Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Now the Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men and they bore children to them, the same became mighty men who were of old, men of renown. Genesis 6:4

It is the and also after that....that I am referring to. Is this referring to their spirits in death? Does it mean they are coming back!? What is meant here?

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Now the Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men and they bore children to them, the same became mighty men who were of old, men of renown. Genesis 6:4

It is the and also after that....that I am referring to. Is this referring to their spirits in death? Does it mean they are coming back!? What is meant here?
The quick answer is that the Sons of God mentioned are fallen angels and the Nephilim are the children of those angels who mated with human women. The fallen angels were imprisoned by God and will be destroyed at the return of Jesus their children were killed in the flood. The fallen angels are blamed for man becoming wicked because they shared secret knowledge with mankind and corrupted mankind. There is information on this in the book of 1 Enoch.

• Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

It's a controversial subject within Christianity being divided on the issue, but I agree with @disciple Clint on the Fallen Angel aspect.

You get into stuff like this recent thread.
Implications of humans making deal with aliens

But it easy to go overboard on this. I had a thread with people who went too far on this thing.

Salvation is in your DNA

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a controversial subject within Christianity being divided on the issue, but I agree with @disciple Clint on the Fallen Angel aspect.

You get into stuff like this recent thread.
Implications of humans making deal with aliens

But it easy to go overboard on this. I had a thread with people who went too far on this thing.

Salvation is in your DNA
Well said. I think some of this can be ascertained by reading Genesis as well as applying 1 Enoch. But we have to remember not to go overboard. In the end, we just don't know the actual answers to some of the side information like this. It's not really relevant to Salvation, so we don't need to fear it, but we also can't make statements that are certain or that imply our interpretation is the correct one - which some people like to do. They are certainly interesting passages, however.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Now the Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also after that,
This subject has been discussed in many threads.

The simple answer is that there were "warriors" or "heroes" at that time and also at later times.

If you're really interested in the subject of Nefilim, the following article gives a comprehensive review:

GIANTS - JewishEncyclopedia.com

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another possibility is the sons of G-d were early humans. The human species just shows up on the earth in a short period of history. With in a few generations they migrated from where they started and wiped out all other forms of species like them. Even so today most have some of the blood of the Neanderthal.

How did we get that? by the sons of HaShem, those who He blessed, mating with Neanderthal women and begging children, likely this started with rape. Yet their children were stronger and likely larger than normal humans so in time these women may have been sought out for that benefit tier genes gave.

This would explain both why those genes are in our bodies and why it lower our life expectancy. There was a cost to choosing a mate merely because she could grant you a strong, healthy son, and that was that Neanderthals did not live as long as our ancestors once did.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The human species just shows up on the earth in a short period of history. With in a few generations they migrated from where they started and wiped out all other forms of species like them. Even so today most have some of the blood of the Neanderthal.

How did we get that? by the sons of HaShem, those who He blessed, mating with Neanderthal women and begging children, likely this started with rape. Yet their children were stronger and likely larger than normal humans
I did consider this possibility. But Neanderthal were presumable extinct 35,000 years ago. Could stories about them have survived in different mythologies? Possible but not likely unless we're talking about hybrid generations 30,000 years later. Their genes would have been diluted out quite a bit by then.

It's easier to think of nefilim warriors as tall strong people like basketball or football players nowadays, especially when compared to Mediterranean people who were generally between 4' 5" and 5' 5".

Num 13:33 We also saw there the Nefilim. (The Anakim are from the Nefilim.) We seemed like grasshoppers in our eyes as well as theirs!”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did consider this possibility. But Neanderthal were presumable extinct 35,000 years ago. Could stories about them have survived in different mythologies? Possible but not likely unless we're talking about hybrid generations 30,000 years later. Their genes would have been diluted out quite a bit by then.

It's easier to think of nefilim warriors as tall strong people like basketball or football players nowadays, especially when compared to Mediterranean people who were generally between 4' 5" and 5' 5".

