Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You seem to have missed the point.

Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all).

Jesus was the word which God sent unto the children of Israel and He is Lord of ALL.

Lord of all the people and also of all peoples. No longer only of Isreal but from the Gentile Nations also, IF anyone in them has respect for God's Authority and worketh righteousness.

It is you who have missed the point, given your continually obvious reading into a thing.

"Lord of all" refers to His Resurrection having proven He is Israel's Prophesied Christ, see Peter's words to the nation Israel, in Acts 2 and 3.

Peter's words in Acts 10 have to be read in light of all Peter's words to his people (the Nation Israel) in Acts up to and previous to his words there, in Acts 10.

Further, Peter and his companions are confused there, in Acts 10.

This is because the one year extension given to Israel mentioned in Luke 13 ended in Acts 7, per the other warning given Israel in Matthew 12, and Israel is now (albeit, temporarily, Romans 11) Uncircumcision or Heathen, as a Nation before God, no better off before God than the Gentiles, see Romans 2 & 3.

Meaning, their commission - to the Nation Israel first - had been put on hold. It will be a completely new, completely unexpected Apostle - of the Gentiles, no less - of both God's and the Nation Israel's very enemy - of the Gentiles - who will layout years later that what had happened with the LORD'S Prophesied Plan and Purpose in and through the Nation Israel was that God had temporarily delayed it.

Get things like that straight and the rest begins to clear up.

Meaning, quit isolating one or two passages from their overall context, which is what you have clearly done - isolated them from their whole.

You did that with those passages about the children of promise in Romans - Paul was talking about what had actually become of the Nation Israel, how that God's turn from them as a Nation in Covenant with Him, with Promises, etc., only looked as if He was through with them as a Nation, how that, actually, such was not the case, that there were that Nation's children of Promise, how that the Nation Israel's children of Promise proved the very opposite of any idea that God was somehow through with the Nation Israel.

Paul was talking about the Nation Israel there, in Romans...

Romans 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, 9:2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. 9:9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son.

And so on...

By the way, the "holy" in Paul's graft analogy, in Romans 11's is not Christ, it refers to those of the nation Israel's Patriarch's Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. And "the lump" refers to the Twelve Tribes that came out of them - Paul is asserting that God is not through with Israel as a Nation He was in Covenant with.

Just let the passages flow from one to another...

Nevertheless, Romans 5: 8 - in each our stead - towards ya :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Only these ultra/hyper dispensationalists present that view, and not all of them believe it either.

The actual understanding within Mid-Acts is that God has a TWO-Fold Purpose - one for the Earth, via a redeemed Nation of Israel as His Priests over the Gentile Nations, one day; another for the Heavenlies via a New Creature: the Body of Christ, over the Angelic realm, one day.

His Plan for the Nation Israel temporarily on hold until at some point after that present aspect of His Plan for the Body comes in.

Along with those fellow Israelites redeemed out of the Nation Israel before her fall and temporary setting aside of her Promise, the Twelve Apostles had been, and will be, part of His Plan for the Earth, see Matthew 19, for example.

With the Nation Israel's fall and temporary setting aside of God's short work upon the Earth at some point after the Body is taken from the Earth (Romans 9-11), Unbelieving Israel was now Uncircumcision or Heathen - just another Heathen Nation, see the end of Acts 7 and the last half or so of Romans 2 and into Romans 3, etc.

Just let the passages flow as written...

Anyway, with the Nation Israel's fall and temporary setting aside as a Nation in Covenant with God, now, any Jew and or Israelite wanting fellowship with God had/has to come to Him in Uncircumcision.

That is, as a Gentile.

It is these formerly lost (unsaved) Israelites who, together with formerly unsaved Gentiles in the flesh, this side of the Nation Israel's fall and temporary setting aside, that comprise God's New Creature/Creation: the Body of Christ.

Towards what end purpose for both groups?

Ephesians 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

But they are not yet together - this one day redeemed Nation of Israel and the Body of Christ:

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

And so on...

Romans 5:8 :)

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t believe I ever said the body of Christ was comprised of only Gentile believers because I know they do not teach that, so I’m not sure where you’re getting the charge of anti-Semitism? What They do teach which maybe you’re referring to is that there was a Jewish church originally, or you could Call it the kingdom church, comprised almost completely of Jewish believers with a few Proselytes. One of my biggest disagreements is that they do not believe that Jewish church was part of the body of Christ, or that they were saved by grace through faith, but were obligated for salvation to keep the Mosaic law for salvation, instead of relying on Christ’s completed work on the cross for anyone who calls on His name for salvation.

