WHAT IS 1 PETER 3:21 REALLY SATING TO US ??

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And there are MANY views and many disagree with me and I am not trying to be BILIOUS or to BLOVIATE and sorry if I offended you !!
“The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone,”
8 and “A stone of stumbling And a rock of offense.” They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed. 1 Peter 2

But you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, Eph 2

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And there are MANY views and many disagree with me and I am not trying to be BILIOUS or to BLOVIATE
and sorry if I offended you !!
I will return again to My place Till they acknowledge their offense. Hosea 5:15

I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins;
for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins. John 8 Heb 10:12-14

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will return again to My place Till they acknowledge their offense. Hosea 5:15

I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins;
for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins. John 8 Heb 10:12-14
And Hosea 5:15 has to do with Judah in verse 14 and 15 ?

And to me your proof Text , is no Text is no PROOF TEXT at ALL and hope that I am writing CODSWALOP ?

dan p

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And Hosea 5:15 has to do with Judah in verse 14 and 15 ?
And to me your proof Text , is no Text is no PROOF TEXT at ALL and hope that I am writing CODSWALOP ?
And in your codswalop viewpoint, who was Isaiah referring to as a Stone of stumbling who according to David has become the chief cornerstone?

He shall be a Sanctuary for those who trust in Him;
But to both the house of Israel and Judah, He will be a Stone of stumbling; Isaiah 8:14

I will praise You, For You have answered me, And have become my salvation.
The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. Psalm 118:21-22

He looked at them and said, “What then is this that is written:
‘The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone’? Luke 20:17

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And in your codswalop viewpoint, who was Isaiah referring to as a Stone of stumbling who according to David has become the chief cornerstone?

But to both the house of Israel and Judah, He will be a Stone of stumbling; Isaiah 8:14

The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. Psalm 118:21-22

The context is all about Israel as 1 Peter 2:7 and 8 !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also. Rom 3:29
And I believe Rom 3:29 BUT at this particular time period , 2 Cor 3:13- 16 a covering lie upon their HEART and Israel has been set aside and Acts 28:25-28 says so !!

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I believe Rom 3:29 BUT at this particular time period , 2 Cor 3:13- 16 a covering lie upon their HEART and Israel has been set aside and Acts 28:25-28 says so !!
It seems you don't know what you believe.
Having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise Eph 1:13

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So what about the OP do you disagree with and seem that I am a CHAMELEON , Why ??

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And the STONE that the BUILDERS REJECTED was the MESSIAH , who is Jesus Christ , 1 Peter 2:7-8 !!

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the STONE that the BUILDERS REJECTED was the MESSIAH , who is Jesus Christ , 1 Peter 2:7-8 !!
The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ—He is Lord of all—Acts 10:36

It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it,... we turn to the Gentiles. Acts 13:46
When the Gentiles heard, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed. Acts 13:48

The Gentiles have attained to the righteousness of faith; But Israel stumbled;
Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. Rom 9:30-33

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ—He is Lord of all—Acts 10:36

It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it,... we turn to the Gentiles. Acts 13:46
When the Gentiles heard, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed. Acts 13:48

The Gentiles have attained to the righteousness of faith; But Israel stumbled;
Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. Rom 9:30-33
And that same message is in Acts 25:28 and also in Acts 3:19 and also in Isa 6:1-11 .

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And that same message is in Acts 25:28 and also in Acts 3:19 and also in Isa 6:1-11 .
Again, there is only one gospel.

‘And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.’ 26 To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you...Acts 3:25-26

Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins, that to deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. Gal 1:3-5

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, there is only one gospel.

‘And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.’ 26 To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you...Acts 3:25-26

Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins, that to deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. Gal 1:3-5
So you believe in only one GOSPEL ??

#1 Called the Gospel of God in Rom 1:1

# 2 The EVERLASTING GOSPEL in Rev 14:6

# 3 The Gospel of the GRACE of God , in Acts 20:24

# 4 Gospel of the KINGDOM in Matt 24:14

# 5 Gospel of the CIRCUMCISION in Gal 2;7

#6 The GOSPEL of the UNCIRCUMCISION in Gal 2:7

#7 The GOSPEL of Jesus Christ , in Mark 1:1

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you believe in only one GOSPEL ??
#1 Called the Gospel of God in Rom 1:1
Through Christ Jesus we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith Rom 1:5
# 2 The EVERLASTING GOSPEL in Rev 14:6
They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. Rev 14:4
# 3 The Gospel of the GRACE of God , in Acts 20:24
I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus. Acts 20:21
# 4 Gospel of the KINGDOM in Matt 24:14
The one who stands firm in Christ will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, Matt 24:13-14
# 5 The GOSPEL of Jesus Christ , in Mark 1:1
He is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. Col 1:15-18
#6 The GOSPEL of the UNCIRCUMCISION in Gal 2:7
#7 Gospel of the CIRCUMCISION in Gal 2;7
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.
And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God. Gal 6:15-16

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Through Christ Jesus we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith Rom 1:5

They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. Rev 14:4

I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus. Acts 20:21

The one who stands firm in Christ will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, Matt 24:13-14

He is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. Col 1:15-18

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.
And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God. Gal 6:15-16
And Gal 2:7 proves that there are 2 GOSPEL in the verse . PERIOD !!

One is called the GOSPEL of the UNCIRCUMCISION that Paul PRECHED .

The other one is called THE CIRCUMCISION , preached by Peter , PERIOD !!

Both are GOSPELS , but Peters is JUST called THE CIRCMCISION , and will you explain why , your thoughts ??

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And Gal 2:7 proves that there are 2 GOSPEL in the verse . PERIOD !!
One is called the GOSPEL of the UNCIRCUMCISION that Paul PRECHED .
The other one is called THE CIRCUMCISION , preached by Peter , PERIOD !!
Both are GOSPELS , but Peters is JUST called THE CIRCMCISION , and will you explain why , your thoughts ??
Preaching to one group or the other doesn't change the fact that there is salvation in no one else. Acts 4:11-12

There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. James 4:12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Preaching to one group or the other doesn't change the fact that there is salvation in no one else. Acts 4:11-12

There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. James 4:12
This is why Christ called it THE CIRCUMCISION instead of the Gospel of the CIRCUMCISION >

Because the OLD COVENANT was to be SET ASIDE in Acts 28:25-28 and that Paul was sent to the Gentiles , and they will HEAR !!
dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is why Christ called it THE CIRCUMCISION instead of the Gospel of the CIRCUMCISION >

Because the OLD COVENANT was to be SET ASIDE in Acts 28:25-28 and that Paul was sent to the Gentiles , and they will HEAR !!
For we also have had the gospel, the good news of salvation proclaimed to us, just as they did; but it was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed. (Heb 4:2)

He became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him. Heb 5:9

Upvote 0