USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
One of the things God brought to mind, is that for us Christ followers, who are seeking another who also follows Christ, Jesus is our foundation to build our relationship upon.

For the most part, I think the majority spend too much time on the subject which inspires longings and discontentment. I've always felt more energy should be invested in preparation and prayer for their intended.

In respect to marriage, I view desire differently. I don't give emotion equal weight with action. If I desire a spouse what am I doing in that respect? How am I moving closer to my goal? What's working or not? Do I need to shift gears, try something different, etc.

Patience isn't stationary or the absence of intention from my perspective. It's actively waiting while other things are in play and making adjustments as needed and reviewing my strategy. If something isn't working I don't persist hoping it will change. I go back to the drawing board and try a different approach.

Most things don't take a long time to accomplish if you're committed. What slows you down is your unwillingness to change. You drag your feet and it takes 10 years to do what you could have done in 5 or less with greater effort.

God recently did that with me. At my church, we've been lacking in sound techs. I've been basically the only one for the past 3 years. As we kept putting in the announcements for the need of help, God stirred the heart of a sister to step up and offer to be trained. The interesting part is, we've been attending the same church for the longest of time, however, I never noticed her until then.

That's wonderful. Why didn't you notice her? You want a wife. ;-)

I also prayed for her training, that God would give her, and a younger brother, the same wisdom and even greater than I've been given. As part of the training for the sound board, I tested the sister by leveling the sliders down to zero, and allowing her to mix the worship team's sound by ear. She ended up having a superior vocal mix than I would set. I now incorporated it into my own sound mix. The prayer for God to help them ended up being a double blessing for me as well.

It's nice when you're in the company of someone who shares your passions. You'll have the richest conversations about a subject others won't entertain. I met someone who shared my interest in fashion a few years ago. He sent a photo of him at shoot with a model. Then he shared a clip from an event he worked at and his bio. I stared at the screen in shock and laughed. When we crossed paths I wasn't aware I'd met a kindred spirit. But over the years I've learned he's my number two. The meeting wasn't coincidental. I was pursuing my purpose.

I'm always astounded when people desire the Lord to bring someone in their lives and they're sitting on a computer or playing video games and never consider their success in those mediums. Oftentimes when a door refuses to open it's probably not the one. You need to try something else.

That wasn't for you but our conversation provided an opportunity for it to be said and someone needs to hear it.

~bella

Reactions: venksta
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟216,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I hear a lot the way you dress has no indication of your standing w/ Christ. I’m not sure how accurate that really is. At least there’s exceptions. Many groups that specifically reject the Gospel dress in ways to show the world they reject it. It is he who clothes you. If you don’t let him clothe you, you could dress differently then when you let him clothe you.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I hear a lot the way you dress has no indication of your standing w/ Christ. I’m not sure how accurate that really is. At least there’s exceptions. Many groups that specifically reject the Gospel dress in ways to show the world they reject it. It is he who clothes you. If you don’t let him clothe you, you could dress differently then when you let him clothe you.

There isn't a lot of teaching devoted to attire beyond modesty. No one instructs Christian women on beautification and the word in itself is controversial. A few years ago I admitted aloud that I wanted a beautiful life. I could never say that in a church or gathering because it would be taken out of context. I stumbled across a post where a woman acknowledged the same and her words soothed my spirit. We would eventually work together and I've referenced her in the past as my 'beauty coach.'

No one will tell you how to improve your appearance. It only comes up when you've made a mistake. You wore something inappropriate or had on too much makeup. If you want to learn how to choose clothing that flatters your figure and hairstyles to fit your face and how to apply makeup tastefully you have to go outside the church. The same applies to cooking and homemaking. It isn't covered.

That's why everyone's on YouTube and social media. If she wasn't instructed at home that's where she turns. You can get etiquette training or work with a coach but you'll need a year at least and that adds up.

You have to give them grace. How long have they been walking with the Lord? What was their home environment and examples? Would they welcome your input? That's a nice way to make a suggestion without hurting someone's feelings.

That's a wonderful gift for your future lady. Give her a year of lessons and she'll always look her best. Then she can share what she's learned with others. ;-)

~bella

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

venksta

Jesus is humanity's most successful rebel.
May 12, 2004
Kingdom of God
✟82,856.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's wonderful. Why didn't you notice her? You want a wife. ;-)

Lol. Well, she happens to be married now. I do feel like God blinds me from physically seeing or noticing certain people at my church, despite also making me observant to the needs of those in our congregations. Its strange to explain.

