Jan 29, 2010
✟836,995.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you so much! I cannot accept your thanks yet. You ahve provided with some fine Lenten reading.

:clap:

God Bless

I thank all those sincerely-seeking people who took the time to read all that has been typed up on this thread - nearly all of the lecture of "What We Believe" in the Orthodox Church. I hope and pray you found it enlightening, edifying, and a refreshing perspective of true Christianity. God bless! :wave:

Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0

Franny50

franny50
May 2, 2011
NYC
✟15,801.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Dorothea.Thanks for all of this information,As a former roman catholic,I find all of this fascinating.Currently "Church shopping".Not quite sure where I fit in yet.I disagree with the infallibility of the pope and the ban on women priests,as well as the catholic churches stance on birth control.I also disagree that priests can not marry.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dorothea.Thanks for all of this information,As a former roman catholic,I find all of this fascinating.Currently "Church shopping".Not quite sure where I fit in yet.I disagree with the infallibility of the pope and the ban on women priests,as well as the catholic churches stance on birth control.I also disagree that priests can not marry.
You're welcome. I'm glad you got something out of my notes from the wonderful lecture. May God continue to guide you on your spiritual journey. :wave:

Upvote 0

Dismas

Jan 14, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
✟8,001.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have accumulated an archive of over 450 orthodox videos that are searchable. This link will show you those of Met. Kallistos Ware.

Search

You can also receive an email each day that i post a new one by subscribing to this feed

Peace,
Dismas@orthotracts.org

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you so much for all the hard work put into this thread. I enjoyed reading it alot. I am very interested in trying to find those dvds so i could watch them first hand. Again thanks so much.

You're welcome!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I will be downloading each of the 12 DVDs in the next few days. It takes a while to download them. Each video is nearly an hour to nearly two hours long, when including the Q and A sessions. Please stay tuned for the first video coming soon. :)

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
sounds awesome. it seems that these lectures would make a sweet AFR specials podcast (if they aren't there now).

just sayin

They would, Matt, but it was done in the mid 1990s by Fr. Anderson, who is back in the Byzantine Catholic Church because of the Ben Lomand mess back then in CA, but he is excellent in the video and I called him a year or so ago and told him I enjoyed his lectures. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
awesome, will definitely have to check this out

:thumbsup: Thanks, Matt. I'm going through all this work, so it's nice to know at least ONE person will be watching them. :D

Upvote 0