Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You have selected an example of man's response and projected it on to God's nature.

God does not compensate in that manner. If it is His will to compensate you based on your work of love, you will get lesser than if He wills to compensate you based on the work of love of His Son on the cross.

Hope you would suggest this truth to the ministries which claim, "Your compensation depends on your giving".

God will compensate in whatever manner He chooses and His choices will always be, yes... and Amen! As I read Handmaid for Jesus' post, it was her work of Love (shinning through)... because of her Love of Jesus Christ who "resides" (in her). Her work of Love (in Him) through faith is from her new nature that always pleases God.

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No they don't. Respectfully you just don't understand. Here it is in parable (mine)
I come to your house to repair a door, but, I don't charge you any money. I just do it as a loving gesture, nor expecting money. Someone sees my gift to you and decides "that is nice. I will compensate her." and pays me more than I would have charged.
Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

... and that is what Christianity is all about. We don't (really) have to expect from God when our FOCUS is on Him. He just gives back. He can't help it. It's His nature, and get this... We can't help it either (to also give)... for WE have His nature in us.
write1_zpsonnpwoea.gif

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The issue is not about giving but giving by trusting in the works of giving. The latter has no scriptural basis under the new covenant.

Once. Again read the promises of God ,it's not my
Point of view it's God's promises and they are yes and amen.
It doesn't matter how we feel it is what it is God said it and I believe it.

• Agree
Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
God tells us to prove him,that when we tithe he will open the windows of heaven and poor out a blessing our store houses cannot hold,He will rebuke the devourer for or sake.
You have a I don't think it's right theology so tell it to God.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
... and that is what Christianity is all about. We don't (really) have to expect from God when our FOCUS is on Him. He just gives back. He can't help it. It's His nature, and get this... We can't help it either (to also give)... for WE have His nature in us.
write1_zpsonnpwoea.gif

True but when his Word is right before our eyes it's hard to mess it up.
You cannot explain spiritual truths to someone who doesn't believe what is obvious in verse.

I want my old job back !
You can pull your hair out my friend.
I can't stand circular arguments and twisting of scripture so, goodbye. Enjoy. Be blessed.
I can't stand circular arguments and twisting of scripture so, goodbye. Enjoy. Be blessed.

Come on handmaid it's been nice to have you here, you get it and have a solid grasp on God's Word.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and... Grace is "God's part" which is freely given to us and (only) received, by... "our part" of applying faith (in Him) as being a positive response to what He has already provided by grace. I give to give again and God constantly gives back so I continue to give again. It is grace through faith that work together, and they must be in balance.

Absolutely... "and as He is, so are we ---> (in Him)."

Your opinion on "the ministries" is very broad brushed (especially)... "for such a time as this." We ALL should be wearing signs that say, "He's still working on me." I do... and I have heard many of these ministries say exactly that, and I would hope you have also.

Your posts are appreciated Si_monfaith. Thought provoking, Yes!... for we ALL are to... "Study to show thyself approved" unto God, a workman who needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15).

"our part" of applying faith (in Him) as being a positive response

1 Corinthians 15: 10 talks about application. Grace does the application through us.

Philippians 1: 29: "For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him".
Here again we see where even the application is a given.

Your opinion on "the ministries" is very broad brushed

Ministries are made up of individuals. Sanctification from "if I give God will give me. His giving is not based solely on His Son", is for all. Daniel 4: 17: "to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men" (emphasis mine).
Thus we get by His will and not our will.

"and as He is, so are we

Does "So are we" mean we can start trusting in our giving in order to earn a repayment?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
write1_zpsonnpwoea.gif

He just gives back.

I think God acts rather than react. Which means He has given us in His Son already.
Ephesians 1: 3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Our giving is just a testimony to the above.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Once. Again read the promises of God ,it's not my
Point of view it's God's promises and they are yes and amen.
It doesn't matter how we feel it is what it is God said it and I believe it.

Verses present in the new testament does not mean by itself that they are under the new covenant.

Under the new covenant there are no conditions as all have been fulfilled by Jesus on the cross. Giving is only a sign of this truth.

