What is the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, I think I know...

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I imagine that after being in Hell for six thousand years its inhabitants will also begin to speculate wildly about their former life and how they got there. The truth will be so foreign as to not be believed.

Reactions: Instrument150
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There's no sword to keep us from Jesus, just selfishness, that's what keeps most people from him.

Technically we're not in the presence of Jesus literally, otherwise we might see the tree of life?

Rev: {22:14} Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Technically we're not in the presence of Jesus literally, otherwise we might see the tree of life?

Rev: {22:14} Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
John chapter 1 verse 1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John chapter 1 verse 14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

I don't think a sword is keeping us from the word of God.

Upvote 0

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are kept away from tree of life so we don't live in sin forever , because blood and flesh can't inherit heaven 1 Corinthians 15:50 , we must either die or be raptured and wait for glorified body then we can eat of tree of life to life forever , i would not want to live forever with my decaying body .

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
John chapter 1 verse 1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John chapter 1 verse 14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

I don't think a sword is keeping us from the word of God.

I see your point, we can have the spirit of Christ and the body of Christ. So then what is this tree of life? But then I live in a defiled body and like FaithAlone said, if I took of it I would life forever in my sin. There is this reference that might be describing living forever cursed somewhat:

Daniel: {12:1} And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since
there was a nation [even] to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. {12:2} And many of them that sleep in
the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame [and] everlasting contempt.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And Jesus the Christ gave out bread as his body which is made from seed, and wine for his blood which is made from fruit. He didn't give out meat.
He put on one heck of a fish fry on the shore of the Sea of Galilee after His resurrection.

How does that tie into this "go vegan" stuff?

By the way - if I eat enough meat can I become omniscient?:)

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is symbolic of mankind's graduation from a totally naïve animal status into full humanity as beings able to make mature informed moral decisions.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe wholeheartedly that the tree of knowledge of good and evil, was simply disobedience to יהוה's (the Father's) word. It's leaning on our own understanding, and not listening to Him.

Think about it. They were in paradise. They could eat from all things and live forever with Him. The ONLY thing they couldn't do - the ONLY thing that would cause them to die, was them getting the ability to "discern" between right and wrong on their own, aside from יהוה. And to do this - to get this ability, they had to disobey Him. This directly showed a lack of faith in יהוה, and instead faith in Satan, and themselves. Thinking that they could attain to the righteousness of יהוה, by discerning the difference between right and wrong for themselves.

The instruction and word of יהוה, is life. To stray from that, is death. That's why we have His Torah ("instruction" is technically what that word means in english). People confuse it with the law, but it's instruction. His instructions alone can't justify us, because we will always fall short. But that's (as shown throughout scripture) not the important part. The important part is faith in His word, not faith in ourselves.

Plus, there's two trees. The tree of life, יהוה is trying to get you to eat from, while Satan is trying to get you to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. What is the Father trying to get us to do? Avoid sin. What is Satan trying to get us to do? Sin. What is biblically described as sin? Transgressing His instructions, his Torah. Adam had the spirit of יהוה and so did Eve, so it was something that was written on their hearts, and they knew that which they weren't able to do. יהוה never changes though, and I believe all of the children of Elohim knew of the instructions of the torah before Moses wrote it down for the children of Israel. Otherwise, Cain and Abel wouldn't of had sacrifices - Genesis 4:3, Elohim wouldn't of killed animals to cloth their shame - Genesis 3:21. Cain wouldn't of had יהוה talk to him about sin lying at his door - Genesis 4:7 - because the bible only describes sin as the transgression of the Torah. Noah wouldn't of known about clean and unclean animals - Genesis 7:2 - and Abraham wouldn't of known about the laws (or instructions rather), let alone followed them - Genesis 26:4-5. Matter of fact, the fact that Abraham trusted in Elohim (Father, Son, and Spirit) was the only reason he was accepted as righteous. But, his trust, translated in his actions in that, he followed the Torah, or what we today call the law. That's why Yeshua said Matthew 15:8, because saying you trust in a bridge is one thing. But to actually walk across it is another.

Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Adam and Eve ate of "The fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil", but was that a metaphoric tree representing lineage of animals? I will attempt to explain and offer scientific evidence that supports that the fruit of knowledge of good and evil was meat from animals.

