WHAT GOSPEL DID THE APOSTLE PAUL PREACH ?

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
#1 We are CALLED OUT ASSEMBLE and that is what EKKLESIA and is not a so-called Church .
It is not right to say because the church has this aspect that therefore it doesn't have another aspect.

#2The BODY OF CHRIST began when the Holy Spirit PLACES // BAPTISMA into his Death , Rom 6:4 and Col 2:12 uses the same Greek word BAPTISMA in Col 2:12 where it says Having been BURIED together with Him in the BAPTISMA , means that the BAPTISMA IS THE HOLY SPIRIT .

We may say that the manifestation of the Body of Christ is deficient and weak, not too healthy in too many gatherings of Christians.
That is because too many are not deeply in the partaking of this death with Christ.
We may spend too much time quite living in the old man. So the expression of the Body is not striking.

Take the church in Corinth for example. They had many problems of the immature Christians.
They were a typical local church.
But Paul did not then tell them they were not the Body of Christ. On the contrary he told them they WERE.
And they should grow in Christ so a healthy manifestation of this Body would practically emmerge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if an unbeliever believes that

He is saved?
Are we still in doubt as to who is saved and who is not saved?
Whoever calls upon name of the Lord shall be saved. (Rom. 10:9-13)
Whoever believes in the heart the resurrected Jesus and confesses with the mouth "Lord Jesus" shall be saved.
How long will we not be clear about who is saved?

After being saved by justification we must go on to the "much more" of being saved in the realm of His life.
This surely is a matter of seeing and entering into more of the unsearchable riches of Christ.

Much more then, having now been justified in His blood, we will be saved through Him from the wrath.
For if we, being enemies, were reconciled to God through the death of His Son,

much more we will be saved in His life, having been reconciled, (Romans 5:9,10)

1.) Believers are SAVED from the wrath of eternal punishment by being justified in His blood.
2.) Having been saved in this reconcilation believers need "much more" to be
SAVED by His life within us.

The
unsearchable riches of Christ include both these aspects of His work.
Therefore both justification of redemption and sanctification in the sphere if Him living in us is "much more."

For a normal manifestation of the Body in practicality we need "much more" of the "much more."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May I also answer?

`And He (God the Father) put all things under His (Jesus) feet, and gave Him to be HEAD over all things to the CHURCH, which is His BODY, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. ` (Eph. 1: 22 & 23)
There is no reason why that passage should prove Peter was not of the Body of Christ.
The Father made Jesus Head over His Body which could only begin when Christ Jesus was Head. From there the Holy Spirit was sent with Christ`s own divine nature to build and mature the believers being set in the Body. (1 Cor. 12: 18)
The Holy Spirit did this and the Holy Spirit did something else.
Just because the Holy Spirit clothed the disciples with power on the day of Pentacost
doesn't mean the Holy Spirit did not enter into them in the evening of Christ's resurrection some forty days earlier.

He breathed into the disciples and told them to "Receive the Holy Spirit" (John 20:22)
This was His promise to them.
But when the Comforter comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of reality, who proceeds from the Father, He will testify concerning Me; (John 15:26)

The promise of the Father was that they would from the same Holy Spirit receive power to testify.
And behold, I send forth the promise of My Father upon you; but as for you, stay in the city until you put on power from on high. (Luke 24:19)

But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and unto the uttermost part of the earth. (Acts 1:8)

We need not say this was a different Spirit. He did two things on two occasions- one on the day of Christ's resurrection and
another after He publically ascended to heaven.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are we still in doubt as to who is saved and who is not saved?
Whoever calls upon name of the Lord shall be saved. (Rom. 10:9-13)
Whoever believes in the heart the resurrected Jesus and confesses with the mouth "Lord Jesus" shall be saved.
How long will we not be clear about who is saved?

After being saved by justification we must go on to the "much more" of being saved in the realm of His life.
This surely is a matter of seeing and entering into more of the unsearchable riches of Christ.

Much more then, having now been justified in His blood, we will be saved through Him from the wrath.
For if we, being enemies, were reconciled to God through the death of His Son,

much more we will be saved in His life, having been reconciled, (Romans 5:9,10)

1.) Believers are SAVED from the wrath of eternal punishment by being justified in His blood.
2.) Having been saved in this reconcilation believers need "much more" to be
SAVED by His life within us.