As for wanting a wife, God has worked with me to understand what my heart truly desires. That is a fellow servant in His work. Our church has been in a transitional period for the last three years, as we a wait for God to reveal our new pastor. In that time, our congregation has been growing, and there are many ministries that need to restart or begin to meet the needs of those who are part of us. Along with the outside community. With finally having some people helping with the sound ministry, God is opening other doors to me. He started last fall with having me take over the youth and young adults bible study. Its been a great blessing to me, and those who attend. There are other ministries God has put in my heart, but they require help. Sadly, at this time, it is only a small group of us, who are continually serving behind the scenes. So going back to wanting a wife. I'm waiting on God to reveal this godly woman, not just for me, but for our church, where needs are waiting to be filled with the gifts she can best serve with, according to God's will.

Another way I view the future relationship I'm waiting on, is not just for the two of us, however, it is for God first, and those in our lives. Our family, friends, church family, ect.

• Optimistic
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lol. Well, she happens to be married now. I do feel like God blinds me from physically seeing or noticing certain people at my church, despite also making me observant to the needs of those in our congregations. Its strange to explain.

I'm glad you said that! When I go to church I don't notice the opposite sex. I see him but it doesn't go any further. My mind is on God and nothing else. I went to a conservative marriage minded church and I was in my own world. And I attended a small group for married couples. I wasn't opposed to the idea but I wasn't scouting for a suitor.

But when I went to a church with a younger demographic I had a different experience. Over 90% of the population was 20-40 and we were down the street from a bible college. The numbers were even and it was a new church plant. We were full every Sunday.

It wasn't uncommon to look up and see someone staring back and smiling. Not that praise the Lord kind of smile. More like hey. Everyone was looking at everyone else and it was a little distracting. If I remained in that place I would have gone out with someone eventually. But that's the lone instance. Otherwise I'm tuned out.

As for wanting a wife, God has worked with me to understand what my heart truly desires. That is a fellow servant in His work.

That's what I wanted too but I didn't realize how badly I needed it until I met someone who could help me. I assumed I'd run my business and build a brand and he'd have his pursuits. I didn't imagine we could join forces in that respect. But I wanted a missional relationship nonetheless.

With finally having some people helping with the sound ministry, God is opening other doors to me. He started last fall with having me take over the youth and young adults bible study. Its been a great blessing to me, and those who attend. There are other ministries God has put in my heart, but they require help.

That's so exciting. Was it unexpected? He exposed me to things I never imagined. Like ministering to the homeless, prayer walking, street ministry and divine appointments. What other opportunities are on the horizon?

So going back to wanting a wife. I'm waiting on God to reveal this godly woman, not just for me, but for our church, where needs are waiting to be filled with the gifts she can best serve with, according to God's will.

Another way I view the future relationship I'm waiting on, is not just for the two of us, however, it is for God first, and those in our lives. Our family, friends, church family, ect.

That's what I did. I called it sifting through my purpose and I'd scrutinize suitors in light of my calling. If we didn't match in that respect it wasn't possible. Putting Him in the forefront made selections much easier. I felt an equal responsibility to be mindful of their character in response to the temptations related to my work. I don't want to see anyone fall or set them up for failure.

Like you, there's additional things the Lord laid on my heart that bring greater responsibilities and are a shared venture. I needed someone who was committed to philanthropy, wanted to invest in the community and be a role model. The latter was very important on a relational and familial level. We're laying the foundation and everything that follows looks to us as examples. You have to be comfortable in that position.

I think you'll be okay. Your focus is attracting people, situations and opportunities. That was my experience. I served the Lord while I waited and prepared for marriage. The time I spent on each was worthwhile. It's made me a better wife and servant. I'm loving my neighbor throughout and so are you. :)

~bella

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟244,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Happy Easter to all! I hope you enjoy celebrating this Christian holiday honoring Christ's resurrection. Have a wonderful day! :rabbitface::hatchingchick:
Happy belated Easter!

