✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dispensationalism is very unbiblical.
If you study the Hebrew Letters the letter alpha is one, also alpha represents 1,000. A dispensation is based on one day being equal to 1,000 years. An interesting study is to look at what the Bible says about the third day. This will be the 1,000 year reign of Christ.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi ExTiff and Matt 25 concerns the GREAT TRIBULATION and has nothing to do with the B O C !!

Paul speaks to the B O C rewards in 1 Cor 3:9-15 !!

dan p

Hi and which concerns the most Matt 25 or 1 Cor 3:9-15 ??

You examine verses , are they dispensational or look at the grammar or historical setting BUT the most ABUSED rule is CONTEXT !!

Like the verse you wrote Matt 13:15 in my experience CONTEXT !!

dan p

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you study the Hebrew Letters the letter alpha is one, also alpha represents 1,000. A dispensation is based on one day being equal to 1,000 years. An interesting study is to look at what the Bible says about the third day. This will be the 1,000 year reign of Christ.
How does this timing work?
Shouldn't Jesus have been back by now?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does this timing work?
Shouldn't Jesus have been back by now?
No Jesus should NOT be back by now because the are still 10 years left in this dispensation. This is still the second day and Jesus does not return to the third day. Luke 13:32c "the third day I am perfected" Hosea 6:2 "After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight." Numbers 19:12 "He shall purify himself with it on the third day, and on the seventh day he shall be clean: but if he purify not himself the third day, then the seventh day he shall not be clean." The third day of the birth of the church is also the 7th day from Adam and Eve.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No Jesus should NOT be back by now because the are still 10 years left in this dispensation. This is still the second day and Jesus does not return to the third day. Luke 13:32c "the third day I am perfected" Hosea 6:2 "After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight." Numbers 19:12 "He shall purify himself with it on the third day, and on the seventh day he shall be clean: but if he purify not himself the third day, then the seventh day he shall not be clean." The third day of the birth of the church is also the 7th day from Adam and Eve.
It's interesting.
But I don't understand it.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's interesting.
A day is 1,000 years. The last 6,000 years has been three different 2,000 year era. Right now we are in the church age or the age of Grace. The next 1,000 years they call the kingdom age. The people then will be called the manifest sons of God. Romans 8:19 "For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God." Now we are called the church or the bride or the children of God.

Upvote 0

ExTiff

Oct 1, 2018
Southampton
✟41,282.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's interesting.

The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee. And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected. Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen; Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest. And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples. And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

Come, and let us return unto the Lord:
for he hath torn, and he will heal us;
he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
After two days will he revive us:
in the third day he will raise us up,
and we shall live in his sight.
Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord:
his going forth is prepared as the morning;
and he shall come unto us as the rain,
as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

And the Lord spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, This is the ordinance of the law which the Lord hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and upon which never came yoke: And ye shall give her unto Eleazar the priest, that he may bring her forth without the camp, and one shall slay her before his face: And Eleazar the priest shall take of her blood with his finger, and sprinkle of her blood directly before the tabernacle of the congregation seven times: And one shall burn the heifer in his sight; her skin, and her flesh, and her blood, with her dung, shall he burn: And the priest shall take cedar wood, and hyssop, and scarlet, and cast it into the midst of the burning of the heifer. Then the priest shall wash his clothes, and he shall bathe his flesh in water, and afterward he shall come into the camp, and the priest shall be unclean until the even. And he that burneth her shall wash his clothes in water, and bathe his flesh in water, and shall be unclean until the even. And a man that is clean shall gather up the ashes of the heifer, and lay them up without the camp in a clean place, and it shall be kept for the congregation of the children of Israel for a water of separation: it is a purification for sin. And he that gathereth the ashes of the heifer shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: and it shall be unto the children of Israel, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among them, for a statute for ever.
He that toucheth the dead body of any man shall be unclean seven days. He shall purify himself with it on the third day, and on the seventh day he shall be clean: but if he purify not himself the third day, then the seventh day he shall not be clean. Whosoever toucheth the dead body of any man that is dead, and purifieth not himself, defileth the tabernacle of the Lord; and that soul shall be cut off from Israel: because the water of separation was not sprinkled upon him, he shall be unclean; his uncleanness is yet upon him. This is the law, when a man dieth in a tent: all that come into the tent, and all that is in the tent, shall be unclean seven days. And every open vessel, which hath no covering bound upon it, is unclean. And whosoever toucheth one that is slain with a sword in the open fields, or a dead body, or a bone of a man, or a grave, shall be unclean seven days. And for an unclean person they shall take of the ashes of the burnt heifer of purification for sin, and running water shall be put thereto in a vessel: And a clean person shall take hyssop, and dip it in the water, and sprinkle it upon the tent, and upon all the vessels, and upon the persons that were there, and upon him that touched a bone, or one slain, or one dead, or a grave: And the clean person shall sprinkle upon the unclean on the third day, and on the seventh day: and on the seventh day he shall purify himself, and wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and shall be clean at even. But the man that shall be unclean, and shall not purify himself, that soul shall be cut off from among the congregation, because he hath defiled the sanctuary of the Lord: the water of separation hath not been sprinkled upon him; he is unclean. And it shall be a perpetual statute unto them, that he that sprinkleth the water of separation shall wash his clothes; and he that toucheth the water of separation shall be unclean until even. And whatsoever the unclean person toucheth shall be unclean; and the soul that toucheth it shall be unclean until even.

