What is the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, I think I know...

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well how could eating meat be the first sin? Did they eat another animal alive? Because if they killed it first then that would be the first sin.

Maybe a chicken fell in a fire and one thing led to another.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If we acquired our intelligence from the fruit then that would mean God created us as some sort of animal.

Yes exactly. That is what evolution indicates, and what archaeologists find. What I'm trying to say is that maybe both are correct, the bible and science.

For instance, Genesis is mostly Revelation from God, and not a historical account recorded by scribes. And if its revelation like Isaiah and Revelation and the like, then perhaps its metaphoric or analogous, and not literal.

But God has to be allowed to have created Adam and Eve, in the image of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well how could eating meat be the first sin? Did they eat another animal alive? Because if they killed it first then that would be the first sin.
I do think its obvious we were not supposed to eat meat in the beginning, but the one thing that always confused me is the carnivores. Carnivores claws, jaws and teeth are made to rip flesh. I just cant see a T-Rex or a great white shark nibbling on lettuce.

A bible teacher I know said that all animals ate veggies until Adam fell, then their teeth turned sharp and they started eating each other..........

Isaiah 11:6-7

6The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

Upvote 0

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And Satan was that tree of knowledge

Since Adam was not deceived he must have had knowledge alredy of good and bad . To not be deceived you would need to choose to not be deceived and to choose you need to know what is good or bad alredy .

Satan was serpent not tree.

Upvote 0

Small Fish

Matthew 16:17
Aug 9, 2017
Boksburg
✟16,065.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From what I understand and I could be wrong is that only after the flood man started to eat meat anyhow.

Genesis 9:2-4 (KJV)

2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Jesus Himself too ate meat so it could definitely not be that.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Small Fish

Aug 9, 2017
Boksburg
✟16,065.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since Adam was not deceived he must have had knowledge alredy of good and bad . To not be deceived you would need to choose to not be deceived and to choose you need to know what is good or bad alredy .

Satan was serpent not tree.
Firstly, Satan was not a serpent. Satan was a fallen angel. Genesis 3 clearly tells us that the serpent was a beast of the field.

And tell me then, referring to your statement that Satan was not a tree, what is the Tree of Life then? If it is not referring to Christ Himself the Bread of Life?

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 11:6-7

6The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
I get that one day the instinct to kill will one day be removed, but were the animals created with sharp fangs, teeth and venom before the fall? What would the purpose for that be?

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
From what I understand and I could be wrong is that only after the flood man started to eat meat anyhow.

Genesis 9:2-4 (KJV)

2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Jesus Himself too ate meat so it could definitely not be that.

Or was it was before that, because they were already offering burnt offerings on the altar:

Genesis: {8:20} And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.

• Agree
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Firstly, Satan was not a serpent. Satan was a fallen angel. Genesis 3 clearly tells us that the serpent was a beast of the field.

And tell me then, referring to your statement that Satan was not a tree, what is the Tree of Life then? If it is not referring to Christ Himself the Bread of Life?

If the serpent was a beast of the field, and beguiled Eve then that might support my idea that meat was the fuel for the knowledge of good and evil?

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lots of opinions here ....

I used to wonder when I first read Genesis about this seemingly "magical" tree that produced fruit that had the power to change the destiny of humankind. But the truth is not so magical, but more about the nature of mankind and sin and the fall.

It wasn't the fruit of the tree that really mattered. It was sin, disobedience. The fruit wasn't magic. Simply, God had given a single command, and temptation being what it is, the humans in their immaturity, gave in to temptation, and sinned.

It was the sudden knowledge of what sin was, what it was to disobey, the knowledge of transgression, the fearful knowledge that God would know, that changed them. It was this knowledge of good and evil that WAS the fall. And continues to be the fall of each person who gets old enough to understand what it means to do something wrong. (Though we are all subject to the consequences of Adam's fall ... I only mean that we each gain this knowledge ourselves.)

It is this that we will one day be rescued from, when we are finally restored to the image of God, and grown into the likeness of Christ, and temptation is no more. Glory to God!

But the fruit didn't have to be magical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Small Fish

Aug 9, 2017
Boksburg
✟16,065.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or was it was before that, because they were already offering burnt offerings on the altar:

Genesis: {8:20} And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
A burnt offering is not a barbeque. It's a sacrifice for sin. And nowhere did it say they ate it that I know of till later on. Unless you can provide some Scriptures?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Since we know Satan can enter humans like he enter Judas Iscariot at Last Supper and in Revelation he will enter in antichrist , i see no problem for him to enter into snake .

Genesis 3:24
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

I don't know what this tree is , but it had to be protected by angels and a flaming sword , i know that this can't be Christ because he has not shed his blood yet for them , he was unable to purchase them out of sin yet .

And also we don't know if they were or were not eating from tree of life before they sin . They could eat of every tree but of tree of good and evil , so they most likelly were eating of tree of life alredy .

Tree of life appears in Revelation in millenial kingdom , i think that purpose of this tree will be so people can live again near 1000 years like Adam before he died , because it's said that when somebody die 100 year old then he died due to sin and was like a child meaning 100 years will be very young age there .

