Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Verses present in the new testament does not mean by itself that they are under the new covenant.

Under the new covenant there are no conditions as all have been fulfilled by Jesus on the cross. Giving is only a sign of this truth.

IfGod opens the Windows of heaven and rebukes the devourer because of tithe giving, then Jesus died in vain!

Explain the New covenant.

Do Christians come under oppression by the dark powers of Satan?
If so how do we ward off the destructive forces against us?
How do we resist the devil ?
Did Jesus say that he has done away with tithing?
What did Jesus die for?
By what logical means would a Church fund it's self?
Does the New testament say those who minister to the Temple live from the Temple?
Where does the funding come from to have a mission or build a Church?
If we gave to God's Work every week and we're not Blessed by it ,could we ever increase our giving?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yes, according to Romans 12:2, God transforms our mind to know that God's provision is proactive and not based on human giving.

Exactly our minds are transformed from earthly to Spiritual desires, and wondering if giving to God with expectation is having Faith in God.

If a person says, "God will repay me only if I give", doesn't that person trust in his giving? Yes, he does, right?

Corinthians 9:6-8
Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed.

Once again the truth is right before you ,will you receive it or deny it?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

What did Jesus die for?
Does the New testament say those who minister to the Temple live from the Temple?
If we gave to God's Work every week and we're not Blessed by it ,could we ever increase our giving?

Blessings based on the (blood) work of Jesus.

They do. Because they do not know what the Lord has accomplished on the cross in Colossians 2: 15

By the knowledge of Colossians 2:15.

By the knowledge of Hebrews 2: 14, 15.

This question gets repeated. The issue is not tithing but claiming, "Tithing brings repayment" rather than claim, "Financial abundance comes from God through the works of His Son on the cross".

By the knowledge of what Jesus accomplished on the cross.

New covenant says that those who minister in the temple live by the abundant provision already given by God through the works of His Son on the cross. Temple also lives by the same principle.

From God through His Son. People are not the source. God is.

Ephesians 1:3 definitely yields abundance. If the abundance delays, the Lord has the answer. Trying to solve the issue of delay by increased giving appears like trying to bypass the works that Jesus did on the cross.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Corinthians 9:6-8
Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed.

Once again the truth is right before you ,will you receive it or deny it?

2 Corinthians 8:9 "For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich".

Abundance comes from the Lord who took our poverty and never from our giving.

Giving is a response of His grace through us and which follows the abundance and not to earn the abundance.

Only Jesus can earn or repay God's love. Man cannot.

2 Corinthians 11:
17 That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting.
18 Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also.

2 Corinthians 12: 11 I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.

Apostles are indeed men of weaknesses, right?

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If a person says, "God will repay me only if I give", doesn't that person trust in his giving? Yes, he does, right?

Yes, THAT person may trust in his giving... but again, as I say, " I don't trust in my giving. I trust (in Him)... who is the GIVER.

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

They do. Because they do not know what the Lord has accomplished on the cross in Colossians 2: 15

This question gets repeated. The issue is not tithing but claiming, "Tithing brings repayment" rather than claim, "Financial abundance comes from God through the works of His Son on the cross".

New covenant says that those who minister in the temple live by the abundant provision already given by God through the works of His Son on the cross. Temple also lives by the same principle.

Ephesians 1:3 definitely yields abundance. If the abundance delays, the Lord has the answer. Trying to solve the issue of delay by increased giving appears like trying to bypass the works that Jesus did on the cross.

Hey Si_monfaith....
smiley-talk0111_zps1c801d6f.gif
Now this!... is what we want to see. Fuller posts, and not just the usual... "one liners."
wink1_zpsyuiaans1.gif

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Yes, THAT person may trust in his giving... but again, as I say, " I don't trust in my giving. I trust (in Him)... who is the GIVER.

The issue isn't "that person" or "you" or "I". Instead the issue is the statement, "God will repay me only if I give".

If one believes or makes the above statement, he indeed trusts in his giving.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Absouluty adding your own twist to the Word.
I'm not surprised I hope we can agree one day.
God bless you

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I would like to present a picture of faith for finances.

Matthew 17: 24. And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? 25. He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? 26. Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. 27. Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

We know that Christ who is God set aside his Devine nature and walked as a man.
We know upon being Baptized the Holy Spirit descended on him.
We know after being tempted by Satan He began his walk for mankind.
What we may not know is in the passage in Matthew is a picture of Hebrews 11 vs 1

Hebrews 11: 1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

In the account in Matthew Jesus had a need for money for a tribute tax.
By faith he tells Peter to catch a fish.
Peter must have thought he was going to have to work hard and catch a big one to pay this bill.
Jesus knew better by Faith,because faith is the substance of things hoped for.
That fish could have been out swimming for a year before the event looking for a shiny coin.
You could not see that fish and what it was doing.
But when it was caught with a coin in its mouth ,that was the evidence of things not seen.
All our needs wants and desires are out there,and the only way we will see them is by faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Absouluty adding your own twist to the Word.
I'm not surprised I hope we can agree one day.
God bless you

Where is the twist?

Twists exist when one brings in conditions to the promises when Jesus has fulfilled all conditions on the cross.

Galatians 3:
3 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Regarding agreement:

Galatians 4:
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

Upvote 0