Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Seperation.
To look for what pleases God and fit it into your life. Get out of the mind set of getting everything you want, out of the mind set to live for things that only please the flesh(namely sin). To continuely grow in strength over sin. To grow in strength with prayer.
To become more selfless, and looking out for others and there wants and needs.
Seperation is loseing yourself, so that God can fill in more of God things, like wisdom, love, a forgiving attitude, a giving attitude, a gentle person at the same time someone who stands up for what is right even if it means that people will be hurt or even become angry.

Religous use is just another phrase for saying, the will of God.
I will put my input on that as we go along, I just want to hear more from others.

Upvote 0

chelcb

'Totus tuus'
Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,163.00
Today at 02:23 PM SUNSTONE said this in Post #21

Seperation.
To look for what pleases God and fit it into your life. Get out of the mind set of getting everything you want, out of the mind set to live for things that only please the flesh(namely sin). To continuely grow in strength over sin. To grow in strength with prayer.
To become more selfless, and looking out for others and there wants and needs.
Seperation is loseing yourself, so that God can fill in more of God things, like wisdom, love, a forgiving attitude, a giving attitude, a gentle person at the same time someone who stands up for what is right even if it means that people will be hurt or even become angry.

Religous use is just another phrase for saying, the will of God.
I will put my input on that as we go along, I just want to hear more from others.

Thanks, one more question, how does one go about being set apart?

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yesterday at 03:58 PM chelcb said this in Post #22 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=669659#post669659)

Thanks, one more question, how does one go about being set apart?

Start with a prayer to God.
"Lord I want You to use me like a tool, show me areas in my life where you want me to change."

Once you except Jesus into your life, you become a tool ready to be used by God. I see it often, people except Jesus, and the first thing they want to do is tell someone(very often everyone). Now a new born Christian, isn't a very effective tool, but still a tool.
As you learn to yeild to the Lord, learn from the Lord, pray to the Lord, you become that much more effective.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
The Word that came forth in our service this morning was God telling us to seperate ourselves from the things that weigh us down. He said that He was out to change us. He wants to conform us into His image, however, we keep putting ourselves in situations and circumstances where we are not doing what He tells us. We sit back and wait for Him to change us but we've got to get up and throw off the things that slow us down and keep us from accomplishing what He desires to do through us.

He is Holy and as we keep our eyes on Him we will be changed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
21st February 2003 at 07:04 PM sklippstein said this in Post #10

i agree with the majority......God's Will is for all to be saved and none lost.

I think this is clearly not God's Will.  God is causal in all things.  God is sovereign and whatsoever He Wills does come to pass.  To say that it is God's Will that all be saved and none lost is to say that God either can not or does not choose to accomplish His greatest desire.  God does not arbitrarily deign to bring about His Will.  His Will is efficacious and He will bring to salvation all those that He has ordained to save.  I will acknowledge that God does not delight in the condemnation of those that He has not foreordained to bring to a saving knowledge of Himself.  But, God's Will in all things is done, regardless of our cooperation.  In fact, our cooperation is a result of God's grace, not a means to it.

God bless

Upvote 0

sklippstein

Nov 2, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,351.00
Faith
Catholic
Today at 01:19 PM Reformationist said this in Post #32

I think this is clearly not God's Will.  God is causal in all things.  God is sovereign and whatsoever He Wills does come to pass.  To say that it is God's Will that all be saved and none lost is to say that God either can not or does not choose to accomplish His greatest desire.  God does not arbitrarily deign to bring about His Will.  His Will is efficacious and He will bring to salvation all those that He has ordained to save.  I will acknowledge that God does not delight in the condemnation of those that He has not foreordained to bring to a saving knowledge of Himself.  But, God's Will in all things is done, regardless of our cooperation.  In fact, our cooperation is a result of God's grace, not a means to it.

God bless

Reform, so Jesus did not die for ALL?

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Today at 01:19 PM Reformationist said this in Post #32

God bless

(The Lord does not delay and is not tardy or slow about what He promises, according to some people's concepton of slowness, but He is long-suffering toward you, not desiring that any should perish, but that all should turn to repentance.) 2 Peter 3:9

So you are saying the opposite, that God's will isn't for everyone to goto heaven. That in fact you think it is God's will that they goto hell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Reformationist

Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today at 10:41 AM sklippstein said this in Post #33 

Reform, so Jesus did not die for ALL?