Reread the post you had replied to prior to my post to you and you'll see I was referring to your having agreed with that post's assertions against hypers or what have you, about a Body that is Gentile only, and that post's assertions that hypers are Anti-Semitic.

You agreed with that poster.

Though technically, at the same time, if God temporarily concluded the Nation Israel Uncircumcision per such as Acts 7, Romans 2 & 3, and so on, then that makes Jews and Israelites Uncircumcision, or Gentiles, in His eyes, to this very day.

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Just "do the math" in light of Scripture, not in light of the traditions of men, and or of one's own misunderstandings read by one into such things.

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Nehemiah 8:12 And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them.

Romans 5: 8 :)

Upvote 0

Pepper77

By grace through faith
Aug 1, 2014
Venice FL
✟28,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The actual understanding within Mid-Acts is that God has a TWO-Fold Purpose - one for the Earth, via a redeemed Nation of Israel as His Priests over the Gentile Nations, one day; another for the Heavenlies via a New Creature: the Body of Christ, over the Angelic realm, one day.

His Plan for the Nation Israel temporarily on hold until at some point after that present aspect of His Plan for the Body comes in.

Along with those fellow Israelites redeemed out of the Nation Israel before her fall and temporary setting aside of her Promise, the Twelve Apostles had been, and will be, part of His Plan for the Earth, see Matthew 19, for example.

With the Nation Israel's fall and temporary setting aside of God's short work upon the Earth at some point after the Body is taken from the Earth (Romans 9-11), Unbelieving Israel was now Uncircumcision or Heathen - just another Heathen Nation, see the end of Acts 7 and the last half or so of Romans 2 and into Romans 3, etc.

Just let the passages flow as written...

Anyway, with the Nation Israel's fall and temporary setting aside as a Nation in Covenant with God, now, any Jew and or Israelite wanting fellowship with God had/has to come to Him in Uncircumcision.

That is, as a Gentile.

It is these formerly lost (unsaved) Israelites who, together with formerly unsaved Gentiles in the flesh, this side of the Nation Israel's fall and temporary setting aside, that comprise God's New Creature/Creation: the Body of Christ.

Towards what end purpose for both groups?

Ephesians 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

But they are not yet together - this one day redeemed Nation of Israel and the Body of Christ:

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

And so on...

Romans 5:8 :)

Couple things.... where does it say that Jews must come to God as a gentile once Israel was set aside? Not sure I even know what you mean by that. Salvation has always been by faith no matter what administration or covenant God is dealing with man according to. Gal 2:15-21 ( which I was just reading this morning) Indicates that the Jews knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Christ even they have believed in Christ Jesus that they may be justified by faith and not by the works of the law. Christ’s redemptive work on the cross was for both Jew and Gentile. Maybe Peter didn’t totally understand at first what all was accomplished when Christ died on the cross and was resurrected but it was accomplished for the Jews as well as the Gentiles. Christ finished work on the cross should be our focus, our life in Christ. Paul says in Galatians 1:23 that he was preaching the same faith that he once tried to destroy. It was the same faith, the same body, The same new man in Christ. It was progressively revealed the greatest revelation coming through Paul. But it was accomplished on the cross and at the resurrection of Christ and it did apply to anyone who had faith in Christ. Nowhere does it say the Jewish church early on was not part of the body of Christ. On the contrary Paul says there is neither Jew Nor Gentile, male nor female but we are all one in Christ Jesus Gal 3:28, and if you are in Christ then you are Abrahams seed and heirs according to the promise vs 29. I’ve studied this theology really given it a chance to see if it was true. But there is so much evidence throughout scripture that its wrong. It’s dispensationalism taken way too far . I love the people at the Mid-Acts Church I go to, but we are getting tired of only hearing this theology which we disagree with so much of it. To me it’s just a big distraction from where our focus should be on our life in Christ. I don’t have a problem with someone believing this but why is this all they teach, all their focus is on? It’s so important to them and it really is divisive. It brings to mind Titus 3-9 but avoid foolish disputes genealogies contentions and strivings about the law for they are profitable and useless. We are still there because All the other churches in our area we have gone to mix law and grace which is just as bad if not worse. But I think our days are numbered there.

Upvote 0

Pepper77

By grace through faith
Aug 1, 2014
Venice FL
✟28,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reread the post you had replied to prior to my post to you and you'll see I was referring to your having agreed with that post's assertions against hypers or what have you, about a Body that is Gentile only, and that post's assertions that hypers are Anti-Semitic.

You agreed with that poster.

