What is your opinion on Aliens

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Revelation also says this:
YLT CH 9
13And the sixth messenger did sound, and I heard a voice out of the four horns of the altar of gold that is before God, 14saying to the sixth messenger who had the trumpet, ‘Loose the four messengers who are bound at the great river Euphrates;’ 15and loosed were the four messengers, who have been made ready for the hour, and day, and month, and year, that they may kill the third of men; 16and the number of the forces of the horsemen [is] two myriads of myriads, and I heard the number of them. 17And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and those sitting upon them, having breastplates of fire, and jacinth, and brimstone; and the heads of the horses [are] as heads of lions, and out of their mouths proceedeth fire, and smoke, and brimstone; 18by these three were the third of men killed, from the fire, and from the smoke, and from the brimstone, that is proceeding out of their mouth, 19for their authorities are in their mouth, and in their tails, for their tails [are] like serpents, having heads, and with them they do injure;

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
If they don't exist, end of question.

If they exist, and have the ability to get to earth, their technology is way ahead of ours. They wouldn't have to watch our planet for long to know we can't be trusted. If we don't even treat each other and other earth bound life - animals, plant life, the environment - with respect, why should they think we'd treat them any better?

They'd destroy us rather than take the risk, or at least impose a quarantine.

If they were less intelligent that us, we'd exploit them, just as we do everything else.

Despite all the hopes of some that there would be life on other planets, quoting the billions of galaxies out there, the chance of finding planets in "Goldilocks" zones like ours is pretty remote.

Everything is just right - not too hot, not too cold, the sun at the right stage in its development, lots of water to keep temperatures stable, tides to keep the oceans clean, protected from cosmic rays by a magnetic field, a large moon to stabilize our rotation and stop the planet wobbling (plus it's other function of providing most of the tidal action), in a dark part of the Milky Way so that our astronomers can actually see the universe, and far enough away from the black hole in the middle to avoid all the issues it could cause, a useful fossil fuel base left behind by previous life and just lying around so industrial man could get a leg up the ladder, along with a plentiful supply of metals, and even uranium so we could have our atomic industry - all sheer coincidence of course, and not an ounce of intelligent design involved in any of it.

Garbage!

I'll believe in aliens when I meet them. Meanwhile there are two supernatural alien species who are very much aware of us - they're called angels and demons.
Fair enough

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Former USAF Dr Charles Hall has written a book of his contact with aliens assisting the USAF black budget engineers. He mentions trying to integrate his experiences with his Catholic faith.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Former USAF Dr Charles Hall has written a book of his contact with aliens assisting the USAF black budget engineers. He mentions trying to integrate his experiences with his Catholic faith.
I'll look into that thanks

Upvote 0

dl Andrews

Sep 20, 2021
Arizona
✟7,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Saw an episode on the discovery channel on them, never really given them much thought till recently. What's your opinion of them?
I don't believe UFOs are alien; at least for the most part. I can see the 'watchers' in the Word of God as the 'sons of God made by Adam and Eve 'multiplying' while in the Garden of Eden as God told them to.[They did not
bear children while in the Garden; only after their bodies were changed to have features that could cause death.] Zechariah's 'horses' in chapter six, 'walk to and fro' (whirl--see Hebrew definition of 'walk to and fro') - the black went forth toward the North, quieting God's Spirit in the North, and the white went after them (to strengthen as bricks - those who remained righteous?[Get this meaning from Strong's Hebrew definition for #H1980.) Definition for 'walk to and fro, #H1980 - haw-lak': Akin to H3212; a primitive root; to walk (in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively): - (all) along, apace, behave (self), come, (on) continually, be conversant, depart, + be eased, enter, exercise (self), + follow, forth, forward, get, go (about, abroad, along, away, forward, on, out, up and down), + greater, grow, be wont to haunt, lead, march, X more and more, move (self), needs, on, pass (away), be at the point, quite, run (along), + send, speedily, spread, still, surely, + tale-bearer, + travel (-ler), walk (abroad, on, to and fro, up and down, to places), wander, wax, [way-] faring man, X be weak, whirl. [They're talebearers because they see a wayfaring man in trouble and report to the angels; and are weak, in that they may be detained or have accidents. In Isaiah 37:12 Rabshakeh spoke to the Jews upon the wall, reminding them that his fathers had destroyed the 'children of Eden' who were detained at Telasser.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I don't believe UFOs are alien; at least for the most part. I can see the 'watchers' in the Word of God as the 'sons of God made by Adam and Eve 'multiplying' while in the Garden of Eden as God told them to.[They did not
bear children while in the Garden; only after their bodies were changed to have features that could cause death.] Zechariah's 'horses' in chapter six, 'walk to and fro' (whirl--see Hebrew definition of 'walk to and fro') - the black went forth toward the North, quieting God's Spirit in the North, and the white went after them (to strengthen as bricks - those who remained righteous?[Get this meaning from Strong's Hebrew definition for #H1980.) Definition for 'walk to and fro, #H1980 - haw-lak': Akin to H3212; a primitive root; to walk (in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively): - (all) along, apace, behave (self), come, (on) continually, be conversant, depart, + be eased, enter, exercise (self), + follow, forth, forward, get, go (about, abroad, along, away, forward, on, out, up and down), + greater, grow, be wont to haunt, lead, march, X more and more, move (self), needs, on, pass (away), be at the point, quite, run (along), + send, speedily, spread, still, surely, + tale-bearer, + travel (-ler), walk (abroad, on, to and fro, up and down, to places), wander, wax, [way-] faring man, X be weak, whirl. [They're talebearers because they see a wayfaring man in trouble and report to the angels; and are weak, in that they may be detained or have accidents. In Isaiah 37:12 Rabshakeh spoke to the Jews upon the wall, reminding them that his fathers had destroyed the 'children of Eden' who were detained at Telasser.
Where in the Bible does what you mentioned happen, I do not remember these verses