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

Small Fish

Aug 9, 2017
Boksburg
✟16,065.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the serpent was a beast of the field, and beguiled Eve then that might support my idea that meat was the fuel for the knowledge of good and evil?
Nope. Scripture already tells us what it is, if you can see it.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lots of opinions here ....

I used to wonder when I first read Genesis about this seemingly "magical" tree that produced fruit that had the power to change the destiny of humankind. But the truth is not so magical, but more about the nature of mankind and sin and the fall.

It wasn't the fruit of the tree that really mattered. It was sin, disobedience. The fruit wasn't magic. Simply, God had given a single command, and temptation being what it is, the humans in their immaturity, gave in to temptation, and sinned.

It was the sudden knowledge of what sin was, what it was to disobey, the knowledge of transgression, the fearful knowledge that God would know, that changed them. It was this knowledge of good and evil that WAS the fall. And continues to be the fall of each person who gets old enough to understand what it means to do something wrong. (Though we are all subject to the consequences of Adam's fall ... I only mean that we each gain this knowledge ourselves.)

It is this that we will one day be rescued from, when we are finally restored to the image of God, and grown into the likeness of Christ, and temptation is no more. Glory to God!

But the fruit didn't have to be magical.

I agree there's lots of diversity in beliefs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Small Fish

Aug 9, 2017
Boksburg
✟16,065.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since we know Satan can enter humans like he enter Judas Iscariot at Last Support and in Revelation he will enter in antichrist , i see no problem for him to enter into snake .

Genesis 3:24
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

I don't know what this tree is , but it had to be protected by angels and a flaming sword , i know that this can't be Christ because he has not shed his blood yet for them , he was unable to purchase them out of sin yet .

And also we don't know if they were or were not eating from tree of life before they sin . They could eat of evetry tree but of tree of good and evil , so they most likelly were eating of tree of life alredy .

Tree of life appears in Revelation in millenial kingdom , i think that purpose of this tree will be so people can live again near 1000 years like Adam before he died , because it's said that when somebody die 100 year old then he died due to sin and was like a child meaning 100 years was very young age there .
I agree with you that Satan entered into the serpent. Thats what happened. Yes, and the way of the tree of life was guarded and man could not enter and partake of it anymore without the shedding of the Blood, like the Holy of Holies that patterned it. It was Christ (the Anointing or Spirit) the Tree of Life behind the veil.

In the same way the tree of Knowledge was Satan, opposing God the Tree of Life. Jesus refused him during his temptation in the desert. Satan do not have a revelation of God but he sure have a lot of knowledge of the Word but it is his own interpretation and it brings death. Seed of death brings fruits of death.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe Christ is tree of life who knows , I know in temple in millenial kingdom there are doors " I AM the Door " , menora " I AM Light of the World " , shelf with bread " I AM the bread of life " , then that little altar before Holy of Holies "intercession for us " , Ark " Sin Bearer " and finally mercy seat " he is the propitation for our sins " . So that's 6 things , i can see Jesus as tree of life outside of temple to make it 7 things why not :)

• Agree
Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Adam and Eve ate of "The fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil", but was that a metaphoric tree representing lineage of animals? I will attempt to explain and offer scientific evidence that supports that the fruit of knowledge of good and evil was meat from animals.

1) In the Bible God taught Adam and Eve to be vegan. In fact it was the same for animals too:

Genisis: {1:29} And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. {1:30} And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein [there is] life, [I have given] every green herb for meat: and it was so. {1:31} And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, [it was] very good.

2) But man didn't obey the Good, and they ate of "the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil". And then God instituted burnt offerings which were meat.

3) Which led eventually to the sacrament of Jesus the Christ and the doing away of burnt offerings. And Jesus the Christ gave out bread as his body which is made from seed, and wine for his blood which is made from fruit. He didn't give out meat.

If we are to say we are born into sin, from Adam and Eve, then what is it if not being born into a body? And what is our body if not genetically different from Adam and Eve, remember they weren't born into sin, but our bodies are.

We have recent science that suggests that meat may have changed us genetically over the years and caused us to grow in knowledge of good and evil, intelligence:

Here's a science article section:

"As a new study in Nature makes clear, not only did processing and eating meat come naturally to humans, it's entirely possible that without an early diet that included generous amounts of animal protein, we wouldn't even have become human—at least not the modern, verbal, intelligent humans we are."

It's from the article here:
Sorry Vegans: Here's How Meat-Eating Made Us Human
I don't agree, I think it's a tree, just like it says.

What do you think the tree of life is then, I don't think any of it makes sense.

Genesis chapter 3 verse 24
After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't agree, I think it's a tree, just like it says.

What do you think the tree of life is then, I don't think any of it makes sense.

After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

It was said by Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4 that the tree of life might be interpreted as Jesus the Christ.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It was said by Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4 that the tree of life might be interpreted as Jesus the Christ.
There's no sword to keep us from Jesus, just selfishness, that's what keeps most people from him.

Upvote 0