WHAT GOSPEL DID THE APOSTLE PAUL PREACH ?

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟66,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would suggest that the 12 (pre-cross) apostles did NOT have the mystery of the Body of Christ revealed to them.

Can you show where?
Surely in the Revelation John saw what Paul saw about the Body of Christ being the Wife, Bride, and counterpart of Christ.

For example in Revelation 22:17 the Spirit (Who is Christ the Bridegroom) is the life within the Bride (the church/ New Jerusalem).
The two are thus not only a pair in marriage. But one [edited] lives within the other as her life speaking together with her.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come! And let him who hears say, Come! And let him who is thirsty come; let him who wills take the water of life freely. (Rev. 22:17)

We normally would think of the Bride to be paired with the Bridegroom.
But here the Bridegroom is the Spirit. And when the Bride speaks it is the Spirit also within her as her life speaking.

This is consistent with Paul's revelation that the wife of Christ is joined to Christ as his own body to be nourished and cherished.
See Ephesians 5 of Paul including these few words.

That He might present the church to Himself glorious, not having spot or wrinkle or any such things, but that she would be holy and without blemish.

In the same way the husbands also ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his own wife loves himself.
For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, even as Christ also the church,

Because we are members of His Body. (Eph. 5:27-30)

Also First Corinthians 15:45 says that the last Adam [Christ] became a[n] [indwelling] life giving Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟895,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And what did Cornelius attach himself too ?

#1 To the OLD COVENANAT ?

#2 Just became a PROSELYTE ?

#3 Maybe a NEW COVENANT BELIEVER ?

#4 Cornelius could be in the BODY OF CHRIST , NEVER !!

#5 The BODY OF CHRIST was not yet formed , in 1 Cor 12:13

# 6 So what are your thoughts as to WHO he belonged TOO ?

dan p
Why do you believe that the body of Christ didn’t exist yet? That’s not what 1 Corinthians 12:13 says. Personally I think the indwelling of the Holy Spirit didn’t come to believers during Christ’s ministry because they had Christ to guide them. Jesus said that He kept them by His power. Once Jesus ascended that’s when believers would would need the indwelling Holy Spirit to continue guiding them. That’s why I don’t believe the church began at Pentecost, it began with Christ’s ministry.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you believe that the body of Christ didn’t exist yet? That’s not what 1 Corinthians 12:13 says. Personally I think the indwelling of the Holy Spirit didn’t come to believers during Christ’s ministry because they had Christ to guide them. Jesus said that He kept them by His power. Once Jesus ascended that’s when believers would would need the indwelling Holy Spirit to continue guiding them. That’s why I don’t believe the church began at Pentecost, it began with Christ’s ministry.
#1 We are CALLED OUT ASSEMBLE and that is what EKKLESIA and is not a so-called Church .

#2The BODY OF CHRIST began when the Holy Spirit PLACES // BAPTISMA into his Death , Rom 6:4 and Col 2:12 uses the same Greek word BAPTISMA in Col 2:12 where it says Having been BURIED together with Him in the BAPTISMA , means that the BAPTISMA IS THE HOLY SPIRIT .

The Greek word BAPTISMA is used 22 times from the book of Matthew , THROUGH 1 Peter 3:21 , so check the Greek text and see .

By the way check n Eph 4:5 where it reads , ONE LORD , ONE FAITH , ONE BAPTISMA and use BLUE LETTER BIBLE or BIBLE HUB and check it out .

I can say more on later with only one question at a time as I am OLD !!

dan p

dan p

Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟895,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
#1 We are CALLED OUT ASSEMBLE and that is what EKKLESIA and is not a so-called Church .

#2The BODY OF CHRIST began when the Holy Spirit PLACES // BAPTISMA into his Death , Rom 6:4 and Col 2:12 uses the same Greek word BAPTISMA in Col 2:12 where it says Having been BURIED together with Him in the BAPTISMA , means that the BAPTISMA IS THE HOLY SPIRIT .

The Greek word BAPTISMA is used 22 times from the book of Matthew , THROUGH 1 Peter 3:21 , so check the Greek text and see .

By the way check n Eph 4:5 where it reads , ONE LORD , ONE FAITH , ONE BAPTISMA and use BLUE LETTER BIBLE or BIBLE HUB and check it out .

