Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I logged in this morning to reply to her message, and found out she disabled her profile. It's frustrating, but going to continue looking ahead and moving forward.

That is good you have this attitude. Not letting this setback embitter you against the opposite gender in general as so many single men and women seem wont to do whenever something like this happens to them.

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,443.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Many include hobbies and interests. I limit them. It doesn’t articulate how I’ll meet his needs or why I’m the best option over the next. I address the qualities and behaviors that add to his life and person.

I actually prefer it when hobbies and interests are mentioned as that gives me something to use as a conversation starter. I find it much harder to craft an opening message if there's nothing specific like that to latch onto.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recall someone mentioning how many profiles sound alike with the requisite mention of travel, walks on the beach and so on. There’s nothing wrong with that.

I think mentioning travel has other purposes, besides indicating the activities people enjoy. Travel is an indicator of social class, level of affluence, and an interest in culture.

I haven't done online dating for a while, and have no plans to return to it. But I do recall that profiles are, in my opinion, generally littered with such keywords, that are intended to resonate and identify with a very specific type of match.

That's my interpretation, but maybe I shouldn't look for a deeper meaning in everything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Usually going numb like that happens when you're in too much emotional pain to be able to process it all.

You're probably right. My anxiety attacks seemed to really contribute to this. I want to feel emotions again, but they can be so strong that the negative ones can really harm me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.