1) In the Bible God taught Adam and Eve to be vegan. In fact it was the same for animals too:

Genisis: {1:29} And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. {1:30} And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein [there is] life, [I have given] every green herb for meat: and it was so. {1:31} And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, [it was] very good.

2) But man didn't obey the Good, and they ate of "the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil". And then God instituted burnt offerings which were meat.

3) Which led eventually to the sacrament of Jesus the Christ and the doing away of burnt offerings. And Jesus the Christ gave out bread as his body which is made from seed, and wine for his blood which is made from fruit. He didn't give out meat.

If we are to say we are born into sin, from Adam and Eve, then what is it if not being born into a body? And what is our body if not genetically different from Adam and Eve, remember they weren't born into sin, but our bodies are.

We have recent science that suggests that meat may have changed us genetically over the years and caused us to grow in knowledge of good and evil, intelligence:

Here's a science article section:

"As a new study in Nature makes clear, not only did processing and eating meat come naturally to humans, it's entirely possible that without an early diet that included generous amounts of animal protein, we wouldn't even have become human—at least not the modern, verbal, intelligent humans we are."

It's from the article here:
Sorry Vegans: Here's How Meat-Eating Made Us Human

I think that if the "fruit of the knowledge of good and evil" is something that you eat, this is a very believable concept. It has my approval

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Adam and Eve ate of "The fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil", but was that a metaphoric tree representing lineage of animals? I will attempt to explain and offer scientific evidence that supports that the fruit of knowledge of good and evil was meat from animals.

1) In the Bible God taught Adam and Eve to be vegan. In fact it was the same for animals too:

Genisis: {1:29} And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. {1:30} And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein [there is] life, [I have given] every green herb for meat: and it was so. {1:31} And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, [it was] very good.

2) But man didn't obey the Good, and they ate of "the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil". And then God instituted burnt offerings which were meat.

3) Which led eventually to the sacrament of Jesus the Christ and the doing away of burnt offerings. And Jesus the Christ gave out bread as his body which is made from seed, and wine for his blood which is made from fruit. He didn't give out meat.

If we are to say we are born into sin, from Adam and Eve, then what is it if not being born into a body? And what is our body if not genetically different from Adam and Eve, remember they weren't born into sin, but our bodies are.

We have recent science that suggests that meat may have changed us genetically over the years and caused us to grow in knowledge of good and evil, intelligence:

"As a new study in Nature makes clear, not only did processing and eating meat come naturally to humans, it's entirely possible that without an early diet that included generous amounts of animal protein, we wouldn't even have become human—at least not the modern, verbal, intelligent humans we are."

What ever the fruit was, the eating of it caused us to come into the knowledge of good and evil rather than simply trusting in our relationship with God.
The irony here is that whenever we concern ourselves with our religious ideas of good and evil apart from our relationship with Him we continue on in the same fine tradition of our forefather Adam.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
He put on one heck of a fish fry on the shore of the Sea of Galilee after His resurrection.

How does that tie into this "go vegan" stuff?

By the way - if I eat enough meat can I become omniscient?:)

The fish fry concept was covered in Revelation, at some point meat is done away with, supporting Christ giving out bread and wine:

Rev: {22:1} And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. {22:2} In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, [was there] the tree of life, which bare twelve [manner] of fruits, [and] yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree [were] for the healing of the nations.

Can you become omniscient? No, but you would look like gods to cavemen at this point from history :)

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I believe wholeheartedly that the tree of knowledge of good and evil, was simply disobedience to יהוה's (the Father's) word. It's leaning on our own understanding, and not listening to Him.

Think about it. They were in paradise. They could eat from all things and live forever with Him. The ONLY thing they couldn't do - the ONLY thing that would cause them to die, was them getting the ability to "discern" between right and wrong on their own, aside from יהוה. And to do this - to get this ability, they had to disobey Him. This directly showed a lack of faith in יהוה, and instead faith in Satan, and themselves. Thinking that they could attain to the righteousness of יהוה, by discerning the difference between right and wrong for themselves.

The instruction and word of יהוה, is life. To stray from that, is death. That's why we have His Torah ("instruction" is technically what that word means in english). People confuse it with the law, but it's instruction. His instructions alone can't justify us, because we will always fall short. But that's (as shown throughout scripture) not the important part. The important part is faith in His word, not faith in ourselves.