The
unsearchable riches of Christ include both these aspects of His work.
Therefore both justification of redemption and sanctification in the sphere if Him living in us is "much more."

For a normal manifestation of the Body in practicality we need "much more" of the "much more."

So the gospel cannot be what you just said, since you add other points to it.

The next question will be, did the 12 preached that gospel before the cross?

Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the gospel cannot be what you just said, since you add other points to it.
Unsearchable riches is just that. It will take us into eternity to forever know how
rich this Gospel is.
The next question will be, did the 12 preached that gospel before the cross?
The unsearchable riches certainly had those riches of it that the diciples preached
before Christ's death and resurrection.

Wasn't the Person of Jesus so very rich before He went to Calvary also? And they preached about Him.

the Lord appointed seventy others and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to come. (Like 10:1)
And heal the sick who are in it and say to them, The kingdom of God has drawn near to you. (v.9)

This was good news to the people. In fact He was "a great light" even before His death and resurrection.

And leaving Nazareth, He came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is beside the sea in the borders of Zebulun and Naphtali,
In order that what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, saying,

“Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali, the way to the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles:

The people sitting in darkness have seen a great light;
and to those sitting in the region and shadow of death, to them light has risen.” (Matt. 4:13-16)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rose_bud
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unsearchable riches is just that. It will take us into eternity to forever know how
rich this Gospel is.

The unsearchable riches certainly had those riches of it that the diciples preached
before Christ's death and resurrection.

Wasn't the Person of Jesus so very rich before He went to Calvary also? And they preached about Him.

the Lord appointed seventy others and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to come. (Like 10:1)
And heal the sick who are in it and say to them, The kingdom of God has drawn near to you. (v.9)

This was good news to the people. In fact He was "a great light" even before His death and resurrection.

And leaving Nazareth, He came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is beside the sea in the borders of Zebulun and Naphtali,
In order that what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, saying,

“Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali, the way to the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles:

The people sitting in darkness have seen a great light;
and to those sitting in the region and shadow of death, to them light has risen.” (Matt. 4:13-16)

What exactly did they preach before the cross?

If you have no idea, just say so.

Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What exactly did they preach before the cross?

If you have no idea, just say so.
We have an idea in that they preached that the kingdom of the heavens had drawn nigh.
Is this leading up to you saying that they preached the Saturday Sabbath keeping?

You too Just say so.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I made a mistake , and meant 1 Cor 12:12 NOT 1Cor 12:2 .

#1 The first question to say where the B O C Began is , Who was the First person to be saved by GRACE ?

#2 Did the B O C begin in Acts 2 ?

#3 Did it begin in Acts 9 ?

#4 Did it begin in Acts 11 ?

#5 Did it begin in Acts 13 ?

#6 Did it begin in Acts 28 ?

Your thoughts ??

dan p
Everyone who is saved is saved by grace because without grace no one could possibly be saved. That was the whole point of sending Christ to die for our sins because we couldn’t be saved by the law.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyone who is saved is saved by grace because without grace no one could possibly be saved. That was the whole point of sending Christ to die for our sins because we couldn’t be saved by the law.
I did forget one other position as to where the B O C began and that person said that the B O C began in the GAREN OF EDEN !!

Most , have a verse as to when then B O C BEGAN !!

There is only one person that explains how any one enter the B O C , in 1 Cor 12:13 and also in Gal 3:28 and Paul is the ONLY one that writes about the B O C , what say you ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have an idea in that they preached that the kingdom of the heavens had drawn nigh.
Is this leading up to you saying that they preached the Saturday Sabbath keeping?

You too Just say so.

So you agree that, among other things, the gospel they preached was not
  1. Jews and gentiles are equal in the same body of Christ. (Galatians 3:28)
  2. You are saved by faith alone without works (Romans 4:5)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you agree that, among other things, the gospel they preached was not
  1. Jews and gentiles are equal in the same body of Christ. (Galatians 3:28)
  2. You are saved by faith alone without works (Romans 4:5)
I don't think twelve or the seventy preached the same things as what Romans and Galatians crystalize.
However Jesus was rich before He accomplished eternal redemption.
And those rich portions of His unsearchable riches they preached.

