What is exactly and specifically "wrong" with operating under the Old Covenant...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
"777 But the Royal Law is about Christ's Law and commands, and not so much about the Ten Commandments, or any of much of the OT, OC, commands..." Sort of ironic but do you realize this (and much of your other posts) is what you think or believe, meaning you may be right or not : ) anyway I have enjoyed passing the time with you. God Bless.
Don't know that I'm following you right or correctly...? But, (as I have stated many times, and why I added the "so much" part), is because we are still after and still are to follow the "Spirit" of it/them, (the OT, OC commands or commandments)... But/and/however it is a totally different "way", (and therefore different covenant), from the the OT, Old Law Covenant... In that, we no longer are under, nor are to follow the "letter of it" anymore, but the end goal (of it/them) is always, and has always been, and always "stays the same"...

Hope that clears some things up, as I don't know if I am following rightly or correctly in what you are trying to say...?

Oh, and, I as well...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

misput

JimD
Sep 5, 2018
Pacific, Mo.
✟152,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The biggest mistake being made here is you "thinking" you are right and I must be wrong because you do not see it my way. You really need to come off that attitude my friend, you may repent at your earliest convenience : ) We could both be wrong : (

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The biggest mistake being made here is you "thinking" you are right and I must be wrong because you do not see it my way. You really need to come off that attitude my friend, you may repent at your earliest convenience : ) We could both be wrong : (
I'm certainly not right "all the time" by any means, and I don't know "everything" by any means, but I do try to only talk, or make a definite definitive opinion, or take a definitive stance, about the things I "do know about for sure" on here...

And if I'm gonna talk about things I don't or may not know about fully, I'll say "I think maybe, or maybe, or it might be, this or that, ect, ect, or I ask or pose questions...

I repent all the time BTW... Repentance is a way of life for me... Keeps me "in check" so to speak...

I'm already gonna have to at least "apologize" for saying that to you earlier... As, and like I said, I do it sometimes too...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

misput

JimD
Sep 5, 2018
Pacific, Mo.
✟152,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm certainly not right "all the time" by any means, and I don't know "everything" by any means, but I do try to only talk, or make a definite definitive opinion, or take a definitive stance, about the things I "do know about for sure" on here...

And if I'm gonna talk about things I don't or may not know about fully, I'll say "I think maybe, or maybe, or it might be, this or that, ect, ect, or I ask or pose questions...

I repent all the time BTW... Repentance is a way of life for me... Keeps me "in check" so to speak...

God Bless!
Ditto. I will say I believe from now on : )

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I've been on here and doing this for a little while now, and, yeah, you really have to careful on here and/or pick and choose your words, stance, attitude, ect, very carefully or they'll all jump and jump on you for it...

And after awhile of doing this...? Yeah, enough said, right...?

Kinda feels like a pretty unforgiving place sometimes...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And when and if I am wrong, or especially if I am proved wrong, I'll admit it and concede to the other person, or try to (now), most of the time (that and will and where I do notice or take notice)... part of humility and being humble I guess...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

misput

JimD
Sep 5, 2018
Pacific, Mo.
✟152,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's perfectly OK, I know what you meant...

God Bless!
This will blow your socks of, I believe for sure our fleshly nature is satan. I am just as certain you will not accept that idea but in your study in the years to come it might jell for you : )

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This will blow your socks of, I believe for sure our fleshly nature is satan. I am just as certain you will not accept that idea but in your study in the years to come it might jell for you : )
Were "familiar with each other" if that's what you mean... But, I can't blame him (all the time anyway) for the sins that I do sometimes that come from "my own sinful fleshly nature" and we have "a certain kind of understanding" about that, I guess you could say...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you believe the tree of life is figurative for Christ? Do you believe the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is figurative for the law. My answer to both is yes for certain.
I really don't know for sure (as I said, I don't know everything) and I haven't got any good "revelations" about that specifically yet...

It's possible, but the need for more research maybe is clearly indicated though maybe...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

misput

JimD
Sep 5, 2018
Pacific, Mo.
✟152,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Were "familiar with each other" if that's what you mean... But, I can't blame him (all the time anyway) for the sins that I do sometimes that come from "my own sinful fleshly nature" and we have "a certain kind of understanding" about that, I guess you could say...

God Bless!
No, I mean there was no talking snake, the only thing talking to eve was her own fleshly nature.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
No, I mean there was no talking snake, the only thing talking to eve was her own fleshly nature.
Are you sure for sure about that...?

Cause they did have a "kind of communication" with the animals that/which we lost, which means that "in a way" they did "talk to and with each other an one another"...

Could have been more like "thoughts" and knowing and/or "reading hearts and minds" ect, ect, but I'm not going latch onto that part for sure, but they could "communicate" "in a way"...

I've talked about this in other threads, and not scare you or anyone, but I know his (Satan) and their voices, (demons) but it/they are always "outside of me" but I will hear them in my head, but sense and/or feel their presence/position "outside of me" always... And, it's not all the time or constant (anymore) but sometimes (I will) (hear them) (sometimes now)...

Many people do have a "dual nature", and sometimes that can mistaken for Satan, but most of the time, it's not, but it's just the negative side of your dual nature, most often and most of the time, in most cases...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Eve was beginning to believe she could make it on her own just as well as listening to God. In other words she could be perfect on her own without that "thou shall not" stuff from Him.
I honestly don't know what she was thinking, or what they were thinking, but I do know what they did, and how and under what circumstances they did it, like in this thread here:

Adam and Eve, the Garden of Eden, the serpent and knowledge...

If you care to take a look...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0