Private
Mandatory

I'll take your money

And you can take my drugs

Cause I'm a thug

I got that vax, for dat cash

So you could pay that tax

And we could raise the stats

That's as far as I got in this new poem that came to me right now...

Last edited:
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'll take your money

And you can take my drugs

Cause I'm a thug

I got that vax, for dat cash

So you could pay that tax

And we could raise the stats

That's as far as I got in this new poem that came to me right now...

Kinda just joking with this one, but I do want to get back doing poetry.

I bought a poetry book today, "The Captain's Verses: The Love Poems", by Pablo Neruda.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah cheapest I found yesterday was $4.35 / gallon.
$3 38/gallon according to google

I had a double quarter pounder with cheese for almost $8 earlier today.

How much is gas and a burger where you all are?
$4.85 for a Burger King Whopper. I don't eat fast food but I googled it according to the ZIP code. Fast food continues to go up because of wages being brought up. Also a huge shortage of workers here which I think the whole country is experiencing. A non fast food place like some of the local bars might be 10 to $12. I think I had a hamburger for $8 a few weeks ago with my cousins when we visited my aunt in the nursing home. I think mine was with green olives.

I am falling apart
@GodDoesListen55 why are you falling apart?

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you both can have my snow.

You're more than free to have my share of all the snow in the world. :|

I snowwwww love you guys.

I am hoping that it does snow again where I am this year, as it surprisingly did quite a bit last February, to where I even had to be out of work for a week. ^_^

Minus the part, of course, where I did foolishly try to go to work one night - not having gotten the memo that we were allowed to stay home if we weren't confident that the roads were safe enough, as I have to take a highway to get to work - during that week of snow and ended up paying more to get my car towed out of a ditch than I made being on shift that night. ^_^

Snow, snow, come again.
@SarahsKnight can tow your heart away.

Kinda just joking with this one, but I do want to get back doing poetry.

I can buy your jokes. Ok, what's inside the waters?

I am falling apart.

:hug: :hug: :hug: We shall rise again!

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I snowwwww love you guys.
^_^ Haha, Love you too :amen::p

On my mind: Been praying through and thinking about this person I'm supposed to talk with tonight. I don't think we will be a long-term match even though he is two counties over. He got on the site when I was clearing out my inbox for a minute and sent a message of hello that I found later. I get tons of mail from guys through this one site that is mostly free, mostly hellos and nothing meaningful that they have even read my profile. Anyways I had a message this morning that asked false or real, and then followed up with a verse saying that he hoped to be able to talk to me tonight. It's been less than 24 hours since the last text, I don't think his pace is for me. He has even said that he would rather talk by phone than text, and I agree, but a phone conversation should be treated properly and when you have things going on I don't feel like cramming it in to 30 minutes of my day but to allow for a space where there will be a couple hours. Ughh. Interested in my conversation next week with someone some states away, but I'm pretty sure I will have to be up front that we are not a match either since I have heard nothing of his faith. Much more attracted to this guy, so I have to be careful of my heart.

Other than that I have a tendon on my right foot healing from possibly something I did over the weekend with yard work. Hands are still hurting from the shoveling with the horse manure for the garden. Pretty soon I will have to get back into running, it's been over a month but mentally I needed this long break to catch up and get back into some kind of rhythm not as fast-paced as those 6 months was of training. Still have to work on a plan for next year's marathon training. My waist is expanding and I will have to change out some of my jeans, but that's to be expected.

Lastly, I made the decision not to see some of my family up north because of the numbers with covid-19. But the good thing is I will try to see my aunt in the nursing home and get Zoom setup with family and make her a pie. Social distance in a conference room. I think this has been good physical therapy for her since she is not in any kind of physical therapy. They have to lift her up in a hoist and get her situated in the wheelchair, it's a lot of effort but she loves getting dressed up and putting her makeup on.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I can buy your jokes. Ok, what's inside the waters?

Yes, and then I could give you my brains...all the many cells upon the waters...ebbing...flowing...quiddifying our reality...

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and then I could give you my brains...all the many cells upon the waters...ebbing...flowing...quiddifying our reality...

Inside the waters are volcanos and atolls.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A moment ago, I was listening to my atheistic boss bash a group of people for praying. The group of people were the workers who built our department's new building. His little rant caught me off guard, until I remembered a particular carpenter.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A moment ago, I was listening to my atheistic boss bash a group of people for praying. The group of people were the workers who bui
ohh no:eek: Praying that it may be an opportunity of witness.:angel:

Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
May I ask for everyone's prayers, as starting tomorrow night I have five days of work straight, then a long trip out of town for both an exam and a funeral. Then another six out of eight days at work a few days after that. It will be exhausting, to be sure.

Especially if I suffer another dream any one of those nights after work like the one I did early this morning. It was disheartening and felt as real as any night terror, in which I awoke in a dark place where I could not seem to fully open my eyes, and was fearful that I was abandoned and alone in a terrible place of bad memory from my IRL pre-teen childhood. I worried about the abandonment because just before that in the dream I was with my IRL sister, trying to fall asleep as we shared and fondly spoke of better memories of our long-deceased grandmother who we were both close to as kids, so I suppose it was disorienting when I awoke again to find myself in what I could feel was a completely different but familiar (and not at all in a good way) location, to find her and everyone else gone, and no one responded to my calls for help from where I lay paralyzed and unable to see more than a narrow blur in front of me. So perhaps I feared my sister was dead and gone, too. :( ..... Definitely not a pleasant slumber. Please pray with me that I dream no more of the place that I was in, or suspected I was in despite not being able to fully open my eyes as though I were a newborn struggling to see, as i honestly despise that place, having been a source of few good memories but all too many bad ones. And that i also never again dream of such a situation of fearful abandonment.

The Lord had given me reassurance that He is here despite such a bad night, however.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm having chicken lomein (probably incorrect) right now,gonna be about 20+ with tip. Maybe I'll get a much needed haircut too. Not at the same place of course, though that is an idea...

Nah...

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
May I ask for everyone's prayers, as starting tomorrow night I have five days of work straight, then a long trip out of town for both an exam and a funeral. Then another six out of eight days at work a few days after that. It will be exhausting, to be sure.
I sure can:crossrc:

disheartening and felt as real as any night terror, in which I awoke in a dark place where I could not seem to fully open my eyes, and was fearful that I was abandoned and alone in a terrible place of bad memory from my IRL pre-teen childhood. I
I'm so sorry, I can pray for this also. Nothing like a bad nightmare:(

Yes, I enjoy turkey...year round
I know what you mean, but you selected the wrong quote:D^_^

I'm having chicken lomein (probably incorrect) right now,gonna be about 20+ with tip. Maybe I'll get a much needed haircut too. Not at the
Sounds pricey. I hope it was a good dinner.

Update on my mind: The phone call and conversation went well. He's maybe a decade older and said he was surprised I reached out to him. I was honest and let him know that I didn't think we were a long-term match, and I think he appreciated that directness. I felt it was the most polite thing to tell him in person then waiting to send something by email. Also we talked for 2 hours, and he said about talking next time, but I felt it was just best for us to say our goodbyes. There's always a chance we could run into each other but I gave him a recommendation for a church that is out by him that I have a good friend and his father that go there. I hope that will help him get plugged in since he just moved back to this area from Texas.

Upvote 0