USA
✟950,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Starting over, with kids and dirty diapers and everything?

Yes. I wanted more children. But I was okay if it didn't happen. I wouldn't deprive him of it. Our similarities in philosophy and upbringing are a tipping point. He had a good home environment and a close relationship with his parents. We can afford the practical stuff. Like a nanny, housekeeper, and governess. I wouldn't do it otherwise.

That is certainly not something that happens everyday. That is very big of him. Clearly he loves you to be so grand.

He's a provider and it makes him happy. His mother was a stay-at-home wife and involved in their activities and the community. That's his example. I work from home. He's getting the same in many respects. With some extras.

I fund my education and expenses out of pocket. There's no financial aid. The tuition is lower. But I'm still spending six figures. God wills it so I comply.

You're right. I do need to draw my own conclusions, and my mom and I are very different in many ways. While I do appreciate my mom's input, I really need to make my own assessment.

Yes you do. Don't be swayed by emotion. You need to see her in different scenarios. Women reveal themselves to others in ways they don't with the opposite sex. Keep that in mind.

I sound very shallow at this point, but there is more to it. it's the way she walks and and moves, she seems very confident, stern yet gentle. The way her hair moves in the breeze. She is different, because my thoughts when I think of her are genuine and sincere. Not the "I want a piece of that" gutter brain train of thought, not with her.

It doesn't sound shallow to me. But keep in mind, I'm with someone who dresses me and selects my wardrobe. Some would call that extreme. I ignore them. I know the reality most are living with. Women talk.

Aesthetically she appeals. You need to see how she affects your character. Are you bettered by her presence or not? Like this.

I seek your submission, your obedience, and your surrender. In a way that you don’t lose the decorum of your ladyship. But in a way that few others can fulfill. I want your full capability, intellect, and creativity to be in service to me. And I want to foster that drive and tranquility within you to be the best you can be. You bring out my natural leadership and masculinity in me like few others do. You inspire me to a better man.

When I read that I melted. That's what you want as a man and want to hear as a woman. You should be impacted and make an impact. He mentioned the 's' word twice. Don't sign on for power struggles. Or someone who usurps your authority, leadership, or masculinity. Get a sweet girl who knows how to follow.

I'm honored you like my words so much. You sure do know alot though :)
I know you care about everyone. Your sincerity, kindness and honesty is something else.

Thank you. I love spreading seed and pouring into others and watching them blossom. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing someone come alive.

Your comment was a holy kiss. I needed it. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Vinter
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
@Vinter

This wasn't in your post but it's an important consideration that bears repeating. :)

Everything you experience at home shows up in your relationship. Good and bad. Unless you dealt with it beforehand. Your companion and children have the greatest exposure to your strengths and weaknesses. You will afflict more pain upon them than anyone else due to proximity. They see the real you. Unfiltered.

When we talk about character. You're getting a sliver of what happens behind closed doors. The shadow is more pronounced. There's no need to hide it. As a result, you see love and damage in relationships. They don't hold back.

Self-awareness is important. If you're unwilling to see your shortcomings you're resistant to change. You have to consider the impact of your actions on others. You don't want someone unconscientious. You want someone quick to forgive, apologize, and make amends. Someone who listens, hears you, and is other centered. You need to provide the same.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Vinter

Jul 17, 2021
Copenhagen
✟55,412.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. I wanted more children. But I was okay if it didn't happen. I wouldn't deprive him of it. Our similarities in philosophy and upbringing are a tipping point. He had a good home environment and a close relationship with his parents. We can afford the practical stuff. Like a nanny, housekeeper, and governess. I wouldn't do it otherwise.

That's great.

He's a provider and it makes him happy. His mother was a stay-at-home wife and involved in their activities and the community. That's his example. I work from home. He's getting the same in many respects. With some extras.

That's where I am going to fall short. I want to be able to carry my future wife on hands and feet, but my income is very mediocre, so I can't realy call myself a provider.

I fund my education and expenses out of pocket. There's no financial aid. The tuition is lower. But I'm still spending six figures. God wills it so I comply.

That's like Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

It sounds expensive, but it doesn't sound like you to have to skimp out on anything.
You're realy blessed in that regard.

Yes you do. Don't be swayed by emotion. You need to see her in different scenarios. Women reveal themselves to others in ways they don't with the opposite sex. Keep that in mind.

I will keep that in mind. Thanks.

It doesn't sound shallow to me. But keep in mind, I'm with someone who dresses me and selects my wardrobe. Some would call that extreme. I ignore them. I know the reality most are living with. Women talk.

Normally I would call it over the top, but you like it and consider it normal. You do it of your own volition, you're not being forced in to it, that's a big difference.

