7sForDays

Irregular Member
Apr 23, 2014
✟1,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So what exactly will happen to the earth and the universe when Jesus returns? Scripture would be helpful!

God Bless

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Continue reading Rev from there.

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

So what exactly will happen to the earth and the universe when Jesus returns? Scripture would be helpful!

God Bless

The earth will return to how it was .....

In The Beginning.....God's Plan: The 3rd Earth Age

So following The Millennium & Judgment Day this earth (and heaven) get rejuvenated and renewed and the eternity with God will most definitely be heaven on earth! There will be no sin, no sorrow, and no more death.

Luke 12:4-5 And I say unto you My friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear Him.

Following Judgment Day and those who were blotted out there will be no more fear or turmoil.

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

II Peter 3:5-13 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heaven and the earth which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

These verses start in the 1st earth age and then cover the katabole (this is not talking about Noah's Flood here as the earth was not destroyed in his flood, but Satan's overthrow) ( Became Void & Without Form / Became Void & Without Form Part 2 / Why The 2nd Earth Age / Satan's Overthrow); and then takes us through the 2nd earth age, the 7th Trump, the Millennium, Judgment Day and the 1st day of 3rd Earth Age. The earth will not be destroyed and a new one created for the 3rd and final earth/heaven age, but it will be rejuvenated and put back perfect (north axis and all). All the evil rudiments (elements) destroyed (not the earth itself).

Very Effective Knowledge In Scripture: In The Beginning.....God's Plan: The 3rd Earth Age

Upvote 0
J

Jerico Miles

God Bless

During the days of Noah, it was by water. This time will be by fire.

2 Peter 3:10-18 - ERV
10) But the day when the Lord comes again will surprise everyone like the coming of a thief. The sky will disappear with a loud noise. Everything in the sky will be destroyed with fire. And the earth and everything in it will be burned up. 11) Everything will be destroyed in this way. So what kind of people should you be? Your lives should be holy and devoted to God. 12) You should be looking forward to the day of God, wanting more than anything else for it to come soon. When it comes, the sky will be destroyed with fire, and everything in the sky will melt with heat. 13) But God made a promise to us. And we are waiting for what he promised—a new sky and a new earth. That will be the place where goodness lives.

14) Dear friends, we are waiting for this to happen. So try as hard as you can to be without sin and without fault. Try to be at peace with God. 15) Remember that we are saved because our Lord is patient. Our dear brother Paul told you that same thing when he wrote to you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16) That’s what he says in all his letters when he writes about these things. There are parts of his letters that are hard to understand, and some people give a wrong meaning to them. These people are ignorant and weak in faith. They also give wrong meanings to the other Scriptures. But they are destroying themselves by doing that.

17) Dear friends, you already know about this. So be careful. Don’t let these evil people lead you away by the wrong they do. Be careful that you do not fall from your strong faith. 18) But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Glory be to him, now and forever! Amen.

After the millennium, a new heaven and a new earth with no more water.

Revelation 21:1 - ERV
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The first heaven and the first earth had disappeared. Now there was no sea.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

It depends in part on what you choose to believe really..

Correction to this statement of mine.. What exactly happens does not depend on what you or I believe.. but rather the truth of course.. although what I tried to say is that you're basically going to see things as either millennial or amillennial.

That was dumb, I just erase my reply..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
ForJesus,
at least two large schools of thought differ on the question of how much and what kind of OT promise still exists and still needs fulfillment. You find a thread here at this forum that alludes to that "prophecies still unquestionably unfulfilled" etc.

The NT uses the OT 2500 times. It would take the average working person at least a year to see what is really going on with the 2500 (some of us have had the privilege of several years set aside when younger to have full time study). Then there is the question of whether this is the right question, or a necessary one.

If you got all done going through the 2500 and realized the NT doesn't seem to care about the land of Israel being restored--which means the worship system of Judaism, etc.--then you might see that that question (is a certain prophecy still unfulfilled?) doesn't matter. What matters is the message and mission of the NT--the Gospel of grace in our Lord Jesus Christ.