I can say more on later with only one question at a time as I am OLD !!

dan p

dan p
John 15 Jesus tells His 11 faithful apostles to abide/remain in Him. I believe this is an indication that they were already in the body of Christ before His crucifixion. What Paul wrote was to believers after Christ’s resurrection that pertained to their specific situation. It doesn’t imply that Jesus’ apostles were not in the body of Christ before they received the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Merry Christmas brother Dan God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 15 Jesus tells His 11 faithful apostles to abide/remain in Him. I believe this is an indication that they were already in the body of Christ before His crucifixion. What Paul wrote was to believers after Christ’s resurrection that pertained to their specific situation. It doesn’t imply that Jesus’ apostles were not in the body of Christ before they received the indwelling Holy Spirit.

And n MERRY CHISTMAS to you also and Happy New Year .

But in 1 Cor 12:12 it reads , the Body of Christ is ONE // EIS in the GENITIVE CASE , and is SLINGULAR and since it is SLINGULAR it means it is ONE BODY and also is in the NEUTER , which means that the B O C is made up of MALES and FEMALES

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟895,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And n MERRY CHISTMAS to you also and Happy New Year .

But in 1 Cor 12:12 it reads , the Body of Christ is ONE // EIS in the GENITIVE CASE , and is SLINGULAR and since it is SLINGULAR it means it is ONE BOBDY and also is in the NEIUTER , which means that the B O C is made up of MALES and FEMALES

dan p
I don’t see your point here brother.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟895,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have just come back and will give what 1 Cor 12:2 is talking about , on Thursday , IF I can find you , here ?

dan p
The Corinthians didn’t have Jesus physically walking with them like the apostles did in John 15. So Paul’s words are pertaining to their specific situation. That statement in 1 Corinthians 12:2 doesn’t imply that the church did not exist before people received the indwelling Holy Spirit. The apostles were led by Jesus Himself just as the Corinthians were led by the Holy Spirit. Look at how Paul contrasts the difference between worldly knowledge and Spiritual knowledge in 1 Corinthians 2:12 and in John 17 Jesus says that the apostles were not of the world and they had received God’s word thru Him.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Corinthians didn’t have Jesus physically walking with them like the apostles did in John 15. So Paul’s words are pertaining to their specific situation. That statement in 1 Corinthians 12:2 doesn’t imply that the church did not exist before people received the indwelling Holy Spirit. The apostles were led by Jesus Himself just as the Corinthians were led by the Holy Spirit. Look at how Paul contrasts the difference between worldly knowledge and Spiritual knowledge in 1 Corinthians 2:12 and in John 17 Jesus says that the apostles were not of the world and they had received God’s word thru Him.
You do mean 1 Cor 2:12 is of importance and here is what that verse means !!

#1 Ye Know // EIDE is in the Greek Perfect Tense , Active Voice , in the Indicative Mood , and in the Plural .

#2 Ye were // EN ,is in the Imperfect Tense , in the Indicative Mood , also in the Plural .

#3 Gentiles // ETNOS , in the Nominative Case , in the Plural , in the Neuter , meaning Male and Female .

#4 Carried Away // APAGO , in the Greek Present Tense , in the Passive Voice , and is a Participle , in the Nominative case , in the Plural .

#5 These Dumb // APHONOS in the Accusative Case , in the Plural and in the NEUTER , meaning Male and Female Idols

#6 Idols // OION , also in the Accusative Case , in the Plural, in the Neuter

#7 Even As // HOS and Adverb

#8 Ye Were Led // AGO , is in the IMPEFECT TENSE , in the Passive Voice , in the PASSIVE , and Voice means that Christ is behind that action .

What part of 1 Cor 12:2 do you disagree wit ?

A good read is 1 Cor 2:3 !!

I have not seen where the Gospel of John is speaking to the Body of Christ and I believe that the 4 Gospels were written to Israel !!

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟895,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You do mean 1 Cor 2:12 is of importance and here is what that verse means !!

#1 Ye Know // EIDE is in the Greek Perfect Tense , Active Voice , in the Indicative Mood , and in the Plural .

#2 Ye were // EN ,is in the Imperfect Tense , in the Indicative Mood , also in the Plural .

