What's on your mind?

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
Ha ha,

I already lost my taste and smell, I have antibodies.

I'm doing him the favor of not flexing my legal muscle...

Like, oh you're gonna let me go...for not vaccinating?!

I don't know about other countries, but in the U.S., this is called duress, if not down right violation of human rights.

Yeah, especially at THIS stage of the pandemic when I think it's safe to say that the UK and the US have reached herd immunity - if we haven't, then it's very close. As far as I can tell, we've thumped the plane down and are now taxiing the runway on this. The priority group might have already scanned their passports, collected their baggage and made for the underground.

Europe, you need to seriously hurry up. We gave 600,000 doses in one day yesterday.

I absolutely believed in protecting the vulnerable, but if those people had any sense then they should have ALL be fully protected some time ago. We've come down through the most at risk age groups, and are now jabbing people who are VERY low risk.

That doesn't mean that *I* won't be taking the vaccine, but I do firmly believe that it should be optional at this point. And I MEAN, optional. Not 'optional' leaning towards low-key mandatory. Gentlemanly passive aggression seems to be the new oppression the days.

To be honest, I'd happily let someone in India take priority over me.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It really depends on the forum. I see some boards that used to be very active are now deader than dead, other forums that used to be very active are even more active than what they used to be.

I think the problem w/ CF is there's too many sub-forums. It hides the amount of activity, plus it discourages people from posting b/c there's just too many sub-forums to look over.

You can usually trace it up to the management levels. Active boards have good management, dead boards don't.

It can also depend on the topic. Usually 'cult following' or 'hobby' type things have very active boards.

I like message boards b/c you can have ongoing discussions. That's lost on other social media platforms.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
I think the people doing this forum mean well but things are very spread out. It would help if it was more consolidated.

It definitely needs to be more streamlined. I don't understand the need for ONE sub-forum per denomination. Why you wouldn't just open up a general theology forum and let the members stick a thread up as they see fit I have NO idea. It's not like we're seeing a 100,000 members a day. I doubt we're even seeing 100.

ALL of these little off topic forums (including politics) can just fall under the umbrella of "Chit Chat" too. It must be SO labour intensive to moderate this place.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟150,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
It may not be as active as it used to be in some areas, but I like CF overall. Especially good to have a place where you can discuss things from a Christian perspective.

It is good to see Somber around a little! I'd love to see her return too! :)

I'm still working on my fanfiction off and on. I'm currently on page 33 (I don't know exactly how long it will be). Sometimes I know what will happen next, other times I don't and need to take time to think about it. And I decided to add chapters, but some of them are very long because for some reason I often forget to add them! :doh:

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
I'm still working on my fanfiction off and on. I'm currently on page 33 (I don't know exactly how long it will be). Sometimes I know what will happen next, other times I don't and need to take time to think about it. And I decided to add chapters, but some of them are very long because for some reason I often forget to add them! :doh:

Maybe take a month off to really focus on what you'd like to do with the ending. Then when you come back, lose the concept of page counts and write it backwards.

If nothing else, writing backwards will make the foreshadowing easier.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I mainly stopped posting here.. because I could feel some drama going on with me.. and I just don't want to lash out in anger anymore.. I can get pretty emotional and hot headed.. so I moved on to the Kitchen Sink. Also.. I kind of want to interact with more atheists.. although thus far that hasn't really panned out.. lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟140,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
It definitely needs to be more streamlined. I don't understand the need for ONE sub-forum per denomination. Why you wouldn't just open up a general theology forum and let the members stick a thread up as they see fit I have NO idea. It's not like we're seeing a 100,000 members a day. I doubt we're even seeing 100.

ALL of these little off topic forums (including politics) can just fall under the umbrella of "Chit Chat" too. It must be SO labour intensive to moderate this place.
I don't envy the moderators dealing with dozens of sub-forums. In theory it's nice for everyone to have their own space but at this point it'd be better to simplify it so people can come together easier.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I mainly stopped posting here.. because I could feel some drama going on with me.. and I just don't want to lash out in anger anymore.. I can get pretty emotional and hot headed.. so I moved on to the Kitchen Sink. Also.. I kind of want to interact with more atheists.. although thus far that hasn't really panned out.. lol.
I enjoy reading your posts. I like your logical approach, and you often make interesting and entertaining observations about the nature of male-female relationships and interactions.

By the way, did you ever complete your writing project? You were writing some kind of book weren't you? I thought it sounded interesting when you described it ages ago.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I enjoy reading your posts. I like your logical approach, and you often make interesting and entertaining observations about the nature of male-female relationships and interactions.

By the way, did you ever complete your writing project? You were writing some kind of book weren't you? I thought it sounded interesting when you described it ages ago.

Sadly no. Life got busy a few months ago and I honestly forgot all about that book. Planning to pick it back up soon.

I feel kind of arrogant for writing a book, like I feel towards many others who do the same. Although I do believe most people have at least one good book out of them.. be it fiction or non-fiction. Really though the book is more of a place to put a lot of my ideas in one place so then I can focus on trying to launch some sort of social media presence.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
I feel kind of arrogant for writing a book, like I feel towards many others who do the same. Although I do believe most people have at least one good book out of them.. be it fiction or non-fiction. Really though the book is more of a place to put a lot of my ideas in one place so then I can focus on trying to launch some sort of social media presence.

I really wouldn't worry about that. In the era of influencers doing stupid things for six figures, you are MORE than entitled to write a book and allow for some self-indulgence. If anything, it'll be good for you.

I know this sounds like sour grapes, but it really isn't. I'm glad we have people setting the bar so low; it helps rid the world of impostor syndrome - something which *I* believe is a far worse trait to have. It cripples people to the point that they literally do nothing.

At least the influencer is moving. Arrogantly maybe but they're moving and making bread for themselves. It's 2021, arrogance is expected.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I heard a rumor if the Rugrats reboot goes well, they want to continue Hey Arnold.

The Rugrats reboot looks dumb to me, but a Hey Arnold series in the classic 2D animation, either picking up where The Jungle movie left off, or in the canon pre-Jungle Movie, could be okay.

I liked the All That reboot.
The Rocko TV movie was......okay...........
I saw the first Are You Afraid of the Dark miniseries & liked it.
I'm happy we got The Zim TV movie & Hey Arnold Jungle Movies, both long-anticipated.

A Hey Arnold reboot/continuation could get preachy.........At least the Jungle Movie didn't get into that nonsense.

Upvote 0