Upvote 0

Vap841

Jun 5, 2021
East Coast
✟39,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Saw an episode on the discovery channel on them, never really given them much thought till recently. What's your opinion of them?
I don’t give much thought anymore to these ideas of theoretical wormholes (if you’re only speaking of visitations), even if they exist how would feeble beings like us/aliens do going through one? Physically impossibility for a living organism to ever travel from one goldilocks planet to another is my opinion. Our technology has come so far since hundreds of years ago…but a submarine will still implode if it goes deep enough, and people are still dead if you hold their head under water for 2 minutes.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I don’t give much thought anymore to these ideas of theoretical wormholes (if you’re only speaking of visitations), even if they exist how would feeble beings like us/aliens do going through one? Physically impossibility for a living organism to ever travel from one goldilocks planet to another is my opinion. Our technology has come so far since hundreds of years ago…but a submarine will still implode if it goes deep enough, and people are still dead if you hold their head under water for 2 minutes.
There is this idea of faster than light travel. Such as 33 times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The existence of aliens is as up in the air, unverifiable and uncertain as it's been since it started with Roswell back 1947. I can remember hearing about aliens 50 years ago when my older brother tried to spook me with the Betty and Barney Hill story. It seems to me the phenomenon ran out of steam a long time ago, and all that's left are new versions of old stories. I've always had some fascination with it, but I haven't heard anything really new for at least 25 years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The existence of aliens is as up in the air, unverifiable and uncertain as it's been since it started with Roswell back 1947. I can remember hearing about aliens 50 years ago when my older brother tried to spook me with the Betty and Barney Hill story. It seems to me the phenomenon ran out of steam a long time ago, and all that's left are new versions of old stories. I've always had some fascination with it, but I haven't heard anything really new for at least 25 years.
What about former USAF Dr Charles Hall's accounts?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What about former USAF Dr Charles Hall's accounts?

I'm not familiar with it. There's lots of people with accounts, like Glenn Dennis. I'm not scoffing at them. I just haven't seen any of it really go anywhere.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

HI @SeventhFisherofMen

I guess that depends on 'who' are being referred to as 'aliens'. We certainly have millions of aliens right here in the U.S. They come from Mexico, Taiwan, South America, etc. However, as to whether I believe there are living creatures on some planet in space...that's a definite no. For me, the Scriptures declare that God made all of the heavens after He created the earth. They were set in place to declare the glory of God as man looked upon and marveled in awe at His tremendous work. As for life and living things, God seems to have done all of that work here on the earth.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
HI @SeventhFisherofMen

I guess that depends on 'who' are being referred to as 'aliens'. We certainly have millions of aliens right here in the U.S. They come from Mexico, Taiwan, South America, etc. However, as to whether I believe there are living creatures on some planet in space...that's a definite no. For me, the Scriptures declare that God made all of the heavens after He created the earth. They were set in place to declare the glory of God as man looked upon and marveled in awe at His tremendous work. As for life and living things, God seems to have done all of that work here on the earth.

