What is your reason for wanting to be, or to thinking you are, "perfect"...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟966,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It is not required to know God... Or have a personal relationship with him, or be close to him, or be his friend...

It is the ultimate "vanity of vanities" to me, and is a trap, and stems from pride, the same sin as the Devil....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟608,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Think about this, 99% of these reasons will be sin in themselves...

Comments...?

God Bless!

My religion believes in a purification process after death and prior to entering with the Lord for exactly this reason.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟966,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If you say, "cause I love God...", then I might ask "why", and you might say, "to be like him", then I would ask "why"...? to lord it over "them", or be better than others...?

Or you might say, "to make him (God) proud of me, proud of some human being..." Then I might ask "why"...? To lord it over others or to be better than them...

So, you might get a higher position in the kingdom...? "why"...? To think your better than others...?

What happens to a person when they think themselves "perfect"...? Do they not just fall into a whole new category of sin(s)...? Sin(s) they might be blind to...?

Doesn't that mean you are being deceived...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟966,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
To be "like God"...? Again, I say "why"...? To what end...? To or for what purpose do you want to personally be "like God"...?

Even if you true self actually is like God (like I think my real, true self is), then you must "deny yourself" so that you are not falling into the same kind of sin and trap as the Devil and the many "Anti-Christs" that are in the world, so that you are not in God's way by taking his place...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,069,576.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm not perfect and don't have any reason to think that I am.

But God sees me as I will be; and that's a different matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan61861

7 days without God, makes one weak.
Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How are you not perfect, yet perfect...?
I am not perfect, yet I am perfect. It is God that cleanses me. Christ has washed away all of my sins. Sin is no longer imputed to a Christian, He is born new, under Grace. "Blessed is the man that the Lord does not impute sin." "But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common." We cannot purify ourselves, God and God alone can cover us. God washes us white as snow.

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0