Upvote 0

GodDoesListen55

“A happy heart makes the face cheerful.” ッ
Jun 25, 2006
Delaware
✟109,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No need to be sorry for that, Chelsea. :)

Thought I'd catch the new remake of Roadhouse on Amazon Video before I went to bed. .... Of course it can never capture the almost smugly 80's charm of Patrick Swayze and Sam Elliot bar-fighting baddies in the original, but I'm enjoying it so far. Not familiar with this Jake Gyllenhaal fellow but he doesn't make a bad modern Dalton at all.

Thank you; I have heard of it but never seen it.

Upvote 0

venksta

May 12, 2004
Kingdom of God
✟82,856.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's so exciting. Was it unexpected? He exposed me to things I never imagined. Like ministering to the homeless, prayer walking, street ministry and divine appointments. What other opportunities are on the horizon?

For the youth and young adults bible study, yes, it was unexpected. A month prior, I had asked if we could have our adult's Wednesday night bible study started up again. Another ministry which stopped since the pandemic. Knowing the interim pastor doesn't work full time, I volunteered to lead it. Hoping God would provide someone who would be an actual teacher. Then He brought to mind the Holy Spirit is the one who would teach. At the moment, I think the leadership forgot about my request for the adult bible study, lol. Anyways, there was a need for someone to run the young adult study, as the younger sister who lead it, was going to college. So the group was not able to meet on a regular schedule. I had quite the anxiety attack, when I got asked. Its strange, but the enemy didn't want me to take over. After sitting in on one of their studies, all fear was gone. Leading up to the first study that I took over, I recall listening to a sermon from David Jeremiah. He talked about how one of the best ways to learn the Bible was to teach it. I found this to be true. When I study scripture, and God reveals something to me, I try to break it down by how I would explain it to my young niece. It helps me to understand it better as well. So God had been preparing me for this role for quite a while.

I think you'll be okay. Your focus is attracting people, situations and opportunities. That was my experience. I served the Lord while I waited and prepared for marriage. The time I spent on each was worthwhile. It's made me a better wife and servant. I'm loving my neighbor throughout and so are you. :)

Matthew 6:33:
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

This verse has been something I've thought of lately. God knows our desires. If we hand it over to Him, and just seek His kingdom in all areas of our life, God will be faithful. According to His will and time, He will add those things, He knows we need.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Anyways, there was a need for someone to run the young adult study, as the younger sister who lead it, was going to college. So the group was not able to meet on a regular schedule. I had quite the anxiety attack, when I got asked. Its strange, but the enemy didn't want me to take over. After sitting in on one of their studies, all fear was gone.

Why do you think he tried to oppose you? What was he trying to prevent?

The Father has a great sense of humor and He likes to shake things up. I felt like that when He told me to go the married small group. Our bible study teacher led a group for couples and I was part of the leadership team in our class (bible study). I told her what the Lord said and she said come on. I really enjoyed it. That was a foretaste of future involvement with a married ministry. Three singles were invited to the project who were actively working with unmarried women.

So God had been preparing me for this role for quite a while.

I didn't have my calling but He was preparing me for the public eye. I wanted to be a stay at home wife! I said I'll write and do a little social media. But I wanted to be home and He took me in a different direction. Now things have come full circle and I've connected the dots. I see traces of my purpose in my childhood and it blows me away.

My aunt taught me about clothes and nurtured my palate. We dined out frequently and loved to shop and eat. My grandparents influenced my sense of place in respect to home and the notion of sanctuary. My babysitters drove home the value of good ingredients and nurtured my love for diy. I used to help them with home improvement projects. My parents encouraged creative expression. I was always doing something that involved a stage or performance in grammar school. It continued in high school but centered on ideas in front of groups and wider audiences. As an adult, the greatest influences have come from the opposite sex. They're the ones encouraging me to write, teach, etc.

Even in my wilderness there was someone in the background encouraging my pursuits that were part of His plan but I didn't know it.

Have you had similar revelations? Do you see patterns or experiences drawing you nearer to His plan in hindsight?

This verse has been something I've thought of lately. God knows our desires. If we hand it over to Him, and just seek His kingdom in all areas of our life, God will be faithful. According to His will and time, He will add those things, He knows we need.

Absolutely. I went deep on Kingdom teachings last year and they were very enriching. Right now I'm focusing on prayer and exploring advanced teachings on the subject and furthering the concept of a biblical year. That will keep me occupied for a bit.

