USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The new narrative. When you play by the devil’s rules, you get burned.

The Atlantic
AD47653F-3DDC-4186-A0B0-53540E50E563.jpeg

AP News
0D5DBDE6-BF62-465A-A610-E1DF142BFE89.jpeg

NY Times
E7F574A5-A36B-43E8-B8CC-BCB177B973C2.jpeg

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
@sampa

This looks right up your alley. I recall we have other runners on the forum. They might enjoy it too.

16C4E0F9-743E-40EF-B3AD-6162F2F5FAB4.jpeg

As a runner, you want to accomplish your physical goals. But deep down, you long for your training to be a more meaningful experience, engaging your body, mind, soul, and spirit.

Walk, Run, Soar
is a 52-week devotional and training journal designed for runners who hope to experience God's presence, purpose, and glory in a deeper way as they run. Dorina Gilmore Young, and her triathlete husband, Shawn, will get you moving with a new motivation: improving your spiritual health.

Along with weekly devotions to inspire you, Walk, Run, Soar includes
- practical running/training tips
- training schedules from a running and triathlon coach
- advice on how to fuel your body well
- reflection questions and action steps
- space to journal and record your running progress

Whether you are new to running or a longtime runner, Walk, Run, Soar will motivate you to hit your fitness goals while strengthening your faith.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
@sampa

This looks right up your alley. I recall we have other runners on the forum. They might enjoy it too.

View attachment 294303

As a runner, you want to accomplish your physical goals. But deep down, you long for your training to be a more meaningful experience, engaging your body, mind, soul, and spirit.

Walk, Run, Soar
is a 52-week devotional and training journal designed for runners who hope to experience God's presence, purpose, and glory in a deeper way as they run. Dorina Gilmore Young, and her triathlete husband, Shawn, will get you moving with a new motivation: improving your spiritual health.

Along with weekly devotions to inspire you, Walk, Run, Soar includes
- practical running/training tips
- training schedules from a running and triathlon coach
- advice on how to fuel your body well
- reflection questions and action steps
- space to journal and record your running progress

Whether you are new to running or a longtime runner, Walk, Run, Soar will motivate you to hit your fitness goals while strengthening your faith.
Thank you! I might check this out. I was led by the Holy Spirit yesterday to shut down all online dating accounts.

I was planning on doing it the 17th of February, but I feel like my relationship with the Lord needs more attention before I go into the Daniel fast. If it's good, I will pass this along to a co-worker, fellow believer, former athlete and recovering from her injury 2 years ago. Thanks for thinking of me.

Edit: Just ordered it and it should arrive tuesday. My Daniel fast will begin the 20th. That's probably when I will begin it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just ordered it and it should arrive tuesday. My Daniel fast will begin I think the 20th and that's probably when I will begin it.

Wow, that’s neat! I stumbled on the book and immediately thought of you. I hope you enjoy it.

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
@DragonFox91

In light of the OP’s feelings, I’ll answer here. Sorry I missed it earlier.

Do you ever find you're following the experts advice but it's not working? Do you ever feel the experts act like it's easy so it should be easy for you too? Do you feel the experts haven't been in your shoes?

I believe relatability begins in childhood and should be positively nurtured at home. If a child exhibits difficulty with peers or demonstrates extreme introversion or social challenges, it’s the parent’s responsibility to address it. Permitting its continuance creates the probability of future handicaps and dejection.

In my experience, most relational issues manifest in our youth, barring injury or exploitation the person experiences at a later date. Thus, the individual who struggles with the opposite sex as an adult often experienced the same as a child, adolescent, or teen. It has a root most can reference.

Relational advice isn’t penned with this person in mind. They aren’t considering mental, emotional, or social impediments. They’re addressing well-adjusted readers with good communication skills and limited barriers inhibiting their interactions with the opposite sex.

I typically broach a subject from three positions. The initial stage is gathering. I’m looking for an overview and listening to different perspectives. Then compare and contrast follows. How does the information line up with my experiences and character? This is the pruning stage.

I go deeper on the keepers and begin applying what I’ve learned and make adjustments where needed. Assessment follows. I look for areas of growth and struggle and determine what’s needed. I’ll take a class or work with a professional to overcome the stumbling blocks and continue progressing.

I work with several coaches for this reason. Classes are nice but behavioral challenges often require more input. God usually nudges me where I need help. It comes up in my quiet time or is on my heart.

I’m not working with a relationship coach right now but I’m in her group. That’s the first step in the process. We learn her philosophy and engage with others who’ve done the same and acquired the companion they’ve sought.

