• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

What's on your mind?

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟929,993.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I hear the two older generations say "America was Christian back then". But the older I get, the more I believe it wasn't.

I'm thinking about starting a topic in the Debate section on this...if it doesn't already exist.

Faith and society have both changed. Historically it’s probably fair to say that faith influenced society more than the reverse, but we definitely see the opposite now.

Christian faith, where it even exists, is often a watered-down mishmash of beliefs that is pretty hollow at best, or outright heretical at worst.

There’s seemingly very little conviction anymore. I think the idea of faith and Christianity are appealing to many because they get a sense of belonging, but that’s often accompanied by nonsense like universalism and other warm fuzzy feeling theology that are completely at odds with scripture.

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

GodDoesListen55

“A happy heart makes the face cheerful.” ッ
Jun 25, 2006
Delaware
✟118,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was a fan ever since she appeared on the last two seasons of Are You Afraid of the Dark, which occurred around the turn of the millennium. Of the five members of The Midnight Society on that show at the time, she and actress Elisha Cuthbert were the only two women present. But I liked Vanessa's character's stories on the show better than Elisha's overall. ^-^

Anyways, you know me; always find any excuse to bring up some lady I find cute. All you had to do was post
Jeez! How have I never heard of this girl? She's awesome!
... and there I go, without even a hint as to who you were talking about, Miss Chelsea. ^_^

Oh yeah! I know who she is now. I used to watch that show when I was young. It's all good. You made me smile, so I appreciate that!

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟226,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm going to do a bread & water fast in the time before this.
It's going okay. I still drink coffee & eat nuts & crackers. But both sparingly & have been good avoiding other foods & drinks.
I like eating a wide variety of good & delicious food, especially meat, so even what I"m doing is helping, I think.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟858,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Please say a prayer for me. Finals for my first semester is coming up next week and my friends and I are working on starting a Christian youtube channel/podcast

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟226,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was listening to Sunday School music. So good :)
Please say a prayer for me. Finals for my first semester is coming up next week and my friends and I are working on starting a Christian youtube channel/podcast

That's exciting! You'll have to share here!

We pray for Saucy & his finals. They are not always easy. We ask that he does well, & he does not stress over it & can find peace & wisdom. We know he is on the path you want him to be as your child, that it will lead him to where he can glorify you fuller.

• Friendly
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟282,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
praying

• Friendly
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟226,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good morning Riley

All: Cultivate the Fruit of the Spirit: love, peace, joy, joy, faithfulness, kindness, gentlesness, goodness, self-control.
I am trying to remind myself of these constantly. They don't always come easy for me!

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟78,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"Are You Afraid of the Dark" is on Paramount Plus! I watched it a lot during my college years. lol

I liked watching that show when I was growing up. My favorite episode was the one where the high school girl was haunted by a teenager from the 70s. The ghost was having the girl travel back in time to stop her death from happening.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟282,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I liked watching that show when I was growing up. My favorite episode was the one where the high school girl was haunted by a teenager from the 70s. The ghost was having the girl travel back in time to stop her death from happening.
I don’t think I’ve seen that episode!

Upvote 0