God bless,
Ted
lol I hope you know by aliens I meant extraterrestrial and not the visitor from Mexico -.-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
What is the definition of the word alien in terms of extraterrestrial beings! 1)Not of the Earth 2) from outer space 3) life forms from outer space 4) not terrestrial. The word alien was first used in the 1950s to refer to beings from outer space the word extraterrestrial was first coined in the 1950s meaning being from outer space when did the word "Alien" begin referring to extraterrestrial beings?
when did the word "Alien" begin referring to extraterrestrial beings?

Hope these next comments does not anger any. So please try to understand the true meanings of the next paragraphs.
Angelic beings are not born on Earth - nor were not created of any earthly thing - nor is Earth their home.
God The Father was not born - nor is he of the the earth (the Earth may be of him) - nor is his physical kingdom on Earth or of Earth. God the Father nor the angels are earthlings. By the definition of the word extraterrestrial, the word applies to both of God the Father and the angelic beings.
Jesus came *down* and was born in a (earthly) flesh body _ Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world - by the definition of the words extraterrestrial and terrestrial both applies to Jesus - he is from heaven and was born in an earthly body.
When you read scripture of what Jesus done in both Old and New Testaments and what the Angels did in the Old Testament - they are some of the exact things that people of today say they've seen in extraterrestrial activities.
Why all this focus on aliens and extraterrestrials, a ploy/plot of Satan's. ***When the world witness Jesus coming DOWN from the clouds in the sky*** PEOPLE, BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW JESUS, WILL BE SCREAMING ALIEN INVASION and they will wage war against him - wrong move. Scripture itself tells us there is other life out there other than what's here on Earth - the angelic beings is the perfect example and they are innumerable according to Hebrews.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
What is the definition of the word alien in terms of extraterrestrial beings! 1)Not of the Earth 2) from outer space 3) life forms from outer space 4) not terrestrial. The word alien was first used in the 1950s to refer to beings from outer space the word extraterrestrial was first coined in the 1950s meaning being from outer space when did the word "Alien" begin referring to extraterrestrial beings?

Hope these next comments does not anger any. So please try to understand the true meanings of the next paragraphs.
Angelic beings are not born on Earth - nor were not created of any earthly thing - nor is Earth their home.
God The Father was not born - nor is he of the the earth (the Earth may be of him) - nor is his physical kingdom on Earth or of Earth. God the Father nor the angels are earthlings. By the definition of the word extraterrestrial, the word applies to both of God the Father and the angelic beings.
Jesus came *down* and was born in a (earthly) flesh body _ Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world - by the definition of the words extraterrestrial and terrestrial both applies to Jesus - he is from heaven and was born in an earthly body.
When you read scripture of what Jesus done in both Old and New Testaments and what the Angels did in the Old Testament - they are some of the exact things that people of today say they've seen in extraterrestrial activities.
Why all this focus on aliens and extraterrestrials, a ploy/plot of Satan's. ***When the world witness Jesus coming DOWN from the clouds in the sky*** PEOPLE, BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW JESUS, WILL BE SCREAMING ALIEN INVASION and they will wage war against him - wrong move. Scripture itself tells us there is other life out there other than what's here on Earth - the angelic beings is the perfect example and they are innumerable according to Hebrews.
Wow I never thought of it like that

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor

There is a difference between Heaven and an alien world. Heaven is home and the Earth a place was stay in temporarily. God is the origin not an alien. His appearance is the source and not foreign. Angels are also Heavenly not alien.

Space aliens are surely foreign and different to us. From planets with different gravity and atmospheric composition. Maybe different looking hominids. Some with a demonic nature and others benevolent.

Angels may not have bodies.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

We simply don't have enough information one way or the other as far as whether intelligent life exists somewhere else in the universe other than here on Earth. So the only thing anyone can say is "We don't know".

But it's a very big universe. It seems more probable to me that life does exist somewhere; it would be pretty incredible if, in fact, Earth is the only place that harbors life. For now there's simply nothing to say other than "We don't know".

Note that I also reject claims of aliens having visited us as nothing more than pure fantasy.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I've heard they are very nice. Not sure what all that probing business is about, though.

Upvote 0