She challenges me where I need to be challenged (as does the team). I can’t get it elsewhere.

I like to fix what I can. I consider it a way of honoring myself (self-love), God (gratitude), and the other person (love). A healthier me makes a healthier us.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
@DragonFox91

In light of the OP’s feelings, I’ll answer here. Sorry I missed it earlier.

I believe relatability begins in childhood and should be positively nurtured at home. If a child exhibits difficulty with peers or demonstrates extreme introversion or social challenges, it’s the parent’s responsibility to address it. Permitting its continuance creates the probability of future handicaps and dejection.

In my experience, most relational issues manifest in our youth, barring injury or exploitation the person experiences at a later date. Thus, the individual who struggles with the opposite sex as an adult often experienced the same as a child, adolescent, or teen. It has a root most can reference.

Relational advice isn’t penned with this person in mind. They aren’t considering mental, emotional, or social impediments. They’re addressing well-adjusted readers with good communication skills and limited barriers inhibiting their interactions with the opposite sex.

I typically broach a subject from three positions. The initial stage is gathering. I’m looking for an overview and listening to different perspectives. Then compare and contrast follows. How does the information line up with my experiences and character? This is the pruning stage.

I go deeper on the keepers and begin applying what I’ve learned and make adjustments where needed. Assessment follows. I look for areas of growth and struggle and determine what’s needed. I’ll take a class or work with a professional to overcome the stumbling blocks and continue progressing.

I work with several coaches for this reason. Classes are nice but behavioral challenges often require more input. God usually nudges me where I need help. It comes up in my quiet time or is on my heart.

I’m not working with a relationship coach right now but I’m in her group. That’s the first step in the process. We learn her philosophy and engage with others who’ve done the same and acquired the companion they’ve sought.

She challenges me where I need to be challenged (as does the team). I can’t get it elsewhere.

I like to fix what I can. I consider it a way of honoring myself (self-love), God (gratitude), and the other person (love). A healthier me makes a healthier us.
Yah, I posted this a long time ago, about time :p

The bolded is the whole problem.

What kind of classes & coaches?

I see a counselor, he's good, but I don't think he truly 'gets' it.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The carpet installers are here. They got here really early, 6am, but I'd like them to be done sooner than later so I can get my Internet, work computer, & work phone hooked up so I can 'go back' to work tomorrow.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
@Pavel Mosko

What are my options for an Aramaic bible? It appears many are translations from Syriac. I’d like to explore it and the targum. Suggestions are welcome. Thank you! :)

I haven't read the Targums but that sounds cool and would definitely by a book on them if I was Messianic. Peshitta.org has a free online Targum. It looks a lot like the Old Testament to me though (looking at early Genesis).

Right Now I got only a few people I trust. Peshitta.org a defunct site still has some free stuff as far as interlinear Bible and an old web forum where people talk about poetic structures etc. in various Bible passages.
Peshitta Aramaic/English Interlinear New Testament

This guy really knows a lot about all the Dialects etc. and his work is free here. If I was writing or studying anything I would personally Google his name with the Bible passage to see if he wrote anything on it. He knows a lot more than other Hebrew roots folks (Who just want to push the Eastern text and the idea that the NT was first written in Aramaic).
stevecaruso

If I was looking to find something easy to use I might roll the dice on this. I haven't read it, but its only 9$ and has a good chance of being better than more expensive and erroneous options by Lamsa etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Aramaic-Peshitta-New-Testament-Translation-ebook/dp/B0051OZ0W8

• Winner
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We really need a 'What did you learn in church' thread. A message board I used to participate in had one of those.

Sunday school yesterday we continued thru Mark. We don't really go into any depth in any of the stories. Big theme is disciples don't really understand what's going on. It was always sort of taught to me the disciples should know who Jesus is & why on earth aren't they remembering what they're being taught, they're being silly! But yesterday it really struck me these were all new teachings to them & everyone else who listened & saw. They had never heard these lessons & teachings before. Also, they were so focused on what the Messiah should've been & what they thought he was going to be, I can understand why they'd "forget" or misinterpret, or not understand what was being taught to them. An application for me is to get rid of preconceptions & focus on what is being taught & not keep dwelling on what's not right.

After the reminders of how much I dislike being single to start the service (see another one of my posts), the sermon was good. The service was on Deuteronomy. God was faithful even tho the people weren't. He had a law & they could choose between being blessed or cursed. If they were cursed & suffered, he'd still restore them tho. Also, Jesus is the greater Moses. The application is God doesn't give up on people, we must resist cultural conformity, God's word is critical, & must remember truths.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yah, I posted this a long time ago, about time :p

Sorry. If you edit the post it doesn’t alert me.

