• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

What's on your mind?

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,055,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My favorite episode was the one where the high school girl was haunted by a teenager from the 70s. The ghost was having the girl travel back in time to stop her death from happening.

I remember that one. ^-^

Interestingly the hippie girl who took the protagonist back in time to her school lab to prevent the fatal accident kind of looked like my mother when she was that age.^_^

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟282,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Good morning Riley

All: Cultivate the Fruit of the Spirit: love, peace, joy, joy, faithfulness, kindness, gentlesness, goodness, self-control.
I am trying to remind myself of these constantly. They don't always come easy for me!
Amen

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟282,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I remember that one. ^-^

Interestingly the hippie girl who took the protagonist back in time to her school lab to prevent the fatal accident kind of looked like my mother when she was that age.^_^
Maybe I did see that one? I honestly don't remember. lol

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,055,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe I did see that one? I honestly don't remember. lol

In any event, my personal favorite episode is probably the one where a guy who kind of looks like actor Dylan Minette was to play Macduff in a school play of Macbeth in order to get closer to the girl he had a crush on (totally understandable ^_^ ), but he is stalked by an angry ghost who died generations earlier before he got a chance to play Macbeth on that same stage, so the protagonist has to convince the girl he likes - who is playing Lady Macbeth - to help him find a way to fend the ghost off, although of course she does not believe him at first. I believe it was called The Tale of the Walking Shadow.

Another favorite is The Tale of the Last Dance, where an actress I also had a crush on, Jennifer Finnigan, plays a violin prodigy who gets no appreciation from her boyfriend for her intelligence and skills, as he thinks stuff like playing an instrument is a waste of time, but a weirdo who lives in the school basement appreciates her musical abilities just a little too much, and kidnaps her during the school dance, Phantom of the Opera style. There was actually a scene in it that I found genuinely creepy as a teenager when I first saw it (this episode came out around 2000, I think, in the revived seasons of the show where the actress I described earlier to @GodDoesListen55 who I have always liked, Vanessa Lengies, was a member of the Midnight Society), where the Phantom expy who stalks the violinist girl deters one of her friends from looking for her when she disappeared from the dance by pouring red paint from the vents on her. Since it was obviously supposed to be symbolic of blood (but of course they couldn't actually say that it was, being a kids' horror show), it actually rattled me a bit. ^_^
I never saw Jennifer Finnigan in anything else to my memory, but, she was definitely a cutie, and I always thought of her when imagining my personal favorite character Jersey Heartshorn that I created for the RPGMaker game that a longtime friend and I once made, a traditional fantasy RPG titled Arc Arath, as played by a live-action actress. You may remember my bringing that up that game from time to time here in the past. ^_^

This is Jennifer:

jennifer-finnigan-1619199640-w-893.jpg.jpg

And this is Jersey:
Jersey Heartshorn Sketch 2.jpg

Every fan of Are You Afraid of the Dark seems to be in agreement that The Tale of the Dead Man's Float was among the most well-remembered and scariest in the entire history of the show, though, pretty much entirely due to the top-quality makeup effects on the villainous ghost of the episode. Kind of reminded me of the Predator, actually. :)

200w.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GodDoesListen55

“A happy heart makes the face cheerful.” ッ
Jun 25, 2006
Delaware
✟118,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In any event, my personal favorite episode are probably the one where a guy who kind of looks like actor Dylan Minette was to play Macduff in a school play of Macbeth in order to get closer to the girl he had a crush on (totally understandable ^_^ ), but he is stalked by an angry ghost who died generations earlier before he got a chance to play Macbeth on that same stage, so the protagonist has to convince the girl he likes - who is playing Lady Macbeth - to help him find a way to fend the ghost off, although of course she does not believe him at first. I believe it was called The Tale of the Walking Shadow.

