original post, alphabetically. Thanks for your participation.

Reactions: nolidad
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
@Douggg you can put me down as this variety of Covenant Theology (there may be a distinction between this and others...I'm not sure).

Covenantal theology is distinctive in its emphasis of the following tenets:

• The biblical covenants (Edenic, Adamic, Noahite, Abrahamic, Mosaic, Davidic, and New or Messianic) are taken to be the chief structural framework for salvation history.
  • The Abrahamic covenant (as distinct from the Mosaic) is taken to be the central Old Testament covenant that is fulfilled in the New Testament, in accordance with Pauline theology (Galatians 3:6-29).
  • The Old and New Testaments are taken to be integrally related through the sequence of covenants, with prophetic fulfillment understood chiefly in terms of covenantal correspondence.
  • Scripture is interpreted via the four senses, with an emphasis on describing the correspondence between covenants via the allegorical sense.
  • Jesus' prophecy in the Olivet Discourse is understood to have been fulfilled by the destruction of the Jerusalem Temple in 70 AD.
  • Old Testament prophecy of a restoration of Israel in which Jews and Gentiles are united is understood to have been fulfilled in the Church, cf. Catechism of the Catholic Church 781 drawing on Lumen Gentium 9.
  • Jesus is understood to have inaugurated the Kingdom of God, which advances throughout history from the Ascension to the Last Judgment, cf. Catechism of the Catholic Church 669-670.
  • The advance of the Kingdom of God throughout history is interpreted in terms of the Augustinian concepts of the City of God and the City of Man.
  • From wiki "Covenantal theology (Catholic Church) - Wikipedia" Covenantal theology (Catholic Church) - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
@Douggg you can put me down as this variety of Covenant Theology (there may be a distinction between this and others...I'm not sure).

Covenantal theology is distinctive in its emphasis of the following tenets:

• The biblical covenants (Edenic, Adamic, Noahite, Abrahamic, Mosaic, Davidic, and New or Messianic) are taken to be the chief structural framework for salvation history.
  • The Abrahamic covenant (as distinct from the Mosaic) is taken to be the central Old Testament covenant that is fulfilled in the New Testament, in accordance with Pauline theology (Galatians 3:6-29).
  • The Old and New Testaments are taken to be integrally related through the sequence of covenants, with prophetic fulfillment understood chiefly in terms of covenantal correspondence.
  • Scripture is interpreted via the four senses, with an emphasis on describing the correspondence between covenants via the allegorical sense.
  • Jesus' prophecy in the Olivet Discourse is understood to have been fulfilled by the destruction of the Jerusalem Temple in 70 AD.
  • Old Testament prophecy of a restoration of Israel in which Jews and Gentiles are united is understood to have been fulfilled in the Church, cf. Catechism of the Catholic Church 781 drawing on Lumen Gentium 9.
  • Jesus is understood to have inaugurated the Kingdom of God, which advances throughout history from the Ascension to the Last Judgment, cf. Catechism of the Catholic Church 669-670.
  • The advance of the Kingdom of God throughout history is interpreted in terms of the Augustinian concepts of the City of God and the City of Man.
  • From wiki "Covenantal theology (Catholic Church) - Wikipedia" Covenantal theology (Catholic Church) - Wikipedia
mkgal1, done. You have been added to Covenant Theology.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0