The bolded is the whole problem.

I would begin with the problem in mind and then the topic. For example, if you struggle with social awkwardness I would look for dating advice for that audience.

What kind of classes & coaches?

I have classes for all topics of interest. They’re a cheat sheet of sorts. They allow me to speed up the learning process. I use coaches the same way now. They’re a bigger leapfrog.

For instance, I have a business coach, a life coach, a beauty coach, a wellness coach, and a creative coach. They provide instruction, accountability, and access to likeminded people pursuing the same.

That’s my life hack. They help me achieve the results I want. So I’m not wrestling with an issue for years. I can get it off my plate.

I see a counselor, he's good, but I don't think he truly 'gets' it.

Coaching and counseling differ. It requires a significant degree of discipline and self-motivation. They provide the tools for change but won’t force you to do it. You must be committed to the process. Coaches address problems through mental, emotional, and behavioral changes. It isn’t therapy.

I don’t think he’s clueless. The desire for companionship was birthed at a young age. It blossomed with you. You’ve longed for more than 20 years. It creates emotional intensity and hunger. Reigning it in is difficult. It’s all you know.

Compare that to your response on the animal thread.

I like birds, but I'm probably most like a cat. Shy, quiet, hard to open up, but very loving once so.

They’re at odds with one another. You’re still on the outside and a tsunami within. You may appear unresponsive or detached to an onlooker. Or they don’t realize you’re interested. How do you communicate it?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Right Now I got only a few people I trust. Peshitta.org a defunct site still has some free stuff as far as interlinear Bible and an old web forum where people talk about poetic structures etc. in various Bible passages.
Peshitta Aramaic/English Interlinear New Testament

Thank you for the resources and informative response. I really appreciate it. I knew you were the right source. :)

I concur. Trust is difficult in present times.

I haven’t delved into Hebrew Roots teachings. I’m skeptical of a lot of things at this point. Resting in my belief in God and Christ is enough.

I’ll check out the book and websites.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry. If you edit the post it doesn’t alert me.
I will have to PM you when I edit posts now, then :p

I have classes for all topics of interest. They’re a cheat sheet of sorts. They allow me to speed up the learning process. I use coaches the same way now. They’re a bigger leapfrog.

For instance, I have a business coach, a life coach, a beauty coach, a wellness coach, and a creative coach. They provide instruction, accountability, and access to likeminded people pursuing the same.

That’s my life hack. They help me achieve the results I want. So I’m not wrestling with an issue for years. I can get it off my plate.

Coaching and counseling differ. It requires a significant degree of discipline and self-motivation. They provide the tools for change but won’t force you to do it. You must be committed to the process. Coaches address problems through mental, emotional, and behavioral changes. It isn’t therapy.
Holy heck, how do you find all those coaches? You pay them & they're professionals, & meet them in-person? I didn't know there were all those kinds!

I don't think a coach would understand my situation. Relationship coaches strike me as 'it's easy, all you have to do is go to church & meet them! I met my partner @ church when I was 17!' :unamused:

I don’t think he’s clueless. The desire for companionship was birthed at a young age. It blossomed with you. You’ve longed for more than 20 years. It creates emotional intensity and hunger. Reigning it in is difficult. It’s all you know.
Yep

Compare that to your response on the animal thread.

I like birds, but I'm probably most like a cat. Shy, quiet, hard to open up, but very loving once so.

They’re at odds with one another. You’re still on the outside and a tsunami within. You may appear unresponsive or detached to an onlooker. Or they don’t realize you’re interested. How do you communicate it?
What's at odds? What am I on the outside of?

Right now I'm not communicating it b/c I'm not meeting any. Just men, or women too old or too young.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I will have to PM you when I edit posts now, then :p

Okay. ;)

Holy heck, how do you find all those coaches? You pay them & they're professionals, & meet them in-person? I didn't know there were all those kinds!

I’m self-employed. I find a lot of things through word of mouth and personal recommendations. All my friends and associates are the same. We operate in similar circles and share our knowledge. The digital space is pretty tight knit. Someone’s heard of the person, taken a class, or worked with them.

I’d say God led me to them but that sounds super religious. Some I’ve followed for a time and others I stumbled on. My beauty coach was a rare find that came through a rabbit hole. I wanted to connect with others who shared my mindset on dating but I couldn’t find them. One day I found them and it led to her.