When taken in context and understood as originally written, it is hardly surprising that you have difficulty understanding the interpretation that Joshua 19 has put upon these texts. I think anyone who reads them in their original context would have some difficulty in seeing how they might apply to the end of a 2000 year 'dispensation', due in 10 years time.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A day is 1,000 years. The last 6,000 years has been three different 2,000 year era. Right now we are in the church age or the age of Grace. The next 1,000 years they call the kingdom age. The people then will be called the manifest sons of God. Romans 8:19 "For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God." Now we are called the church or the bride or the children of God.
The people in the N.T. times believed Jesus was coming back REAL soon....like in their generation.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee. And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected. Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen; Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest. And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples. And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

Come, and let us return unto the Lord:
for he hath torn, and he will heal us;
he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
After two days will he revive us:
in the third day he will raise us up,
and we shall live in his sight.
Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord:
his going forth is prepared as the morning;
and he shall come unto us as the rain,
as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

And the Lord spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, This is the ordinance of the law which the Lord hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and upon which never came yoke: And ye shall give her unto Eleazar the priest, that he may bring her forth without the camp, and one shall slay her before his face: And Eleazar the priest shall take of her blood with his finger, and sprinkle of her blood directly before the tabernacle of the congregation seven times: And one shall burn the heifer in his sight; her skin, and her flesh, and her blood, with her dung, shall he burn: And the priest shall take cedar wood, and hyssop, and scarlet, and cast it into the midst of the burning of the heifer. Then the priest shall wash his clothes, and he shall bathe his flesh in water, and afterward he shall come into the camp, and the priest shall be unclean until the even. And he that burneth her shall wash his clothes in water, and bathe his flesh in water, and shall be unclean until the even. And a man that is clean shall gather up the ashes of the heifer, and lay them up without the camp in a clean place, and it shall be kept for the congregation of the children of Israel for a water of separation: it is a purification for sin. And he that gathereth the ashes of the heifer shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: and it shall be unto the children of Israel, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among them, for a statute for ever.
He that toucheth the dead body of any man shall be unclean seven days. He shall purify himself with it on the third day, and on the seventh day he shall be clean: but if he purify not himself the third day, then the seventh day he shall not be clean. Whosoever toucheth the dead body of any man that is dead, and purifieth not himself, defileth the tabernacle of the Lord; and that soul shall be cut off from Israel: because the water of separation was not sprinkled upon him, he shall be unclean; his uncleanness is yet upon him. This is the law, when a man dieth in a tent: all that come into the tent, and all that is in the tent, shall be unclean seven days. And every open vessel, which hath no covering bound upon it, is unclean. And whosoever toucheth one that is slain with a sword in the open fields, or a dead body, or a bone of a man, or a grave, shall be unclean seven days. And for an unclean person they shall take of the ashes of the burnt heifer of purification for sin, and running water shall be put thereto in a vessel: And a clean person shall take hyssop, and dip it in the water, and sprinkle it upon the tent, and upon all the vessels, and upon the persons that were there, and upon him that touched a bone, or one slain, or one dead, or a grave: And the clean person shall sprinkle upon the unclean on the third day, and on the seventh day: and on the seventh day he shall purify himself, and wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and shall be clean at even. But the man that shall be unclean, and shall not purify himself, that soul shall be cut off from among the congregation, because he hath defiled the sanctuary of the Lord: the water of separation hath not been sprinkled upon him; he is unclean. And it shall be a perpetual statute unto them, that he that sprinkleth the water of separation shall wash his clothes; and he that toucheth the water of separation shall be unclean until even. And whatsoever the unclean person toucheth shall be unclean; and the soul that toucheth it shall be unclean until even.

