What is the “one baptism” mentioned in Ephesians 4:5? (I have an answer, but I would like input).

What is the one baptism mentioned in Ephesians 4:5?

• Total voters

JMV

Apr 10, 2021
Helsinki
✟18,331.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We should all be thankful that our Lord is longsuffering, patient, kind, merciful, forgiving us so freely and lovingly. So that when we stand before Him on that Great and Awesome Day when every person must give account, and the false prophets are brought before Him in their shame, even there they may not be turned aside lest they try to boast, "Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name?!" For on that Day no appeal to one's own righteousness will matter, for none stands righteous before the Law when the Books are opened. It is only the Lamb's Book of Life, whereby Christ our Lord having suffered and died and risen again shall bring us through judgment to life.

So, false prophet, what say you. On that day shall you kneel before the Great Lord, Jesus Christ, who rules all things by the word of His command, as a humble and penitent servant, like the Publican who beat his chest and rent his garment confessing that he was a sinner. Or shall you be like the Pharisee and brag before the Holy of Holies of your own holiness.

Will you repent of your false prophesying, and teaching the doctrines of demons to tickle the ears of those too young in the faith to know better? It is written that it would be better for those who would lead children astray to have a stone tied around their neck and thrown into the sea than to face God on the coming Day.

I implore you to repentance, that your faith not be shipwrecked and you find yourself dashed against the rocks. But instead to repent, humble yourself before Christ, and be restored to Christ in faith--abandon your reckless delusions and return to faith.

-CryptoLutheran

You mention grace, in this you have spoken well O daughter of the church called mother, yet remember this if indeed His Spirit dwells in you..

Thus says The Lord: "For those who preach grace in place of The Law do not know Me, neither do I dwell in them. For this is that same wall, which they have built in an attempt to bar the way of those who preach The Law, that they might avoid all accountability and keep their freedom... Freedom to sin by permission IN MY NAME, whereby they have also made ME the author of sin! For they forsake The Moral Law of The Father, by permission in MY name, profaning My name, having altogether polluted that which I have offered them, having never received of Me nor known Me at all. Thus that which they have built up as a hedge against The Law has become their prison, says The Lord.
Never underestimate the schemes of the adversary, My sons. For you are indeed saved by Grace, and were condemned because of your transgression under The Law. In this you have spoken well, and progress quickly toward perfection. And so I have spoken by My servant, Timothy, even in all these Letters, that your faith might be brought to its completion.
Therefore, hear and understand: Salvation can in no wise depart from you, once received. Therefore, seek to please The Father AND keep The Law. For how can one, who walks in Me by grace, also walk in that which had condemned them? Shall My people reach toward Heaven with their hands, while their feet continue to tread the wide path which leads to destruction? And how shall one who loves Me take My hand and walk beside Me, with one foot on the good ground and the other in the grave? Therefore, knowledge must increase and sin decrease, to enter The Kingdom of Heaven. For one who is under grace bears fruit of the same, and The One who kept The Law of The Father revealed that grace by works.

Beloved sons, I am in The Father and He is in Me, and We are in you. And if I am in you, seek to please The Father in the same way I did. For if you seek to follow Me in truth, bearing your cross after Me, fearing not its weight but rather embracing it, you will surely become that example for which you are called.

So then, grace is first and everlasting...

Then comes works, the first works done in faith,
Even the firstfruits bore in your lives...

Which is to love The Father and one another,
By keeping The Law, says The Lord."

Do you agree? Why this judging? When the mouth of the living God has spoken to this generation, isn't it a cause for celebration?

"Thus says The Lord: Be wary of all these men in authority who dwell in the churches of men, be wary and vigilant. For they hold tightly to singleness of doctrine, teaching always that which is built upon the corrupt knowledge and understanding of men, men who refuse to let go of that which was passed down to them by their forefathers, by which they also remain blind. Therefore do not judge according to human standards,[5] nor by that which is put forth by men as doctrine, for they are greatly misled. Rather study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.[6] For discernment with fear is righteousness.
Beloved ones, embrace the wisdom and knowledge of God, break free from all these corrupt doctrines and filthy traditions held in such high regard. For I ask you, if you dispense the food of God to the hungry, while using your own salt to salt that which has salt in itself, will not the food you offer lose its flavor and become bitter in the mouths of those who came looking to be fed?
I tell you the truth, many will there be in My Kingdom who received no baptism by water. Rather they had been fully immersed in The Word of God, enveloped in The Son’s sacrifice and love, baptized in the Spirit of Truth. For most assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. Therefore, do not cast stumbling blocks before the feet of those who love Me. Be one in Messiah, according to that which dwells inwardly in the heart. For true fellowship comes not by words spoken amongst a group of united people, nor by immersion in water. Rather it starts with the heart, and is found in the stillness of My spirit, where My peace mends the broken and My gentle caress gladdens the heart. For all those found at the feet of The Lord are covered with grace, and those who abide in My love are indeed of one accord.
Beloved, where in The Commandments have I written all must be baptized by men to be saved?"

