Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
We can trace our family back to the Vikings in the 8th century. Our family records were destroyed before that.

You've traced your family back to 8th century Vikings?

That must be some sort of genealogical record.

Pity your earlier records were destroyed. Those early Viking Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates would have been a real archaeological find.

OB

Upvote 0

Neutral Observer

Nov 25, 2022
North America
✟27,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You've traced your family back to 8th century Vikings?

That must be some sort of genealogical record.

My cousin has supposedly traced our family tree all the way back to Adam and Eve, I'm skeptical, but I do believe that that's the record.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Maybe it's just me, but I take people who refuse to spell God correctly in a regular English-language conversation way less seriously
There are also Christians who get stroppy if their particular God isn't spelled with a capital 'G'. I tend to take them seriously as a small sign of respect towards their belief.
than I take the viewpoints of scientists on matters of religion...and I don't take most of those seriously at all.

Why is a scientist's viewpoint on religious matters less valid than your viewpoint?

OB

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
My cousin has supposedly traced our family tree all the way back to Adam and Eve, I'm skeptical, but I do believe that that's the record.
Someday we will have a tree of the entire human race so we can see exactly how we are all related.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We can trace our family back to the Vikings in the 8th century. Our family records were destroyed before that.

Yeah sure.
An ancestor of yours?

1250637788.0.m.jpg

Reactions: Occams Barber
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Pity your earlier records were destroyed. Those early Viking Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates would have been a real archaeological find.
They were thrown out of Norway for stealing food. So they worked their way down the coast of England and plundered the churches along the way. When they got to France they were given the land of Normany if they would convert and become Christian. That was when they destroyed the records they had of their pre-Christian days.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
They were thrown out of Norway for stealing food. So they worked their way down the coast of England and plundered the churches along the way. When they got to France they were given the land of Normany if they would convert and become Christian. That was when they destroyed the records they had of their pre-Christian days.

Your great ,great....great....great (etc.) grandad wasn't called Rollo by any chance?

OB

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
An ancestor of yours?
Yes, I am descended from Roger the second king of Sicily. They kept pretty good records of everyone back then. He actually has a million descendants today. Of course, Ghengas Kahn has over 16 million. 90% of China comes from the Han Dynasty going back to 202 BC.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Your great ,great....great....great (etc.) grandad wasn't called Rollo by any chance?
I have a friend that was a Roland. I am pretty sure we were related somewhere along the way. All vikings would be indirectly related somewhere along the way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It actually does, but you apparently wouldn't understand. -- I think it's called DNA or something.

I doubt there are scientific studies of genetics that reference Noah.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It does not.
If you go back 4,000 years every one is related. Do a google search on our most recent common ancestor. There was a school girl that found out all of our presidents are related. Some people say they all descended from a king in England.

The remarkable discovery was made by 12-year-old BridgeAnne d’Avignon, of Salinas, California, who created a ground-breaking family tree that connected 42 of 43 U.S. presidents to one common, and rather unexpected, ancestor: King John of England.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It is difficult to trace the DNA back that far.
Then, if you wanted to make a truthful statement, you could have just stopped at "Even science tells us that everyone in the world is related"

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0