Though technically, at the same time, if God temporarily concluded the Nation Israel Uncircumcision per such as Acts 7, Romans 2 & 3, and so on, then that makes Jews and Israelites Uncircumcision, or Gentiles, in His eyes, to this very day.

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Just "do the math" in light of Scripture, not in light of the traditions of men, and or of one's own misunderstandings read by one into such things.

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Nehemiah 8:12 And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them.

Romans 5: 8 :)

Sorry I can’t find that post. I don’t believe you teach anti-Semitism. But I do believe you are not applying Christ’s finished work of the cross to the early church which I think is really wrong. I think that’s what the poster was getting at. At least that’s what I hear from the pastor At the Mid-Acts church I go to right now. I don’t know how you could read 1 Peter and say Peter didn’t understand or teach the completed work of the cross applied to them.

Upvote 0

ExTiff

Oct 1, 2018
Southampton
✟41,282.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It is you who have missed the point, given your continually obvious reading into a thing.

"Lord of all" refers to His Resurrection having proven He is Israel's Prophesied Christ, see Peter's words to the nation Israel, in Acts 2 and 3.

Peter's words in Acts 10 have to be read in light of all Peter's words to his people (the Nation Israel) in Acts up to and previous to his words there, in Acts 10.

Further, Peter and his companions are confused there, in Acts 10.

This is because the one year extension given to Israel mentioned in Luke 13 ended in Acts 7, per the other warning given Israel in Matthew 12, and Israel is now (albeit, temporarily, Romans 11) Uncircumcision or Heathen, as a Nation before God, no better off before God than the Gentiles, see Romans 2 & 3.

Meaning, their commission - to the Nation Israel first - had been put on hold. It will be a completely new, completely unexpected Apostle - of the Gentiles, no less - of both God's and the Nation Israel's very enemy - of the Gentiles - who will layout years later that what had happened with the LORD'S Prophesied Plan and Purpose in and through the Nation Israel was that God had temporarily delayed it.

Get things like that straight and the rest begins to clear up.

Meaning, quit isolating one or two passages from their overall context, which is what you have clearly done - isolated them from their whole.

You did that with those passages about the children of promise in Romans - Paul was talking about what had actually become of the Nation Israel, how that God's turn from them as a Nation in Covenant with Him, with Promises, etc., only looked as if He was through with them as a Nation, how that, actually, such was not the case, that there were that Nation's children of Promise, how that the Nation Israel's children of Promise proved the very opposite of any idea that God was somehow through with the Nation Israel.

Paul was talking about the Nation Israel there, in Romans...

Romans 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, 9:2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. 9:9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son.

And so on...

By the way, the "holy" in Paul's graft analogy, in Romans 11's is not Christ, it refers to those of the nation Israel's Patriarch's Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. And "the lump" refers to the Twelve Tribes that came out of them - Paul is asserting that God is not through with Israel as a Nation He was in Covenant with.

Just let the passages flow from one to another...

Nevertheless, Romans 5: 8 - in each our stead - towards ya :)

Lord of all:
Zechariah 2:13,
Zechariah 6:5,
1 Cor.8:6
Therefore "Lord of ALL"

16 And if the firstfruit is holy, so is the lump: and if the root is holy, so are the branches.
1 Cor.15:20,
Rom.15:12.
Are you trying to tell me these do not refer to Christ either. Where do you get your evidence from, that Paul was using 'firstfruit' and 'root of Jesse' in the way that you claim? Is it just your own idea or do you have some scripture to back it up?

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry I can’t find that post. I don’t believe you teach anti-Semitism. But I do believe you are not applying Christ’s finished work of the cross to the early church which I think is really wrong. I think that’s what the poster was getting at. At least that’s what I hear from the pastor At the Mid-Acts church I go to right now. I don’t know how you could read 1 Peter and say Peter didn’t understand or teach the completed work of the cross applied to them.

It applies to them but they were not required to believe it prior to the Apostle Paul. Belief in the finished work of Christ being a Dispensational issue (each Dispensation has its required belief and expression of same).

Their required belief and expression of same had been that He was the Christ - the Nation Israel's Promised Messiah and King.

Which is why the Twelve Apostles neither understood His finished work, nor preached it - til later, with the Nation Israel's fall, and temporary setting aside, after which it began to first be revealed to, and through a new Apostle, of a totally new Dispensation: the Apostle Paul.