Aesthetically she appeals. You need to see how she affects your character. Are you bettered by her presence or not? Like this.

I seek your submission, your obedience, and your surrender. In a way that you don’t lose the decorum of your ladyship. But in a way that few others can fulfill. I want your full capability, intellect, and creativity to be in service to me. And I want to foster that drive and tranquility within you to be the best you can be. You bring out my natural leadership and masculinity in me like few others do. You inspire me to a better man.

When I read that I melted. That's what you want as a man and want to hear as a woman. You should be impacted and make an impact. He mentioned the 's' word twice. Don't sign on for power struggles. Or someone who usurps your authority, leadership, or masculinity. Get a sweet girl who knows how to follow.

I doubt a danish woman would appreciate suchs words, danish women are very willful and do what they want, at least the ones I have come across. I would very much like a woman that's to the submissive side. From my experience that's a very rare breed in my country. Perhaps if I came more in Christian circles, it would make a difference.

Thank you. I love spreading seed and pouring into others and watching them blossom. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing someone come alive.

Thanks, you're so kind. :)

Message in blue, in the quoted post.
Could you please tell me how to make those grey boxes with ones text inbetween the quoted post?

Upvote 0

Vinter

Jul 17, 2021
Copenhagen
✟55,412.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Vinter

This wasn't in your post but it's an important consideration that bears repeating. :)

Everything you experience at home shows up in your relationship. Good and bad. Unless you dealt with it beforehand. Your companion and children have the greatest exposure to your strengths and weaknesses. You will afflict more pain upon them than anyone else due to proximity. They see the real you. Unfiltered.

When we talk about character. You're getting a sliver of what happens behind closed doors. The shadow is more pronounced. There's no need to hide it. As a result, you see love and damage in relationships. They don't hold back.

Self-awareness is important. If you're unwilling to see your shortcomings you're resistant to change. You have to consider the impact of your actions on others. You don't want someone unconscientious. You want someone quick to forgive, apologize, and make amends. Someone who listens, hears you, and is other centered. You need to provide the same.

Thanks. I'm going to bed soon. So I will reply properly to this post tomorrow. :)

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Here's my first plush bee. :)

nXwmnwg.png

lV9OvR9.png

llYchtm.png

I think the pattern turned out pretty good. The only changes I need to make are: make the antennae facing the opposite direction so they look less like horns, and make the chin a little smaller since it was a little too big.
That turned out awesome! I love the design, and would even be willing to buy one myself.

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Message in blue, in the quoted post.
Could you please tell me how to make those grey boxes with ones text inbetween the quoted post?

Click reply. Place [q] quote (write it out) at the beginning of the portion you want to respond to and do the same at the end [/q].

Do that for each section you want to quote. :)

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
That turned out awesome! I love the design, and would even be willing to buy one myself.
Thank you! :satisfied: Next I'll make a bigger plush bee with a few changes made, and then maybe I can make some to sell!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's where I am going to fall short. I want to be able to carry my future wife on hands and feet, but my income is very mediocre, so I can't realy call myself a provider.

Provision includes elements beyond money. A small income can go far with prudence. You don't have to be a breadwinner to provide. Few can live on one income.

In all fairness, he has multiple income streams and no debt. He attended school in state to keep expenses low and funded grad school out of pocket after benefits. I don't have a mortgage, car note, etc.

That's like Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. It sounds expensive, but it doesn't sound like you to have to skimp out on anything. You're really blessed in that regard.

My calling cost me a lot financially. I wasn't always making money. I bled cash for years and denied myself to fund the classes, resources, and equipment. I'll hesitate for myself. But I'll spend the money for my business without blinking. That's how my mind works. God first, bella second.

Denial is easy for me. The Lord combats it by placing people in my life who bless and encourage me to do things for myself. I use birthdays and holidays strategically. My family contributed too. It's bigger than me. I'm laying the groundwork for legacy.

Normally I would call it over the top, but you like it and consider it normal. You do it of your own volition, you're not being forced in to it, that's a big difference.

Normal bores me. I don't want crazy either! I need someone who lives life to the fullest. Not hiding in a corner or sitting on the sidelines. Or worried about opinions. That's the upside of mentoring. You hear a lot. I still have my ear to the ground in women's groups. Most people have stale or unfulfilling relationships.

Little to no attention. Little to no sex. Arguments aplenty. The majority aren't happy at all. I've sat in Christian confessionals...aka bible studies and prayer groups. They spill the beans. I don't want the same.

Nobody's perfect. You're choosing the flaws you'll deal with. He has challenges and so do I. But they're not the sort that end marriages. We've earned one another. He deserves a woman like me. The reverse holds true.

