What holidays do you think should be forbidden for a Christian to participate in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To all:

If Halloween is so innocent, imagine if every day was Halloween. Would you not care about your neighborhood looking like the devil's play pen 365 days a year. Personally, I would rather praise God and read His Word in the beauty of his creation amongst nature. But to surround yourself with evil and to partake in a festival that is known for displaying evil and sinful things is to raise the question: How can I be a part of something that displays certain sins every year (that God hates) as being okay with me? For I am not a follower of the light of Jesus Christ and His rightoeus ways? Scripture says I am to abhor evil. How am I exactly abhoring evil if my actions suggest that I have no problem with that particular evil?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:2

This is talking about hypocritical judgment.

2 Timothy 3:16 says we can correct others with the Word of God.
Paul says, know ye not that ye shall judge angels? (1 Corinthians 6:3).
Paul says have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather, reprove them (Ephesians 5:11).

• Agree
Reactions: Trumpeter2
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I know. :oldthumbsup:

But regardless of how you personally think any of us live (whether it be good or bad), the Word of God is still true in regards to it saying that we are not conform to this world. For Romans 12:2 says we are not to conform to this world. Halloween is one of the things that is conforming to this world. Surely you must see that, no? If Halloween is not something that is of this world, then where did it come from?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The world uses the web for inappropriate content. We are using the web. Therefore, we are conforming to the world and may as well be looking at inappropriate content.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But regardless of how you personally think any of us live (whether it be good or bad), the Word of God is still true in regards to it saying that we are not conform to this world. For Romans 12:2 says we are not to conform to this world. Halloween is one of the things that is conforming to this world. Surely you must see that, no? If Halloween is not something that is of this world, then where did it come from?
If only the outside of our cups were as shiny as yours. :bow:

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let me give you an example: If a believer today lived during the time of Noah, and they heard Noah preach, they may think he was a little nutty. How so? Well, Noah was a preacher of righteousness. But imagine the believer today who does not think twice in celebrating a holiday that displays evil and sinful things existing during the times of Noah. Imagine this believer listening to Noah preach about righteousness. He would think Noah was nuts because he would say that nobody in the whole world was living righteously. It is true. Only 8 people were saved on the Ark and found righteous. The rest of the world lived wickedly and they were destroyed in the global flood. 2 Peter 2:5-6 says that the global flood was an example to all who should live ungodly thereafter. This means that this message applies today!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Don't look to me, look to God. I am merely your fellow servant. So stand up and bow only to God.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Trumpeter2

Servant of God and His Christ
Oct 10, 2017
Alberta
✟23,858.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:2
Eze 33:7 - “So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me.
Eze 33:8 - “When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you shall surely die!’ and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand.
Eze 33:9 - “Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

Upvote 0

Trumpeter2

Oct 10, 2017
Alberta
✟23,858.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what message are you trying to convey by posting this verse?
Heb 4:12 - For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Don't look to me, look to God. I am merely your fellow servant. So stand up and bow only to God.

sarcasm-big-bang-theory.jpg

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Heb 4:12 - For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
So again, what are you trying to convey by these two verses?

I don’t want to just assume your intent.

Upvote 0

Trumpeter2

Oct 10, 2017
Alberta
✟23,858.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So again, what are you trying to convey by these two verses?

I don’t want to just assume your intent.
The verses speak for themselves, don’t go trying to interpret them.
They say what they mean and mean what they say.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To all:

Halloween is immediately associated with things of darkness like witchcraft, murderers, monsters, ghosts, devils, and the fear of evil things. The whole of Halloween is centered around this dark theme. One cannot celebrate Halloween in a good way and say they are separate from others who are celebrating Halloween in a wrong way. If one celebrates Halloween, they are associated with this holiday of darkness because that is the only thing that it is primarily known for. For nobody thinks Halloween is a happy looking holiday that is only filled with angel wings and heaven. There is no such thing. Halloween is not celebrated in such a fashion in any city like that. Things like TV, the radio, a car, the internet, books are nuetral things. They are not inherently evil in themselves or a concept all by itself. One can go into a book store and not see books on only evil things alone. They are not known primarily for being evil or promoting evil things in of themselves just because they exist. A book can be a book with blank pages and it is not evil. The internet existed in an early form known as ARPANET in the early 60's. But it existed as a source of communication and information before the world wide web came into being. The TV, and the internet are used for education, communication, shopping, and entertainment, etc. Like a knife, it can be used for great good or for great evil. It is merely a tool. People do not generally regard a TV or the internet as being used for only bad reasons. There is much good that TV's and the internet does today in the lives of many Christians who are dedicated to the Lord. When a person buys a computer, it does not come with special attachments that cater to their sins. When a person signs up with an internet service provider, they do not ask you how they can help you to further your sinful vices. Computers are not designed to look evil in most cases and internet service provider companies are not displaying evil things to sell you their internet service 365 days out of the year. So no; Things like a TV, a radio, a car, or the internet are in no way like a holiday like Halloween (that is primarily known for displaying darkness and sinful things). For one, Halloween's origins does not allow for it to be innocent. Two, there are no cities in America that celebrate Halloween with a strict code of making it a heavenly looking holiday only instead of looking like an evil holiday.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The verses speak for themselves, don’t go trying to interpret them.
They say what they mean and mean what they say.
I know that. What I’m wanting to know is the reason you feel you need to post them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Halloween is immediately associated with things of darkness like witchcraft, murderers, monsters, ghosts, devils, and the fear of evil things.
You should speak for yourself. You should use “I feel” statements. That’s better than trying to speak for everyone.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit brought them to mind.
That still doesn’t answer the question. You’ve had no problem stating your views before. Why so reluctant now?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
But I did.
I’m being obedient to The Holy Spirit.
Well, you may want to check back on with Him. He’s wanting to to post verses out of context which could lead to misunderstanding. For instance, it appears that you are saying I’m not one of the sheep. That’s a violation at CF. I’m sure He doesn’t want to to go against the rules you’ve said you’d abide by when posting here.

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.