Upvote 0

Pepper77

By grace through faith
Aug 1, 2014
Venice FL
✟28,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Well, i’m glad to hear you believe that it did at least apply to them. The Mid-Acts church I’m going to teach that the Jerusalem church /kingdom church had to continue to do the law, be baptized with water and believe that Jesus was the Messiah or they would not be saved. If they did not continue to do the Mosaic law they could lose their salvation as well. So they do not believe salvation by grace through faith in Jesus as the Messiah or Jesus as our complete sacrifice on the cross would save them. My problem with this is that Christ is Christ. He is the way the truth and the life. You cannot divide him up. What he accomplished on the cross was revealed to the greatest extent to Paul. And there’s no reason to believe he did not share it with Peter when he met with Peter after receiving his revelation from the Lord. In Acts 13:39 Paul says everyone who believes in Christ is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses. To say that did not apply to the Jerusalem church makes no sense and Paul doesn’t say that. And Peter came to understand that through Paul. In Galatians 2:14 through 20 Paul confronts Peter and says he was being a hypocrite over the truth of the gospel, and that they (Peter and Paul) verse 16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Christ Jesus they had believed in Christ, for by the works of the law no one would be justified. I really don’t see how you can interpret these passages any Differently. Thoughts?

Upvote 0

ExTiff

Oct 1, 2018
Southampton
✟41,282.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It applies to them but they were not required to believe it prior to the Apostle Paul. Belief in the finished work of Christ being a Dispensational issue (each Dispensation has its required belief and expression of same).

Their required belief and expression of same had been that He was the Christ - the Nation Israel's Promised Messiah and King.

Which is why the Twelve Apostles neither understood His finished work, nor preached it - til later, with the Nation Israel's fall, and temporary setting aside, after which it began to first be revealed to, and through a new Apostle, of a totally new Dispensation: the Apostle Paul.

Splitting hairs and swallowing camels again I see. What we are saved by is God's Grace. The way we come to understand that fact is by God's grace, through faith in God's promises and repentance, and by subsequently following the teaching of our Master The Messiah.

What 'salvation' difference then is there between Hebrew followers of Christ, 'heirs to the promise', and followers of Christ who come from any other nation? Also 'heirs to the promise' by virtue of them having faith in God and His Christ, as did Abraham, after he heard the Gospel preached and 'believed' it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, i’m glad to hear you believe that it did at least apply to them. The Mid-Acts church I’m going to teach that the Jerusalem church /kingdom church had to continue to do the law, be baptized with water and believe that Jesus was the Messiah or they would not be saved. If they did not continue to do the Mosaic law they could lose their salvation as well. So they do not believe salvation by grace through faith in Jesus as the Messiah or Jesus as our complete sacrifice on the cross would save them. My problem with this is that Christ is Christ. He is the way the truth and the life. You cannot divide him up. What he accomplished on the cross was revealed to the greatest extent to Paul. And there’s no reason to believe he did not share it with Peter when he met with Peter after receiving his revelation from the Lord. In Acts 13:39 Paul says everyone who believes in Christ is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses. To say that did not apply to the Jerusalem church makes no sense and Paul doesn’t say that. And Peter came to understand that through Paul. In Galatians 2:14 through 20 Paul confronts Peter and says he was being a hypocrite over the truth of the gospel, and that they (Peter and Paul) verse 16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Christ Jesus they had believed in Christ, for by the works of the law no one would be justified. I really don’t see how you can interpret these passages any Differently. Thoughts?

See what you get out of this old, Sunday Morning study by a Mid-Acts Pastor...he tends to greatly emphasize how living life in Christ works in the Believer, during his Sunday Morning sermons.

The Christian Walk - Pastor Richard Jordan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pepper77

By grace through faith
Aug 1, 2014
Venice FL
✟28,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
See what you get out of this old, Sunday Morning study by a Mid-Acts Pastor...he tends to greatly emphasize how living life in Christ works in the Believer, during his Sunday Morning sermons.

Thanks Danoh, I’ll check it out and let you know what I think.

Upvote 0

ExTiff

Oct 1, 2018
Southampton
✟41,282.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

A very good sermon, but nothing there to convince me the Apostles were not part of the 'body of Christ'.

The Christian church is an 'Apostolic church' because our faith comes through the teaching of the Apostles. Disagree with their understanding of the Gospel and you disagree with Christ himself.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A very good sermon, but nothing there to convince me the Apostles were not part of the 'body of Christ'.

The Christian church is an 'Apostolic church' because our faith comes through the teaching of the Apostles. Disagree with their understanding of the Gospel and you disagree with Christ himself.

Hi and Gal 3:28 says that there CANNOT BE /ENI Jews in the B O C !!

And Col 3:11 is similar , Where there CANNOT BE/ ENI is also in the Greek PRESENT TENSE and that means in the B O C there are no Greeks and Jews in the B O C AS we are a NEW CREATION in Christ !!

