Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The common computation as to the length of the cubit makes it 20.24 inches for the ordinary cubit, and 21.888 inches for the sacred one.

So 1 cubit = roughly 20 inches. And 3 cubits = 60 inches, which is about 5 feet.
I apologise. I was wrong. The Book says

Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, ...

So recalculate that for me....

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
OK my point is that they were locked up by God prior to the flood, their children were killed by the flood. After the flood they and their children no longer existed on earth with man. This is clearly indicated in the two scriptures I provided. Do you not agree with that?
No. I do not because they, much like humans, are still eternal beings. Angels who have not fallen are in the heavenly realm and can come to and fro apparently. Human souls are predisposed to the 3rd heaven, either on the Heaven side or the Sheol side, and Nephilim spirits are destined to wander the earth as evil spirits. They are not demons, they do work for their fathers but they are not demons as their spirits are half human soul. This is where we get our " ghosts". Their purpose I believe is to imitate deceased humans to cause disinformation and to distract us from the reality of hell. Remember Satan deceives the whole world! We must be on guard at ALL TIMES and at ALL COSTS because Satan is not going to let us have anything pure and wholesome in his world. Anything and everything that seems innocent and pure and real is not. As we get closer to the end and his time is short, nothing is what it seems. We need to understand this as Christians and believe Satan has his hand in everything. He has had 2000 years to perfect what we fall for, and get us to hell and he knows what works yet we in our measly 50-60 year existence are so arrogant and cocky we think we are smarter than him when we don't have a clue. Satan is the most Intelligent being ever created. Hands down. He was the first being created and God made him perfect in every way, and he was given knowledge of all the Supernatural secrets, and information, and insight, and language, but he abused his knowledge and then we chose to follow him instead of God so God let's him have his way with us. We are all Job, and if you don't see Satan in your life trying to trip you up, then you need to find out why. Satan answers prayers too, to make us think God is fine with how we are living our lives when it might be the furthest thing from the truth. That way we continue in our sin and keep doing his bidding which is on that wide path. Remember, few find heaven. We have to work at this. Repent daily. This is so scary and important. There is nothing more important than not going to hell. NOTHING.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No. I do not because they, much like humans, are still eternal beings. Angels who have not fallen are in the heavenly realm and can come to and fro apparently. Human souls are predisposed to the 3rd heaven, either on the Heaven side or the Sheol side, and Nephilim spirits are destined to wander the earth as evil spirits. They are not demons, they do work for their fathers but they are not demons as their spirits are half human soul. This is where we get our " ghosts". Their purpose I believe is to imitate deceased humans to cause disinformation and to distract us from the reality of hell. Remember Satan deceives the whole world! We must be on guard at ALL TIMES and at ALL COSTS because Satan is not going to let us have anything pure and wholesome in his world. Anything and everything that seems innocent and pure and real is not. As we get closer to the end and his time is short, nothing is what it seems. We need to understand this as Christians and believe Satan has his hand in everything. He has had 2000 years to perfect what we fall for, and get us to hell and he knows what works yet we in our measly 50-60 year existence are so arrogant and cocky we think we are smarter than him when we don't have a clue. Satan is the most Intelligent being ever created. Hands down. He was the first being created and God made him perfect in every way, and he was given knowledge of all the Supernatural secrets, and information, and insight, and language, but he abused his knowledge and then we chose to follow him instead of God so God let's him have his way with us. We are all Job, and if you don't see Satan in your life trying to trip you up, then you need to find out why. Satan answers prayers too, to make us think God is fine with how we are living our lives when it might be the furthest thing from the truth. That way we continue in our sin and keep doing his bidding which is on that wide path. Remember, few find heaven. We have to work at this. Repent daily. This is so scary and important. There is nothing more important than not going to hell. NOTHING.
Nephilim spirits are destined to wander the earth as evil spirits. They are not demons, they do work for their fathers but they are not demons as their spirits are half human soul.
Nephilim spirits do not exist all the Nephilim were killed in the flood and there will not be any more because all of their fathers who produced them are in chains awaiting their appointment with the lake of fire. This is confirmed in the following scriptures: 2 Peter 2:4, ESV: "For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment;" AND "every living substance was destroyed" by the Flood, and "Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark", (Genesis 7:23). ALSO God is not going to allow satan to impersonate Him by answering prayers that were made to Him.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Nephilim spirits do not exist all the Nephilim were killed in the flood and there will not be any more because all of their fathers who produced them are in chains awaiting their appointment with the lake of fire. This is confirmed in the following scriptures: 2 Peter 2:4, ESV: "For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment;" AND "every living substance was destroyed" by the Flood, and "Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark", (Genesis 7:23). ALSO God is not going to allow satan to impersonate Him by answering prayers that were made to Him.
They are half human souls though. There is not a created being in existence that does not exist in the spiritual realm. God does not destroy the soul. Every being is eternal, so flood or no flood, human souls are not in chains where the angels are. There is more information on the Nephilim in the Book of Enoch than anywhere else, and though it is Apocrypha, Enoch is recognized in our Bible as one of two humans who did not die, but was taken to heaven to walk with God.
"Enoch walked with God after he fathered Methuselah 300 years and had other son's and daughters; thus the days of Enoch were 365 years. Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God took him."Genesis 5:24

Enoch writes that God told him that the Nephilim's dead souls are to remain on the earth and they are to be called " evil spirits" and that though they are half celestial, they are forbidden to see the heavenly realm. God let's satan do more than you realize apparently. Right after Jesus was baptized, and God said " This is my Son with whom I am well pleased", the Holy Spirit lead Him into the wilderness and handed Him over to satan to be tempted. Matthew 3:17 and 4:1.

