Not open for further replies.

Jesus My Wisdom

Mar 28, 2004
✟569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Calvinist Dark Lord said:
Only in your imagination.

And if somebody else reaches a conclusion different from your conclusion based on their common sense reading of the passage you are then on the horns of a dilemma. Perhaps you should include a course in basic hermeneutics in your studies. If you did, you'd know how typically novice your statement appears.

You think so do you? Perhaps I am very educated in these matters. Do I still need a course from you?

Now ask yourself my friend, where did these "authors" (Biblical commentators) get their notions? Other authors? Or did they just get their ideas straight out of the text of Scripture itself. Interesting dilemma that creates for you.

i don't think so. CC Woody started the thread, and i notice that you're awful shy about attempting to answer HIS questions, prefering to toy with other posters, much like i'm toying with you at present.

I never noticed. Perhaps it is because I got here well after this thread was started? I will have to check. And perhaps I will just have to go back and see what he said and address them for you. Will that meet with your approval?

No, i like to play with my prey before finishing it off.

I really enjoy the fact that you said that.

Oh Joy! That long-ago-refuted nonsense. You don't think that we've heard that one a few times? Well, this will no doubt get amusing.

You already have enough information to form my answer. All you need do is read the exchange with common sense.

You know what? You have not answered one question I have posed here. You just banter about. It is SUCH an easy question that I wonder you want to avoid it.

WHEN we you first found to be in Christ?

You shouldn't be afraid to answer.

JMW

Upvote 0

Jesus My Wisdom

Mar 28, 2004
✟569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
i don't think so. CC Woody started the thread, and i notice that you're awful shy about attempting to answer HIS questions, prefering to toy with other posters, much like i'm toying with you at present.

No, I checked. You are wrong again. I did respond to his initial post. he failed to try and rebutt. perhaps you would like to try.

JMW

Upvote 0

Calvinist Dark Lord

Apr 8, 2003
Near Pittsburgh, which is NOT in Scotland!
✟27,806.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus My Wisdom said:
You think so do you? Perhaps I am very educated in these matters. Do I still need a course from you?
Really? Most truly educated people i've met on this forum found no need to boast of it or allude to it. i don't think i could be much help to you in your course work as you believe that you have all the answers. Not an academic problem, rather an attitude problem. i don't do social work.

Jesus My Wisdom said:
Now ask yourself my friend, where did these "authors" (Biblical commentators) get their notions? Other authors? Or did they just get their ideas straight out of the text of Scripture itself. Interesting dilemma that creates for you.
Limited alternative falacy: You're just full of logical inconsistency aren't you? Seeing as how the authors you may or may not be citing arrive at your position (or so you claim), it's hardly MY dilemma.

Jesus My Wisdom said:
I never noticed. Perhaps it is because I got here well after this thread was started? I will have to check. And perhaps I will just have to go back and see what he said and address them for you. Will that meet with your approval?
i see that you already did so in the subsequent post. i'm curious as to how a repetition of the "standard party line" constitutes rebuttal.

Jesus My Wisdom said:
I really enjoy the fact that you said that.
Glad it amuses you, no charge.

Jesus My Wisdom said:
You know what? You have not answered one question I have posed here. You just banter about. It is SUCH an easy question that I wonder you want to avoid it.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
Proverbs 26:4-5 KJV

Jesus My Wisdom said:
WHEN we you first found to be in Christ?

You shouldn't be afraid to answer.

JMW
Fear now is it? You seem to be good as ascribing motives to non answers.

Upvote 0

Jesus My Wisdom

Mar 28, 2004
✟569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Really? Most truly educated people i've met on this forum found no need to boast of it or allude to it. i don't think i could be much help to you in your course work as you believe that you have all the answers. Not an academic problem, rather an attitude problem. i don't do social work.

Limited alternative falacy: You're just full of logical inconsistency aren't you? Seeing as how the authors you may or may not be citing arrive at your position (or so you claim), it's hardly MY dilemma.

i see that you already did so in the subsequent post. i'm curious as to how a repetition of the "standard party line" constitutes rebuttal.

Glad it amuses you, no charge.

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
Proverbs 26:4-5 KJV

Fear now is it? You seem to be good as ascribing motives to non answers.

Did you get a warning for your rudeness? I doubt it.

It is obvious that you can't come up with the goods.

JMW​

Upvote 0

Calvinist Dark Lord

Apr 8, 2003
✟27,806.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus My Wisdom said:
Did you get a warning for your rudeness? I doubt it.
In order of asking:
  1. NO
  2. One man's rudeness is another man's truth. If the shoe fits Cinderella...

Jesus My Wisdom said:
It is obvious that you can't come up with the goods.

JMW
The only thing "obvious" is that you are incapable of recognising truth. So do you want to actually discuss the issues, or are you merely content to belittle and assume your "superiority" to the amusement of the rest of us?

Upvote 0

Jesus My Wisdom

Mar 28, 2004
✟569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In order of asking:
  1. NO
  2. One man's rudeness is another man's truth. If the shoe fits Cinderella...

The only thing "obvious" is that you are incapable of recognising truth. So do you want to actually discuss the issues, or are you merely content to belittle and assume your "superiority" to the amusement of the rest of us?

Boy you sure work hard to avoid answering the questions.

Let's try again for the nth time.

Simple question.

WHEN were YOU first IN Christ?

Easy question.

JMW

Upvote 0

Calvinist Dark Lord

Apr 8, 2003
✟27,806.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus My Wisdom said:
Boy you sure work hard to avoid answering the questions.

Let's try again for the nth time.

Simple question.

WHEN were YOU first IN Christ?

Easy question.

JMW
Loose the attitude and i might be willing to discuss it with you.

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reminder to all: Before this thread heads further south, please be reminded of the forum rules before posting any further. This is an unofficial warning to those participating in this thread. Violations will be given and/or the thread closed if the discussion cannot be brought back to a civil, respectable level.

Thank you for your cooperation.

[noflame][notroll]

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.