WHAT GOSPEL DID THE APOSTLE PAUL PREACH ?

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟68,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul taught two gospels, one he called 'my gospel' Rom 16:25 and of course what Jesus preached, HIS Gospel which was the Gospel of the Kingdom.
He preached one gospel which had more than one aspect.

. . . I have received from the Lord Jesus to solemnly testify of the gospel of the grace of God.
And now, behold, I know that you all, among whom I have gone about proclaiming the kingdom,
will see my face no more. (Acts 20:24b,25)

You see Paul's testifying of the gospel of the grace of God also was his proclaiming the kingdom of God.

Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He preached one gospel which had more than one aspect.

. . . I have received from the Lord Jesus to solemnly testify of the gospel of the grace of God.
And now, behold, I know that you all, among whom I have gone about proclaiming the kingdom,
will see my face no more. (Acts 20:24b,25)

You see Paul's testifying of the gospel of the grace of God also was his proclaiming the kingdom of God.
The GOSPEL that Paul was given in Rom 16:25 was the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the MYSTERY having been kept SECRET in times pertaining TO THE AGES and that means Paul NEVER preached what the 12 APOSTLES preached .

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's the same thing. The Kingdom was given to us by His grace. It's still all about the Kingdom.
And what KINGDOM // BASILEIA means DOMINION , or ROYAL POWER or SOVEREIGNTY do you mean ?

I prefer , what 1 Cor 6:2 and 3 when all GRACE BELIEVERS will Govern the UNIVERE and GOVERN ANGELS

Your thoughts here ??

dan p

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟68,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The GOSPEL that Paul was given in Rom 16:25 was the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the MYSTERY having been kept SECRET in times pertaining TO THE AGES and that means Paul NEVER preached what the 12 APOSTLES preached .

dan p

The mystery kept secret was revealed not only to Paul but to plural "apostles".

That by revelation the mystery was made known to me, as I have written previously in brief,
By which, in reading it, you can perceive my understanding in the mystery of Christ,
Which in other generations was not made known to the sons of men,
as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in spirit, (Eph. 3:3-5)

Now you must have known that this verse would be referred to.
What will you do now? Please don't suggest that the twelve apostles did not have the mystery
revealed to them.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟68,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's the same thing. The Kingdom was given to us by His grace. It's still all about the Kingdom.
Now you're saying what I just said.
It was not two gospels but the same one gospel.

Didn't you originally say - "Paul taught two gospels, . . . " ?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That by revelation the mystery was made known to me, as I have written previously in brief,
By which, in reading it, you can perceive my understanding in the mystery of Christ,
as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in spirit, (Eph. 3:3-5)

What will you do now? Please don't suggest that the twelve apostles did not have the mystery
revealed to them.
Wondering , where is that verse that says the MYSTERY was only revealed to Paul but to PLURAL " APOSTLES " like to study where it says THAT ???

dan p

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟221,966.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

revealed to them.

When do you think they had that revealed to them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟605,994.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would also like to see that verse , PLEASE ?

danp
In Eph. 3: 5. And we know that there were apostles etc before Paul, eg Barabas (Acts 14: 14 which I know is after Paul but Banabas was in Christ and an apostle before that. Acts 11: 27 - 30)

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟221,966.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Eph. 3: 5. And we know that there were apostles etc before Paul, eg Barabas (Acts 14: 14 which I know is after Paul but Banabas was in Christ and an apostle before that. Acts 11: 27 - 30)

We were talking about the 12 apostles.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

revealed to them.
I knew about Eph 3:5 and all who are not doing there full DILLIGENCE , and 2 Tim 2;15 is forgotten that when Paul came on the scene , THAT ISRAEL had been SETSIDE and that is in Acts 28:25-28 and will never believe IT .

But here goes what Eph 3:5 really means and says by the Holy Spirit !!

#1 WHICH // is a RELATIVE PRONOUN in the NOMINATIVE CASE , in the SINGULAR and that means it was given ONLY ONE TIME .

#2 IN OTHER // ETEROS , is in the DATIVE CASE , in the Plural

#3 AGES // GENROS is in the DATIVE CASE , in the PLURAL

#4 WAS // GNORIZO , is in the Greek AORIST TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD , means you better believe IT

#5 NOT // OV is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and means this DISPENSATION , CALLED A MYSTERY was NEVER KNOWNNNNNNNNN in the PAST until Paul began to preach it .