IfGod opens the Windows of heaven and rebukes the devourer because of tithe giving, then Jesus died in vain!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
God will compensate in whatever manner He chooses and His choices will always be, yes... and Amen! As I read Handmaid for Jesus' post, it was her work of Love (shinning through)... because of her Love of Jesus Christ who "resides" (in her). Her work of Love (in Him) through faith is from her new nature that always pleases God.

As I read Handmaid for Jesus' post, it was her work of Love (shinning through)... because of her Love of Jesus Christ who "resides" (in her)

The issue is not the work of love but the basis of repayment.

God will compensate in whatever manner He chooses and His choices will always be, yes... and Amen!

Acts 17:30: And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Now, doesn't God want us to know that under the new covenant the repayment is only based on the work of love of His Son on the cross?

work of Love (in Him) through faith is from her new nature that always pleases God.

Nature (spirit) is new. But shouldn't the mind know the new covenant basis of repayment?

Is God pleased when people trust in their giving rather than the giving of Jesus on the cross for us to be repaid abundantly?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The law of sowing and reaping is still in effect. You reap what you sow. Redemption just removes the devourer. Redemption removes the curse. You still have to plant seeds in the garden. You still have to water the seeds and harvest the crop.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
The law of sowing and reaping is still in effect. You reap what you sow. Redemption just removes the devourer. Redemption removes the curse. You still have to plant seeds in the garden. You still have to water the seeds and harvest the crop.

Does redemption only just remove the devourer and the curse?

Hasn't redemption provided all blessings already? Ephesians 1: 3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

God told Adam to sow not to provide for himself but because he already had all abundant provisions. Adam was told to sow to express the talents God gave him.

All works & giving, express the God given talents.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
It is indeed odd that so many of those who oppose prosperity are, well, prosperous.

God gave Nebuchadnezzar a kingdom but not the knowledge and understanding (that the kingdom was indeed given by God's will and not his will and efforts).

Then he lost the kingdom temporarily.

Then God restored the kingdom after times and seasons and after He gave the above knowledge and understanding.

Similarly those who are prosperous will be given the required knowledge (that prosperity is given by His will and not their will and efforts), if they are God's elect.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
1 Corinthians 15: 10 talks about application. Grace does the application through us.

Philippians 1: 29: "For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him".
Here again we see where even the application is a given.

Ministries are made up of individuals. Sanctification from "if I give God will give me. His giving is not based solely on His Son", is for all. Daniel 4: 17: "to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men" (emphasis mine). Thus we get by His will and not our will.

Yes, Grace is provided by God and given to whomsoever... (will apply Faith to receive.) I think were on the same page.
Hyper-Alert_zpskgqhpdvs.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Nature (spirit) is new. But shouldn't the mind know the new covenant basis of repayment?

Yes, but it's not automatic if that's what your suggesting. Our nature (spirit) is new, but are mind is still the same and constantly NEEDs to be... (you already know that, huh?)

Romans 12:2
...not conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Is God pleased when people trust in their giving rather than the giving of Jesus on the cross for us to be repaid abundantly?

God is pleased when FAITH is applied to His abundant Grace. It has never been suggested that we put our trust in our giving. As mentioned several times... Our trust is (in Him)... (you already knew that also, right?)

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Yes, Grace is provided by God and given to whomsoever... (will apply Faith to receive.) I think were on the same page.

will apply Faith to receive

I think the point is not grace being provided by God and given to whomsoever but as to who applies faith (to receive) through us.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but it's not automatic if that's what your suggesting. Our nature (spirit) is new, but are mind is still the same and constantly NEEDs to be... (you already know that, huh?)

Romans 12:2
...not conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

God is pleased when FAITH is applied to His abundant Grace. It has never been suggested that we put our trust in our giving. As mentioned several times... Our trust is (in Him)... (you already knew that also, right?)

but are mind is still the same and constantly NEEDs to be...

Yes, according to Romans 12:2, God transforms our mind to know that God's provision is proactive and not based on human giving.

It has never been suggested that we put our trust in our giving

If a person says, "God will repay me only if I give", doesn't that person trust in his giving? Yes, he does, right?

Upvote 0