Another favorite is The Tale of the Last Dance, where an actress I also had a crush on, Jennifer Finnigan, plays a violin prodigy who gets no appreciation from her boyfriend for her intelligence and skills, as he thinks stuff like playing an instrument is a waste of time, but a weirdo who lives in the school basement appreciates her musical abilities just a little too much, and kidnaps her during the school dance, Phantom of the Opera style. There was actually a scene in it that I found genuinely creepy as a teenager when I first saw it (this episode came out around 2000, I think, in the revived seasons of the show where the actress I described earlier to @GodDoesListen55 who I have always liked, Vanessa Lengies, was a member of the Midnight Society), where the Phantom expy who stalks the violinist girl deters one of her friends from looking for her when she disappeared from the dance by pouring red paint from the vents on her. Since it was obviously supposed to be symbolic of blood (but of course they couldn't actually say that it was, being a kids' horror show), it actually rattled me a bit. ^_^
I never saw Jennifer Finnigan in anything else to my memory, but, she was definitely a cutie, and I always thought of her when imagining my personal favorite character Jersey Heartshorn that I created for the RPGMaker game that a longtime friend and I once made, a traditional fantasy RPG titled Arc Arath, as played by a live-action actress. You may remember my bringing that up that game from time to time here in the past. ^_^

This is Jennifer:

View attachment 340229

And this is Jersey:View attachment 340230

Every fan of Are You Afraid of the Dark seems to be in agreement that The Tale of the Dead Man's Float was among the most well-remembered and scariest in the entire history of the show, though, pretty much entirely due to the top-quality makeup effects on the villainous ghost of the episode. Kind of reminded me of the Predator, actually. :)

View attachment 340231

She's beautiful! I can see why you like her! Thank you for the back story, too, by the way! I love learning new things! :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,055,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She's beautiful! I can see why you like her!

Cuteness and doe-eyed innocence on the face of a lady. Always immediately wins my loyalty. Just ask my last crush irl, as she would probably be a bit exasperated to admit to. :D

Upvote 0

GodDoesListen55

Jun 25, 2006
Delaware
✟118,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Cuteness and doe-eyed innocence on the face of a lady. Always immediately wins my loyalty. Just ask my last crush irl, as she would probably be a bit exasperated to admit to. :D

Well, since I know that crush is totally me, lol. Thank you; I'm so honored, hahaha. :tongueclosed:

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,039,053.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Was it that Erin woman you worked with, or someone else?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,055,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By the way, everyone,

Miss @GodDoesListen55 , Sir @RileyG , .Mikha'el, my lady knight comrades @Multifavs and @GodJesusAndChocolate , and others in this good community, if you would please pray for my mother who is going into surgery to have an entire knee replacement that she has been needing for several years now. She has always had an apprehension about these kinds of things, but this surgery in particular seems to scare her, and bad dreams about friends in her past and present life losing her to a bad accident of some sort have been plaguing her lately, maybe precisely because of her fear of something going wrong during the surgery. :(

Please pray with me that it goes perfectly without a hitch, and that she has no bad dreams tonight, the last time she'll have to rest before the operation.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟282,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
By the way, everyone,

Miss @GodDoesListen55 , Sir @RileyG , .Mikha'el, my lady knight comrades @Multifavs and @GodJesusAndChocolate , and others in this good community, if you would please pray for my mother who is going into surgery to have an entire knee replacement that she has been needing for several years now. She has always had an apprehension about these kinds of things, but this surgery in particular seems to scare her, and bad dreams about friends in her past and present life losing her to a bad accident of some sort have been plaguing her lately, maybe precisely because of her fear of something going wrong during the surgery. :(

Please pray with me that it goes perfectly without a hitch, and that she has no bad dreams tonight, the last time she'll have to rest before the operation.
praying now

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodDoesListen55

Jun 25, 2006
Delaware
✟118,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By the way, everyone,

