United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But the portion that I drank by itself was superb

Eggnog is superb. It's one of my favorite parts of the holidays. That and toffee. I should try toffee and eggnog.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What's up with "stay safe"?

How long have people been saying this?

I never say these new compulsive things to say.

I say them. "Stay safe" "Be well" I think you're right, though. It's time to move on. "Take care, Y'all." No, that sounds just the same. I think I'll go with, "Alright, then." That's sufficiently ambivalent yet it still achieves the proper resolution. Lol

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What's up with "stay safe"?
I'm sure it has to do with covid-19. But these days with fatalities on the highway skyrocketing last year into this year and possibly crime going up, it does kind of seem fitting. But there are better more optimistic things to say to get our minds off of these things. Maybe a good expression would be something like "Be well and take care. Until next time" and the other person responds "Yes, until next time".

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What do you give up on?

Three chicken parmesan ordered from Olive Garden for a veterans Day meal with my folks. First time doing a take out dinner with them for veterans Day and celebrating my step dad and my service. Thank you Olive Garden for the meals and the option for takeout during the creative times of covid-19.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What do you give up on?

Three chicken parmesan ordered from Olive Garden for a veterans Day meal with my folks. First time doing a take out dinner with them for veterans Day and celebrating my step dad and my service. Thank you Olive Garden for the meals and the option for takeout during the creative times of covid-19.

Hey, thanks for your service!

Did you get your free gas?!

You probably don't use much gas...seeing as you're always running around...

I want some eggplant parmesan.

• Haha
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey, thanks for your service!

Did you get your free gas?!

You probably don't use much gas...seeing as you're always running around...

I want some eggplant parmesan.
I didn't hear about free gas?? Sitting at my to go curbside delivery right now to pick up the meals for my folks. $17.95 is what I had to pay for my mom's meal. Not a bad deal. And a great way to celebrate our day. Also used the Target discount online and Walgreens has something I'll use tomorrow. Next year I'm hoping to do this again for my folks.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I didn't hear about free gas?? Sitting at my to go curbside delivery right now to pick up the meals for my folks. $17.95 is what I had to pay for my mom's meal. Not a bad deal. And a great way to celebrate our day. Also used the Target discount online and Walgreens has something I'll use tomorrow. Next year I'm hoping to do this again for my folks.

Yeah it's been all over the news here, free gas for Veterans!

Also that's great food deal you got!

I paid almost $12 for a sub par fish taco meal yesterday. One small scoop of beans and rice. And I had to ask for limes for the tacos, which had very little flavor.

*You're a great daughter

• Friendly
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I want it to snow...I can just paint myself some snow...

:ahah:

I am hoping that it does snow again where I am this year, as it surprisingly did quite a bit last February, to where I even had to be out of work for a week. ^_^

Minus the part, of course, where I did foolishly try to go to work one night - not having gotten the memo that we were allowed to stay home if we weren't confident that the roads were safe enough, as I have to take a highway to get to work - during that week of snow and ended up paying more to get my car towed out of a ditch than I made being on shift that night. ^_^

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah it's been all over the news here, free gas for Veterans!
I looked it up after you said that. It looks like a California thing where it is much more needed since prices are higher.

I paid almost $12 for a sub par fish taco meal yesterday. One small scoop of beans and rice. And I had to ask for limes for the tacos, which had very little flavor.
yikes!

You're a great
More like my mom is the great mother. I'm kind of the fumbly make a mistake all the time daughter. I goofed up the tip when it came time at takeout, I was expecting to tip on my credit card but when she came back she just handed me with the receipt and took off for the next car. I started fumbling through my wallet trying to figure how much I could give. Oh well and stepped out of the car to give it to her. It wasn't the full 20% unfortunately.

I am hoping that it does snow again where I am this year, as it surprisingly did quite a bit last February, to where I even had to be out of work for a week. ^_^
@GospelS and @SarahsKnight , you both can have my snow. It's coming for the weekend. I put in to not be called or Saturday but I could be called on Sunday for snow plowing... But hopefully the temperatures are high enough that it just melts.. and the main people can take care of it

76 right now.
Nice!!! I love the warmer weather.

Upvote 0