Do you have additional studies planned or topics you want to explore?

Upvote 0

venksta

May 12, 2004
Kingdom of God
✟82,856.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do you think he tried to oppose you? What was he trying to prevent?

The Father has a great sense of humor and He likes to shake things up. I felt like that when He told me to go the married small group. Our bible study teacher led a group for couples and I was part of the leadership team in our class (bible study). I told her what the Lord said and she said come on. I really enjoyed it. That was a foretaste of future involvement with a married ministry. Three singles were invited to the project who were actively working with unmarried women.

I believe the opposition was that I was the only one to help keep the bible study continuing. The sister who was running it, was getting busy with college, and they may not have met for a month or two, if she were to continue leading it. They already had trouble meeting regularly due to her schedule. Technically, the study for this group would be part of a youth pastor's duty. However, we're currently with out one. I'm always at my church on Friday evenings to help setup the worship team equipment and set levels for their practice. So it made it easy for me to take over.

God does have a sense of humor for sure.

I didn't have my calling but He was preparing me for the public eye. I wanted to be a stay at home wife! I said I'll write and do a little social media. But I wanted to be home and He took me in a different direction. Now things have come full circle and I've connected the dots. I see traces of my purpose in my childhood and it blows me away.

My aunt taught me about clothes and nurtured my palate. We dined out frequently and loved to shop and eat. My grandparents influenced my sense of place in respect to home and the notion of sanctuary. My babysitters drove home the value of good ingredients and nurtured my love for diy. I used to help them with home improvement projects. My parents encouraged creative expression. I was always doing something that involved a stage or performance in grammar school. It continued in high school but centered on ideas in front of groups and wider audiences. As an adult, the greatest influences have come from the opposite sex. They're the ones encouraging me to write, teach, etc.

Even in my wilderness there was someone in the background encouraging my pursuits that were part of His plan but I didn't know it.

Have you had similar revelations? Do you see patterns or experiences drawing you nearer to His plan in hindsight?

I'm currently at a crossroads in understanding what my calling is, when it comes to serving God. I've always enjoyed serving from behind the scenes. However, I see God pushing me out into the open now. I took a course called Skeptics, at my second church back in February. I had taken it before, however, my mom wanted to spend time together at church, and suggested we go. It ran for six weeks. It was geared towards those who aren't Christians yet, but have questions. For example, does God exist. Why is there evil and suffering. What is the historical proof for Christ's resurrection. We were suppose to stay at the same table group for the entire course. After two weeks, someone else took our seats. So after bouncing to another table, we ended up at the "overflow" table. Each table had a leader, who is a Christian, to help guide discussions. The leader at the final table wasn't very knowledgeable in answering questions, when it came to one lady, who the course was geared towards. I ended up sharing and answering her questions the best I could. The leader and some of the older people, who were Christians, were surprised, and suggested I should be a table leader in the future.

I'll be honest, when my mom suggested we take the course again, I was selfish and didn't want to go. Having taken it before, I didn't see what I would learn new this time. I blinded myself to what I was wanting out of it, and not seeing what God's purpose was for me to be there. On one of the nights of the course, He gave me a sign. "Empty yourself". As that course is over now, the church is starting a session of Alpha tonight. I originally didn't want to go it either, when my mom asked me during Skeptic. Once again, I didn't see how it would benefit me. After the last Skeptic session, I realized taking Alpha would benefit others. Especially if my home church runs it in the future. So I'm looking forward to it, tonight, and see what God reveals to me, and if He wills to use me in some way there. I guess one clue I have is God is preparing me for some sort of leadership role. I just have to wait for Him to reveal it at His time.

Absolutely. I went deep on Kingdom teachings last year and they were very enriching. Right now I'm focusing on prayer and exploring advanced teachings on the subject and furthering the concept of a biblical year. That will keep me occupied for a bit.

Do you have additional studies planned or topics you want to explore?

I have seen those types of revelations. In my career, and in my walk with God. Seeds He planted during my youth, during times at church, overhearing older brothers discuss topics about God, which would help me on my journey. Topics in regards to the human heart, which during my youth wasn't a big issue, compared to the times of today. Leading me to seek God's heart to understand those who are lost and some reasons why they suffer. Rather than just going along with the ideas of men, who are both in faith, and those who are not.