I prefer to pay for instruction or assistance. You attract different people when you do. They’re more committed, less combative, and more supportive. We’re in the same boat. The information you encounter on the Internet is tiered. You get level one access. The nuggets come at a price and they’re meted out. Investing in my betterment is good stewardship.

I don't think a coach would understand my situation. Relationship coaches strike me as 'it's easy, all you have to do is go to church & meet them!' :unamused:

That isn’t my experience. If my approach isn’t working there’s probably a flaw in the diagnosis or remedy I devised. I’m willing to scrap both to solve the problem. I’m not looking for someone who sees things my way. I may be wrong and need to change.

What's at odds? What am I on the outside of?

If opening up is hard the other must breach the wall to build a connection. That requires a lot of time and patience. It’s work.

Right now I'm not communicating it b/c I'm not meeting any. Just men, or women too old or too young.

You’ve probably encountered single women in your interactions outside the church but you’re not connecting. I used to go to Starbucks to work and get out of the house. I met someone. We were side eyeing one another and started talking. Small talk at first. He got me a drink and we introduced ourselves. By the end of the week we shared a lot.

He introduced me to his friends and the regulars. He shared his work and wanted to take me to his favorite haunts. If he wasn’t an atheist I would have dated him. Our connection was genuine.

There was nothing complicated about the meeting. He saw someone he was attracted to and said hello. I’ve experienced the same elsewhere. Even bookstores. You never know who’ll you encounter. Friendliness has its merits.

Demographics helps. The age range in the area and nearby neighborhoods is my ideal. I’m constantly encountering people who’d be viable candidates as friends or prospects. I’m not in the suburbs or outskirts. Young professionals gravitate to the city.

Local attractions are in walking distance. I don’t need a car. We’re inundated with locals and out of towners. If your neighborhood is more traditional or skews towards families, you may need to venture to areas popular with younger residents.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You’ve probably encountered single women in your interactions outside the church but you’re not connecting. I used to go to Starbucks to work and get out of the house. I met someone. We were side eyeing one another and started talking. Small talk at first. He got me a drink and we introduced ourselves. By the end of the week we shared a lot.

He introduced me to his friends and the regulars. He shared his work and wanted to take me to his favorite haunts. If he wasn’t an atheist I would have dated him. Our connection was genuine.
I'm in the middle of getting my house back together but scanned your post quick & wanted to comment on this part a second. I'll reply to the rest later.

What happened in Starbucks to you & him doesn't happen to everyone. It just doesn't. 2 strangers just going on w/ their lives, you giving him signs & him giving you signs & both acting on it & hitting it off so well. Consider yourself fortunate. That's most people's fantasy. Probably wasn't the first time for you, either, I imagine.

Yes, I should be more open to strangers. I'll try looking out for those kinds of situations. No one gives me looks, but I've been told women tend not to do that even to hot men b/c it takes interaction w/ men first for them to get attracted.....he must've really caught your eye! ;)

Anyways, my friend & I were talking about something similar a couple weeks ago: most strangers you should just leave alone, but if someone does happen to be giving you signs & appearing to be more than polite, you need to act on it. He's also as adamant he's going to meet a cashier or waitress as I am about meeting someone at church, so he's specifically trying especially hard in that area. I'm convinced cashiers & waitresses are just being polite & friendly b/c it's part of their job or it's part of their personality. That's what can get me into trouble when I am meeting women my age range btw. ('She's being friendly to me, she's probably friendly to everyone & isn't particularly interested in me', for example) I want to crush & destroy that thought pattern whenever it is I next meet someone in my dating age range in a situation specifically designed to be social.

Wow, that turned out longer than I thought. I'll reply to rest later. Thank you! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yay! Carpet people are done. New floor all officially in. Got to clean the place like crazy now, isn't too bad, but my parents gave me some of their clean-freak genes. Also got to get my Internet & other work stuff hooked back up so I can "go back" to work tomorrow. (Sad face!) Also need lunch, it's already 2pm & I haven't eat anything all day!

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I’m self-employed. I find a lot of things through word of mouth and personal recommendations. All my friends and associates are the same. We operate in similar circles and share our knowledge. The digital space is pretty tight knit. Someone’s heard of the person, taken a class, or worked with them.

I’d say God led me to them but that sounds super religious. Some I’ve followed for a time and others I stumbled on. My beauty coach was a rare find that came through a rabbit hole. I wanted to connect with others who shared my mindset on dating but I couldn’t find them. One day I found them and it led to her.

