Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thinking about stewardship, avoiding the bondage of possessions or approval, keeping in line with God's word and His heart ( heart of David and Hannah), compromise and a servants heart towards others, allowing for His will to shape and mold me and the fellowship I've been entrusted with.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What a beautiful memorial. How was the trip and connecting with relatives

It went well, i think, thank you. Everyone was even laughing good-naturedly at some of the memories regarding Aunt Kathy that were being shared during the service. I also was pleasantly surprised to discover during that hour that, apparently, "It is Well With My Soul" was one of Kathy's more treasured hymns. It is certainly a good one. ^-^

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's something I will have to think about for a while as there is not a simple answer.

It never really is, I would say personally, not even for those of us whom our loved ones would say are pretty transparent, easy to read, or led simple lives without adventure or excitement.:)

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I probably need to say goodbye, but I just don't know how. It's so weird, since I usually am not so tongue tied and intrigued by the story. Praying the holy spirit will guide me and protect my heart. Thank you Lord for this advent study and group you have placed in my life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
O my gosh, I just got asked out and we haven't even had our first phone conversation. I'm so embarrassed. It's through an app that I barely get much traction or conversation. This guy is looking for a classy gal and it looks like manicured hands. So I will have to let him know I am not manicured... Amongst other things. Someone who never wears jeans either. I think we started some messages three and a half weeks ago or a month ago but then he got covid-19. I took a week off for my media break and he sent a message with his phone number and thinking that I had left. There wasn't but a few sentences of exchange between us before. I hardly know anything about him and faith. Most of the guys on this site disappear once they read anything about my faith. And just today he said we need to get together for coffee or something. I let him know that it was my late father's wish that if someone wants to meet me they have to meet me at my own locale. He said he's willing.

Ughh, I will also have to be honest that I have been talking to someone else in the south. Although I don't have much attraction to him maybe this will be a good break from the guy that I am attracted to, that I'm not sure of. I don't have a good track record with my attractions.

Thank you to those that have been praying. I just looked him up and I guess he's a golf professional. So it will be interesting conversation since I have never played golf in my life. I just sent a message to one of my brothers in Christ who is into golf. So I can get a little bit of background on golf before I talk to him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It never really is, I would say personally, not even for those of us whom our loved ones would say are pretty transparent, easy to read, or led simple lives without adventure or excitement.:)
Yes! For sure my mom gave me her eulogy and I don't think I have looked at it. Some years ago so that it is prepared and ready.

This holiday season marks the period of time where I have spent more holidays alone than I have in the company of other people.
I hope that you will find some others that you can join in with. Maybe a Thanksgiving parade, or some other charity event. I had an interesting conversation today with someone about their activities and I think it might be something more in my future. I see less and less family in my holidays and more flexibility to do more things.

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So what are you all doing for Thanksgiving? We are going over my cousins house later on in the day
and of course having a great meal.
A Happy Thanksgiving to you! We have much to be thankful for. I had a pre dinner with my folks and Uncle last Sunday and I am going to make a pecan pie this morning and bring it to my aunt in the nursing home. We will do Zoom with some of our family up north. Also planning to make a Cornish hen for the first time for myself.:)

Upvote 0