I doubt a danish woman would appreciate such words, danish women are very willful and do what they want, at least the ones I have come across. I would very much like a woman that's to the submissive side. From my experience that's a very rare breed in my country. Perhaps if I came more in Christian circles, it would make a difference.

Willfulness opposes respect and admiration. He's competing in the world. He shouldn't have to jockey at home. I have no problem ceding to a worthy man. He's my covering. My welfare is his priority. Why would I despise that?

Christian women aren't very submissive. They're just as bad as the rest. And equally tired and disheartened. I don't listen to them. I look at their lives and the quality of their companion and relationship first. How a woman speaks about her man is telling. He may be tight lipped but she's not.

Submissive women have a scent. It's in their conversation and carriage. She won't encourage you to end your marriage, disrespect your spouse, or validate your nonsense. She's the voice of wisdom. Those are the women I befriend.

Having a companion who esteems you, affirms your masculinity, values your guidance, supports your dreams, encourages and comforts you, delights in physical intimacy, sings your praises to others, and champions you spiritually. Who wouldn't want that?

You minister to your man on all levels. Wise women know this.

Thanks, you're so kind. :)

So are you. Sweet dreams. :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟992,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Holy kisses of any type are good between believers no matter what gender pairing is involved. In fact, I think it would be good for brothers to be willing to do so between themselves a lot more often, especially. ^-^

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Holy kisses of any type are good between believers no matter what gender pairing is involved. In fact, I think it would be good for brothers to be willing to do so between themselves a lot more often, especially. ^-^

I agree. I was feeling a little sad and Vinter cheered me up. That was God’s doing. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The entire concept of 'decaf' actually REALLY iritates me. Just like nicotine free chewing tobacco or non alcoholic beer.

What can I say? I enjoy killing myself. Slowly.

Yeah...head games...

We gotta spit it out.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟992,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People really need to stop making me nervous over this darn 5K!

I read that too fast and thought you said "nervous over this darn SK!" ^-^

I was like, wait, what did I do? ^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I made a post in this thread the other day basically venting that I regretted becoming a Christian. Honestly that's kind of true. There are some things I expected to have received from God by now over these 12+ years of walking with Him, and it feels like He just keeps messing with me and tripping me up, rather than meeting those needs / desires. It doesn't make any sense. That doesn't make me a bad Christian or a heathen, it just makes me human. The life of a Christian can really suck, especially if you feel neglected and constantly led on by the Lord throughout the whole experience.

I can't abandon Him, and still feel a level of impulse to continue to live for the Lord. But it's not the same.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I made a post in this thread the other day basically venting that I regretted becoming a Christian. Honestly that's kind of true. There are some things I expected to have received from God by now over these 12+ years of walking with Him, and it feels like He just keeps messing with me and tripping me up, rather than meeting those needs / desires. It doesn't make any sense. That doesn't make me a bad Christian or a heathen, it just makes me human. The life of a Christian can really suck, especially if you feel neglected and constantly led on by the Lord throughout the whole experience.

I can't abandon Him, and still feel a level of impulse to continue to live for the Lord. But it's not the same.

If we had it easy, we'd have no story to tell. And by the time you're in your late sixties with a silver beard, a tweed hat and a pipe, those stories are all you're really going to have; for those struggles you've been through (and are going through) are your richest currency.

It's best to just get in the moment, get your head down, and push on through. There's no 'better life' or 'greener pasture' - everything is happening correctly, on time - as it should. Right now.

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
^ To continue from the above (in a more generalised manner)

The knight's armour only appears shiny because he has NEVER been into battle. The pencil only looks sharp because it has done ZERO work. So it's better in the long run to reach the point of exhaustion JUST so that you can push through the pain barriers into new territory. Albeit, looking dishevelled and well worn.

Let go of this boyish fantasy of wanting to be 'godly' and pure like a superhero; the only way to live is to live with an open mind, and to understand you will always be the little fish swimming among the sharks. So start getting comfortable with it.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah...head games...

We gotta spit it out.

Or 'meat free' chicken nuggets.

Just buying those is a freudian slip. You're basically saying "I don't actually want to be a veggie. I just feel shoehorned into giving up meat because I have no backbone."

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Weekend plans are on my mind.

Yup, these things make us human. Expectations are a common source of stress, regardless of one's faith. the thing is, even when we get what we expect, the reality of those met expectations doesn't necessarily live up to what we hoped for. I get what you're saying, though. It's easy to find fault, or wish our circumstances were different, both looking inward and looking outward. One way around this is to find things to be thankful for regardless. There's no shortage of amazing things in this universe, regardless of its fallen state. Some of which might otherwise be overlooked, but are enough to last many lifetimes if we seek them out. Meanwhile, as you're appreciating the blessings, take steps to improve your situation.

Upvote 0