Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I apologize, all. My videos have been erased by BIG BROTHER Google, since it has taken over you tube. It has a 10-minute limit, and since I closed all my accounts with Google because I felt like it was controlling my life and had too much private info on me, all the videos I worked so hard on, are gone. :( It was quite sneaky. They first forced me to change my username and go through gmail account, and then, they wouldn't let me download the length of my video. They then, after I canceled my account with them, not only erased my gmail account that I wanted deleted, but also my previous, old account that I've had for the past few years with you tube. I'm really starting to see the controlling and monitoring these big corporate giants are doing. So, I no longer am using Google's stuff, except the google search engine. I need to find another search engine. I don't want any ties to Google's stuff.

Upvote 0

Mariya116

Dec 3, 2011
✟16,306.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I apologize, all. My videos have been erased by BIG BROTHER Google, since it has taken over you tube. It has a 10-minute limit, and since I closed all my accounts with Google because I felt like it was controlling my life and had too much private info on me, all the videos I worked so hard on, are gone. :( It was quite sneaky. They first forced me to change my username and go through gmail account, and then, they wouldn't let me download the length of my video. They then, after I canceled my account with them, not only erased my gmail account that I wanted deleted, but also my previous, old account that I've had for the past few years with you tube. I'm really starting to see the controlling and monitoring these big corporate giants are doing. So, I no longer am using Google's stuff, except the google search engine. I need to find another search engine. I don't want any ties to Google's stuff.
Well too late now, but why give them private info in the first place. I use Google and enjoy it a lot but there is no need to answer a question just because you're asked it... Gotta be careful with these websites.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PriestVincent

Jun 11, 2013
✟15,113.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi Dorothea,

Christ is Risen!

I tried emailing and PM'ing you, but as a new user, I'm not permitted to do this.

I've been trying to locate the video series by Fr. David Anderson, entitled "What We Believe". They are hard to come by. I was excited to find that you had posted the videos, but disappointed that Google had deleted them.

Would you be willing to sell your set? Or make me a copy (since they are no longer available)? I would like to show them to our parish this fall as part of our "Introduction to Orthodoxy" class.

Thank you.

Fr. Vincent Lehr
St. Herman's Orthodox Church
Edmonton, AB Canada

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi Dorothea,

Christ is Risen!

I tried emailing and PM'ing you, but as a new user, I'm not permitted to do this.

I've been trying to locate the video series by Fr. David Anderson, entitled "What We Believe". They are hard to come by. I was excited to find that you had posted the videos, but disappointed that Google had deleted them.

Would you be willing to sell your set? Or make me a copy (since they are no longer available)? I would like to show them to our parish this fall as part of our "Introduction to Orthodoxy" class.

Thank you.

Fr. Vincent Lehr
St. Herman's Orthodox Church
Edmonton, AB Canada

Hi, Father Vincent! Truly He is risen!

I have a copy somewhere around here. I also made copies for a couple of folks on this forum, and so, if I can't get to copying them in the next week or so because we are moving to Boston for my husband to attend Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, I'll see if I can get one of them to send you a copy. :) Welcome to TAW! :wave:

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow, typing this out was alot of work. Just finished the first two posts. Very interesting lecture. I will continue to read it. = )

Thanks, Keenan. I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

Upvote 0

PriestVincent

Jun 11, 2013
✟15,113.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Father Vincent! Truly He is risen!

I have a copy somewhere around here. I also made copies for a couple of folks on this forum, and so, if I can't get to copying them in the next week or so because we are moving to Boston for my husband to attend Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, I'll see if I can get one of them to send you a copy. :) Welcome to TAW! :wave:

Thanks Dorothea!

Let me know if you can get it, and I'll send my address. I can't email yet because I haven't made enough posts, but perhaps you could email me to the address in my profile, and I can then respond to that.

Congratulations to your husband on attending Holy Cross. May God grant you and your husband many years!

Fr. Vincent

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks Dorothea!

Let me know if you can get it, and I'll send my address. I can't email yet because I haven't made enough posts, but perhaps you could email me to the address in my profile, and I can then respond to that.

Congratulations to your husband on attending Holy Cross. May God grant you and your husband many years!

Fr. Vincent

Thanks, Father. :) I'll send you a PM or through email address in your profile when I've got it figured out. :D

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks Dorothea!

Fr. Vincent

Father, I didn't see an email on your profile, but sent you a PM yesterday. Please PM me back with your address so my friend can send you the copy!

Upvote 0

PriestVincent

Jun 11, 2013
✟15,113.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Father, I didn't see an email on your profile, but sent you a PM yesterday. Please PM me back with your address so my friend can send you the copy!

Hi Dorothea,

I tried replying to your PM, but since I don't have 15 posts, the forum won't let me reply to PM's, or to send and receive emails. I'm not even able to post my email address here.

Let's try this --
PriestVincent (at) gmail (dot) com

Email me there, and I'll send you my address right away.

Fr. Vincent

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi Dorothea,

I tried replying to your PM, but since I don't have 15 posts, the forum won't let me reply to PM's, or to send and receive emails. I'm not even able to post my email address here.

Let's try this --
PriestVincent (at) gmail (dot) com

Email me there, and I'll send you my address right away.

Fr. Vincent
Ok, will send email now!

Upvote 0
Aug 3, 2013
✟15,131.00
Faith
Christian
hello my Orthodox brothers... I am very happy and proud that I am an Orthodox Christian.

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.

2. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, the only begotten, begotten of the Father before all ages, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten not made, consubstantial with the Father, by whom all things were made.

3. Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, and became man.

4. And was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered and was buried.

5. And rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.

6. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

7. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and His kingdom will have no end.

8. And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, Life - giving who proceeds from the Father, he is worshiped and glorified with the Father and the Son, and He has spoken through the prophets.

9. In one holy universal and apostolic Church.

10. I confess one baptism for the remission of sins.

11. Look for the resurrection of the dead.

12. And life in the age to come! Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LJCTAM

Oct 3, 2013
✟18,183.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is there one recommended place to study more about Orthodoxy? I tend to admire or favor the Eastern or Greek.

A few years ago, God let me know He is real. With the scant money I had in a tremendous trial, I bought another bible which came with a CD in the back cover. On this CD it had quite a bit of Greek in it and a Strongs. I studied it for months. I was already studying Hebrew on my own at that time and struggled with Koine at first becasue I didn't care for it too much. Now, I have more of a grasp on it and love it.

I am a lonely Christian. Point blank I am (extremely) dissatisfied with my past experiences with church. I don't know what to do anymore. But, I abosolutely want to understand the Orthodox Church. So I ask, where is better to start? Should I start with Greek Orthodox and move around, is there a base Orthodoxy, or...? I don't know.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
start with the Orthodox Church closest to you. here, I would say look for OCA or Antiochian (especially Antiochian since you seem drawn to the Byzantine style) since they are the most American. any of the other jurisdictions are good, because it's all the same faith, but those it seems are the two best to start from if you can.

but check out the Church, talk to the priest afterwords, and please keep us posted on your journey!

Upvote 0

Elijah73

Oct 6, 2013
✟7,630.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hello my Orthodox brothers... I am very happy and proud that I am an Orthodox Christian.

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.

2. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, the only begotten, begotten of the Father before all ages, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten not made, consubstantial with the Father, by whom all things were made.

3. Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, and became man.

12. And life in the age to come! Amen.

George thank you for your wonderful profession of Faith! :holy:

Upvote 0