Magnolia, AR
✟994,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dropping by to see many of similarly themed threads has been... funny to be honest.
I think it's the "single freakout" that causes people to find CF, but they stay for the ...
images
You’re too cool for that!

It can easily become an obsession and dominate your thoughts. But I think balance is best. When you’re comfortable with the opposite sex its obvious. You’re good company and the conversations are nice.

But when someone is trying to fill that void their only concern is meeting the need. They don’t see you. Just your potential. I get it but I don’t want to be on the receiving end of it. ;-)

Well, don't get me wrong. I remember at least two times in which a lady visitor came here with the same single-minded purpose and basically trashed men as an entire race instead. Some guys and others girls stood up to that person, and they left. So it's as though they only came here thinking to basically make demands romantically and find their hook-up, instead of finding both Christian and non-Christian friends and fellowship, and when no one goes for that kind of nonsense, they leave in a huff. So it goes for the girls as well as the guys; if you want someone to love, at least act like you trust people of the opposing gender and don't trash all over them and act demanding like they need to meet your personal requirements or else. Would Miss @LaBèlla or Miss @RayofSun even want to be my friend - much less the potential love of my life - if I had first made my appearance in this community being all like "I have been single all my life because there are no good girls around! No one who fits my personal definition of the woman from Proverbs 31! I demand she be in my kitchen cooking up for her man and addressing me as her 'lord' like Sarah did Abraham! Gaaaaggghhhh! :mad:"
No, I doubt they would.

(Yes, I pretty distinctly remember a guy a year or so ago who strongly suggested that only a good respecting woman will call her husband "lord", using Sarah and Abraham as an example. .... Then after several pages of no one putting up with that kind of nonsense in his thread, he took the Lord's name in vain and said he was leaving. >_> )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,643.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I saw that they both read the messages, but they haven't responded. I'm assuming that they are probably not interested or they would have replied by now.

Having the feature to known when a message is read is probably worse than not having the feature. If you don't know whether somebody's read your message or not you can always tell yourself that they haven't been online or haven't got around to reading it but could still be interested in you, but if you know that they've read it then you also know that they probably aren't.

• Haha
Reactions: sea5763
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,643.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I think its rude not to respond. If I’m not interested I thank them for writing and wish them luck on their search. Blowing them off seems wrong in my mind.

I do have to own up to not replying to messages that were simply "Hi". But that's because every time I've got one of those messages it's been from someone I'm not interested in, either because they have kids, smoke, or aren't local. So that probably was rude of me, but they didn't put an effort into the message they sent me, so I didn't feel inclined to make an effort to turn them down. But that only applies to "Hi" - more than that does get a response, even if it's to say no thanks and why.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She seems quite excited to hear from me again, but I pick up she's also very shy

Why is Miss Multifavs still shy to talk after all this time? :scratch:

Heyoooooo!:zoro:

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm trying to decide whether I should include an old song, one that I composed on a Raspberry Pi, on an album I'm putting together. It's stylistically different, not to mention more repetitive, but it might work at the end as a "hidden" track.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please pray for my Uncle Louie. He is a great-uncle on my mother's side. Last time I saw him was three Mays ago in Chattanooga. Apparently his battle with Parkinson's is catching up to him combined with being over 80 now, and he is now in hospice care. :(

Upvote 0