I ask you too, where in the commandments is it written? That is by water. And if this wasn't the cause for your post, why do you judge me, calling me a false prophet? Indeed if i am His servant, you're not arguing with me..

"Thus says The Lord to all those who reject My words and persecute My messengers, and then have the gall to call themselves My servants: You have gone out of the way, thinking you stand! YOU DO NOT STAND! For you have stood against Me, rejecting My Word which I have spoken through My prophet! THIS IS NOT TO STAND! Thus you shall be brought very low; you shall not be gathered, neither will I hear your pleas. For you have forsaken Me in favor of your own way! YOU HAVE SURELY BETRAYED THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD! Behold, in open and in secret, you slander My name and pervert My way before Me!
Sons and daughters of men, did you think I would stay silent?! My prophets speak, My watchmen blow the trumpet, and My servants prepare My way before Me. Yet you cover your ears and hide your faces, saying within yourselves, “I already hear and will not heed any trumpet, other than that which I have made or was put in my hand by man and not God. For I alone am righteous, and these with me know God’s will, and WE shall teach others. And we will by no means listen to these sent. We shall stone them in word and by deed, and cast ALL their cords from us, saying, ‘You shall no more speak in The Lord’s name!’”
Yet I ask you, WHO have you reproached and blasphemed?! Against WHOM have you raised your voice and haughtily lifted up your eyes?! IT IS I, EVEN I, THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL AGAINST WHOM YOU SPEAK! Therefore it is fulfilled, and shall come to pass: Many who call of themselves Christian shall come forth in the day of their humiliation, saying, “Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonderful works in Your name?” And I will declare to them, “I never knew you.” For if you truly knew Me, and I lived in you, then you would recognize those I send and the Word given them. Yet you forbear, resting always upon beds of false doctrine, the doctrines of men! Therefore you shall not be gathered, for I do not see of Myself in you.
And though you speak My words instant in and out of season, you open your mouths in vain. For you do always add to and take away from My words, in an effort to uphold your own way. Know you not, that which is of God has salt in itself and in no wise needs seasoning?

Therefore get wisdom, get understanding, and repent!...

Do not forget, nor turn away from the
Words of My mouth, but heed the sound
Of this Trumpet, that you may escape
All these things which I am about to do...

Forbear, and you shall surely endure refinement
In the Day of The Lord, and only by great
Tribulation shall you come into glory."

I do rejoice in persecution and being slandered in His name, called false prophet for YAHUSHUA-YAHUWAH! And how i wish you shall come into glory! Into the first harvest, if not i pray after tribulation. Yet i don't call myself a prophet, i call myself a servant to both God and man.

What is a true prophet then?

"It is written: There is no prophecy apart from My will, and without My voice there can be no prophesying. And without My spirit, no man may hear, nor shall he behold a vision, nor is he able to understand. Thus he is only a prophet in that self-same moment in which I speak to him and cause him to hear, prophesying only as long as I cause him to speak or to write My words. I AM THE LORD.

Beloved ones, all My sheep hear My voice. Yet each receives in proportion to their faith and in accordance with My will and purpose. For a willing, humble heart is open to Me, and one who is deeply in love with Me will hear My voice. Yet this is not equal, nor shall every servant hear My voice in the same way.
For a prophet hears My voice, while another is moved deep within, while still others may only discern My leading, and this also is according to My will and purpose. Yet do not be at all surprised by this. For the Scriptures testify to the same, and I will surely do according to the counsel of My own will. And that which I do has a perfect work within the hearts of My beloved, coming to fruition in those who remain in My love, those meet for The Master’s use.

Hear and understand: I have spoken to My prophets throughout the generations (for I change not), and each was given that which was required to accomplish My will among the people.

Therefore rejoice, My sons and daughters!
For The Most High has come down to you;
And behold, I have caused My servants to hear,
To receive wisdom by the power of My own spirit...

Lo, by the Word of My mouth shall
My beloved be blessed, the prideful humbled
And the haughty abased...

For the Word of The Lord never returns void...

Says The Lord.

Yet understand this also: That which I commanded be written in a book was named according to the one who received it, so all may know to whom I have spoken, lest any lay claim to My words as though they were their own, polluting them, bringing upon themselves quick judgment and great recompense. And so it is to this day; I speak to whomever I choose, and it is noted that this is the one to whom I have spoken - Let not another lay claim!
Beloved ones, human power is of no use at all. You are but vessels for My glory. And when one departs from this wisdom and falls away, My Word also grows quiet as My hand is removed. And I shall surely humble them, according to the length of time I dictate as needful. Yet if one turns and does not cease from fighting against Me, the very same shall have their name stricken from My Book. I AM THE LORD."

