What is the Antichrist known as in the Bible?

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Jn.2:18 is the only place in the Bible where the term Antichrist is found. But he is referred to by a number of different terms as recorded below, and where to find them:

1. He is the "little horn" in Dan.7:8;

2. He is known as a "stern faced king, in Dan.8:23.

3. He is all three of the "he's" in Dan.9:27.

4. In 2 Thess.2:3, he is referred to as "the man of lawlessness."

5. In 2 Thess.2:8-9, he is referred to as the "lawless one."

6. In Rev.11:7; 17:3, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 16 and 17, he is called the beast.

7. In Rev.13:1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, he is called the beast out of the Sea.

The beast out of the earth in Rev.13:11-17 is the False Prophet and the activity he is involved in:

11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name"

When Jesus returns in His second coming with His armies from heaven, He will defeat both beasts, the Antichrist and the False Prophet, Throw them in the lake of fire, and destroy the armies of the ten horns/nations allied to them, recorded in Rev.19:11-21.

Quasar92

P.S. The above listings is about one and the same person, a human being, as described in Rev.13:18: "This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666."

The beast out of the earth, in Rev.13:11, is the False Prophet, another human being, who is not listed that way anywhere else in the Bible.

Last edited:

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1 Jn.2:18 is the only place in the Bible where the term Antichrist is found. But he is referred to by a number of different terms as recorded below, and where to find them:

The beast out of the earth in Rev.13:11-17 is the False Prophet and the activity he is involved in:

11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name"

When Jesus returns in His second coming with His armies from heaven, He will defeat both beasts, the Antichrist and the False Prophet, Throw them in the lake of fire, and destroy the armies of the ten horns/nations allied to them, recorded in Rev.19:11-21.

Quasar92
Hi Q, welcome to this site, if I haven't said it before.

If you want to be correct, I would suggest referring to the individual as "the person" instead of the Antichrist. "the person" is the Antichrist only for the time he is the King of Israel (Illegimate) instead of Jesus the rightful king. the person is no longer the Antichrist when he has become "the beast".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You say "the anti-Christ" that John refers to is the same person being referred to as "the man of lawlessness", "the lawless one", "the beast", "the little horn" and "the stern faced king" in other scriptures.

Can you prove any of that?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 Jn.2:18 is the only place in the Bible where the term Antichrist is found.

Actually, the term antichrist is found in 4 places, but all 4 are in 1 & 2 John.
It is found nowhere else:

1 John 2:18
[ Deceptions of the Last Hour ] Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

2 John 1:7
[ Beware of Antichrist Deceivers ] For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

But he is referred to by a number of different terms as recorded below, and where to find them:
Where does scripture teach this?

Where does scripture teach that any of these individuals are properly, Biblically, indentified as the "antichrist" found in 1 & 2 John?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Q, welcome to this site, if I haven't said it before.

If you want to be correct, I would suggest referring to the individual as "the person" instead of the Antichrist. "the person" is the Antichrist only for the time he is the King of Israel (Illegimate) instead of Jesus the rightful king. the person is no longer the Antichrist when he has become "the beast".

Thank you for your kind welcome, Douggg. It is my firm belief, the identification of the Antichrist, is correct and well defined in the OP and easy for others to learn and to know who and where the one person, who will be the one and only Antichrist, Satan will give his throne, power and great authority to as recorded in Rev.13:1-3.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your kind welcome, Douggg. It is my firm belief, the identification of the Antichrist, is correct and well defined in the OP and easy for others to learn and to know who and where the one person, who will be the one and only Antichrist, Satan will give his throne, power and great authority to as recorded in Rev.13:1-3.

Quasar92
Q, I agree with your list (with the exception of the false prophet being the person). The correctness of the list is not an issue with me, but that you are referring to the person as the Antichrist throughout.

The problem of universally referring to the person as the Antichrist takes away from what the Antichrist actually is.

For comparison, it is like being the President of United States. A person is the President of the United States for only while he is in that office. If he gets impeached for some act, he is no longer the President of the United States.

The Antichrist will cease to be the Antichrist when he betrays his people and the covenant they made with God; and the Jews consequently reject him as continuing as their King.

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Q, I agree with your list (with the exception of the false prophet being the person). The correctness of the list is not an issue with me, but that you are referring to the person as the Antichrist throughout.

The problem of universally referring to the person as the Antichrist takes away from what the Antichrist actually is.

For comparison, it is like being the President of United States. A person is the President of the United States for only while he is in that office. If he gets impeached for some act, he is no longer the President of the United States.

The Antichrist will cease to be the Antichrist when he betrays his people and the covenant they made with God; and the Jews consequently reject him as continuing as their King.

