When Someone Refuses to Learn About God, What Do You Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePerfectNobody

Christian Critic
Sep 10, 2013
✟15,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its like unleashing a rabid dog on a child because she 'rejected your ways'. Sure, YOU didnt maul the kid. But come on.

So you're saying God sent the devil to attack them? Say a woman hires me to be her bodyguard. I tell her necessary precautions to take, but she completely disagrees and fires me. I go my way and leave her alone since she doesn't want me protecting her. The next day, some person comes in and kills her. Would it be my fault?

The logical reason is that the Christian god desired the holocaust more than he desired stopping it.

So God, who will resurrect everyone after the end times, wants to watch his people die?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So you're saying God sent the devil to attack them? Say a woman hires me to be her bodyguard. I tell her necessary precautions to take, but she completely disagrees and fires me. I go my way and leave her alone since she doesn't want me protecting her. The next day, some person comes in and kills her. Would it be my fault?
Terrible analogy.

Your situation presents 2 mature adults. Equals, basically.

But God and men are NOT equals. Thats why my adult and child analogy is much better. And then there's the rabid dog/devil, who's tendencies the owner/God knows darn well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No one gets the idea of this thread. I ask about how to cool myself off....
Good point.

Basically you need to maintain a certain amount of emotional detachment from engagements with anonymous internet people.

Upvote 0

ThePerfectNobody

Christian Critic
Sep 10, 2013
✟15,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No it's not. A bodyguard has a better idea of how to protect someone than the one who wants protection and doesn't know how to do it herself.

Wait. No. I'm not discussing this. The thread has been ruined because this new topic has derailed the thred from the original topic. I'm going somewhere else for advice, somewhere that won't blame me for anti-Semitism or claim that God sent the devil to kill Jews.

I came here to cool off, and any posts that do help me are overshadowed by this holocaust topic. This is not helping me calm down.

Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
<staff edit>

Perhaps, if you explained why your God is not like Hitler, it might help. I have not perceived much difference, so far. Hitler would have loved the idea that the Jews brought on their own destruction, which seems similar to your own prediliction to blame the victims for their fates.

Cheers, Strivax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Judahs_Lion

May 23, 2016
San P
✟15,721.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was on a forum having a long discussion about God and the Bible. It was fine until the Holocaust was brought up. I mentioned how God would lift his protection on people if they rejected his ways, theorizing that that's why the Holocaust happened. God lifted his protection, and the devil stepped in to terrorize them as he's done in the past, hence Exodus and Judges. But then this man I spoke with stated that turning away from dead people made God as bad as Hitler.

Angrily, I brought up the book of Revalations and how this guy clearly never read it, and somehow thinks he can judge God when he doesn't know anything about him. Obviously, he was looking for bad points about God instead of trying to learn about it, so I left. But he'll obviously reply, so I don't want to go back. But a part of me keeps wondering.

How do you try to forget about it? He doesn't want knowledge. What do you do in a time like this?
Leave them alone. If you've made the effort to reach them and they refuse that is their free will choosing to remain lost for eternity.
What's Jeremiah 29:13 tell you?
You can't make to appear what they do not have inside them. God knows those who are his. And those who never shall be.

Reactions: Gwen-is-new!
Upvote 0

ThePerfectNobody

Christian Critic
Sep 10, 2013
✟15,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Leave them alone. If you've made the effort to reach them and they refuse that is their free will choosing to remain lost for eternity.
What's Jeremiah 29:13 tell you?
You can't make to appear what they do not have inside them. God knows those who are his. And those who never shall be.

I did that. I quit chatting with him after he greatly insulted God. The question is, what do you do afterwards?

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,943.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
<staff edit> Neither satan nor God are responsible for the holocaust, people were responsible for the holocaust from start to finish. Lay the blame for the holocaust on those responsible, the Nazies, not the victims.

Thank you,

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

Let's say that you hire a firm to give you personal security. You ask that they send over some bodyguards at 7pm so that you can attend a function. At 7pm you don't see any guards, so you call the firm you have hired. They tell you that you are currently being guarded by invisible ninjas that only protect those that have faith in their existence. You fire the firm on the spot and go to the function, where you are shot on sight and die. Did you die because you did not believe in invisible ninjas?

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You gave a fairly Biblical perspective on what may have happened. Many people who aren't close to God don't understand and their minds are darkened to the truth. But, Paul speaks to such an issue here:

Titus 3
9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. 10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. 11 You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned.

It's not profitable to argue with others. There should be a line where you just walk away from someone. It's alright to put them on ignore if it seems they want to continue to troll you. That's what Jesus did with the Pharisees.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Then why do you think God allowed it?

Because gods do not exist.

This does not say it's God's fault the devil killed them, and neither do I say that.

People killed them.

Btw, I asked a question, and I expect an answer about situations involving what you would do when you get in a position where you meet someone who refuses to learn about God

Take it as a learning experience and adjust my message for the next time.

I will not be falsely or mistakenly accused of anti-Semitism or nazism.

No such accusation was meant. Just an evaluation of how your message might have come across.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dear OP: you are in the wrong section. Please have your thread moved to a Christians-only section. Otherwise you'll just have non-Christians harassing you.

PS: mentioning the Holocaust and claiming that it was a result of Jews rejecting God is not good apologetics.

Reactions: farout
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dear OP: you are in the wrong section. Please have your thread moved to a Christians-only section. Otherwise you'll just have non-Christians harassing you.

PS: mentioning the Holocaust and claiming that it was a result of Jews rejecting God is not good apologetics.

Great point. However I find that when it says Christian, or Baptist some consistently barge in, disrespect everyone and everything related to God.
But some mod's don't jump incorrectly, and I have been wrongly accused twice. Can't help but wonder.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Great point. However I find that when it says Christian, or Baptist some consistently barge in, disrespect everyone and everything related to God.
But some mod's don't jump incorrectly, and I have been wrongly accused twice. Can't help but wonder.
Well, since non-Christians are allowed here they usually post in areas according to the rules. What bothers me is that new Christians come in not knowing these rules and assuming everyone here is a Christian, and the first response they get is an atheist telling them "Your God is mean, stupid, and not real". While that technically is not very good debating, this particular section is labelled under "discussion and debate". Therefore, expect controversy.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I did, and do. This is very good experience, in training how to discuss these things. In person it become a real test of kindness and the ability to dialogue, which is good.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.