Each one receives in proportion of their faith, and it isn't their own Word! Embrace this correction, yet if you choose to remain in the breast of the harlot clothed in purple and scarlet i say it again: i pray that i may embrace you after tribulation! Lest i also is left for refinement. With all of this being said i shall now continue my search for my brothers and sisters.. And remember, there is but One Judge..

Thus says the Lord:

"There is one Judge,[1] to whom God has committed all authority, and One only - The Son of Man.[2]
It is written: Whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the Judgment.[3] For those who hold onto anger retain malice, and are filled with hate; they shall in no wise escape the Day of The Lord. For it is written also, and remains standing: If someone says, “I love God,” yet hates his brother, he is a liar[4] and shall be found as such on the Day of Reckoning. Therefore he who seeks to cast a stone at another, let him first cast it at himself.

Thus says The Lord: Sin is sin. All sin is sin. All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God[5]. Shall then sin judge sin? No. Only The One who is without sin shall be your judge; and behold, He is also The Son of Man.[6] Yet you continue to pass judgment on others by the likes of what you know to be true of yourselves, accounting to them those same sins for which you are also guilty. Thus you do greatly err.

Therefore repent, and seek now The Way of The Lord;
For God is love, and His Mercy endures forever...

Therefore come to Me,
Come to Me in spirit and in truth,
And strive to love others as I have loved you...

For where there is an absence of love,
You will find only pain and suffering,
Hate, and ever-increasing sin;
And when it is finished, death...

Says The Lord."

Attachments

• VolumesofTruth.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 12
  • TheLordrebuke.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 6
  • WordsToLiveBy.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • LettersToTheLordLittleFlock.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You mention grace, in this you have spoken well O daughter of the church called mother, yet remember this if indeed His Spirit dwells in you..

Thus says The Lord:

Nope, nope He didn't.

"Thus says The Lord:

Nope, He didn't.

"Thus says The Lord to

Still nope.

"It is written:

It's not. That's not written anywhere.

Thus says the Lord:

Still nope.

Thus says The Lord:

And still nope.

Says The Lord."

Nope. He didn't.

You are culpable for your own words, and as a false prophet you will have to answer for your false speech.

It would be better that you repent now, in order that when you stand before Christ our God on the Last Day that this will not stand and accuse you on that Day.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟167,399.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe that the church and all the theologians have missed this somehow for the last 2000 years?
They have missed a lot of things over the centuries. But Jesus and Paul understood the true baptism into Christ and it is spoken of all through scripture.

There are many doctrines that were no understood all through history. The Roman Catholics got many of them wrong for a long time and still have many of them wrong. And even the Jewish believers in Paul’s day were mixed up about the law and circumcision (Acts 14,21 ,Galatians etc. )

Can you imagine how some Jews would have been troubled by what Paul said about circumcision and the law. They may have said similar to Paul and something like you asked, they might have asked, “Paul, are you saying that fir thousands of years we have done things a certain way with the law and circumcision and now they are changed? And to be done away? (Hen 8)I you think you are right and all those men wrong?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They have missed a lot of things over the centuries. But Jesus and Paul understood the true baptism into Christ and it is spoken of all through scripture.

There are many doctrines that were no understood all through history. The Roman Catholics got many Of them wrong fir a long time and still have many of them wrong. And even the Jewish believers in Paul’s day were mixed up about the law and circumcision (Acts 14,21 ,Galatians etc. )

Can you imagine how some Jews would have been troubled by what Paul said about circumcision and the law. They may have said similar to Paul and something like you asked, they might have asked, “Paul, are you saying that fir thousands of years we have done things a certain way with the law and circumcision and now they are changed? And to be done away? (Hen 8)I you think you are right and all those men wrong?
I do not have to imagine anything, it is there clearly in Scripture, I also do not have to make up any new previously undiscovered Theology.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟167,399.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not have to imagine anything, it is there clearly in Scripture, I also do not have to make up any new previously undiscovered Theology.
Almost all groups today snd in the past who have doctrines that are not accurate will say it is clear in scripture. But Jesus said that those who do his will will know the doctrine, it is a spiritual understanding where the scriptures are opene to those in the spirit. Jesus opened the scriptures to the two on the road after his resurrection.showing them things that were not seen before frim scripture even though they had read scripture.

But if we use your thinking here that because some doctrines are not as clearly understood by most that the majority must be right. Then we would have to question Jesus abs Paul and others who taught things that the Jews didn’t see yet, and that the majority did not see, or the reformers like Wycliffe or Luther who seemed to go against the majority of tradition .

But the true spiritual and saving baptism is seen and spoken of in scripture abs these things were seen by some men of the past such as some reformers and others from the scripture that were previously not seen.

it is interesting that when the scriptures finally were given out to the people and not restricted to the priest etc many started to see things that had been not clearly understood before including the spiritual baptism into Christ. There were those even back in the 1600 that wrote about the physical water baptism not being needed for believers in the New covenant. They based it all on scripture that was now available to all.

