What's on your mind?

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I hear you, bud. It's brutal. ^_^ You'd better bring your evidence for your evidence. And, just in case, bring some evidence. :)

Yeah, that's it. You practically need a passport to even write a post in there.

No imagination, any of them.

• Agree
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
One thing I like about this place is that I can participate when I have time. Between other activities, of which I have many these days. Adding something like Discord or Whatsapp on top of Slack, email, text, and numerous other ways people can already get in touch with me would be a bit overwhelming. I also kind of like the idea of being in public when I don't know people well. The more private communication channels are usually reserved for my work and personal life. Which isn't to say there aren't exceptions, but this has worked for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I'm not Catholic, but I'm keen to get into to Lent this year. One of my ideas was to a pull a series of all nighters to reply to prayer and advice threads - good idea? Not a good idea? Whatever I do needs to benefit others, so I want to be utilised to my fullest. I just wonder if that's a good way to do it.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not Catholic, but I'm keen to get into to Lent this year. One of my ideas was to a pull a series of all nighters to reply to prayer and advice threads - good idea? Not a good idea? Whatever I do needs to benefit others, so I want to be utilised to my fullest. I just wonder if that's a good way to do it.

I think it's a great idea. It's kind of sad when a request for prayer or advice receives minimal replies. I have noticed that, it seems, sometimes people join just to get advice and then they don't come around again. So, it could be an opportunity to meet a significant need.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I think it's a great idea. It's kind of sad when a request for prayer or advice receives minimal replies. I have noticed that, it seems, sometimes people join just to get advice and then they don't come around again. So, it could be an opportunity to meet a significant need.

It is sad, but you hope that the people reading (at the very least) send a prayer up in their minds. (I do)

• Agree
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private

Sounds like a good idea. I also am somewhat more into Lent this year than I have been in the past.

I never reply to prayer request threads because I never know what to say. I feel awkward. It's too bad those threads don't get more traffic and replies. I could do better at that too.

Reactions: ReesePiece23
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟992,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Working on B crew tonight in the lab instead of D when I normally am. As a result during these few times i am on B in the past several months since she first joined the team, I have come to take a manner of delight in the company of a certain lady who works in the main lab just next to me, through an open doorway where we can easily see and speak with each other. Even just earlier tonight she was in my area a few times for a minute or two to operate a certain instrument, and I caught her singing softly to herself the song by Keane ("Somewhere Only We Know") as it was playing on my phone at the time. ^-^ It was cute. :blush1:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Sounds like a good idea. I also am somewhat more into Lent this year than I have been in the past.

I never reply to prayer request threads because I never know what to say. I feel awkward. It's too bad those threads don't get more traffic and replies. I could do better at that too.

Yeah, I think I'm going to do it. I'm on UK time so 6am to me would be like midnight across the pond. That should work out nicely.

I might shoot for 10pm starts? I might run on a little later than 6am if I get really involved.

Knight, don't mess around and talk to her in riddles. Get her out on the tiles, ASAP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟992,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You don't have to go post in this thread, do you? ^_^

I think it would be wise of me to actually wait a few months for further development. =) I learned by accident (to be sure I was not probing; I would find that distasteful) from her in a conversation a few weeks ago that she had recently broken up with someone. It would only be right of me to allow the dear girl some space. And not leap at the first "opportunity".

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just finished the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare campaign.. was pretty short.. pretty much beat it in one sitting.. but the story and gameplay was much better than I was expecting.

Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Been feeling sad today. Loneliness has kinda crept up a bit on me as of late. I really hate when I’m doing well and then a bad day happens. I could really use some prayer and encouragement.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,461.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Been feeling sad today. Loneliness has kinda crept up a bit on me as of late. I really hate when I’m doing well and then a bad day happens. I could really use some prayer and encouragement.

I'm really sorry you're struggling with this. :hug::hug::hug:

• Friendly
Reactions: leothelioness
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian

That's the funny thing with life - the yellow brick road looks glamorous, but the road itself is built from the bricks of disappointment, failure, sadness and anger. All we can do is get our heads down and keep laying those bricks, even when it sucks most - because the truth is, that road we build with those same bricks, is the only way to actually get to the Land of Oz...

We're all here, building that same road. You are NOT as alone as you think. Job went through it, Jesus went through it, even the happiest people who walk the planet went through it. The trick is to not give up - not ever, especially when you're just about to make it. (Which is when most people seem to throw the towel in, sadly.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
That's the funny thing with life - the yellow brick road looks glamorous, but the road itself is built from the bricks of disappointment, failure, sadness and anger. All we can do is get our heads down and keep laying those bricks, even when it sucks most - because the truth is, that road we build with those same bricks, is the only way to actually get to the Land of Oz...

We're all here, building that same road. You are NOT as alone as you think. Job went through it, Jesus went through it, even the happiest people who walk the planet went through it. The trick is to not give up - not ever, especially when you're just about to make it. (Which is when most people seem to throw the towel in, sadly.)
Thank you for that. That is so true, especially that last sentence. I’ve been guilty of that more times that I can count.

Upvote 0