I prefer to pay for instruction or assistance. You attract different people when you do. They’re more committed, less combative, and more supportive. We’re in the same boat. The information you encounter on the Internet is tiered. You get level one access. The nuggets come at a price and they’re meted out. Investing in my betterment is good stewardship.
Interesting. You must really have a drive to improve yourself. You don't think you're good the way you are now? Or are these just areas you're really interested in you'd like to learn from?

I didn't know there were professional coaches on so many topics. I wonder if there's men versions of beauty coaches. Maybe that'd help me......I doubt it, but I could at least say I'm giving everything. Wonder what some other topics of coaching for men there are.

That isn’t my experience. If my approach isn’t working there’s probably a flaw in the diagnosis or remedy I devised. I’m willing to scrap both to solve the problem. I’m not looking for someone who sees things my way. I may be wrong and need to change.
Everyone I talk to about the topic just says keep meeting people until you break thru.

If opening up is hard the other must breach the wall to build a connection. That requires a lot of time and patience. It’s work.
Shier men (& shier women I suppose) don't have a shot then. Everyone I talk to about that says that's not true, & point out while it can be challenging for me, I've met many people & have had many friendships & experiences. I think & hope when I find the kind of woman I'm looking for, it won't be a problem, just like it's not when I find the kind of men & older women I look for.

Demographics helps. The age range in the area and nearby neighborhoods is my ideal. I’m constantly encountering people who’d be viable candidates as friends or prospects. I’m not in the suburbs or outskirts. Young professionals gravitate to the city.

Local attractions are in walking distance. I don’t need a car. We’re inundated with locals and out of towners. If your neighborhood is more traditional or skews towards families, you may need to venture to areas popular with younger residents.
Well, I live in a condo & those attract all sorts of demographics. There's a mix of everything in my association. My immediate neighbors are 2 married couples my age. They keep to themselves, which I've found is common w/ married couples my age :unamused:. I've met a much older lady & a lady in her 40s (who's dating) & we get together a several times a year

I think demographics are going to be diverse everywhere, except for the suburbs which will skew families, IMO. I've had people advise I should move South (for many many different reasons), but I live in a city that generally shares my beliefs & values or is at least split you could call it even.

There's a few Christian colleges in my city. I've thought moving to a real college town could help, tho I think I'm starting to get too old for that demographic. I actually lived in a real college town when I was a student. I guess I was still growing back then. Had job opportunities not caused me to move from there, I would've preferred to stay in that town.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I got a lot of stuff moved & my work stuff hooked up, but still need to really vacuum & sweep & mop. Plus I want to go to the gym & have to go to the grocery store. But I feel exhausted. I think I'll just enjoy my PTO day off. Working tomorrow will get me in that mindset.

I feel bored, exhausted, & want to do a lot of things, all at once LOL. :sweatsmile:

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm in the middle of getting my house back together but scanned your post quick & wanted to comment on this part a second. I'll reply to the rest later.

Congrats! I’m glad they’re done. Now you can restore order and enjoy your space. I understand the clean-freak gene. I inherited the same.

What happened in Starbucks to you & him doesn't happen to everyone. It just doesn't. 2 strangers just going on w/ their lives, you giving him signs & him giving you signs & both acting on it & hitting it off so well.

When you say everyone are you speaking of Christians or the general population?

Consider yourself fortunate. That's most people's fantasy. Probably wasn't the first time for you, either, I imagine.

No it isn’t. Why am I fortunate?

Yes, I should be more open to strangers. I'll try looking out for those kinds of situations. No one gives me looks, but I've been told women tend not to do that even to hot men b/c it takes interaction w/ men first for them to get attracted.....he must've really caught your eye! ;)

Women respond in subtle ways but some are overt and won’t hide their interest. You can communicate agreement through the eyes, tone, and body language.

Anyways, my friend & I were talking about something similar a couple weeks ago: most strangers you should just leave alone, but if someone does happen to be giving you signs & appearing to be more than polite, you need to act on it.

Sometimes that’s the case and sometimes it isn’t. Someone has to make a move to get the ball rolling. The more you do it the more comfortable you become.

I'm convinced cashiers & waitresses are just being polite & friendly b/c it's part of their job or it's part of their personality.

Truth be told, most people ignore them. They’re invisible to the ones they serve.

That's what can get me into trouble when I am meeting women my age range btw. ('She's being friendly to me, she's probably friendly to everyone & isn't particularly interested in me', for example)

Assume the best unless the person demonstrates otherwise. If she’s being nice return the favor and see what happens.

I want to crush & destroy that thought pattern whenever it is I next meet someone in my dating age range in a situation specifically designed to be social.

You should! Cultural events are great venues to meet likeminded company. People are usually friendly and talkative.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0