All I saying is their blood is in most of us? How'd it get there if we came from HaShem. That text seems to explain it. that's all I'm saying.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"In those days "were the days before the flood." After that" were the days after the flood. It seems to me the giants were still existing after the flood, the Anak, described as very tall descendants of the Nephelim. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The quick answer is that the Sons of God mentioned are fallen angels and the Nephilim are the children of those angels who mated with human women. The fallen angels were imprisoned by God and will be destroyed at the return of Jesus their children were killed in the flood. The fallen angels are blamed for man becoming wicked because they shared secret knowledge with mankind and corrupted mankind. There is information on this in the book of 1 Enoch.
I know I have read all that but are they coming back? It says also and after.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This subject has been discussed in many threads.

The simple answer is that there were "warriors" or "heroes" at that time and also at later times.

If you're really interested in the subject of Nefilim, the following article gives a comprehensive review:

GIANTS - JewishEncyclopedia.com
If I had seen it discussed in other threads I probably wouldn't have asked. So sorry to be redundant. I don't think that cannibals were heroes but thanks for the answer. What did they save people to eat them?

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"In those days "were the days before the flood." After that" were the days after the flood. It seems to me the giants were still existing after the flood, the Anak, described as very tall descendants of the Nephelim. Blessings.
Oh ok thank you. So they aren't coming back as a race we need to worry about.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If I had seen it discussed in other threads I probably wouldn't have asked. So sorry to be redundant.
Sorry, I didn't mean your question was redundant. On the contrary, the topic is so interesting that many threads have discussed it before. On the right upper corner of the Forums' webpage there is a rectangle where one can search any topic in previous threads. In post #3 there are examples of those threads.

I don't think that cannibals were heroes but thanks for the answer. What did they save people to eat them?
Sorry again, I didn't mean by "heroes" that they were good people. The hero in a novel or a movie can be an evil person. In war, the heroes on one side are considered evil by the other side and vice versa. Evil as they were, I'm not aware of nephilim being cannibals.

https://www.cbr.com/15-heroes-who-are-actually-super-evil/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry, I didn't mean your question was redundant. On the contrary, the topic is so interesting that many threads have discussed it before. On the right upper corner of the Forums' webpage there is a rectangle where one can search any topic in previous threads. In post #3 there are examples of those threads.

Sorry again, I didn't mean by "heroes" that they were good people. The hero in a novel or a movie can be an evil person. In war, the heroes on one side are considered evil by the other side and vice versa. Evil as they were, I'm not aware of nephilim being cannibals.

https://www.cbr.com/15-heroes-who-are-actually-super-evil/
11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

12 And God looked upon the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. Genesis 6:11
In the Book of Enoch it is explained that this was the main reason for God wiping them out was because men who had been eatens souls were crying out from the ground for justice, and it was the only way to avenge their deaths since they were giants. I am not promoting Enoch, that is just what it says but it is not Biblical.

• Informative
Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

That is speaking only about the time of the nephilim before the flood.

I can, when i get the chance to post from Arnold Fruchtenbaum Genesis book his commentary on this.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Here are two pages i was speaking about below that address verse 6:4 There were Nephilim on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

Genesis 6 (1).jpg

Genesis 6 (2).jpg

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That is speaking only about the time of the nephilim before the flood.

I can, when i get the chance to post from Arnold Fruchtenbaum Genesis book his commentary on this.
Who is he and what is his significance?

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
no, they are locked up, next stop for them is the lake of fire.
No they are not. I do not mean to bring up Enoch but that is where we find the most info on these beings.

Therefore have I given them wives also that they might impregnate them, and beget children by them, that thus nothing might be wanting to them on earth. But you were formerly spiritual, living the eternal life, and immortal for all generations of the world. And therefore I have not appointed wives for you; for as for the spiritual ones of the heaven, in heaven is their dwelling. And now, the giants, who are produced from the spirits and flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon the earth, and on the earth shall be their dwelling. Evil spirits have proceeded from their bodies; because they are born from men, and from the holy Watchers is their beginning and primal origin; they shall be evil spirits on earth, and evil spirits shall they be called.

As for the spirits of heaven, in heaven shall be their dwelling, but as for the spirits of the earth which were born upon the earth, on the earth shall be their dwelling. And the spirits of the giants afflict, oppress, destroy, attack, do battle, and work destruction on the earth, and cause trouble: they take no food, but nevertheless hunger⌉ and thirst, and cause offences. And these spirits shall rise up against the children of men and against the women, because they have proceeded from them. (Book of Enoch, chap. XV)

This is very good information . I cannot help but think it makes sense.

Upvote 0