What holidays do you think should be forbidden for a Christian to participate in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course I did. Why even question my faith?

Well, I do not subscribe to your words here. I am merely trying to understand how you think that fantasizing about sinful things that God hates like reading Harry Potter books or dressing up as a witch is something Jesus would want you to do as a part of your faith in following Him. When did Jesus ever promote witchcraft or say that fantasizing about sinful things was okay? On the contrary, Jesus taught that sinful thoughts are just as condemning as the physical act (See again Matthew 5:27-30).

• Agree
Reactions: Trumpeter2
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course it's what you are saying, you're posting it here. You're just interpreting it incorrectly. Twisting the word of God actually.

Please show us where he twisted Scripture.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's a difference between those wack jobs (no offense), and those that simply go trick or treating once a year that aren't even wiccans nor practice it either.

No. Revelation 21:8 still condemns sorcery within the New Testament. So are you saying that God is condemning something that does not exist?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Trumpeter2

Servant of God and His Christ
Oct 10, 2017
Alberta
✟23,858.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please show us where he twisted Scripture.
I interpret scripture at face value unless it indicates otherwise like a parable.

2Pe 1:20 - knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I interpret scripture at face value unless it indicates otherwise like a parable.

2Pe 1:20 - knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation
How do you know yours isn’t a private interpretation?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
How do you ensure your presuppositions aren’t clouding your interpretations?

Upvote 0

Trumpeter2

Servant of God and His Christ
Oct 10, 2017
Alberta
✟23,858.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you ensure your presuppositions aren’t clouding your interpretations?
As I told you I interpret at face value, hence no interpretation, what it says is what it is, so I don’t have to worry about presuppositions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
As I told you I interpret at face value, hence no interpretation, what it says is what it is, so I don’t have to worry about presuppositions.
Yeah. Okay.

Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is utter insanity of some that is try to make a Holy Day out of a Pagan Holiday. Trying to share a wican/pagan holiday with them with your own version of it is crazy.

HALLOWEEN DID NOT ORIGINATE FROM ALL SAINTS DAY, which was much later in the calendar in the 1500's, the Pagan Celtic Festival was occurring way before it.

Encyclopaedia Britannica,
In ancient Britain and Ireland, the Celtic Festival of Samhain was observed on October 31, at the end of summer…. The souls of the dead were supposed to revisit their homes on this day and the autumnal festival acquired sinister significance, with ghosts, witches, goblins, black cats, fairies and demons of all kinds said to be roaming about. It was the time to placate the supernatural powers controlling the processes of nature. In addition, Halloween was thought to be the most favorable time for divinations concerning marriage, luck, health, and death. It was the only day on which the help of the devil was invoked for such purposes.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The insanity is trying to make some Christians lesser if the take their kids trick or treating.
Its still partaking in a rebadged with some modification pagan holiday, just buy them some candy. Might as well take em to a gay pride parade too and say to just enjoy the decorations and floats and ignore everything else, as it is the same thing that is pretty much being done with Halloween.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Its still partaking in a rebadged with some modification pagan holiday, just buy them some candy. Might as well take em to a gay pride parade too and say to just enjoy the decorations and floats and ignore everything else, as it is the same thing that is pretty much being done with Halloween.
Mkay.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jhn 10:27 -

“My sheep hear my voice, I know them, and they follow me.

"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:2

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To all:

Romans 12:2 says,
"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

How is partaking in Halloween not being conformed to this world?
Is not Halloween a thing of this world invented by men?
Does not Halloween display sinful things?
Common sense says we are not to imitate darkness or partake in what the world does that is appears to be dark and sinful.

Romans 12:2 says prove what is good, and acceptable and perfect will of God is.
Is it the will of God for you to celebrate things God hates?
I would say not.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.