What's on your mind?

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,433.00
Faith
Christian
You should have been here during the golden era when the forum was like Reddit, Twitter and Instagram all rolled into one. CF was actually that good once - people would cancel dinner plans to attended the annual awards from what I remember.

And there's a high likelihood (if not an absolute certainty) that you'd be in DM threads with multiple girls now. They might not be on the doorstep, or even to your precise tastes, but you'd certainly be proactively talking to women.

Instead, you've just got me.

Well, yeah, you're only a few years away from your 20th anniversary and you're NOT very old at all. So it'll probably be a relief for you to live a life without it; and I think there comes a point when you start to confuse what you post one here with who you ACTUALLY are.

I know, because we've all done it. They're rarely the same thing. I'm quite sure that most of what I say is lifted from the same part of the brain that fever dreams come from.

They're talking about another system upgrade - so maybe that's the time for me to saddle up, leave town and give some other young buck the chance to talk nonsense and debate nothing, with nobodies in nowhere sub-forums about stuff that ultimately doesn't matter.

Then again, I might 're brand' my entire account and dedicate an hour a day to just replying to prayer threads. I've always enjoyed helping people out when they're in a low place.

I feel like an old man reminiscing about the "good ol' days" coming to Singles forum now. I remember joining CF when it was at it's zenith. All the crazy threads and activity. I remember the drama and controversy. I remember members getting married. It was like a fun secret clubhouse, now it feels like visiting a history museum.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
...now it feels like visiting a history museum.

... Where only drunks, know-alls and tourists come ambling in.

Yep, I'm feeling like that old man too. I didn't see a lot of negative drama or controversy though - that stuff didn't come until about late 2014 when we were overrun with cry babies for a while.

I remember things were starting to become somewhat serious between me and this girl from south east Asia by that time, but for one reason or another it fizzled out. It's a shame in a way, because only about a year or so later I was actually in that part of the world quite regularly when I went travelling.

She was a little stunner too, but that's the way it goes with ultra-long distance. You can't just fly over there, you have to spiritually walk there footstep by footstep - and I'm known for my romantic laziness unfortunately. Projects come up and my attention goes elsewhere. So, *shrugs*.

So, although I always knocked the idea of CF romances, I was almost in one ONCE. But because it happened mostly through email I detached myself from the CF part of it. But anyway, there you go, there's a little piece of ReesePiece history. I wouldn't let it happen now though, not in a million years.

I came into the Singles lounge just before the end of the Guy Incognito era. I think that was the sweet spot. I was amazed at how many young, dynamic and progressive people where here. Certainly NOT the cliche young Christian I'd come to know. It was exciting.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟150,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
It is sad that Singles is not so active anymore. I do miss the "old days" too. :( Not just that, but practically every place I've been active on was very active and fun when I first joined but eventually was either closed down or became nearly dead...

...Perhaps they couldn't take my hundreds of names? o_O

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,433.00
Faith
Christian
I came into the Singles lounge just before the end of the Guy Incognito era. I think that was the sweet spot. I was amazed at how many young, dynamic and progressive people where here. Certainly NOT the cliche young Christian I'd come to know. It was exciting.

That was also during the era of Saucy and Miss Spaulding. They were like the power couple of CF singles back then.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
That was also during the era of Saucy and Miss Spaulding. They were like the power couple of CF singles back then.

I don't think Saucy appreciated my caustic levels of sarcasm back then. If CF really was a high school, I'd have been the kid with the extremely sardonic attitude in situations that really didn't call for it.

In the UK however, it would just be called witty banter. In Australia, it would be considered an expression of love.

Funny how one personality can be translated in so many different ways depending on country.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: MrMoe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I waste so much of my life at work. Sitting here chained to the desk. Doing the same thing all day, every day. It doesn't matter if we're busy or not, it's so boring. It doesn't matter if I'm working from home or at the office, it's still boring. My neck is so achy.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
I waste so much of my life at work. Sitting here chained to the desk. Doing the same thing all day, every day. It doesn't matter if we're busy or not, it's so boring. It doesn't matter if I'm working from home or at the office, it's still boring. My neck is so achy.