I'm perfectly content with what I posted, Douggg, and do not agree with some of your interpretations of it.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm perfectly content with what I posted, Douggg, and do not agree with some of your interpretations of it.
Quasar92
Do you agree with this...?

Mark 15:32
Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

Anti-Christ.... the Anti King of Israel.

Have you heard of Anti-Popes as a comparison of the principle?

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gabriel has actually revealed where the antichrist will come from.

Daniel 9:26 and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary........
27"And HE will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations ...

The people of the prince = the Roman, so the Prince to come (in the end times) shall be of the Roman origin.

and HE = the prince (antichrist) will make a 7 year peace deal between Israel-Arab, which is actually to split the nation as two state "solution" but in the mid of the week (3.5 years) he will do the abominations.

May jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You say "the anti-Christ" that John refers to is the same person being referred to as "the man of lawlessness", "the lawless one", "the beast", "the little horn" and "the stern faced king" in other scriptures.

My 40 years of study in eschatology alone, together with my association with Drs. Thomas Ice, Dwight Pentecost, John Walvoord, Arno Froesa, Harold Wilmington and Moishe Rosen have revealed to me the Scriptural facts the OP listings of who and where to find the one and only person/Antichrist, Satan is going to give his throne, power and great authority to is, as recorded in Rev.13:1-3. Such is not learned in 5 or 10 minutes.

Quasar92

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My 40 years of study in eschatology alone, together with my association with Drs. Thomas Ice, Dwight Pentecost, John Walvoord, Arno Froesa, Harold Wilmington and Moishe Rosen have revealed to me the Scriptural facts
Quasar92

Well, when you kick off your OP with this demonstrable falsehood:
1 Jn.2:18 is the only place in the Bible where the term Antichrist is found.
I'm thinking you were robbed of whatever investment you put into those 40 years and association with those folks...

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, when you kick off your OP with this demonstrable falsehood:

I'm thinking you were robbed of whatever investment you put into those 40 years and association with those folks...

I'm grief stricken! What an egg I laid for not saying, "the letters of 1,2,3 John are the only place the term Antichrist is found in the Bible."

Do you have anything else to say, genius?

Quasar92

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm grief stricken! What an egg I laid for not saying, "the letters of 1,2,3 John are the only place the term Antichrist is found in the Bible."

As I said before, it's actually only found in 1 & 2 John... are you sure you know what you are talking about?

You are all over the map on this.

When you're in an 0-2 hole, You might want to stop digging.

Do you have anything else to say, genius?

I've Already said it in my as yet un-addressed verse by verse challenge to your OP.

Scripture does not teach what you are claiming.
If it did, you'd be able to show us where.

If I were you, Whatever you paid to obtain your "qualifications" to teach eschatology, I'd ask for my money back.
It's clear to me that you were swindled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

That's what eschatology endeavors to do.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Wouldn't it be better just to say what about these passages and then list them ? Than personalizing it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As I said before, it's actually only found in 1 & 2 John... are you sure you know what you are talking about?

You are all over the map on this.

When you're in an 0-2 hole, You might want to stop digging.

I've Already said it in my as yet un-addressed verse by verse challenge to your OP.

Scripture does not teach what you are claiming.
If it did, you'd be able to show us where.

If I were you, Whatever you paid to obtain your "qualifications" to teach eschatology, I'd ask for my money back.
It's clear to me that you were swindled.
I can see this exchange is heading the wrong direction.....:angel:

• Haha
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wouldn't it be better just to say what about these passages and then list them ? Than personalizing it.

I already did above in my very first post in this thread... thusfar it's been ignored by the OP... And speaking of personalizing, instead of addressing that list of passages, His only response to me has been to facetiously ask "Do you have anything else to say, Genius".... But I'm certain you were just about to admonish him for getting personal too, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's what eschatology endeavors to do.

Well, Dispensational Futurist eschatology anyway... and it does a very poor job.
If scripture taught any of what the OP claims, someone would be able to point to chapter and verse where it does.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I already did above in my very first post int eh thread... thusfar it's been ignored... And speaking of personalizing, instead of addressing that list of passages, His only response to me has been to facetiously call me "Genius"....
.... that wasn't the right thing to do either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I wonder why Y'SHUA said what HE said about HIS FATHER revealing the truth of salvation, everything concerning salvation in this life, and in the world to come,
to babes ......

I wonder with great thanksgiving and awe at YHWH'S AMAZING GRACE !

When HIS WORD says there are many antichrists among us,
I simply believed it, and have never regretted believing HIS WORD.

Upvote 0