Of course He did not die for everyone.  Let me qualify that though.  I am not limiting the value of His sacrifice.  I am limiting His intention.  See, I don't view the death of Christ as something that provided the "possibility" of salvation.  I believe that the reason I'm saved is because Jesus took upon Himself the penalty and guilt for all of my sins and paid that penalty.  By actually paying the price for my sins I am no longer responsible to bear that burden.  God knew when He created me that I could never earn salvation.  He, because of His love, gave me credit for the life and sacrifice for His perfect Son.  He imputed to me the credit for earning salvation.  It is a common misnomer, IMO, that we are not saved by works.  I believe we are saved by works, just not ours.  I can truly say that Jesus is my Savior because He saved me.  If I attribute my salvation to abiding in obedience then I, in essence, attribute my salvation, not to His works, but my own.  My works, while important in glorifying God, are not the basis for my salvation, they are the result.  I believe God is effectual in the accomplishment of His Will.  Therefore, if not changed, man's disposition will be to live a life of fallenness with no desire to glorify God.

If we acknowledge that Jesus is our Savior then we are put in a position, if we wish to be consistant, where we must acknowledge that if the reason we are saved and desire to serve the Lord is by His grace alone then the reason someone else may not be saved is also by His grace.  Fallen man, if not given a new desire, freely chooses to serve his fallenness.  God is under no obligation to save anyone.  The fact that He does save some shows His mercy.  The fact that He doesn't save all does not make Him unfair.  It makes Him just.

So, in answer to your question, no, Jesus did not die for the purpose of universal redemption.  Jesus died so that all that the Father gives Him, which is not everyone, will be saved.

God bless

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today at 11:06 AM SUNSTONE said this in Post #34

(The Lord does not delay and is not tardy or slow about what He promises, according to some people's concepton of slowness, but He is long-suffering toward you, not desiring that any should perish, but that all should turn to repentance.) 2 Peter 3:9

So you are saying the opposite, that God's will isn't for everyone to goto heaven. That in fact you think it is God's will that they goto hell.

No.  That's not what I'm saying.  I'm saying that all that the Father brings to Christ will be saved and all that the Father does not bring to Christ will not be saved.  Neither salvation, nor damnation is universal.

God bless

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Today at 02:49 PM Reformationist said this in Post #36

Of course He did not die for everyone.  Let me qualify that though.  I am not limiting the value of His sacrifice.  I am limiting His intention.  See, I don't view the death of Christ as something that provided the "possibility" of salvation.  I believe that the reason I'm saved is because Jesus took upon Himself the penalty and guilt for all of my sins and paid that penalty.  By actually paying the price for my sins I am no longer responsible to bear that burden.  God knew when He created me that I could never earn salvation.  He, because of His love, gave me credit for the life and sacrifice for His perfect Son.  He imputed to me the credit for earning salvation.  It is a common misnomer, IMO, that we are not saved by works.  I believe we are saved by works, just not ours.  I can truly say that Jesus is my Savior because He saved me.  If I attribute my salvation to abiding in obedience then I, in essence, attribute my salvation, not to His works, but my own.  My works, while important in glorifying God, are not the basis for my salvation, they are the result.  I believe God is effectual in the accomplishment of His Will.  Therefore, if not changed, man's disposition will be to live a life of fallenness with no desire to glorify God.

If we acknowledge that Jesus is our Savior then we are put in a position, if we wish to be consistant, where we must acknowledge that if the reason we are saved and desire to serve the Lord is by His grace alone then the reason someone else may not be saved is also by His grace.  Fallen man, if not given a new desire, freely chooses to serve his fallenness.  God is under no obligation to save anyone.  The fact that He does save some shows His mercy.  The fact that He doesn't save all does not make Him unfair.  It makes Him just.

So, in answer to your question, no, Jesus did not die for the purpose of universal redemption.  Jesus died so that all that the Father gives Him, which is not everyone, will be saved.

God bless

(For it is by free grace that you  are saved through faith. And this is not of yourselves but it is the gift of God) Eph 2:8

opps I slipped this in under the qoute.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Today at 02:56 PM Reformationist said this in Post #37

No.  That's not what I'm saying.  I'm saying that all that the Father brings to Christ will be saved and all that the Father does not bring to Christ will not be saved.  Neither salvation, nor damnation is universal.

God bless

What are you saved from?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.