✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today at 11:41 AM SUNSTONE said this in Post #1

This is a big question, but what do you believe is Gods will.

Well, if you're a Christian it would be your sanctification:

1 Thessalonians 4:3
For this is the will of God, your sanctification:

If you're not a Christian, or never are regenerated, I'd have to say God's Will for your life is to be used to sanctify His chosen.

God bless

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today at 05:00 PM SUNSTONE said this in Post #3

Thats definitly part of His will.

What else is there that you feel does not fall under the umbrella of working toward our sanctification?

God bless,

Don

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The overiding will of God for man is to believe in His Son and keep on trusting in Him:

John 6:29
29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

John 6:39
39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

John 6:40
40 For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

1 John 3:23
And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to
love one another as he commanded us.

And for everything else, the will of God is given in the Bible. eg whether God wants to heal, whether God wants to prosper, whether God wants this or that.... it's mostly revealed already in the Word. So no need for "if"s, "maybe"s, "sometimes" etc.

Upvote 0
I believe the will of God is:

(Matthew 22:34) "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.<SUP>38</SUP>This is the first and greatest commandment. <SUP>39</SUP>And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself. <SUP>40</SUP>All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Sanctification is a byproduct of the love of&nbsp;God and when you truly love God the byproduct is that you truly start to love your neighbor.

I believe this is the will of God, and sanctification, faith, obedience and every other fruit of the spirit will come as a result of that love.

God bless,

Upvote 0

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
welp it depends on many things . . . do mean his PERFET will or his permissive will? Are you speaking of His Specific will or his general will?

Even once you answer those questions we can only know specific segments of Gods will, those which he has chosen to reveal to us personally and generally.

Gods will is more than a human mind can grasp in its totality. To know it, you must be like God.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I believe His ultimate will is for redemption for the purpose of communion/fellowship. the two greatest comandments fit nicely with this.

A good example of this is the story of the prodical son. The father didn't really care about making cleaning his son, he just wanted his son, and his son became cleansed as a part of rejoining his fathers household. Notice that the robe and the ring and the imbrace came before a bath was ever administered. God wants His children back and He will imbrace them in what ever condition they return. And He will not hold back His blessings or make them conditional upon mans cleansing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
to have a Father and son relationship with the one who brought us into existance.

God created us for such a relationship. Our spirit was created for the soul purpose of pouring Himself into. Our hearts were created for the soul purpose of loving and recieving love. Sin seperated us from God. God came not to save us from just from hell. He came to save us from the seperation that occured and restore the relationship of a Father to His sons. It has been said that Hell is Hell only because God is not there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
18th February 2003 at 08:07 PM Reformationist said this in Post #4 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=661530#post661530)

What else is there that you feel does not fall under the umbrella of working toward our&nbsp;sanctification?

God bless,

Don

&nbsp;

Sanctification is being seperated for religous use. In other words, to be seperated for the will of God.

So I was just agreeing on the being seperated part.

Upvote 0

chelcb

'Totus tuus'
Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,163.00
Today at 02:01 PM SUNSTONE said this in Post #16

Sanctification is being seperated for religous use. In other words, to be seperated for the will of God.

So I was just agreeing on the being seperated part.

&nbsp;

Do you think that&nbsp;we are&nbsp;all called to be "sanctified"? To be used "religiously"?

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is a very deep question, one that can't be answered in just one sentence or one verse from the bible.

I believe that God's will is black and white in some areas, and grey in many other areas. (grey meaning that it could go either black or white depending on the situation).

I would like to hear more on the application of Gods will, not just the generalization.Be more specific. If it is something that only fits you, and not everyone, say so. If it is a black and white, meaning it fits everyone say that too.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.