Hal Lindsey.
Jack Van Impe.
Grant Jeffery.
The Bible Code.
TBN and Paul Crouch.
Benny Hinn.
Pat Robertson and the 700 Club.
Reclaiming America.
Here are but a few things and people I have some questions concerning.
Could some people here give me their answers and opinions?

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
I have read the bible code book; and to be honest, I doubt that it is the book of Daniel that was sealed up, until the end times, when computers were made available (and codes within the bible discovered). Because the words were given to <Moseslikethis> without any separation between words, some believe there is something to that. In a Matrix form. According to the book, one can research past events by Name, but not so much of the future: because the persons name (or event) is unknown to us.
There are websites and software available that support this bible code, but take it all for a grain of salt.
Wildfire

Upvote 0

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
mod hat completely off

I personally do not like the name and claim it folks and could add some to that list. I think there main problem is that most focus so much on the worldly and do not realize that our blessings are more than this world could ever give us. Also I think that whatthey forget is that one must be in line with Jesus' will to be able to ask then receive. That being so I will not be so worried about wealth. Now do I worry about my monetary needs? Yes and i think God supplies those but my needs are different than my wants. That not everything I ask for I will receive because it is not want God wants for me. He wants somethign better than what i know even to ask for at all.

now with all that said I think that some (I really can't judge their hearts) are Christians. I believe that they are just wrong. I do think that they have some points that are good. Such as that you do not have to be afraid to ask for blessings from God because He wants to give you much blessings. I think the rest of the church sometimes forgets that. Also they are very evangelical and therre other good points to them.

So I voted #3. But I would try and tell people not to follow them for they are way off on some points. And some are way off theologically. Even to the point of not being Christian. not all but some.

Also one last point I want to make people aware that not all charismatics are like this. Some are not so much like them and we cna't lump them all together. There is a new assurgence of charismatic/pentacostal scholars who are doing some great work. I am not saying anyone is doing this but to lump all into this bracket woudl be wrong also. So it is just a note of caution.

Okay I have rambled enough.

blackhaw6

Upvote 0

BigEd

an adopted child of God
Feb 15, 2002
connecticut
✟9,726.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think one of the problems with name it and claim it, is it makes christainty sound like a get rich infomercial.

I feel first and formost I must pray that I may live according to the will of God, not my own desires.

Mt. 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these
things will be given to you as well.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, did you hear of the actual infomercial for Morris Cerullo and his "Financial Success Bible?" I heard it once. Talk about crass materialism. Allegedly, it had his commentary on the Word of God and how to use it to get rich. :sick:
Anyone else here heard about that? :confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
(Moderator hat completely off)

LOL..yeah I have actually seen Creflo Dollar in person at my friends church...He is annoying in my opinion.

I personally like this minister named Geno Jennings. I don't think many people could handle his brand of "spreading the gospel" he is extremely out spoken to say the least. He was supposed to speak at Widner University earlier this year but I think the school chicken out and recanted their offer...LOL! Recently he just blasted Rosie O'Donnel..for um ..coming out...

I can't take Benny Hinn..UGH and all those that lay hands on people and have them falling all out..Sheesh.. I think Joyce Meyer is okay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I've heard of Grant Jeffrey and was tremendously blessed by his Bible Codes video. I thank God for Benny Hinn and his healing ministry. Have not heard the rest.

But I thank God for also for Kenneth and Gloria Copeland, Jesse Duplantis, Kenneth E Hagin, TL Osborn, John G. Lake and my personal favourite apostle of faith -- Smith Wigglesworth.

I thank God also for the Word of faith movt. The critics can criticise all they like, I'll just sit back and be blessed!

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well if you want to add names, I have a bunch you can add.

Paul
Peter
Matthew
And the rest of the disciples
Oh and you can add that Jesus fellow, not sure of His last name.
Stephan

Are there false teachers out there that are tying to get rich from an evil heart? Yup
Are there any on the lists that people have named? Maybe, but who are we to judge them.

Now I want to hear from every person why they have put such a harsh dislike for these men, before I bust all over you with verses about "name it claim it" style of prayer for healings, and needs, and being a blessing to others.

By the way, Joyce Myers said "You can't convince me there is no God, you can't convince me that tongues isn't real, you can't convince me that faith healing doesn't work, you can't convince me that prayer doesn't work!"
That whole quote should be capitolized because she was just on fire and full of emotion when she said it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.