You got it! I understand what it is like to have a parent go through surgery. My dad has been through several and actually needs a total knee replacement himself. So, I will definitely be praying. I am praying for you, your mom, and the doctors. May God bless.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,055,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On book 11 of Left Behind. This is just one of those things where I can't be satisfied in my critique of it for some reason unless I see it through to the end. Thankfully this will be the last one, as in a post here as much as two years ago when I first started looking into the books, I was griping that I had already just read the last third of book 12 just too see if the reviews I had seen about it were being fair in accusing it of brutality and sadism when Jesus appears in His second (third in the Left Behind doctrine?) coming to messily slaughter His human opponents ... and THEN send them to Hell to endlessly suffer the pain of being messily slaughtered without actually dying (because the Bible totally says that in plain words, of course *note my sarcasm*), before setting up a literal millennial kingdom on Earth for the believers. And unfortunately the critics were not exaggerating on this. I mean, I read it for myself. It is clear from not just book 12 but all of my reading so far that this is just one giant revenge fantasy for premillennial dispensationalists to indulge in, not just against unbelievers but seemingly other Christians who believe in Jesus Christ but simply do not interpret books of prophecy and Revelation the way that writers Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins personally think that they should.

I will be glad to wash my hands at the end of book 11, because it had this little nugget of Christian compassion and mercy expressed towards a character who had already taken "the mark":

He found the woman on her stomach, face buried in her arms. She was
wracked with sobs so deep and mournful he could barely stand to watch.
"I'm back, ma'am," he said quietly. "No food. I'm sorry."
"Oh, God, oh, God and Jesus, help me!"
"Ma'am," he said, reaching for her. She shrieked when he touched her, but
he pulled at the sides of her head until he could see her hollow, unseeing,
terrified eyes.
"I knew before everybody disappeared," she said piti-fully. "And then I
knew for sure. With every plague and judgment, I shook my fist in God's face.
He tried to reach me, but I had my own life. I wasn't going to be subservient to
anybody.
"But I've always been afraid of the dark, and my worst nightmare is
starving. I've changed my mind, want to take it all back...."
"But you can't."
"I can't! I can't! I waited too long!"
Rayford knew the prophecy-that people would reject God enough times
that God would harden their hearts and they wouldn't be able to choose him
even if they wanted to. But knowing it didn't mean Rayford under-stood it. And it certainly didn't mean he had to like it. He couldn't make it compute with the God he knew, the loving and merciful one who seemed to look for ways to welcome everyone into heaven, not keep them out.
Rayford stood and felt the blood rush from his head.

You know, I will at least give credit that, while Rayford - Tim LaHaye's Mary Sue - has been an arrogant jerk who clearly hates pretty young women for their daring to be sexually attractive (Hattie may have had an emotional affair with him when he was already married at the beginning of the series, but it takes two to tango, bro, and besides she acted far kinder and braver than he ever did once she gets converted in the story) for most of the series, but he does show some compassion here in trying to find a woman he thinks is forever doomed as the enemy some food to ease her burden just the slightest bit. It still would have been nice, though, if he'd shown some encouragement and hope for her as well instead of just dismissing it as a lost cause. Even if you honestly believe that Revelation truly teaches of a time when someone can take a physical symbol of antichrist worship and be irrevocably condemned, what is the harm in having hope for them when they are clearly starting to repent? What have they got to lose in doing so, hoping and praying for God's forgiveness? Would the Lord condemn that, trusting in the, you know, hope of the Gospel? Did Jesus Himself not say, "Seek and ye shall find? Knock and the door shall be opened"? I really don't see how the woman in agony from the darkness and starvation was being hard-hearted in the least, as the excerpt above was accusing her of having been.

But yeah, this and so many other bits prevailing throughout the latter eight or nine books of the 12-book Left Behind series indicate to me that yeah, the writers have no intention of espousing hope in the Gospel or Christian love with these books. Instead, it's a fantasy of having the last laugh and being able to say "I told you so!" Otherwise, they would never write a part that occurred at the end of Book 10 just now where a believer character said he actually wanted to laugh - no joke - at the suffering of the unbelievers already marked for doom around him as he made his way around them without notice as they cried in pain and fumbled about in total darkness courtesy of the most recent supposed Bowl Judgment, to tell them that this was all God's doing, at least not without there being a clear rebuke of that character for his terrible attitude.

Last edited:
Upvote 0