I mean, if you can squirrel away 20-30% of your income over the next year then it's probably worth sticking it out for a bit. If not, look for something else in the meantime then sack it off.

For every time you sign in here, sign into a job site three times. You'll be able to move on faster than you'd think.

Personally, I'd rather work at McDonald's than do an office job. I'm not exaggerating either; some of those posts pay just as well as anything else in the job market.

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I will tell you a secret. Start being thankful (yes! even for the pain) and see how things will change in your favour.

(you can thank me for sharing this secret later on and you are welcome :)).

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I read something this morning on one of my Internet travels. Kicked me right square in the feelings. Ouch.

Truly abused people avoid marriage as the only way to assure the abuse of children ends for good. (even if it ends the family tree)

Yep. Truth right there. Right here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I mean, if you can squirrel away 20-30% of your income over the next year then it's probably worth sticking it out for a bit. If not, look for something else in the meantime then sack it off.

For every time you sign in here, sign into a job site three times. You'll be able to move on faster than you'd think.

Personally, I'd rather work at McDonald's than do an office job. I'm not exaggerating either; some of those posts pay just as well as anything else in the job market.
My job isn't stressful so I like that. It's also a good fit for my personality. Unfortunately w/ jobs it seems you can have boring or stressful. Right now, I'm siding w/ boring.

Mc'Donalds? Probably more fun then office work. & you're not sitting staring at a screen all day. So definitely pro's to that! :)

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hey guys, I just purchased a van...for a nomadic band!

My boss is a news hound and he's gung-ho on the vaccine. He made it sound like my job is in jeopardy if I don't trust the hype.

I told him to let me know when he decides on the direction he wants to go...I'm ready for whatever.

I got other work lined up, as well as some unused unemployment. I've been blessed with a great network of friends and associates.

LLLLEEETSSSSSS GOOOOOOO!

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
My job isn't stressful so I like that. It's also a good fit for my personality. Unfortunately w/ jobs it seems you can have boring or stressful. Right now, I'm siding w/ boring.

Mc'Donalds? Probably more fun then office work. & you're not sitting staring at a screen all day. So definitely pro's to that! :)

When I was a herdsman, I spent a LOT of time sweating it out in the trenches watching milk circulating through pipes. My boredom actually sparked an unbelievable amount of creativity. An idle mind will wander to weird and wonderful places if it's forced to remain in situ.

Boredom is a double edged sword. It's both oppressive and inspiring. Many of my life plans were decided upon at 4am in the midst of a long and tedious milking.

I worked alone 90% of the time, so I didn't get stressed much. So I would very much dictate the pace of my own working day. I do NOT like being on someone else's terms and under the gun. It get very stroppy and argumentative. (Too many years working alone/for myself.)

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
Hey guys, I just purchased a van...for a nomadic band!

My boss is a news hound and he's gung-ho on the vaccine. He made it sound like my job is in jeopardy if I don't trust the hype.

I told him to let me know when he decides on the direction he wants to go...I'm ready for whatever.

I got other work lined up, as well as some unused unemployment. I've been blessed with a great network of friends and associates.

LLLLEEETSSSSSS GOOOOOOO!

Not to nag...

But, personally, I think you should take up the vaccine. But NOT because he told you to. But because you had to hunker down like the rest of us and subsequently lost a year of your life to this rubbish. I don't think any of us should invite any further inconvenience and disruption into our lives.

Get the jab, move on. Never talk about it again. That's what I'm doing. I've accidentally self-injected worse anyway when I lived on the farm, so a little vaccine isn't going to make me sweat.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Not to nag...

But, personally, I think you should take up the vaccine. But NOT because he told you to. But because you had to hunker down like the rest of us and subsequently lost a year of your life to this rubbish. I don't think any of us should invite any further inconvenience and disruption into our lives.

Get the jab, move on. Never talk about it again. That's what I'm doing. I've accidentally self-injected worse anyway when I lived on the farm, so a little vaccine isn't going to make me sweat.

Ha ha,

I already lost my taste and smell, I have antibodies.

I'm doing him the favor of not flexing my legal muscle...

Like, oh you're gonna let me go...for not vaccinating?!

I don't know about other countries, but in the U.S., this is called duress, if not down right violation of human rights.

Upvote 0