WHAT IS 1 PETER 3:21 REALLY SATING TO US ??

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I eze 36 it reads , I WILL SPRINKLE // ZARAQ is in the QAL , PERFECT TENSE and that ill happen only one time , because it is in the SINGULAR

#2 CLEAN // TAOR , is in the PLURAL , meaning all of the saved Jews , and in the ABSOLTE and means it will happen '

#3 AND Christ will cleanse Israel with clean WATER // MAYIM is also in the PLURAL and in the ABOLUTELY HAPPEN >
I don't take my doctrine from prophetic riddles not spoken clearly (Nu 12:8) and which are subject to more than one interpretation.
I take my doctrine only from apostolic teaching authoritative to the church.

However, my personal view of this prophetic riddle is that it is a promise of the Holy Spirit and new nature in the NT (as in Jn 3:5), where Eze 36:26 is fulfilled in Heb 10:6, 2 Co 3:3, etc.
# 4 And there are many that DEPEND on Water Baptism to save them and will NEVER save anyone in this age of GRACE .
Baptism, does not save, 1 Pe 3:21 is to tell us that baptism is a type, symbol of what does save; i.e., death, burial and resurrection of/in Christ (Ro 6:3-7).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't take my doctrine from prophetic riddles not spoken clearly (Nu 12:8) and which are subject to more than one interpretation.

However, my personal view of this prophetic riddle is that it is a promise of the Holy Spirit and new nature in the NT (as in Jn 3:5), where Eze 36: 26 is fulfilled in Heb 10:6, 2 Co 3:3, etc.

Baptism, does not save, 1 Pe 3:21 is to tell us that baptism is a type, symbol of what does save; i.e., death, burial and resurrection of Christ (Ro 6:3-7).
And I will never be GASCONADING , because of 1 Cor 11:1 , JUST because you take your proof from apostolic TEACHING and Believe that 1 Cor 11:1 cannot be a RIDDLE .

And as I have said many times that when ANYONE checks the Greek text of 1 Peter 3:21 that Greek word is NOT BAPTISM , but the Greek word BAPTISMA

# 2 And it CANNOT be WATER BAPTISM as the Greek word for WATER // HUDOR is NOT in that verse .

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And I will never be GASCONADING , because of 1 Cor 11:1 , JUST because you take your proof from apostolic TEACHING and
Believe that
1 Cor 11:1 cannot be a RIDDLE .
"Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ," (1 Co 11:1) is a riddle?

Christ is the supreme example (1 Pe 2:21), Christ's apostle follows his example ("as I follow"), we are to follow the apostle's example.
That is pretty straight forward. Where is the riddle?

And as I have said many times that when ANYONE checks the Greek text of 1 Peter 3:21 that Greek word is NOT BAPTISM , but the Greek word BAPTISMA

# 2 And it CANNOT be WATER BAPTISM as the Greek word for WATER // HUDOR is NOT in that verse .
Baptisma is a dipping. . .

in Lk 12:50, Mt 10:38-39, it is into suffering; while

in Ac 19:5, Ro 6:3-4, 1 Co 1:13-17, 12:13, Gal 3:27, Col 2:12, 1 Pe 3:2, it is into water.

The English word is "baptism."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ," (1 Co 11:1) s a riddle?

Christ is the supreme example (1 Pe 2:21), Christ's apostle follows his example ("as I follow"), we are to follow the apostle's example.
That is pretty straight forward. Where is the riddle?

Baptisma is a dipping--in

in Lk 12:50, Mt 10:38-39, it is into suffering; and

in Ac 19:5, Ro 6:3-4, 1 Co 1:13-17, 12:13, Gal 3:27, Col 2:12, 1 Pe 3:2, it is into water.

The English word is "baptism."
And in Rom 6:3 it reads , Or are you IGNORANT // AGNOIA , that as many as were BAPTIZED // BAPTIZO into Christ were BAPTIZED // BAPTIZO into his DEATH !!

How then was anyone WATER BAPTIZED into Christ Jesus TODAY and how can anyone be BAPTIZED // BAPTIZO ionto his DEATH , TODAY ??

As today NO ONE has yet to answer that question !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And in Rom 6:3 it reads , Or are you IGNORANT // AGNOIA , that as many as were BAPTIZED // BAPTIZO into Christ were BAPTIZED // BAPTIZO into his DEATH !!

How then was anyone WATER BAPTIZED into Christ Jesus TODAY and how can anyone be BAPTIZED // BAPTIZO ionto his DEATH , TODAY ??

As today NO ONE has yet to answer that question !!
Baptism symbolizes (it does not effect) the results of saving faith; i.e., being buried with Christ into death (to sin) and rising with him to live a new (holy) life as the result of saving faith.
Baptism symbolizes our dying to sin as Christ died for sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Baptism symbolizes (it does not effect) the results of saving faith; i.e., being buried with Christ into death (to sin) and rising with him to live a new (holy) life as the result of saving faith.
Then how does those who want to say , it is ALL SYMBOLISM can escape any answer , seems to me ?

I guess that we all then say , Baptism symbolizes ( but does not effect the results of any things ) then is your answer , even that I happen to know that there many figures of speech and Ellipsis , oxymoron , and onnnnnnnnnnn.

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then how does those who want to say , it is ALL SYMBOLISM can escape any answer , seems to me ?