As for other studies, or topics, suffering is one I'll be starting soon. I'll be giving a devotional at my church's Prayer and Fellowship night, at the end of the month. God put in my heart to go with this topic, and to tie it into prayer. There is also the faith of a mother. I came across two different threads, in different forums, in regards to John 2, where Mary asks Jesus to help with the wine problem. God showed me it was the faith of a mother, that compelled the Father to move and have Jesus perform his first miracle. While Jesus was waiting for the Father's time to do his work, the mother's incredible faith moved the Father's heart. There is always faith involved when Jesus performed a miracle. Studying the measure of faith in each encounter is an interesting study.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟455,024.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If a man sins against another man, God can intercede for him; but if a man sins against the LORD, who can intercede for him?

But they would not listen to their father, since the LORD intended to put them to death.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm always at my church on Friday evenings to help setup the worship team equipment and set levels for their practice. So it made it easy for me to take over.

You're in a different season and aren't subject to those demands. They'll meet consistently with you at the helm and you have more time to study which may result in better lessons that further their growth. He fears your discipleship and what you're becoming in the process. That's the reason he opposed you.

I'm currently at a crossroads in understanding what my calling is, when it comes to serving God. I've always enjoyed serving from behind the scenes. However, I see God pushing me out into the open now.

There's a period of testing that occurs before it's revealed and it usually happens when you're in the shadows. It allows Him to see your heart in action. Do you pursue big things or serve where needed? Do you volunteer or wait for someone to ask? Are you hungry and eager to learn? Are you willing to try something new? Can you serve different populations? What are you drawn to naturally? Will you do hard or unpleasant tasks? Are you willing to sacrifice the desires of your heart?

He discovers all those things and more during that period. I volunteered for the leadership team for our Precepts bible study. But I also laid out the food and refreshments and replenished them throughout. I took a class on ministering to Muslims and provided refreshments for my class and the prayer meeting across from us. And I don't have the gift of helps.

I started ministering to a homeless man in my neighborhood before I was asked to co-lead a group at Alpha whose demographic included homeless men. I used to take a plate from the synagogue and give it to another homeless gentleman in our area on Friday nights and holidays. I didn't eat my food there I would take it home but when I encountered him I gave it to him instead and continued the practice.

There were numerous instances when I'd overhear a conversation and He'd lay something on my heart and I'd chime in. Without fail it addressed a problem or provided information they lacked and needed to have. I was standing in prayer for someone during this period and had a growing burden for unbelievers.

I took a lot of classes at church in addition to the bible studies. I was in missionary prep to discern if I was called to the mission field and was part of that ministry and supported a missionary in Paris. And I went to a weekend event at a monastery to determine if that was a possibility while desiring to marry.

There was a school in that area I've wanted to attend. I went a few days earlier for sightseeing before heading to the monastery. There was a program I was contemplated enrolling in. I did a tour and walked around the campus and the neighborhood and felt right at home. But as evening approached I realized God might have something else in mind.

I stood in front of the gates. Those infamous iron gates and I laid it down. And I told Him I'd go wherever He wanted. Even divinity school if He wished. I laid down marriage at the monastery. I didn't want to put limits on my service. It was painful but I did it. Before I left He told me He needed me elsewhere. The sisters strengthened me and confirmed what He said and more. They advised me to teach and a month later I was asked.

Things began to speed up afterward. The things I learned and did prepared me for that role. I brought dessert every week at Alpha and stayed afterwards to pray for the group. We had so many breakthroughs. It was incredible. Laboring in prayer for another taught me how to pray and made me conversant in spiritual warfare. I was doing the divine office and lectio divina as well.

I shouldn't have been surprised about the breakthroughs or things taking place in my life. I was surprised because I didn't see myself as He did. I put my head down and served, prayed, studied, etc. But I never looked in the mirror. One day I did and I told Him He made me beautiful.

Don't be surprised He's moving you forward. You're being promoted because you passed the test. It's difficult for Him to put His people in positions of visibility because it goes to their head and the higher they climb the more they compromise. We need David's in this hour. Men and women after the Lord's own heart who won't bend the knee to the world or the devil. And they're hard to find.

