What is the “one baptism” mentioned in Ephesians 4:5? (I have an answer, but I would like input).

What is the one baptism mentioned in Ephesians 4:5?

• Total voters

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The baptism by fire and Spirit baptism are the same thing, and means you were forever changed by that baptism sometime during your lifetime here, etc. Water baptism is a symbol of that, and is one's public declaration of the spirit/fire baptism that they are now publicly declaring, or are now fully ready to let be made known to everybody fully, as you are no longer afraid to tell everyone the truth about your whole entire born-again testimony now already, etc. And the public declaration is also now declaring that you are also now fully willing/ready/able to do that now honestly, since you also now fully know about it all now already, etc.

Full immersion symbolizes it best, as your declaration is that it almost overwhelmed you, or almost took you under/killed you, ort almost totally destroyed/drowned you, etc,in etc, etc, and that is also now a part of your testimony, etc.

You were born again by the firey trials and/or ordeals that you went through, most of which were all your own stupid fault due to your own past stupidity. But also that also God was a huge part of that, and still had a big huge hand in getting you fully out of that fully, and this now a big huge part of your born again testimony, etc, or of how you became a believer/Christian now up to today entirely, etc.

Anyway, getting water baptized is a declaring of all of that now publicly, etc. Has a lot to do with your testimony, etc. And your now being ready to give your 100% honest and fully correct/accurate full public testimony now publicly, etc.

Water baptism does not save, but only the Spirit baptism can/does only, etc.

If someone dies before being water baptized, then their being saved or not will depend of whether or not they were baptized by the Holy Spirit or not prior to that and/or previously, etc.

God Bless.
Or at least, this is what I know about it, and it is part of my testimony for me, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The baptism by fire and Spirit baptism are the same thing, and means you were forever changed by that baptism sometime during your lifetime here, etc. Water baptism is a symbol of that, and is one's public declaration of the spirit/fire baptism that they are now publicly declaring, or are now fully ready to let be made known to everybody fully, as you are no longer afraid to tell everyone the truth about your whole entire born-again testimony now already, etc. And the public declaration is also now declaring that you are also now fully willing/ready/able to do that now honestly, since you also now fully know about it all now already, etc.

Full immersion symbolizes it best, as your declaration is that it almost overwhelmed you, or almost took you under/killed you, ort almost totally destroyed/drowned you, etc,in etc, etc, and that is also now a part of your testimony, etc.

You were born again by the firey trials and/or ordeals that you went through, most of which were all your own stupid fault due to your own past stupidity. But also that also God was a huge part of that, and still had a big huge hand in getting you fully out of that fully, and this now a big huge part of your born again testimony, etc, or of how you became a believer/Christian now up to today entirely, etc.

Anyway, getting water baptized is a declaring of all of that now publicly, etc. Has a lot to do with your testimony, etc. And your now being ready to give your 100% honest and fully correct/accurate full public testimony now publicly, etc.

Water baptism does not save, but only the Spirit baptism can/does only, etc.

If someone dies before being water baptized, then their being saved or not will depend of whether or not they were baptized by the Holy Spirit or not prior to that and/or previously, etc.

God Bless.

Or at least, this is what I know about it, and it is part of my testimony for me, etc.

God Bless.
In times past, people often were so convicted, or were so often otherwise affected emotionally by the back then very rare and very new preaching/teaching that they were just now hearing, that it caused them to be humbled on the spot, and caused an instantaneous change on the spot, and so, they were often water baptized right then and there andon the spot, etc.

But people today, now being so very, very aware of so many different levels and types of emotional manipulation nowadays, etc, are much less affected by those kinds of things nowadays, and are much, much more affected/humbled by either, an example, or a series of life experiences or events than they most usually ever are by mere words nowadays, which is why it is sometimes a process, and is much, much less of a more instantaneous conversion on the spot nowadays.

But after a most definite for sure change has taken place, one should seek to be water baptized as a public declaration of that, etc, and also when they feel they are ready to be able to give a true, and right, and accurate/honest testimony, etc.