I can tell you this: one of these schools majors on particular prophetic lines NOT mentioned by the NT. What does that tell you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

God Bless
When Jesus Christ returns, He will save the human race from annihilation and He will replenish the Earth so that it will be livable again. A hailstorm of atomic weapons will pretty much destroy it.
The Earth will NOT go boom.
There will NOT be a New Heaven or a New Earth - yet.
Mankind will live on this planet in peace and harmony for, at least, 1000 years.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
ForJesus,
at least two large schools of thought differ on the question of how much and what kind of OT promise still exists and still needs fulfillment. You find a thread here at this forum that alludes to that "prophecies still unquestionably unfulfilled" etc.

The NT uses the OT 2500 times. It would take the average working person at least a year to see what is really going on with the 2500 (some of us have had the privilege of several years set aside when younger to have full time study). Then there is the question of whether this is the right question, or a necessary one.

If you got all done going through the 2500 and realized the NT doesn't seem to care about the land of Israel being restored--which means the worship system of Judaism, etc.--then you might see that that question (is a certain prophecy still unfulfilled?) doesn't matter. What matters is the message and mission of the NT--the Gospel of grace in our Lord Jesus Christ.

I can tell you this: one of these schools majors on particular prophetic lines NOT mentioned by the NT. What does that tell you?

What you are accusing didpensationalists of is simply a gross misrepresentation. Most dispensationalists devote the vast majority of their study to the New Testament.

I continually post Old Testament prophecies because the ones I post are the ones that say exactly the opposite of what you claim the New Testament means. But you cannot avoid the problem is that all you can say is things like "how the New Testament sounds," or what such-and-such a passage "means," because you cannot come up with even one New Testament passage that actually says what you continually claim it "means," or how you continually claim it "sounds."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Bible2

John S said in post 11:

When Jesus Christ returns, He will save the human race from annihilation and He will replenish the Earth so that it will be livable again. A hailstorm of atomic weapons will pretty much destroy it.

That could be right.

For Mark 13:20 can mean that all flesh on the earth would die if the Lord hadn't already shortened, as in "he hath shortened" (Mark 13:20b), the number of days of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18, Mark 13, Matthew 24, and Luke 21. The Lord could have already determined, from the beginning of Creation (cf. Isaiah 46:10), that he will return on the 1,335th day after the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing, android image of the Antichrist) is set up in the holy place (the inner sanctum) of a 3rd Jewish temple (Matthew 24:15, Daniel 12:11-12, Revelation 16:15). And the Lord will return "immediately after the tribulation" (Matthew 24:29-31), immediately after its final event, the worldwide destruction during the 7th vial (Revelation 16:19, Revelation 19:2 to 20:6). So Mark 13:20 can mean that if the Lord hadn't shortened the number of days of the tribulation, then all flesh on the earth would die during the 7th vial's aftermath, which could be a nuclear-winter scenario (which the Lord will miraculously prevent at his return) brought on by the 10 kings of the Antichrist's empire nuking the cities of the earth at the 7th vial (Revelation 17:16-17a, Revelation 16:19).

John S said in post 11:

There will NOT be a New Heaven or a New Earth - yet.
Mankind will live on this planet in peace and harmony for, at least, 1000 years.

That's right.

Regarding 2 Peter 3:10-13, in the day of the Lord will occur the destruction of heaven (the 1st heaven: the sky, the atmosphere) and the earth (the surface of the earth) at the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:11, Revelation 21:1). And this will be followed by the creation of a new atmosphere and surface for the earth (2 Peter 3:13, Revelation 21:1) onto which New Jerusalem, God the Father's house (John 14:2, Revelation 21:2-3), will descend from the 3rd heaven (Revelation 21:2-3). But the day of the Lord won't immediately bring the destruction of earth's atmosphere and surface. For the day of the Lord will begin at Jesus' (never fulfilled) 2nd coming (1 Corinthians 1:7-8) as a thief (2 Peter 3:10a, Revelation 16:15). And after his 2nd coming, he will establish his kingdom physically on the earth with the bodily resurrected church for 1,000 years (Revelation 19:7 to 20:6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29, Psalms 66:3-4, Psalms 72:8-11, Zechariah 14:3-21).

And after the 1,000 years, the Gog/Magog rebellion will occur (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39). And after its defeat, at least 7 more years will occur (Ezekiel 39:9b), before the earth's atmosphere and surface are destroyed at the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:11). All these events, from Jesus' 2nd coming to the great white throne judgment, will be part of the day of the Lord. For it's not a 24-hour day, but to God is like a 1,000-year "day" (2 Peter 3:8).

Upvote 0