Each table had a leader, who is a Christian, to help guide discussions. The leader at the final table wasn't very knowledgeable in answering questions, when it came to one lady, who the course was geared towards. I ended up sharing and answering her questions the best I could. The leader and some of the older people, who were Christians, were surprised, and suggested I should be a table leader in the future.

That's why He sent you. He had a job in mind.

On one of the nights of the course, He gave me a sign. "Empty yourself". As that course is over now, the church is starting a session of Alpha tonight. I originally didn't want to go it either, when my mom asked me during Skeptic. Once again, I didn't see how it would benefit me. After the last Skeptic session, I realized taking Alpha would benefit others. Especially if my home church runs it in the future. So I'm looking forward to it, tonight, and see what God reveals to me, and if He wills to use me in some way there. I guess one clue I have is God is preparing me for some sort of leadership role. I just have to wait for Him to reveal it at His time.

We're vessels for His service and the more we take our hands off the greater our utility. One of the hardest things I've done was volunteer to be a marriage coordinator at church. I was single with no prospects save an unbeliever who wasn't an option. I didn't think twice about offering and imagined I'd enjoy it.

But I'm sure it would have tugged at my heart strings. I wasn't as settled as I am today. The desire to marry was strong and I'd given up the person I cared for. It may have been difficult and He had someone encourage me not to do it (for other reasons).

If you think He's preparing you for leadership feed your gift. Start reading books on the subject every month. Pick up a leadership bible. Find a podcast or two you can learn from. And consider a class as well. You'll know when you hit the mark. The excitement is evident and you can't get enough.

You may want to share your thoughts on the subject too. It's a great way to sink your teeth in a topic and discover your position on different issues.

The instruction I provided for women years ago was the foreshadowing of a development program I'm creating based on Esther. As I wrote those words I said in my mind, you should probably do something similar for Sarah and Proverbs 31. I take no credit for that!

He'll give you lots of ideas including ventures if you're willing. You may want to keep a notebook by your bed or an app on the phone to jot them down. I have that gift and He gave me my business plan and product ideas like above. Get ready for interesting times!

Topics in regards to the human heart, which during my youth wasn't a big issue, compared to the times of today. Leading me to seek God's heart to understand those who are lost and some reasons why they suffer. Rather than just going along with the ideas of men, who are both in faith, and those who are not.

You'll have a bigger impact by doing that. It's easy to follow a narrative but we need His input. Oftentimes He directs us in a manner that's countercultural. You can be at odds with the world and the church.

As for other studies, or topics, suffering is one I'll be starting soon. I'll be giving a devotional at my church's Prayer and Fellowship night, at the end of the month. God put in my heart to go with this topic, and to tie it into prayer. There is also the faith of a mother. I came across two different threads, in different forums, in regards to John 2, where Mary asks Jesus to help with the wine problem. God showed me it was the faith of a mother, that compelled the Father to move and have Jesus perform his first miracle. While Jesus was waiting for the Father's time to do his work, the mother's incredible faith moved the Father's heart. There is always faith involved when Jesus performed a miracle. Studying the measure of faith in each encounter is an interesting study.

The suffering topic is timely. Maybe you can do a thread here on the subject? The faith of the mother is interesting. I'll check it out.

~bella

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟216,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Those w/ higher views of Mary teach she's telling him to provide. I don't see that. I see her grumbling they have no wine. She does tell the servants to listen to Jesus after he tells her that's not really what he's here for, but she's surrendering to his authority -> she's not getting him to do anything. It does take faith to surrender to authority tho, yes, & we do know he responds to faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟411.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
God thinks that existence itself wasn't worth making without you personally in it. We're intentional, He chose to make us and bring us forth from nothingness. Our creation wasn't the end, He then chose to redeem us with the ransom of His life so that we can live in, through and with Him forever. Time without a stopping point, perpetual life with the One who made us and also with all of His children, our brothers and sisters. Look outside and think about all of the wonderful things you wish you could engage in, all of the activities you desire to set your hand to. Sport without injury, walking and loving nature without fear of animals or hurting yourself, enjoying life with other people without the existence of deceit and where the default is love. And to think we can only picture a fraction of what He has done and will do (1 Corinthians 2:9). Truly there is nobody or nothing like Him.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love when the Lord defends me. There's nothing better than when He tells you to be silent in the face of adversity and assures you He'll handle it and makes sure your enemy shares their struggle. That's priceless.

~bella

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0