God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In times past, people often were so convicted, or were so often otherwise affected emotionally by the back then very rare and very new preaching/teaching that they were just now hearing, that it caused them to be humbled on the spot, and caused an instantaneous change on the spot, and so, they were often water baptized right then and there andon the spot, etc.

But people today, now being so very, very aware of so many different levels and types of emotional manipulation nowadays, etc, are much less affected by those kinds of things nowadays, and are much, much more affected/humbled by either, an example, or a series of life experiences or events than they most usually ever are by mere words nowadays, which is why it is sometimes a process, and is much, much less of a more instantaneous conversion on the spot nowadays.

But after a most definite for sure change has taken place, one should seek to be water baptized as a public declaration of that, etc, and also when they feel they are ready to be able to give a true, and right, and accurate/honest testimony, etc.

God Bless.
And speaking of the way it used to be done, water baptisms were supposed to follow good preaching, etc. If there was a body of water nearby, then right after the preaching, many times that's when people would get water baptized. There is something wrong with telling a person they need to schedule it, or go to be at a particular place at a particular time to do it, etc. "Oh, you want to be baptized now because of what you just heard? OK, no problem, we will be doing water baptisms two months from now at such and such a place and time on October the 22nd on a Thursday, make sure to bring your swim trunks with you so you can change in our locker room before you do it, ok."

I'm sorry, but there is something very, very wrong with that picture, etc. And it's not even following any good preaching a lot of the time, etc.

In my opinion, and maybe instead of altar calls, there should always be some kind of body of water always very, very nearby to the pulpit, etc, and it should be perfectly normal and fine for people to go and get dunked by the pastor immediately following a sermon, etc, even if they are going to do it fully clothed, etc, and the pastor should not have to change his clothes either (but maybe just have a dry change of clothes to get back into dry clothes again after, etc). This is the way it was done way back when a lot of the time, and so I think it still needs to be that way again now, etc. And this is precisely why I haven't been water baptized yet, because they want you to schedule it, and most of the time, it's even a few months out, and it doesn't follow the preaching of the pastor, and is sometimes not even being done by the pastor, and that part is "huge", like "really huge", etc, the one giving the message needs to also be the one doing the baptizing, etc, but often they have "assistants" doing it, etc, like the one giving the message was too good for them to get into the water with them right then and there, etc. To me, it just completely loses any kind of "thing" that might have been special about, or might have made it special right then and there, etc. No kind of "magic" to any of it at all after that, etc.

A person also should not have to belong to your church to be water baptized as well as all of the rest of this either, etc, but can just be a visitor, or just some passerby who was so moved by your preaching that he now wants to turn his life around, give his life to Christ, and wants to right now then and there be water baptized, etc.

That should always still be available always, but sadly, it's not ever anymore nowadays, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Arctangent

May 28, 2022
Midwest
✟26,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is not "one kind of baptism", as in water but not spirit, or spirit but not water. Rather, one baptism for all people, as opposed to a baptism for the Jews and a baptism for the Gentiles. The emphasis is on Jews and Gentiles being fellow heirs of the promises made to Abraham, and that there is no difference between them and they form one single body.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God Bless.
I have yet to see the Greek word for IMMERSION and would like to see where it is found in the bible ?

What I have seen that the Greek , FIRE // PUR means , speaks of JUDGMENT .

dan p

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Update:

I have changed my position on this. This thread was originally created with the belief that taught that Spirit baptism replaced water baptism. But now I have abandoned this viewpoint and I believe water baptism is now a requirement as a part of the faith.

I attempted to remove any post of my defense on Spirit baptism replacing water baptism.

The likes received on this post are from my support on my old position that Spirit baptism replacing water baptism (of which I no longer believe).
Water Baptism is a sanctuary service brought forward into the new order, done once instead of daily. John who preached, "Repent, the kingdom of God is near", baptized to wash away sin. Baptism is where a person consents and commits; other forms of baptism metaphorically represents God's response. With one baptism, the key is "one", identifying the God and the assembly.

Upvote 0