But even if we had few that saw a truth we see that Jesus and Paul and others spoke of the end of the old diverse washings and the end of Johns water baptism for a new baptism.

Acts 1:5. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.”

Notice that John baptised (past tense) with water, “but ye shall be” (future tense).

1 Corinthians 1:16. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.17. For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.”

showing a transition from the old to the new and that Christ sent Paul not to baptize. Notice we cannot add the word “Christ sent me primarily not to baptize.

Paul also said, in the sane letter, what the saving gospel was that saves, 1 Corinthians 15:1-5, and notice that he does not add water baptism to the gospel. He also spoke in the same letter of all being baptised into Christ in a spiritual way into the body of Christ 1 cir 12:13.

Therefore we read in scripture of a transition of the Jews in Acts from the old to the new covenant. But this was slowly fading away, waxing old, ready to vanish and it took time for them. We see at that time Jewish believers still going into the temple offering animal sacrifice circumcising under the law etc and many Jewish traditions and customs for a long time in Acts. Even though they were believers. And we see clearly that the old covenant was done away no more sacrifices needed or many other things. But that was not seen by many.

Hebrews 8:13. In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

And we read in scripture

Hebrews 9:9. Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;10. Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.”

there is a lot of scripture for what is being taught here. And others have seen these things in past.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Almost all groups today snd in the past who have doctrines that are not accurate will say it is clear in scripture. But Jesus said that those who do his will will know the doctrine, it is a spiritual understanding where the scriptures are opene to those in the spirit. Jesus opened the scriptures to the two on the road after his resurrection.showing them things that were not seen before frim scripture even though they had read scripture.

But if we use your thinking here that because some doctrines are not as clearly understood by most that the majority must be right. Then we would have to question Jesus abs Paul and others who taught things that the Jews didn’t see yet, and that the majority did not see, or the reformers like Wycliffe or Luther who seemed to go against the majority of tradition .

But the true spiritual and saving baptism is seen and spoken of in scripture abs these things were seen by some men of the past such as some reformers and others from the scripture that were previously not seen.

it is interesting that when the scriptures finally were given out to the people and not restricted to the priest etc many started to see things that had been not clearly understood before including the spiritual baptism into Christ. There were those even back in the 1600 that wrote about the physical water baptism not being needed for believers in the New covenant. They based it all on scripture that was now available to all.

But even if we had few that saw a truth we see that Jesus and Paul and others spoke of the end of the old diverse washings and the end of Johns water baptism for a new baptism.

Acts 1:5. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.”

Notice that John baptised (past tense) with water, “but ye shall be” (future tense).

1 Corinthians 1:16. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.17. For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.”

showing a transition from the old to the new and that Christ sent Paul not to baptize. Notice we cannot add the word “Christ sent me primarily not to baptize.

Paul also said, in the sane letter, what the saving gospel was that saves, 1 Corinthians 15:1-5, and notice that he does not add water baptism to the gospel. He also spoke in the same letter of all being baptised into Christ in a spiritual way into the body of Christ 1 cir 12:13.

Therefore we read in scripture of a transition of the Jews in Acts from the old to the new covenant. But this was slowly fading away, waxing old, ready to vanish and it took time for them. We see at that time Jewish believers still going into the temple offering animal sacrifice circumcising under the law etc and many Jewish traditions and customs for a long time in Acts. Even though they were believers. And we see clearly that the old covenant was done away no more sacrifices needed or many other things. But that was not seen by many.

Hebrews 8:13. In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

And we read in scripture

Hebrews 9:9. Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;10. Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.”

there is a lot of scripture for what is being taught here. And others have seen these things in past.
Those people who write bible commentaries spend years getting an education and learning from experience, those who think they can bypass all that work and have the Holy Spirit do all the work are simply fooling themselves. But if you want to test that theory get 5 people who believe as you do, that the Holy Spirit is all that is necessary to understand the bible and one verse of scripture ask each person to define the verse without talking to each other, Do you know how many different answers you will get, do you know what the odds are that any one of those answers is correct?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those people who write bible commentaries spend years getting an education and learning from experience, those who think they can bypass all that work and have the Holy Spirit do all the work are simply fooling themselves.

Please take no offense, but I am against Bible schools for several reasons according to the Bible. Please consider my following points by way of prayer before you dismiss what I am about to say.

#1. God's Word talks about how His Word is free.

"Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price." (Isaiah 55:1).

