Anyone wish they were in Spain during Holy Week?

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
If I'm not mistaken, I think Holy Week is taken quite seriously in Spain. I kind of wish I were there to see their processions. I also heard that many businesses are closed during that Week because the Week is considered a holiday. I would love to be in an environment where the whole Week is considered a holiday. Sigh.

If I'm wrong about everything, so be it, but ever since I learned about Holy Week in America, I felt that the lifestyle here is not compatible with what Holy Week recommends of us.

Reactions: WarriorAngel

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If I'm not mistaken, I think Holy Week is taken quite seriously in Spain. I kind of wish I were there to see their processions. I also heard that many businesses are closed during that Week because the Week is considered a holiday. I would love to be in an environment where the whole Week is considered a holiday. Sigh.

If I'm wrong about everything, so be it, but ever since I learned about Holy Week in America, I felt that the lifestyle here is not compatible with what Holy Week recommends of us.

Well, I've never been to Spain,
But I kind of like the music.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Holy Week in Seville is one of Spain’s most impressive, picturesque Catholic traditions.

The faithful and members of some 70 community-based brotherhoods and confraternities prepare each year to be part of a grand display, an expression of the piety of the people of southern Spain that every year attracts visitors from around the world.

During the processions, floats featuring sacred images traverse the city, accompanied by songs of the Lenten season, marching bands, and penitents.

Continued below.

Upvote 0