#3 Gentiles // ETNOS , in the Nominative Case , in the Plural , in the Neuter , meaning Male and Female .

#4 Carried Away // APAGO , in the Greek Present Tense , in the Passive Voice , and is a Participle , in the Nominative case , in the Plural .

#5 These Dumb // APHONOS in the Accusative Case , in the Plural and in the NEUTER , meaning Male and Female Idols

#6 Idols // OION , also in the Accusative Case , in the Plural, in the Neuter

#7 Even As // HOS and Adverb

#8 Ye Were Led // AGO , is in the IMPEFECT TENSE , in the Passive Voice , in the PASSIVE , and Voice means that Christ is behind that action .

What part of 1 Cor 12:2 do you disagree wit ?

A good read is 1 Cor 2:3 !!

I have not seen where the Gospel of John is speaking to the Body of Christ and I believe that the 4 Gospels were written to Israel !!

dan p
I don’t know what verse your quoting here but it’s not verse 12.

”Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God,“
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭2‬:‭12‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Here we see Paul contrasting between knowledge of the world and knowledge of the Spirit. The apostles were not of the world before Christ’s resurrection because they had received Spiritual knowledge from Christ Himself during His ministry.

I don’t disagree with any part of 1 Corinthians 12:2 I just disagree with your application of it. Paul’s statement there doesn’t imply that the church didn’t exist before Christ’s resurrection it simply states the current conditions at that time after Christ’s resurrection.

What do you think it means to be “in Christ”? The apostles were in Christ before His crucifixion.

”Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.“
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭1‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Was Paul talking about the body of Christ here?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

”Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God,“

Here we see Paul contrasting between knowledge of the world and knowledge of the Spirit. The apostles were not of the world before Christ’s resurrection because they had received Spiritual knowledge from Christ Himself during His ministry.

I don’t disagree with any part of 1 Corinthians 12:2 I just disagree with your application of it. Paul’s statement there doesn’t imply that the church didn’t exist before Christ’s resurrection it simply states the current conditions at that time after Christ’s resurrection.

What do you think it means to be “in Christ”? The apostles were in Christ before His crucifixion.

I made a mistake , and meant 1 Cor 12:12 NOT 1Cor 12:2 .

#1 The first question to say where the B O C Began is , Who was the First person to be saved by GRACE ?

#2 Did the B O C begin in Acts 2 ?

#3 Did it begin in Acts 9 ?

#4 Did it begin in Acts 11 ?

#5 Did it begin in Acts 13 ?

#6 Did it begin in Acts 28 ?

Your thoughts ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟600,087.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I made a mistake , and meant 1 Cor 12:12 NOT 1Cor 12:2 .

#1 The first question to say where the B O C Began is , Who was the First person to be saved by GRACE ?

#2 Did the B O C begin in Acts 2 ?

#3 Did it begin in Acts 9 ?

#4 Did it begin in Acts 11 ?

#5 Did it begin in Acts 13 ?

#6 Did it begin in Acts 28 ?

Your thoughts ??

dan p
May I also answer?

`And He (God the Father) put all things under His (Jesus) feet, and gave Him to be HEAD over all things to the CHURCH, which is His BODY, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. ` (Eph. 1: 22 & 23)

The Father made Jesus Head over His Body which could only begin when Christ Jesus was Head. From there the Holy Spirit was sent with Christ`s own divine nature to build and mature the believers being set in the Body. (1 Cor. 12: 18)

We cannot tell who was the first person in the Body of Christ, for the Holy Spirit was poured out on a great number. These believers understood that Jesus was Lord and Christ, the foundational message preached by Peter who, although he was `in Christ,` He is not part of the Body of Christ. (Acts 3: 36 1 Cor. 3: 11 Matt. 19: 28)

It was not until the Lord revealed the revelation of the Body of Christ to the Apostle Paul that believers began to understand this new group that they were apart of. (Eph. 3: 3 - 6)

Also, it was not until the Holy Spirit fell on the Gentiles that the New Man was fully revealed. (Acts 10: 44)

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,472.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So what do you think Paul meant when he said to Timothy in 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV

Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting

Paul was the first of what, and a pattern to whom?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May I also answer?