When taken in context and understood as originally written, it is hardly surprising that you have difficulty understanding the interpretation that Joshua 19 has put upon these texts. I think anyone who reads them in their original context would have some difficulty in seeing how they might apply to the end of a 2000 year 'dispensation', due in 10 years time.
So in 10 years the end comes?
I think it's about time.
We're not getting any better and in many ways we're getting worse.

Very bad at eschatology, as you can tell.

Upvote 0

ExTiff

Oct 1, 2018
Southampton
✟41,282.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think it's about time.
We're not getting any better and in many ways we're getting worse.

Very bad at eschatology, as you can tell.

Who knows?

Probably not, if the amount of previous WRONG predictions by legion ardent 'Bible believers' is anything at all to go by.

Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The people in the N.T. times believed Jesus was coming back REAL soon....like in their generation.
For good reason. In Matthew chapter 24 Jesus talks about the temple being tore down and His return at the same time.

Matthew 24:2“Do you see all these things?” He replied. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be toppled. 3While Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?”

• Agree
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Who knows?
10 years will be the 2,000 year anniversary of the Church age. Many people believe this age is only 2,000 years. This is also called the Age of Grace, Holy Spirit Dispensation, Time of the Gentiles and many other names. That does not mean Jesus will return at the end of this time period. Next they talk about the Kingdom age or the 1,000 year reign of Christ. They talk about manifest sons of God. Some people believe this has already begun. There are some people that believe that there will be a 7 year tribulation period between the ages. That the Earth will be cleansed by fire and a remnant will remain to repopulate the earth for the next 1,000 years.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
…………………………………...I think the OP is serious.
And here is where you have to see in Gal 3:28 .
It is the Greek word OV / and is translated by the English words NEITHER / or by the word NOT .

This Greek word OV is a DISJUNCTIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and means it Is used in SUMMARY NEGATION and OV closes the door Abruptly , and is saying IT CAN NOT BEEEEEEEE, Jew nor Gentile , there OV / CANT NOT BE , Slave nor Free , there cannot be / OV Male and Female , and in Matt 13:5 that Greek word OV is used twice .

In other words OV means NOOOOOOOO . Just look at the Greek text and you will find the Greek words OV and UN .

And will find what I have said in A MANUEL GRAMMAR of the GREEK NEW TESTAMENT by DANA and MANTEY , page 264 .

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And here is where you have to see in Gal 3:28 .
It is the Greek word OV / and is translated by the English words NEITHER / or by the word NOT .

This Greek word OV is a DISJUNCTIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and means it Is used in SUMMARY NEGATION and OV closes the door Abruptly , and is saying IT CAN NOT BEEEEEEEE, Jew nor Gentile , there OV / CANT NOT BE , Slave nor Free , there cannot be / OV Male and Female , and in Matt 13:5 that Greek word OV is used twice .

In other words OV means NOOOOOOOO . Just look at the Greek text and you will find the Greek words OV and UN .

And will find what I have tead in A MANUEL GRAMMAR of the GREEK NEW TESTAMENT by DANA and MANTEY , page 264 .

dan p

The 12 are in Christ, but they are not in the Body of Christ

The Body of Christ was a mystery that was first revealed by the Apostle Paul.

• Agree
Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 12 are in Christ, but they are not in the Body of Christ

The Body of Christ was a mystery that was first revealed by the Apostle Paul.

And there were many more who were " in Christ " and Rom 16:7 and also all those mentioned in Rom 16:8-15 .

Notice that in verse 8 , 11 , 12 13 they are beloved " in the Lord ".

Then in verse 9 , 10 , are " in Christ " .

Also Paul mentions his mother in verse 13 .

How important are the following ;

#1 in Christ Jesus , 47 times and this is our Lord's resurrected NAME .

#2 in the Lord , 41 times

#3 in Christ , 31 times

#4 , in Him , 20 times

#5 in the Lord Jesus ,6 times

#6 in Whom , 6 times .

#7 , in Jesus

#8 in Himself , 2 times

#9 in the Beloved One , 1 time

There are 62 verse that are all related to "in Christ " and are all concerning DOCTRINE .

