✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Wow. That's a big decision!
I've had ample money to retire for a few years now, but I was holding off to do it until I had worked a bit more. Now, I think differently. I'd like to enjoy the rest of my life, and I can't do that working for someone else.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sermon Notes from 2 weeks ago:
Gender rules are established by creation, not by culture
Gender is determined by biology
Men & women are equal in essence but distinct in function
We should celebrate the unique & invaluable contributions of women
Women are not asked to submit to all men
We should not super-impose extra-biblical gender markers - not all men hunt, not all women like pink, for example
Proverbs celebrates women's entreprenuership

Sunday school we discussed this & communication w/ parents. I participated, but one question I wanted to ask the women was how they feel about some of the stricter guidelines for women.

• Winner
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟150,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
My plushie is almost finished, yay! :clap:

Also this spring/Easter Pikachu plushie is absolutely adorable. ^_^:purpleheart:

P7542_701-09373_02.jpg

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've had ample money to retire for a few years now, but I was holding off to do it until I had worked a bit more. Now, I think differently. I'd like to enjoy the rest of my life, and I can't do that working for someone else.

If you can do it, do it. You only live once. Do you have a plan, something specific you want to do?

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I read obituaries. When did small, immidiate-family-only 'Celebration of LIfe' gatherings instead of typical funerals become so common-place. I noticed they seemed pretty common before COVID hit too, so it's not just a COVID thing.

It's just another sign of how not-connected we are to each other anymore. Plus it's just another way death s being hidden

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I read obituaries. When did small, immidiate-family-only 'Celebration of LIfe' gatherings instead of typical funerals become so common-place. I noticed they seemed pretty common before COVID hit too, so it's not just a COVID thing

I agree. It's a lot more common. Cremation is more common, too.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,874.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I read obituaries. When did small, immidiate-family-only 'Celebration of LIfe' gatherings instead of typical funerals become so common-place. I noticed they seemed pretty common before COVID hit too, so it's not just a COVID thing.

It's just another sign of how not-connected we are to each other anymore. Plus it's just another way death s being hidden

I think a "celebration of life" is just a euphemism for a funeral, and wish people would just call it what it is.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't understand why people over-complicate tipping. If you have a $12 meal, a $3-4 tip seems reasonable. If you have a 6 people, just multiply it by 6 & add a few bucks.

Does it really have to be an exact science??

I think a "celebration of life" is just a euphemism for a funeral, and wish people would just call it what it is.
I think one of the differences is the body isn't present at "celebration of life" events?

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
--- I am getting 1st Covid dose today.
--- I got a betta (fighting) fish last night. It's blue. I had tropical fish growing up & my friend talked me into it. It's in a 5 gallon tank. I hope it does well. I wonder if I need to get pH & other water testers? The store person didn't advise me on that but I'm reading online it's important. Growing up, we never did that, but if helps them live longer, I want to.
I want someday to get a gecko & cat (& dog when/if I get girlfriend/married), but for now I just settled on betta fish b/c smaller tank. Even small geckos apparently need 20-30 gallon tanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is a disaster. I am not feeling well. Co-workers are meeting for drinks for the first time since August last year. If I tell them I'm not feeling well, they will think I'm making excuse. IDK what to do.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This past service was on the temptation in the Garden.

In order to resist sin, we must beware & prepare. Our enemy uses a pattern of deadly tactics to be effective.

He preys on human vulnerabilities.

He appeals to human desires. For example the fruit was pleasing to the eye, food, & gave knowledge. All 3 tend to be good things from God.

He twists God's words.

He maligns God's motives.

He lies about the outcome.

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This past service was on the temptation in the Garden.

In order to resist sin, we must beware & prepare. Our enemy uses a pattern of deadly tactics to be effective.

He preys on human vulnerabilities.

He appeals to human desires. For example the fruit was pleasing to the eye, food, & gave knowledge. All 3 tend to be good things from God.

He twists God's words.

He maligns God's motives.

He lies about the outcome.

Similar with the temptation in the wilderness.

Bread, kingship, and miracles.

Good things which God the Father would give to His Son, Jesus, anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm surprised I still sign in here. I've outlasted my generation by nearly a decade.

I'm like Hulk Hogan in the NWO at this point.
Don't leave! We get little activity here as it is. I'm surprised. It seemed vibrant when I joined in January.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,874.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I'm surprised I still sign in here. I've outlasted my generation by nearly a decade.

I'm like Hulk Hogan in the NWO at this point.

I've been strongly considering leaving too.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
Don't leave! We get little activity here as it is. I'm surprised. It seemed vibrant when I joined in January.

You should have been here during the golden era when the forum was like Reddit, Twitter and Instagram all rolled into one. CF was actually that good once - people would cancel dinner plans to attended the annual awards from what I remember.

And there's a high likelihood (if not an absolute certainty) that you'd be in DM threads with multiple girls now. They might not be on the doorstep, or even to your precise tastes, but you'd certainly be proactively talking to women.

Instead, you've just got me.

I've been strongly considering leaving too.

Well, yeah, you're only a few years away from your 20th anniversary and you're NOT very old at all. So it'll probably be a relief for you to live a life without it; and I think there comes a point when you start to confuse what you post one here with who you ACTUALLY are.

I know, because we've all done it. They're rarely the same thing. I'm quite sure that most of what I say is lifted from the same part of the brain that fever dreams come from.

They're talking about another system upgrade - so maybe that's the time for me to saddle up, leave town and give some other young buck the chance to talk nonsense and debate nothing, with nobodies in nowhere sub-forums about stuff that ultimately doesn't matter.

Then again, I might 're brand' my entire account and dedicate an hour a day to just replying to prayer threads. I've always enjoyed helping people out when they're in a low place.

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
--- I am getting 1st Covid dose today.
--- I got a betta (fighting) fish last night. It's blue. I had tropical fish growing up & my friend talked me into it. It's in a 5 gallon tank. I hope it does well. I wonder if I need to get pH & other water testers? The store person didn't advise me on that but I'm reading online it's important. Growing up, we never did that, but if helps them live longer, I want to.
I want someday to get a gecko & cat (& dog when/if I get girlfriend/married), but for now I just settled on betta fish b/c smaller tank. Even small geckos apparently need 20-30 gallon tanks.
Well my fish died. Not sure what I did wrong. I tested the water a few times since I got it & everything came back good. I knew it was dying a couple days ago. It was losing its color & swimming really weird. Not sure if I should wait a few days to get another one, if the water's unsafe, or I should try again this evening? I'm so confused.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Neighbors/Cousins/parents/aunts/etc. calling me non-stop. Tempted to put them all on block for the time being. Do they think I just sit here waiting for them to call? Plus they all know I work during the day. :weary:

Upvote 0