Plus, there's two trees. The tree of life, יהוה is trying to get you to eat from, while Satan is trying to get you to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. What is the Father trying to get us to do? Avoid sin. What is Satan trying to get us to do? Sin. What is biblically described as sin? Transgressing His instructions, his Torah. Adam had the spirit of יהוה and so did Eve, so it was something that was written on their hearts, and they knew that which they weren't able to do. יהוה never changes though, and I believe all of the children of Elohim knew of the instructions of the torah before Moses wrote it down for the children of Israel. Otherwise, Cain and Abel wouldn't of had sacrifices - Genesis 4:3, Elohim wouldn't of killed animals to cloth their shame - Genesis 3:21. Cain wouldn't of had יהוה talk to him about sin lying at his door - Genesis 4:7 - because the bible only describes sin as the transgression of the Torah. Noah wouldn't of known about clean and unclean animals - Genesis 7:2 - and Abraham wouldn't of known about the laws (or instructions rather), let alone followed them - Genesis 26:4-5. Matter of fact, the fact that Abraham trusted in Elohim (Father, Son, and Spirit) was the only reason he was accepted as righteous. But, his trust, translated in his actions in that, he followed the Torah, or what we today call the law. That's why Yeshua said Matthew 15:8, because saying you trust in a bridge is one thing. But to actually walk across it is another.

I understand your point of view, I would also like to point out that the Bible doesn't say God killed animals in making coats of skins.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand your point of view, I would also like to point out that the Bible doesn't say God killed animals in making coats of skins.
upload_2017-8-19_20-49-46.jpeg

Eve struts her stuff in this snazzy little faux leather number after being kicked out of the garden.​

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
View attachment 205508
Eve struts her stuff in this snazzy little faux leather number after being kicked out of the garden.​

Eve has the right to be stylus and put away the fig leave:) I stand corrected the Bible does say God kills and makes alive. That appears to separate God as it also points out there's no other god beside him. He does something we're commanded not to do, maybe that's like the fruit of knowledge of good and evil?

Dueteronomy: {32:39} See now that I, [even] I, [am] he, and [there is] no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither [is there any] that can deliver out of my hand. {32:40} For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

Exodus: {20:13} Thou shalt not kill.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Eve has the right to be stylus and put away the fig leave:) I stand corrected the Bible does say God kills and makes alive. That appears to separate God as it also points out there's no other god beside him. He does something we're commanded not to do, maybe that's like the fruit of knowledge of good and evil?

Dueteronomy: {32:39} See now that I, [even] I, [am] he, and [there is] no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither [is there any] that can deliver out of my hand. {32:40} For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.
Yes, It should be Him alone who has the knowledge of good and evil He alone is the sovereign God of creation.
We were created to live a Jesus of Nazareth did. He did nothing and said nothing that did not come from the Father.
We were created in His image and in our innocent trust we were to be his light upon the earth. When we sought to know these things, by taking what was forbidden to us, we took control of our own destiny and brought death to the created order that was in His relationship with us.

• Agree
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, It should be Him alone who has the knowledge of good and evil He alone is the sovereign God of creation.
We were created to live a Jesus of Nazareth did. He did nothing and said nothing that did not come from the Father.
We were created in His image and in our innocent trust we were to be his light upon the earth. When we sought to know these things, by taking what was forbidden to us, we took control of our own destiny and brought death to the created order that was in His relationship with us.

Yes when we don't obey God's commandments we end up miserable and alone. And even dying, on this earth or after it? I was wondering if the punishment is death for us, then perhaps it was death that was dished out:

Rev {13:10} He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

And as pointed out it was a flaming sword that blocked the tree of life? And they were cast out, then did they kill something living and cast it out? To receive that punishment?

And there's something serpent belly I'm having trouble with, relating serpent to cattle which were used in burnt offerings:

Genesis: {3:14} And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

So then did the serpent have legs before the incident? The serpents genetics changed or something?

There were everlasting (in this life) curses for Adam, Eve and the serpent. And then there's Cain who received a mark or something for killing Abel so that men didn't find him and kill him. A lot of changes to man and serpent going on back then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Is it similar to something else...?

Or is symbolic or metaphorical of something else...?

• Friendly
Upvote 0