Then there are 49 VERSE that are all , PRACTRICAL APPLICATION and the person that wrote the only booklet , is Robert C Brock .

Ever read 1 Thess 2:14 ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And there were many more who were " in Christ " and Rom 16:7 and also all those mentioned in Rom 16:8-15 .

Notice that in verse 8 , 11 , 12 13 they are beloved " in the Lord ".

Then in verse 9 , 10 , are " in Christ " .

Also Paul mentions his mother in verse 13 .

How important are the following ;

#1 in Christ Jesus , 47 times and this is our Lord's resurrected NAME .

#2 in the Lord , 41 times

#3 in Christ , 31 times

#4 , in Him , 20 times

#5 in the Lord Jesus ,6 times

#6 in Whom , 6 times .

#7 , in Jesus

#8 in Himself , 2 times

#9 in the Beloved One , 1 time

There are 62 verse that are all related to "in Christ " and are all concerning DOCTRINE .

Then there are 49 VERSE that are all , PRACTRICAL APPLICATION and the person that wrote the only booklet , is Robert C Brock .

Ever read 1 Thess 2:14 ?

dan p

This video which should be very acceptable to dispensationalists, will clarify the difference about being in Christ and being in the body of Christ.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This video which should be very acceptable to dispensationalists, will clarify the difference about being in Christ and being in the body of Christ.

Based on what Paul said below, it was not a mystery to Hosea.

Rom 9:22 And if God, willing to shew the wrath and to make known His power, did endure, in much long suffering, vessels of wrath fitted for destruction,
Rom 9:23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on vessels of kindness, that He before prepared for glory, whom also He did call—us—
Rom 9:24 not only out of Jews, but also out of nations,
Rom 9:25 as also in Hosea He saith, 'I will call what is not My people—My people; and her not beloved—Beloved,
Rom 9:26 and it shall be—in the place where it was said to them, Ye are not My people; there they shall be called sons of the living God.'
Rom 9:27 And Isaiah doth cry concerning Israel, 'If the number of the sons of Israel may be as the sand of the sea, the remnant shall be saved;

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, modern Dispensational Theology falls apart, and the pretrib removal of the Church falls with it.

The New Covenant: Bob George

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Based on what Paul said below, it was not a mystery to Hosea.

Rom 9:22 And if God, willing to shew the wrath and to make known His power, did endure, in much long suffering, vessels of wrath fitted for destruction,
Rom 9:23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on vessels of kindness, that He before prepared for glory, whom also He did call—us—
Rom 9:24 not only out of Jews, but also out of nations,
Rom 9:25 as also in Hosea He saith, 'I will call what is not My people—My people; and her not beloved—Beloved,
Rom 9:26 and it shall be—in the place where it was said to them, Ye are not My people; there they shall be called sons of the living God.'
Rom 9:27 And Isaiah doth cry concerning Israel, 'If the number of the sons of Israel may be as the sand of the sea, the remnant shall be saved;

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, modern Dispensational Theology falls apart, and the pretrib removal of the Church falls with it.

The New Covenant: Bob George

#1 First , who is the New Covenant given to ?

Answer is in Heb 8:8 to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah and NOT to the B O C , or has anyone a verse for that ?

#2 Why does Heb 10:16 in the Greek say I WILL MAKE / DIATITHEMI , why are those words in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , MIDDLE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD as a FACT .

#3 2 Cor 3:13 says that Israel was SET ASIDE ?

#4 So then how are Jews saved today ?

#5 Verse 15 , 16 thru 18 say how !!

#6 In verse 16 , SHALL BE TAKEN AWAY / PERIAIREO is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE , and in the INDICATIVE MOOD of a FACT .

dasn p

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi Guojing,

Yes really enjoyed that video and will look forward to the others. Thank you.

Now I do differ in one respect as to Rom. 16: 7. Not the part where it says `in Christ,` but where it points out that Andronicus and Junia were of note among the apostles.

You see that when Christ ascended to the Father`s right hand He gave some apostles....for the equipping of the Body of Christ. (Eph. 4: 11 & 12) etc. Thus Apostles, Andronicus and Junia were in the Body of Christ BEFORE Paul.

Yes the Lord, the Head of the Body gave Paul the revelation of the Body of Christ, however that does not mean that was WHEN the Body started. It started when the Lord sent His Holy Spirit. Some were then in the Body and some were of Israel, (as we both know.)

• Friendly
Reactions: Guojing
Upvote 0