Everyone who is a Christian prays, and yet at judgement even people who cast out demons in Jesus name will be told " depart from Me. I never knew you."

" When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sewn in his heart." Matthew 13:19

The parable that follows that scripture about the weeds growing with the wheat is in reference to what I was saying. They will all grow together and then the reapers will sort them at the end and burn the weeds. Everyone interprets things differently. This is just my understanding of it. All I can do is share what I know to be true. You don't have to hear it or believe it. It is just what I am working with! I appreciate your response however. Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They are half human souls though. There is not a created being in existence that does not exist in the spiritual realm. God does not destroy the soul. Every being is eternal, so flood or no flood, human souls are not in chains where the angels are. There is more information on the Nephilim in the Book of Enoch than anywhere else, and though it is Apocrypha, Enoch is recognized in our Bible as one of two humans who did not die, but was taken to heaven to walk with God. " Enoch walked with God after he fathered Methuselah 300 years and had other son's and daughters; thus the days of Enoch were 365 years. Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God took him.

Enoch writes that God told him that the Nephilim's dead souls are to remain on the earth and they are to be called " evil spirits" and that though they are half celestial, they are forbidden to see the heavenly realm. God let's satan do more than you realize apparently. Right after Jesus was baptized, and God said " This is my Son with whom I am well pleased", the Holy Spirit lead Him into the wilderness and handed Him over to satan to be tempted. Matthew 3:17 and 4:1.

Everyone who is a Christian prays, and yet at judgement even people who cast out demons in Jesus name will be told " depart from Me. I never knew you."

" When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sewn in his heart." Matthew 13:19

The parable that follows that scripture about the weeds growing with the wheat is in reference to what I was saying. They will all grow together and then the reapers will sort them at the end and burn the weeds. Everyone interprets things differently. This is just my understanding of it. All I can do is share what I know to be true. You don't have to hear it or believe it. It is just what I am working with! I appreciate your response however. Thank you.
You have a possible explanation but no accepted Scriptural evidence, I can not say that it is true or not true, it does give something to think about.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I apologise. I was wrong. The Book says

Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, ...

So recalculate that for me....

I'm not familiar with the oral traditions of Muhammed, if that's what you're asking. That's where that idea that Adam was 60 cubits tall originates. The Book of Enoch has the giants as being 300 feet tall, but that's clearly an error based on the Bible descriptions.

In 1 Samuel 17:4, we are told that the giant Goliath was 6 cubits and a span (about 9 inches, almost half a cubit). A cubit being about 20 inches, that would be 10.75 feet tall (6 cubits x 20 in. + 9 in.).

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not familiar with the oral traditions of Muhammed, if that's what you're asking. That's where that idea that Adam was 60 cubits tall originates. The Book of Enoch has the giants as being 300 feet tall, but that's clearly an error based on the Bible descriptions.

In 1 Samuel 17:4, we are told that the giant Goliath was 6 cubits and a span (about 9 inches, almost half a cubit). A cubit being about 20 inches, that would be 10.75 feet tall (6 cubits x 20 in. + 9 in.).

I didn't think there were errors in the Bible. We have no way of knowing either way I guess. I do not follow the Qu'ran or read about Muhammed, or any other books except the Bible, Apocrypha, and other religious texts that are Biblically inspired. It they are ancient and like Dead Sea Scrolls I like to read them.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I didn't think there were errors in the Bible. We have no way of knowing either way I guess. I do not follow the Qu'ran or read about Muhammed, or any other books except the Bible, Apocrypha, and other religious texts that are Biblically inspired. It they are ancient and like Dead Sea Scrolls I like to read them.

I didn't say The Bible was in error. I said the book of Enoch is in error about the giants being 300 feet tall, because The Bible reveals they were not, as I showed from 1 Samuel 17:4 about Goliath whom David slew.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You have a possible explanation but no accepted Scriptural evidence, I can not say that it is true or not true, it does give something to think about.
I gave scriptural evidence I thought. The evidence of the soul being eternal is understood in the fact that as Christians we know that the " second death" is what? Being thrown into the lake of fire for eternity. We know that is in the Bible. The rest is kind of Biblical common sense based on truths that we know within us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I gave scriptural evidence I thought. The evidence of the soul being eternal is understood in the fact that as Christians we know that the " second death" is what? Being thrown into the lake of fire for eternity. We know that is in the Bible. The rest is kind of Biblical common sense based on truths that we know within us.
Biblical common sense based on truths that we know within us.
Biblical common sense is not evidence because what may be common sense to you may be absolutely irrational to someone else. If you are going to add new meanings to Scripture you need solid evidence not supposition. You are proposing a concept that is at odds with what has been accepted by church scholars for over 1000 years. Please do not misunderstand me, you can believe anything you like, I just want to put things is perspective for you.

Upvote 0

Theologyofone

May 6, 2021
Berkley
✟14,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now the Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men and they bore children to them, the same became mighty men who were of old, men of renown. Genesis 6:4

It is the....that I am referring to. Is this referring to their spirits in death? Does it mean they are coming back!? What is meant here?

The nephilim where fallen angel who mated with women to have Giants (Rephaim). There has been mentioned in this thread of the nephilim in Numbers 13:3 Moses being the other of this is speaking to his people and giving them a history leaason. The phrase "and also after that" is refering to Nephilim as read in numbers. In other words they were still given permission to exist after the flood but not as before. We see that there were giants Goliath being one of them.

Upvote 0