`And He (God the Father) put all things under His (Jesus) feet, and gave Him to be HEAD over all things to the CHURCH, which is His BODY, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. ` (Eph. 1: 22 & 23)

The Father made Jesus Head over His Body which could only begin when Christ Jesus was Head. From there the Holy Spirit was sent with Christ`s own divine nature to build and mature the believers being set in the Body. (1 Cor. 12: 18)

We cannot tell who was the first person in the Body of Christ, for the Holy Spirit was poured out on a great number. These believers understood that Jesus was Lord and Christ, the foundational message preached by Peter who, although he was `in Christ,` He is not part of the Body of Christ. (Acts 3: 36 1 Cor. 3: 11 Matt. 19: 28)

It was not until the Lord revealed the revelation of the Body of Christ to the Apostle Paul that believers began to understand this new group that they were apart of. (Eph. 3: 3 - 6)

Also, it was not until the Holy Spirit fell on the Gentiles that the New Man was fully revealed. (Acts 10: 44)
Yes you may , at anytime , and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !

And Guojing has a verse most , that are Acts 9 , dispensationalist and all should know !!

dan p

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟600,087.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes you may , at anytime , and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !

And Guojing has a verse most , that are Acts 9 , dispensationalist and all should know !!

dan p

dan p
And a Happy New year to you to Dan. May this be the year we all gather & rise to meet the Lord.

And what is so special about Acts 9 ? Is it because Paul became a believer with the other believers?

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟600,087.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what do you think Paul meant when he said to Timothy in 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV

Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting

Paul was the first of what, and a pattern to whom?
Hi Guojing,

Good to talk to you again. Now I believe that Paul is a `pattern,` to shew forth the Lord`s long suffering for Paul persecuted the saints but the Lord showed him mercy. As Paul said - `To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace has been given to me....` (Eph. 3: 8)

It is like Paul was the worst so therefore believers after him could see God`s longsuffering and also His great mercy.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟600,087.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, the 12 disciples - pre-ascension apostles are ` in Christ,` but their inheritance is different.

`So, Jesus said to them, "Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on 12 thrones, judging the 12 tribes of Israel. `(Matt. 19: 28)

There was no Body of Christ till the Lord ascended to the Father who made Him Head over the Body.

`And He (Father) put all things under His (Jesus`) feet, and gave Him to be the Head over all things to the church, which is His Body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. `(Eph. 1: 22 & 23)

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And a Happy New year to you to Dan. May this be the year we all gather & rise to meet the Lord.

And what is so special about Acts 9 ? Is it because Paul became a believer with the other believers?
I believe that SAUL was saved and became the FIRST one saved by Grace .

In Acts 9:4 Saul falls to the ground .

#2 In verse 5 , SAUL asks , who are you Lord , I am Jesus Whom you are persecuting , It is hard for you to KICK against iron goads , has any wondered what that MEANS ?

#3 In verse 6 Saul is trembling and terrified , he says , THIS is very important , Lord what do you wish me to do ?

#4 1 Cor 12:3 says that NO ONE is able to say Lord Jesus , except by the HOLY SPIRIT .

#5 Rom 10:9 says , That if you should confess with your mouth the LORD JESUS , and should believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you will be saved

#6 This is the verse that says how Christ saves any person .

#7 And 1 Tim 15 says that Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners , of whom I AM , FIRST // PROTOS .

# 8 Also notice that Paul uses the word I AM

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is only one gospel. It is the same gospel the Church has taught from the beginning. If you look to the Church at Ephesus or at Corinth or at Antioch or in Alexandria they all teach the same gospel even though they were founded by different Apostles. Trust me when I say that you haven't suddenly found something in the bible that no one has ever seen before.
# 1 Paul preached the GOSPEL of God , Rom 1:1 .

#2 PAUL PREACHED the Mystery in Rom 16:25 and 26 .

#3 In Gal 2:7 Paul preached the Gospel of the UNCIRCUMCISION

#4 In Gal 1:7 there were those that CORRUPTED the Gospel of Christ that Paul was preaching .

#5 In Gal 1:12 Paul received his Gospel by REVELATION and not taught by MAN .

#6 And in 1 Tim 1:16 is a PATTERN for everlasting LIFE .

Dan p

Upvote 0