True men of God will not charge you as a part of teaching His Word. Collections of money was only needed so as to further the gospel and giving is totally voluntary out of one's heart (See 2 Corinthians 9:7). Bible colleges are trying to imitate the world (secular colleges) and this is wrong. They are placing you into debt and that is not a loving thing to do to your neighbor (Yet, Jesus says it is more blessed to give than to receive). In the Bible, the early church met in each others homes and they studied the Word of God together. There was no need to get any fancy degrees on paper, etc.; And they certainly did not charge each other large amounts of money to gain any teachings from God's Word.​

#2. We can be taught God's Word by the Holy Ghost and not men.

1 John 2:27 says, "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."​

#3. Study to show yourself approved unto God.

2 Timothy 2:15 says, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." We are to study to show ourselves approved unto God. Letting others do all the study for you and then force feeding you is a violation of this verse. You need to study the Bible on your own by the leading of the Spirit and prayer and not in the wisdom of men.​

#4. Bible schools will indoctrinate you to a certain false way of thinking.

They think you will not be able to just read your Bible in the English and believe it. They think that the only way you can understand your Bible is by doing a study in the original languages. While original language studies can be helpful sometimes, they should not conflict with a normal reading of the Bible in English (KJB) and they should not be the primary way we read, study, and understand the Bible because these languages are no longer in existence. Doing keyword studies can be helpful, but they have their place and time when we run into a word within a verse that we are not sure about. We should not attempt to re-write God's Word in what it says already in the English. No scholar in the past thousand years has actually grown up in Bible times to know what that language says. God inspired men to preserve His words in our language that we have today. Jesus said, "Beware of the scribes." The scribes are those who TRAN-scribed the Law or the Scriptures. The scribe of our day is the scholar. So we are to beware of the scholars. For they seek to change God's Word or make you not trust the Word of God in what it plainly says in your own language.​

#5. Some Christians have stopped believing in God because of Bible college.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But if you want to test that theory get 5 people who believe as you do, that the Holy Spirit is all that is necessary to understand the bible and one verse of scripture ask each person to define the verse without talking to each other, Do you know how many different answers you will get, do you know what the odds are that any one of those answers is correct?

As for this last part of what you said:

I believe we are living in the last days as per 2 Timothy 3:1-9. So finding genuine believers who do not justify sin and or wrong doing is rare to find these days (and thus as a result, they do not have correct undertanding of God's Word because they speak against the words of Jesus and the doctrine of godliness - See: 1 Timothy 6:3-4). Also, each believer grows at different rates and in their own timing. Things I used to believe I don't believe anymore because it took time in study of God's Word and much prayer (2 Timothy 2:15 KJB). Check out this CF thread here:

What theological things were you mistaken about in your growing knowledge of God's Word?

So we cannot assume everyone is up to the same speed of learning and if they are for truly obeying the Lord according to His Word. In addition, not all believers hold to one Word of God today (the KJB). They think there are errors in the Bible, and thus as a result they become the arbiters of truth whereby they get decide what is the Word of God and what is not the Word of God, when in reality they should let the Word of God correct or change them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As for this last part of what you said:

I believe we are living in the last days as per 2 Timothy 3:1-9. So finding genuine believers who do not justify sin and or wrong doing is rare to find these days (and thus as a result, they do not have correct undertanding of God's Word because they speak against the words of Jesus and the doctrine of godliness - See: 1 Timothy 6:3-4). Also, each believer grows at different rates and in their own timing. Things I used to believe I don't believe anymore because it took time in study of God's Word and much prayer (2 Timothy 2:15 KJB). Check out this CF thread here:

What theological things were you mistaken about in your growing knowledge of God's Word?

So we cannot assume everyone is up to the same speed of learning and if they are for truly obeying the Lord according to His Word. In addition, not all believers hold to one Word of God today (the KJB). They think there are errors in the Bible, and thus as a result they become the arbiters of truth whereby they get decide what is the Word of God and what is not the Word of God, when in reality they should let the Word of God correct or change them.
Do you think that the Holy Spirit would be inconsistent in disclosing the meaning of the word? If everyone is relying on the Holy Spirit and not getting the same answers from the Holy Spirit then there is a serious problem and I do not think it is with the Holy Spirit.

• Agree
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please take no offense, but I am against Bible schools for several reasons according to the Bible. Please consider my following points by way of prayer before you dismiss what I am about to say.

#1. God's Word talks about how His Word is free.

"Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price." (Isaiah 55:1).

True men of God will not charge you as a part of teaching His Word. Collections of money was only needed so as to further the gospel and giving is totally voluntary out of one's heart (See 2 Corinthians 9:7). Bible colleges are trying to imitate the world (secular colleges) and this is wrong. They are placing you into debt and that is not a loving thing to do to your neighbor (Yet, Jesus says it is more blessed to give than to receive). In the Bible, the early church met in each others homes and they studied the Word of God together. There was no need to get any fancy degrees on paper, etc.; And they certainly did not charge each other large amounts of money to gain any teachings from God's Word.​

#2. We can be taught God's Word by the Holy Ghost and not men.

1 John 2:27 says, "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."​

#3. Study to show yourself approved unto God.

