Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you go back 4,000 years every one is related. Do a google search on our most recent common ancestor. There was a school girl that found out all of our presidents are related. Some people say they all descended from a king in England.

The remarkable discovery was made by 12-year-old BridgeAnne d’Avignon, of Salinas, California, who created a ground-breaking family tree that connected 42 of 43 U.S. presidents to one common, and rather unexpected, ancestor: King John of England.

See: The Genealogical Adam and Eve by S. Joshua Swamidass.
In this book, Dr. Swamidass
  • untangles several misunderstandings about the words human and ancestry, in both science and theology
  • explains how genetic and genealogical ancestry are different, and how universal genealogical ancestry creates a new opportunity for rapprochement
  • explores implications of genealogical ancestry for the theology of the image of God, the fall, and people “outside the garden”
The book has been reviewed by theologians , atheists, apologists and many experts from many fields.
Reviews and Interviews on The Genealogical Adam and Eve

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
One common mechanism of genetic recombination in algae is sexual reproduction, which involves the exchange of genetic material between two different individuals. Many algae have both male and female reproductive structures, which allow for the exchange of genetic material through processes like meiosis and fertilization.

Algae can be green or red. We are told that the ocean will be turned to blood and this is due to algae.
screenshot-www.google.com-2023.03.27-20_06_44.png

Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Looks like 'true men of science' reject the Bible in droves.

Although Christians make up approximately 75% of the American public, only about 30% of academic scientists identify as Christian [1,2], making Christians one of the most underrepresented groups in science [3] [academic scientists generally have graduate degrees, academic appointments, and conduct scientific research]
OB​

Not being a Christian is not the same as not believing in G-d.

• Winner
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

You made a similar comment back in post #40.

The best response to your post was in post #41 where @essentialsaltes posted a couple of pie charts with detailed breakdowns of the religious preferences of scientists and the general public.

OB

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

That's true.

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Notice that the Muses believe in God, yet they are experts at creating mental blocks in some of their unconscious followers.

And while Jesus is drawing these unconscious followers to Him ...

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

... their adherence to science (the Muses) is equipping them to be able to draw back.

Hebrews 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

This tug-of-war usually manifests itself as an intolerance to all things Biblical.

Including the display of Christian iconography on public soil or in public buildings in America.

Including our schools.

I'd venture to say that a lot of atheists, if not most of them, are [negatively] sensitive to Biblical things, but don't know why and can't explain it.

They may even sit around wondering why they dislike Christianity so much for some reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You made a similar comment back in post #40.

The best response to your post was in post #41 where @essentialsaltes posted a couple of pie charts with detailed breakdowns of the religious preferences of scientists and the general public.

OB

Replace "God" with "Jesus Christ" and watch those pie charts change drastically.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Replace "God" with "Jesus Christ" and watch those pie charts change drastically.

Why? The pie chart in #40 already shows a breakdown to three types of Christians (totally 75% of the gen. pop. and 30% of the scientists). There is nothing to change about the pie chart by asking about Jesus -- because they already did ask.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,624.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I'd venture to say that a lot of atheists, if not most of them, are [negatively] sensitive to Biblical things, but don't know why and can't explain it.

They may even sit around wondering why they dislike Christianity so much for some reason.
The answer I have is that if Christianity actually preached LOVE, that things would be much different.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The answer I have is that if Christianity actually preached LOVE, that things would be much different.

We'd be one big Summer of Love, wouldn't we?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Love in's were really nice. Love has a way of bringing people together in a nice way. I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to bring them back some form.

Love isn't what drew them together.

Hate did.

Hate of the "establishment."

Fueled by drugs and fanned by academia.

As one guy put it:

The Summer of Love gave way to the Fall of Despair.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,624.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others

Hate did.

As one guy put it:

Hate did.

As one guy put it:

As I was taken out of society and sent to the war of the time, a lot had changed when I re-entered society. I have to agree that the hope for societal changes were minor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The love of God is expressed in our love for each other. Even our love for our enemy.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,624.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
The love of God is expressed in our love for each other. Even our love for our enemy.
That's a good start....but not enough! Kinda of wimpy really if the church desires to be Christ like.

More often than not what's preached are rules, laws and order. Not Love really. But it was by Love that those first Christians made such a huge impact in Rome where eventually the ruler had to endorse it.

Upvote 0