I guess that we all then say , Baptism symbolizes ( but does not effect the results of any things ) then is your answer , even that I happen to know that there many figures of speech and Ellipsis , oxymoron , and onnnnnnnnnnn.
It matters not what we all say, only what Scripture says (1 Pe 3:21) matters.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It matters not what we all say, only what Scripture says (1 Pe 3:21) matters.
So you then say that in 1 Peter 3:21 that the Greek word truly is BAPTISM // BAPTIZO means WATER BAPTISM , even those the Greek text reads BAPTISMA ?

And the Greek for WATER // is HUDOR and if anyone says it means WATER , they are ADDING to the word to the text !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you then say that in 1 Peter 3:21 that the Greek word truly is BAPTISM // BAPTIZO means WATER BAPTISM , even those the Greek text reads BAPTISMA ?

And the Greek for WATER // is HUDOR and if anyone says it means WATER , they are ADDING to the word to the text !!

dan p
Addressed in post #123.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Addressed in post #123.
Since we disagree , then all that read this OP , will just believe that what I have written from the bible is FOUND in the BIBLE , has to be true as I have quoted FROM the KJV with OUT SYMBOLS .

But I am glad that you replied , thanks you

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since we disagree , then all that read this OP , will just believe that what I have what I have written from the bible is FOUND in the BIBLE , has to be true as I have quoted FROM the KJV with OUT SYMBOLS .

But I am glad that you replied , thanks you

dan p
As they will believe the testimony of the Scriptures in post #123.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And if Baptism SYMBOLIZES , effect not the results , then one can say FAITH , can Symbolizes the filth of the flesh .

Sorry I am late , and writing an OP on the NEW COVENANT !

dan p

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟275,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Cyprian of Carthage

who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. - 1 Peter 3:20

"In the ark "says he, "of Noah, few, that is, eight souls, were saved by water, as also baptism shall in like manner save you.".
Peter also, showing this, set forth that the Church is one, and that only they who are in the Church can be baptized; and said, "In the ark of Noah, few, that is, eight souls, were saved by water; the like figure where-unto even baptism shall save you; "

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And if Baptism SYMBOLIZES , effect not the results , then one can say FAITH , can Symbolizes the filth of the flesh .
Keeping in mind that it matters not what one can say, only what the Bible says matters.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

However, my personal view of this prophetic riddle is that it is a promise of the Holy Spirit and new nature in the NT (as in Jn 3:5), where Eze 36:26 is fulfilled in Heb 10:6, 2 Co 3:3, etc.

Baptism, does not save, 1 Pe 3:21 is to tell us that baptism is a type, symbol of what does save; i.e., death, burial and resurrection of/in Christ (Ro 6:3-7).
Then , you believe that Eze 36:26-27 are RIDDLES ?

Is 1 Cor 11:1 a RIDDLE ??

Is Acts 9::5 which are the words of Jesus , a RIDDLE ?

I see that you quote Rom 6:3 , Or are you IGNORANT , that as many were BAPTIZED into Christ Jesus were BAPTIZED into his DEATH >

So how can a LIVE person be WATER BAPTIZED into Christ Jesus were WATER BAPTIZED into His DEATH ?

Or this that a RIDDLE TO ?

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was God lying when he said that he gave prophecy in dark sayings, sentences, speeches (riddles) in Nu 12:8?
The only place where the word riddle is found is in Eze 17:2-8 and is the Hebrew word RIDDLE // HIDA , H2420 in STRONG'S DICTIONARY a noun in the SLINGER and in the ABSOLUTE .

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Cyprian of Carthage

who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. - 1 Peter 3:20

"In the ark "says he, "of Noah, few, that is, eight souls, were saved by water, as also baptism shall in like manner save you.".
Peter also, showing this, set forth that the Church is one, and that only they who are in the Church can be baptized; and said, "In the ark of Noah, few, that is, eight souls, were saved by water; the like figure where-unto even baptism shall save you; "
There is a double figure here. The flood symbolizes baptism, and baptism symbolizes salvation.

The text of 1 Pe 3:20-21 reads: ". . .the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, an ark being prepared in which a few, this is eight souls, were quite saved through water. Which figure (baptism is a figure/symbol of Christ's death, burial and resurrection which saves) also now saves us, that is baptism, not a putting away of the filth of the flesh, but an answer of a good conscience toward God through the resurrection of Jesus Christ."

The flood symbolized baptism which baptism symbolizes Christ's death (judgment), burial and resurrection which saves.

The flood is a symbol of baptism in that in both instances the water that spoke of judgment (in the flood, the death of the wicked; in baptism the death of Christ and the believer, Ro 6:2-4) is the water that saves.
Baptism is a symbol of salvation in that it depicts Christ's death, burial and resurrection and our identification with him in these experiences.

"Also now saves us," in the context of the rest of the NT, means saved by what baptism symbolizes--Christ's death and resurrection (Ro 6:2-4).
This using of the symbol to refer to the reality is, as I understand it, what the Catholic church calls "sacramental union."

"answer of a good conscience toward God" is a commitment on the part of the believer in all good conscience to make sure that what baptism symbolizes in Ro 6:2-4 will become a reality in his life; i.e., that as Christ died for sin, so the believer will die to sin.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The only place where the word riddle is found is in Eze 17:2-8 and is the Hebrew word RIDDLE // HIDA , H2420 in STRONG'S DICTIONARY a noun in the SLINGER and in the ABSOLUTE .

dan p
Nu 12:8 is translated as "dark sayings" (instead of "riddles") in the KJV.

Last edited:
Upvote 0