2 Timothy 2:15 says, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." We are to study to show ourselves approved unto God. Letting others do all the study for you and then force feeding you is a violation of this verse. You need to study the Bible on your own by the leading of the Spirit and prayer and not in the wisdom of men.​

#4. Bible schools will indoctrinate you to a certain false way of thinking.

They think you will not be able to just read your Bible in the English and believe it. They think that the only way you can understand your Bible is by doing a study in the original languages. While original language studies can be helpful sometimes, they should not conflict with a normal reading of the Bible in English (KJB) and they should not be the primary way we read, study, and understand the Bible because these languages are no longer in existence. Doing keyword studies can be helpful, but they have their place and time when we run into a word within a verse that we are not sure about. We should not attempt to re-write God's Word in what it says already in the English. No scholar in the past thousand years has actually grown up in Bible times to know what that language says. God inspired men to preserve His words in our language that we have today. Jesus said, "Beware of the scribes." The scribes are those who TRAN-scribed the Law or the Scriptures. The scribe of our day is the scholar. So we are to beware of the scholars. For they seek to change God's Word or make you not trust the Word of God in what it plainly says in your own language.​

#5. Some Christians have stopped believing in God because of Bible college.

Unless you are an expert in languages, history, social customs and theology, I would strongly suggest that you rely on those who are. The correct meaning of any verse is the meaning it had at the time it was written to the people it was written for. Knowing requires education.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think that the Holy Spirit would be inconsistent in disclosing the meaning of the word? If everyone is relying on the Holy Spirit and not getting the same answers from the Holy Spirit then there is a serious problem and I do not think it is with the Holy Spirit.

Indeed. It seems obvious there are those who don't/can't differentiate between the Holy Spirit and their own subjectivity. I'd say that applies especially to those who believe they have a special anointing that few if any others have been given in the last 2000 years.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Unless you are an expert in languages, history, social customs and theology, I would strongly suggest that you rely on those who are. The correct meaning of any verse is the meaning it had at the time it was written to the people it was written for. Knowing requires education.

Then how exactly do you believe these verses below?

“I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.” (Psalms 119:99).

“But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.” (1 John 2:27).

Where in the Bible do you see that God requires us to learn a more ancient language that the receiver of God's Word does not know?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Think about what the higher ups in colleges do. They glory in each other with ther degrees. Doctor so and so. They have a nice plaque or framed piece of paper on the wall. Some folks will not even go to a church unless a Pastor has a degree from a Bible school. They think a piece of paper is how they learn God's Word as their seal of approval from God. However....

“For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;” (1 Corinthians 3:19-21).

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then how exactly do you believe these verses below?

“I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.” (Psalms 119:99).

“But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.” (1 John 2:27).

Where in the Bible do you see that God requires us to learn a more ancient language that the receiver of God's Word does not know?

Study Guide for Psalm 119 by David Guzik

a. You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies: The Psalmist had many enemies, some of them evil and some proud. Perhaps the proud ones boasted that they were wiser or more educated than the writer of the Psalm. Yet the writer was confident that God's word had given him greater wisdom.

i. In these verses, we see that the Psalmist is wiser and has more understanding than his enemies (Psalm 119:98), his teachers (Psalm 119:99), and the ancients (Psalm 119:100). "The comparison is not a prideful assertion of superiority, but a form of exultation in the Lord himself, whose wisdom is more direct and superior." (VanGemeren)

1 John 2:27 1 John 2:27 - Meaning and Commentary on Bible Verse

But the anointing which ye have received of him
The Spirit, and the grace of the Spirit, which they had received out of the fulness of grace which is in Christ; and is compared to oil or ointment; (See Gill on 1 John 2:20); for Christ, the anointed, is the fountain of it all, and it is had from him in a way of giving and receiving. So the second "Sephira", or number in the Jews' Cabalistic tree, which is wisdom, has for one of its surnames, the fountain of the oil of unction F9 this

abideth in you;
the Syriac and Arabic versions render it, "if it abideth", which spoils the text, for the words are not conditional, but affirmative: grace is an internal thing, it is oil in the vessel of the heart, and where it once is, it abides; as does every grace of the Spirit, as faith, hope, love, and every other: grace can never be taken away; God will not take it away, where he has once bestowed it, and men and devils cannot; it can never be lost as to the principle and being of it; it is an incorruptible seed, and a living principle, which can never be destroyed, notwithstanding all the corruptions in a man's hart, the pollutions of the world, and the temptations of Satan:

and ye need not that any man teach you;
not that they were perfect in knowledge, for no man is absolutely, only comparatively so, in this life; or that they needed not, and were above and exempt from the instructions of Christ's faithful servants; for John himself taught them, and to teach and instruct them was the end of his writing this epistle to them; but the sense is either that they needed not the teachings of these men before mentioned, the antichrists, liars, and seducers, being better taught, and having an unction by which they knew all things; or they needed not to be taught as if they were babes in Christ, as unskilful in the word of righteousness, but so as to increase in spiritual knowledge, and go on to perfection, and be established in the present truths, at least so as to be put in remembrance of them; or rather they needed not, nor were they to regard any mere human revelation and doctrine, for the whole Gospel was come by Jesus Christ, and no other is to be expected or received by men, nor any doctrine but what is according to the revelation of Christ; wherefore saints under the Gospel dispensation are taught of God by his Spirit, according to the word of truth, and by the ministry of it, and have no need of learning every man from his neighbour, or from his brother, any separate revelation; so that this passage does not militate against the external ministry of the Gospel, or human teachings according to that perfect rule and declaration of the whole mind and will of God by Christ under the Gospel dispensation:

but as the same anointing.
The Vulgate Latin and Arabic versions read, "his anointing"; that is, God's or Christ's; and so the Syriac version renders it, "that unction which is of God"; meaning the same as before: the Ethiopic version renders it, his Spirit, which, though not a true version, is no improper or impertinent sense of the phrase: and this

teacheth you of all things;
truths and doctrines necessary to salvation, as in ( 1 John 2:20 ) ;

and is truth, and is no lie;
or true and not a liar; which is a just character of the spirit of truth, in opposition to the spirit of error; and holds good of the grace of the Spirit, which is truth in the inward parts, and is genuine and sincere:

and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him;
in Christ, from whom they received this anointing, (See Gill on 1 John 2:24); or in the anointing itself, in the grace of the Spirit, in which they stood. Some versions read in the imperative, abide in him, or it, as in ( 1 John 2:28 ) .

Your question: Where in the Bible do you see that God requires us to learn a more ancient language that the receiver of God's Word does not know?

These two articles will explain much:

Understanding Differences in Bible Translations

https://cdn.desiringgod.org/pdf/booklets/BTBX.pdf

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Think about what the higher ups in colleges do. They glory in each other with ther degrees. Doctor so and so. They have a nice plaque or framed piece of paper on the wall. Some folks will not even go to a church unless a Pastor has a degree from a Bible school. They think a piece of paper is how they learn God's Word as their seal of approval from God. However....

“For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;” (1 Corinthians 3:19-21).
And the other side of that coin. There is no requirement for a pastor to know anything at all, anyone can start a church and be a pastor. I have talked to pastors who teach false doctrine every day and have no idea that they are putting false ideas in the minds of their flock. I hear things like it is clear as the nose on your face, its says right in black and white, and then they quote something totally out of context that has nothing to do with the point they are trying to support and which the true original meaning of the Scripture is not even close to relating to what they think it means. If someone is going to hold themselves out as a teacher they need to first learn the subject they are trying to teach. I am not saying that a pastor needs to have a Ph.D. Many good pastors are self thought but they know how to use the tools, and do the hours of research to help them to get the true meaning of the word and they take their responsibility to teach the truth and to pastor their flock very seriously. I highly respect and admire their dedication, they do a very good job and take very good care of their flock. Regardless of how one elects to get educated the fact remains that you can not teach what you have not learned.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And the other side of that coin. There is no requirement for a pastor to know anything at all, anyone can start a church and be a pastor. I have talked to pastors who teach false doctrine every day and have no idea that they are putting false ideas in the minds of their flock. I hear things like it is clear as the nose on your face, its says right in black and white, and then they quote something totally out of context that has nothing to do with the point they are trying to support and which the true original meaning of the Scripture is not even close to relating to what they think it means. If someone is going to hold themselves out as a teacher they need to first learn the subject they are trying to teach. I am not saying that a pastor needs to have a Ph.D. Many good pastors are self thought but they know how to use the tools, and do the hours of research to help them to get the true meaning of the word and they take their responsibility to teach the truth and to pastor their flock very seriously. I highly respect and admire their dedication, they do a very good job and take very good care of their flock. Regardless of how one elects to get educated the fact remains that you can not teach what you have not learned.

Please take no offense, but I see your approach is still wrong on how to learn the Word of God. Thus there is no proper understanding on certain topics or things that are written in black and white and involving the context. For example: Most churches today do not accept the words of Jesus, and or the doctrine according to godliness (Which is a big problem according to the apostle Paul - see: 1 Timothy 6:3-4). Most churches believe in a sin and still be saved type view of salvation on some level. They do not see any warnings on sin within the New Testament as applying to them. This kind of deception can only happen if there is a false learning system in place like how a person can only understand the Bible properly if they study the original languages instead of just being simple like the poor guy who is rich in faith (See: James 2:5). They think certain words in the English (KJB) can be wrong and they conflict with the original languages. But where in the Bible does it teach us that we must learn a more ancient language in order to understand God's Word? Where does the Bible teach that we must look to popular scholars and accept their words as truth? This is not to say that other believers cannot teach us things, but the popular scholars of our day (Bible Commentaries) do not always get everything correct or right, and they held to beliefs that are extremely false. For example: There are bible commentators (like: Gill) who are Calvinist. I will not listen to that man because Calvinism is about as silly as a flat Earth belief. Nowhere in Scripture is such a concept even remotely taught in Scripture (Except a surface reading of Romans 9 taken out of context).

