timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The teachings on prosperity and healing! Not to take anything less than God's word for truth!
It's amazing how many people will not accept healing or prosperity
teachings

It's okay to be prosperous and generate lots of wealth.....

But since we don't really own anything, everything belongs to God... And since God is merciful to the poor and our brothers and sisters in desperate need...

What should we be doing with **His** wealth? :)

a) Buy big house and thank God for it
b) Buy big SUV and thank God for it
c) Live a good life and thank God for it, use it as testimony to attract unbelievers to Christianity
d) Sacrifice a) to c) to be able to help our brothers and sisters in desperate need and for the cause of Christ

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It's okay to be prosperous and generate lots of wealth.....

But since we don't really own anything, everything belongs to God... And since God is merciful to the poor and our brothers and sisters in desperate need...

What should we be doing with **His** wealth? :)

a) Buy big house and thank God for it
b) Buy big SUV and thank God for it
c) Live a good life and thank God for it, use it as testimony to attract unbelievers to Christianity
d) Sacrifice a) to c) to be able to help our brothers and sisters in desperate need and for the cause of Christ
Is it unlawful for a Christian to keep (not share) the wealth he has?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Someone years ago labeled the Word of Faith Ministry as a "Name it and claim it" or a "Prosperity teaching".

They were people who did not then, and do not now, believe Miracles are for today, nor the gifts of the Spirit.

Therefore they believe it ONLY to be a Prosperity Teaching., writing it off as false, without ever investigating what it actually is, but believing all the while it is false......sad.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
A better question would be, is it spiritual for a person to keep their wealth?
Ok but you will have to answer it, because I don't know what it is your trying to say. "is it Spiritual to keep your wealth?"

Then answer my question as asked.
"Is it unlawful for a Christian to keep (not share) the wealth he has?"

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok but you will have to answer it, because I don't know what it is your trying to say. "is it Spiritual to keep your wealth?"

Is it lawful to live in a mansion while people starve to death in this world? I would say its unwise for sure.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Is it lawful to live in a mansion while people starve to death in this world? I would say its unwise for sure.

If you gave away your mansion ,lived in a van down by the river,would you make a difference to the poor?
God is limitless ,and you cannot out give him.
Jesus said the poor will always be with us,how can we judge what is righteous in material wealth?
Have you ever watch a poor person spent their money on lottery tickets?
That's their hope.
Our hope is so much more and will come to pass by faith in God.
God has promised prosperity to his children,don't knock those who have faith enough to believe q

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If you gave away your mansion ,lived in a van down by the river,would you make a difference to the poor?

You can move to a small, cheap house instead of a van.....

You don't have to quit your job either....We need resources to help our poor brothers and sisters in Christ obviously!

My 0.2 :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God is limitless ,and you cannot out give him.
Jesus said the poor will always be with us,how can we judge what is righteous in material wealth?
Have you ever watch a poor person spent their money on lottery tickets?
That's their hope.
Our hope is so much more and will come to pass by faith in God.
God has promised prosperity to his children,don't knock those who have faith enough to believe q
Yes, i have heard that you cannot out give God. Its a WOF slogan. However if thats true then why do we have so many poor folks in this world? Cant you keep giving and receiving from God untill no one is poor?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,905.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, i have heard that you cannot out give God. Its a WOF slogan. However if thats true then why do we have so many poor folks in this world? Cant you keep giving and receiving from God untill no one is poor?
I think I understand your point of view. But try to understand what WOF is saying. Look at what happened here.
Matt. 26:6 Now when Jesus was in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper,

7 There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

8 But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste?

9 For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor.

10 When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me.

11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

Lord Jesus' point is even if you sell everything you have to give to the poor, the poor will ALWAYS be. There will not be a time where there will not be poor people.People think Lord Jesus was poor. Lord Jesus commanded the fish to give Him tax money! Now if Lord Jesus says there will always be poor people, then there will always be poor people. Now people with mansions can give to the poor and keep their mansion. And most of them are philanthropists. I noticed when Mother Theresa was alive, she went around helping the poor, doing what she could. But guess what, when she died, there were still the poor. Something els I noticed, even though she took a poverty vow, she rode in limousines , stayed in the finest hotels, rode first class air whenever she traveled. That is grace and favor. I feel like this, if God has favored you enough the bless you with a mansion,you are not to despise your blessing just because there are poor people. Just my 2 pennies.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think I understand your point of view. But try to understand what WOF is saying. Look at what happened here.
Matt. 26:6 Now when Jesus was in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper,

7 There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

8 But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste?

9 For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor.

10 When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me.

11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

Lord Jesus' point is even if you sell everything you have to give to the poor, the poor will ALWAYS be. There will not be a time where there will not be poor people.People think Lord Jesus was poor. Lord Jesus commanded the fish to give Him tax money! Now if Lord Jesus says there will always be poor people, then there will always be poor people. Now people with mansions can give to the poor and keep their mansion. And most of them are philanthropists. I noticed when Mother Theresa was alive, she went around helping the poor, doing what she could. But guess what, when she died, there were still the poor. Something els I noticed, even though she took a poverty vow, she rode in limousines , stayed in the finest hotels, rode first class air whenever she traveled. That is grace and favor. I feel like this, if God has favored you enough the bless you with a mansion,you are not to despise your blessing just because there are poor people. Just my 2 pennies.
I disagree. You are speculating about the intent of the Lords word. You assume something that is not written there. Perhaps the Lord knew that in the end times people would be lovers of money. That is written in the scriptures.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Its a simple question.
.If it's such a simple question why don't you stop dodging it and just answer it.
This was your statement, your the only one who knows what it was you meant by it.

I asked a question, and you thought what you had to say was better, so what did you mean?

Upvote 0

scottmcc2

Isa 53:1 Whose report will you believe?
Aug 2, 2017
Kansas City MO
✟17,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Is it unlawful for a Christian to keep (not share) the wealth he has?Is it unlawful for a Christian to keep (not share) the wealth he has?

What and how much is wealth?

I remember when I was in Mexico and a few people came by to say good bye. I had a large back pack and a duffel bag. I put all my stuff in there and was getting ready to leave.

A man said to me. I have never seen a single guy with so much stuff!

I would tell the people in Mexico how big a normal house was for a middle class person. They were shocked. Wealth is a frame of reference.

Give in faith.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
.If it's such a simple question why don't you stop dodging it and just answer it.
This was your statement, your the only one who knows what it was you meant by it.

I asked a question, and you thought what you had to say was better, so what did you mean?
Forgive me, but your words are confusing. I answered your question with my own question. Neither of us have answered, i think.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

What is spiritual? It is walking in the spirit, in unpolluted truth, in love, and is seeking the kingdom of God. Seeking the kingdom however is not about living the lifestyle of the rich and famous.

Upvote 0