1 Cor 12:13 is similar to Col 3:11 !!

I rest my CASE , dan p

Upvote 0

ExTiff

Oct 1, 2018
Southampton
✟41,282.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi and Gal 3:28 says that there CANNOT BE /ENI Jews in the B O C !!

And Col 3:11 is similar , Where there CANNOT BE/ ENI is also in the Greek PRESENT TENSE and that means in the B O C there are no Greeks and Jews in the B O C AS we are a NEW CREATION in Christ !!

1 Cor 12:13 is similar to Col 3:11 !!

I rest my CASE , dan p

RIP as far as I'm concerned, sleep on in your false reality and ignorance.

Galatians 3:28.
οὐκ ἔνι Ἰουδαῖος οὐδὲ Ἕλλην οὐκ ἔνι δοῦλος οὐδὲ ἐλεύθερος οὐκ ἔνι ἄρσεν καὶ θῆλυ πάντες γὰρ ὑμεῖς εἷς ἐστε ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ .

Which says literally word for word in not so plain English:

Neither there is Jew nor Greek neither there is slave nor free neither there is male and female all for you are one are in Christ Jesus.

Which means in plain English:

Jews and Greeks are not excluded on the grounds of their ethnicity, slaves and free are not excluded for reason of their status, men and women are not excluded because of their sex, but you are ALL ONE together in Jesus Christ.

Without actually going to the trouble of printing it all out for you, since you have difficulty understanding the English language, Colossians 3:11, says much the same thing.

Our whole nature has been renewed in Jesus Christ: therefore we can't draw distinctions between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, colour, race, slave, free, rich, poor, because if they have become 'believers' they are ALL in Christ and Christ in them.

Now I'm guessing that English is not your first language, judging from your name and some of the mis-spellings and odd grammar in some of your posts. I'm pretty certain that neither is Koine Greek a language you have any understanding of. Take it from me though that your understanding of these two texts is perversely and utterly diametrically opposed to what is actually intended by its author, either Paul or God or perhaps both. You have utterly misunderstood them both.

If your interpretation of the text of Galatians 3:28 is to be believed, then not only are there no Greeks or Jews in 'the body', there are no 'men or women' in 'the body' either. Which pretty well excludes EVERYONE on Earth from being 'in the body of Christ'.

I will not be held responsible, having pointed out to you your error, for the consequences which may follow from your continued refusal to understand the truth.

I have also said quite enough on this worthless and time wasting subject.

Regards etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ExTiff

Oct 1, 2018
Southampton
✟41,282.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The phrase "in Christ" is not always a reference to being in the Body.

Nehemiah 8:8

Clearly Dan Perez didn't take much pains to understand the meaning of Galatians 3:28 or Colossians 3:11 then, even when the sense was explained to him, and neither it might seem, have you 'understood' the sense. What you and he have supposedly 'understood', is actually nonsense.

'In Christ' is a metaphor describing the salvation status of those who follow his teaching, trust in his relationship with The Father, and are baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

ExTiff

Oct 1, 2018
Southampton
✟41,282.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No wonder you can't see where DP was actually coming from.
Nehemiah 8:8.

Nehemiah 8:8 And the relevence of this verse to the insane interpretation that he is trying to peddle in the name of enlightened Biblical exegesis, is what?

"So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading".

Clearly neither you nor he understand the reading of Galatians 3:28 or Colossians 3:11. That is why you needed it to be explained to you, and even then the 'sense' and the 'meaning' still escapes you both. Matthew 13:15.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly! I thought that was what I implied. What better advocate and mediator could we possibly have than God's Annointed? Encouraging if we deserve a "Well done thou good and faithful servant" not so encouraging if we actually get a "Deprt from me you evildoer, I never knew you", so our actual behaviour surely comes into the judgment sentence, according to this scripture. Matthew 25:1-46. Matthew 7:23.

Even the requesting thief at the crucifixion got a good report, for being honest about Christ's innocence and honest about his own guilt. That is all that is necessary.
Hi ExTiff and Matt 25 concerns the GREAT TRIBULATION and has nothing to do with the B O C !!

Paul speaks to the B O C rewards in 1 Cor 3:9-15 !!

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ExTiff

Oct 1, 2018
Southampton
✟41,282.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi ExTiff and Matt 25 concerns the GREAT TRIBULATION and has nothing to do with the B O C !!

Paul speaks to the B O C rewards min 1 Cor 3:9-15 !!

dan p

You speak this 'truth' with a great deal of confidence, it seems. May I have the scriptural evidence upon which you base your assumption or is that going to remain a secret?

Upvote 0