For if there is no nailed down Word of God to trust in our own language. The Word of God cannot be trusted and it can altered by playing games with dead languages that we do not truly know. So when a verse is presented, it can mean something else entirely. Thus, whole swafs of Scripture can be rejected out of hand.

Also, bible college is an unnecessary financial burden and potential landmine to the faith that a believer should not have to go through if they study themselves approved unto God according to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJB (Which is altered in Modern Translations), and they believe that they can have the anointing to teach them all things in 1 John 2:27, and they believe that a genuine follower of God can know more than all the vast majority of teachers out there (See: Psalms 119:99). But today, many are not accepting these verses. It's either because they have no foundation in the communicated Word (i.e. the KJB) and or it is because they have no foundation in the goodness of Christ (the Living Word) in that the Lord taught how sin can destroy our souls and we need to repent and put away grievous or serious sins (mortal sin) out of our lives. For sin can cloud men's way of thinking on what the Bible says (See: 1 John 3:4, and 1 Timothy 6:3-4). For in the Parable of the Sower (Matthew 13:18-23), we learn that the “seed” is the Communicated Word of God (like the words of Scripture) (Luke 8:11), and the “sower” is the Son of Man (Jesus) (Matthew 13:37). We learn that some believed for a while and fell away (See: Luke 8:13). I would see this as not only falling away exactly from the faith entirely and or Jesus, but I see this as falling away from believing the communicated Word of God in certain places. For whatever verse or passage we do not believe, that verse or passage is not going to remain on the inside of us and the enemy will take that verse or passage out of our hearts before we can believe in it. This is why it is hard for many to see what the Bible says plainly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Also, bible college is an unnecessary financial burden and potential landmine to the faith that a believer should not have to go through if they study themselves approved unto God according to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJB (Which is altered in Modern Translations), and they believe that they can have the anointing to teach them all things in 1 John 2:27, and they believe that a genuine follower of God can know more than all the vast majority of teachers out there (See: Psalms 119:99).

Nevermind. Just realized it's not worth it to try and point something out to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To all:

Some may never see what I am trying to show them with God's Word.
But it is my hope that many here are not past feeling (in this life) as Ephesians 4:19 talks about. Anyways, not all bibles say the same thing, and many do not understand the goodness of our Lord. Therefore, there are three major camps of thinking. There is the...

#1. All bibles have errors of some kind, and so the reader must determine what is the Word of God and what is not the Word of God by being an expert on dead languages (that nobody can possibly really know unless they had a time machine).
#2. The Bible is the final Word of authority (the KJB) and God kept His promise in preserving His Word as per Psalms 12:6-7 and they are pure words. There is no need to correct what the Bible says but the reader will want to let the Bible correct them instead of the other way around. They let the words of Jesus correct them instead of living to popular preachers and teachers nowadays (following what is morally good and right and not that which is evil).
#3. Some may appear to accept the KJB as the final Word of authority, but they have yet to accept the goodness of the Living Word (Jesus) in that He told us to repent and to put away grievous or mortal sin out of our lives and if we don't, we will perish and or be condemned with unbelievers.​

In short, some may accept the Living Word (Jesus), and His goodness, but then they do not accept a final Word of authority on all matters of doctrine (KJB). Meaning, they are against OSAS, and they are against justifyin sin while they can be saved. Then there are those who appear to accept the Communicated Word as their final Word of authority (the KJB), but they do not accept the words of Jesus in regards to repentance and how sin can destroy even a believer's soul in the Lake of Fire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
To all:

Some may never see what I am trying to show them with God's Word.
Not all bibles say the same thing. There are also three major camps of thinking. There is the...

#1. All bibles have errors of some kind way of thinking and so the reader must determine what is the Word of God and what is not the Word of God by being an expert on dead languages (that nobody can possibly really know unless they had a time machine).
#2. The Bible is the final Word of authority (the KJB) and God kept His promise in preserving His Word as per Psalms 12:6-7 and they are pure words. There is no need to correct what the Bible says but the reader will want to let the Bible correct them instead of the other way around. They let the words of Jesus correct them instead of living to popular preachers and teachers nowadays.
#3. Some may appear to accept the KJB as the final Word of authority, but they have yet to accept the goodness of the Living Word (Jesus) in that He told us to repent and to put away grievous or mortal sin out of our lives and if we don't, we will perish and or be condemned with unbelievers.

Sheesh!

• Agree
Upvote 0