#6 MADE KNOWN // GNORIZO is in the AORIST TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE , mean that Christ gave the MYSTERY to Paul ONLY and is in the INDICATIVE MOOD and that means you better believe it and it is in the SLINGULAR meaning Christ gave to ONLY to Paul one TIME .

#7 UNTO THE // HO is a DEFINITE ARTICLE , that is pointing to the next Greek word , SONS , and is in the DATIVE CASE , in the PLURAL .

#8 SONS // HUIOS is in the DATIVE CASE , PLURAL .

#9 OF MEN // ANTHROPOS in the GENTIVE CASE , in the PLURAL

#10 IT IS // APOKALYPTO in the AORIST TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE , means that Christ is calling the shots , in the INDICATIVE MOOD , in the SLINGULAR .

#11 REVEALED , UNTO HIS // AUTOS , is a PERSONAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN in the GENITIVE CASE in the SINGULAR

##12 HOLY // AGIOS is in the ATIVE CASE , in the PLURAL

# 13 APOSTLES // APOSHETES and that Greek just means One who speaks forth and since the OLD COVENANT has been set aside , OT Jews are never in VIEW AT ALL .

If you have never heard of CASES , just google it !!

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When do you think they had that revealed to them?
Hi , Guojing and most have never read Rom 1:1 where Christ call Paul HAVING BEEN SEPARATED // APHORIZO , which is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE means called forever , in the PASSIVE VOICE , mean it was Christ that called Paul , and is a PARTICPLE MOOD are , May , might , would . and should as what Christ calls him to do .

And is in the NOMINATIVE CASE , and is in the SINGULAR , means only given one TIME >

dan p

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟605,994.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

revealed to them.
The 12 pre-ascension apostles were not told the revelation of the Body of Christ. Remember they were asking the Lord Jesus when would He restore the kingdom (rule) to Israel. (Acts 1: 6)

`Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel? ` (Acts 1: 6)

We need to remember that the word `Kingdom` is used for a variety of rulerships.

1. God`s great kingdom over the third heaven, the Universe and the earth.

2. The Kingdom rule of the Lord Jesus Christ which is from His own throne in the third heaven.

3. The Kingdom rule of heaven over Israel in the millennium.

4. The kingdoms of this world.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

revealed to them.
Most do not know that Christ appointed , in Eph 4:11 , and he gave , indeed ,, the APOSTLES , , and the PROPHETS , and EVANGELISTS , and PASTORS , and TEACHERS and verse 12 , wrote Paul , with a view to the EQUIPPING for the work of the ministry for the BUILDING UP THE BODY OF CHRIST .

So we see that OLD COVENANT had PROPHETS and APOSTLES .

dan p

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟605,994.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

revealed to them.
I would suggest that the 12 (pre-cross) apostles did NOT have the mystery of the Body of Christ revealed to them.

Can you show where?

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟68,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would suggest that the 12 (pre-cross) apostles did NOT have the mystery of the Body of Christ revealed to them.

Can you show where?
Paul is the only one who uses the word picture of the Body.
And two of the "pre-cross" twelve, after resurrection more deeply understood God's eternal purpose
and remembered what Jesus taught which was like what Paul saw.

But John surely saw the same thing expressing it as the True Vine with the abiding branches.
John received and understood this directly from the Lord in John chapter fifteen.
That is the very organic oneness of Christ and His disciples.
I think if and when John heard Paul speaking of the Body he understood that divine wisdom had been revealed to Paul.

I am the true vine, and My Father is the husbandman. (John 15:1)
I am the vine; you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him,
he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing. (v. 5)

Peter
did not speak of the Body. But he did write of a house in which there are stones, living stones.
The living cornerstone to this house is Christ.
And the other living stones being built up around this cornerstone are the believers.

Coming to Him, a living stone, rejected by men but with God chosen and precious,
You yourselves also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house into a holy priesthood to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.(First Peter 2:4,5)

So whether it is the Body of Christ its Head - Paul
Or if it the True Vine with its abiding branches - John
Or it is the spiritual house with Christ the living cornerstone and the believers as also living stones - Peter
The underlying revelation is the same. There is an organic unity between the Triune God and those in whom Christ lives.

You spoke of the twelve. I cannot say how much the other original apostles spoke these things.
However Jude wrote we should contend for the faith delivered to the saints.

Beloved, while using all diligence to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you and exhort you to earnestly contend for the faith once for all delivered to the saints. (Jude 3) And we see how similar Jude's writing is to that of Peter.

I believe firmly that once we see the truth of Paul's revelation of the Body we may be able to see many
parallels and types in the Old Testament.

Last edited:
Upvote 0