United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh no,Thats awful.

Yeah.. plus America's horrible medical coverage and lack of paid sick days for many employers.. we'll probably get it worse than most first world countries.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟286,318.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you for that. That is so true, especially that last sentence. I’ve been guilty of that more times that I can count.

This is where you have to believe in your own destiny a little bit - because a time will come when you will make it to that proverbial fairground, and life will all of a sudden start making sense. All the times you came close but not close enough won't actually matter in the grand scheme of things. You'll just say "well, it just wasn't my time back then - it is NOW though."

The only thing you're guilty of is being exactly where God wanted you. That "big win" is going to be crazy when it finally happens, even if you can't see that now.

Reactions: leothelioness
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One big thing I worry about the coronavirus is my father. He's in a very weakened state and if he catches it he's pretty much a goner. He's supposed to move to a nursing home (for physical therapy) soon, and it seems like the disease is pretty deadly there.

I mean wow what timing.. my father gets a serious disease.. and at the almost the same time a pandemic will probably start.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Struggling with anger regarding women making fun of short men. I mean, I haven't really vented it out towards anyone but I come really close. The new (and incredibly fast growing) subreddit "Female Dating Strategy" is absolutely rancid. Calling short men "genetic failures", and openly promoting body shaming of us.

I mean honestly.. depends why a man is short. I'm probably short due to my family being pretty neotenous despite having European heritage. Higher neoteny is usually correlated with advanced evolutionarily status. That's not exactly "genetically inferior". Plenty of my short relatives owned their own business and some were multi millionaires too. Plus.. since neotenous women are highly regarded, my male ancestors had children with the top tier women of the village or wherever they came from.. lol.

SJWs need to be careful in that regard.. trying to mock short men as being of lower genetic quality can easily dip into racial issues. I know a few tried to pull that on me in the past and I brought up the differences in height between races and the hypercritical liberals run off.

I guess this post is ranting a little, but it really hasn't gone after anyone else body type in retaliation.. so I think its fine.. just things that have been brewing in my mind lately. I'm trying to be a nicer person. Lol.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟709,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One big thing I worry about the coronavirus is my father. He's in a very weakened state and if he catches it he's pretty much a goner. He's supposed to move to a nursing home (for physical therapy) soon, and it seems like the disease is pretty deadly there.

I mean wow what timing.. my father gets a serious disease.. and at the almost the same time a pandemic will probably start.

I will pray God protects him from such an awful virus.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟830,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A mate of mine just had a new tattoo on his back - it's of a burning church. It ain't small either.

I mean, I'm tattooed and all, but wow.

Does he say what it is supposed to represent, other than the obvious that it's a burning church?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A mate of mine just had a new tattoo on his back - it's of a burning church. It ain't small either.

I mean, I'm tattooed and all, but wow.

What? Some black metal inspired tattoo? Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I will pray God protects him from such an awful virus.

I guess they are giving him his own room for no extra charge. Might not make much of a difference but they're at least trying to give him extra protection.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not exactly 'with it' I'm a Beatles/Small Faces/60's fan, but yeah, I guess so lol.

I find it all, very very strange.

Yeah, that music scene was known for Church burnings during the early 90s, even a few murders.

Pretty much when edgy teenagers who liked edgy music started acting dark and violent for real, lol.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟286,318.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah, that music scene was known for Church burnings during the early 90s, even a few murders.

Pretty much when edgy teenagers who liked edgy music started acting dark and violent for real, lol.

It's always amazed me that - the cult mentality has the power to convert even the most sane, mild mannered individuals. This is why we've really got to start using the internet more responsibly. As it is I'm seeing women in public who have faces resembling Instagram filters. Some of them even look like evolved humans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's always amazed me that - the cult mentality has the power to convert even the most sane, mild mannered individuals. This is why we've really got to start using the internet more responsibly. As it is I'm seeing women in public who have faces resembling Instagram filters. Some of them even look like evolved humans.

Eh, I view it as a hopeless problem that cannot be fixed.

What do you mean by faces resembling Instagram filters? Not too familiar with that site.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟286,318.00
Faith
Christian
Eh, I view it as a hopeless problem that cannot be fixed.

What do you mean by faces resembling Instagram filters? Not too familiar with that site.

Yeah, you're probably right. There's little point in worrying about it.

Well these girls look like living cartoons - they seem to blur the line between reality and fantasy. I don't know whether to be awe struck or disturbed. Everything is inch perfect, with razor sharp high definition.

"An evolved human" is literally the best way to describe it. Who knows? They might well be - we're due an upgrade.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, you're probably right. There's little point in worrying about it.

Have to admit, I'm more of a popcorn guy.. who just wants to see the latest soap opera of western culture shenanigans .. lol.

Well these girls look like living cartoons - they seem to blur the line between reality and fantasy. I don't know whether to be awe struck or disturbed. Everything is inch perfect, with razor sharp high definition.

"An evolved human" is literally the best way to describe it. Who knows? They might well be - we're due an upgrade.

What more "neotenous" looking? Lol.. usually that fits with the definition of cartoony and more evolved looking.

You mean they walk around in real life like this? I know pictures can be incredibly deceiving.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟286,318.00
Faith
Christian
Have to admit, I'm more of a popcorn guy.. who just wants to see the latest soap opera of western culture shenanigans .. lol.

What more "neotenous" looking? Lol.. usually that fits with the definition of cartoony and more evolved looking.

You mean they walk around in real life like this? I know pictures can be incredibly deceiving.

Yeah, that's probably an apt description. The thing is, the pictures still enhance everything, so I can only imagine what they must look like with image filtering as well. It blows my mind just thinking about it. They already look insane from all angles.

Upvote 0