We're glad they did.

What is the point you are making?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think twelve or the seventy preached the same things as what Romans and Galatians crystalize.
However Jesus was rich before He accomplished eternal redemption.
And those rich portions of His unsearchable riches they preached.

We're glad they did.

What is the point you are making?

Paul's gospel is different from what was preached by the 12.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what is your point ?

Imagine a pyramid rising out of the water.
It grows larger add larger as it rises beneath the water. But retains the same essential shape.

More riches of Christ were revealed after His resurrection.
More riches were revealed after He appeared to the Apostle Paul.
It as all still the unsearchable riches of Christ.

Peter recommended Paul's wisdom. And Peter was scolded by Paul for
a moment of disingenuity. This was very humbling for the original leading apostle to
be pubically reprimanded by a younger worker. And that by a man who was not of the original twelve
and even persecuted the church.

And count the long-suffering of our Lord to be salvation, even as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, wrote to you, As also in all his letters, speaking in them concerning these things, in which some things are hard to understand, which the unlearned and unstable twist, as also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. (2 Pet. 3:14,15)

Peter had no problem with Paul's portion of gospel preaching. Do you?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what is your point ?

Imagine a pyramid rising out of the water.
It grows larger add larger as it rises beneath the water. But retains the same essential shape.

More riches of Christ were revealed after His resurrection.
More riches were revealed after He appeared to the Apostle Paul.
It as all still the unsearchable riches of Christ.

Peter recommended Paul's wisdom. And Peter was scolded by Paul for
a moment of disingenuity. This was very humbling for the original leading apostle to
be pubically repremanded by a younger worker. And that by a man who was not of the original twelve
and even persecuted the church.

And count the long-suffering of our Lord to be salvation, even as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, wrote to you, As also in all his letters, speaking in them concerning these things, in which some things are hard to understand, which the unlearned and unstable twist, as also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. (2 Pet. 3:14,15)

Peter had no problem with Paul's portion of gospel preaching. Do you?

I began this discussion with you here WHAT GOSPEL DID THE APOSTLE PAUL PREACH ?

where you said
Of course Paul preached the one Gospel all the apostles preached.
The good news was that Christ's wealth, value, preciousness etc. were beyond our ability to measure.

Hope my point is clear to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How difficult it is to be clear about this statement "Paul's gospel is different from what was preached by the 12."?
I have gone through every comment you've made in this thread.
It is still obscure what point your piece-meal questions are trying to make.

You seem to be kind of waiting for people to see something I guess you find obvious.

I asked you a simple question. Do you have a problem with the gospel Paul preached
when Peter recommended we listen to "the wisdom given to him [Paul]"?

Do you think Christians should have some problem with the thirteen some epistles of Paul?
Is there some particular problem we should have with his preaching in Acts?

Now as to
First Timothy 1:15,16 my NT reads -

Faithful is the word and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am foremost.

But because of this I was shown mercy, that in me, the foremost, Jesus Christ might display all His long-suffering for a pattern to those who are to believe on Him unto eternal life.

He was not saying he was the first sinner to be saved or the first preacher of the gospel.
He was saying as the foremost sinner (persecuting the church) God made him "a pattern" of encouragemeent to other sinners.
He is not saying "the one and only pattern" but
"a pattern."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have gone through every comment you've made in this thread.
It is still obscure what point your piece-meal questions are trying to make.

Why is that point obscure?

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Why is that point obscure?
It is easy to see that it was good news about the same Person- Jesus Christ.
That's what I want to talk about.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did forget one other position as to where the B O C began and that person said that the B O C began in the GAREN OF EDEN !!

Most , have a verse as to when then B O C BEGAN !!

There is only one person that explains how any one enter the B O C , in 1 Cor 12:13 and also in Gal 3:28 and Paul is the ONLY one that writes about the B O C , what say you ??

dan p
No I disagree, Jesus was referring to the BOC in John 15:1-7. What do you think He meant by the phrase “abide in Me”?

Upvote 0