Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
#1 First , who is the New Covenant given to ?

Answer is in Heb 8:8 to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah and NOT to the B O C , or has anyone a verse for that ?

#2 Why does Heb 10:16 in the Greek say I WILL MAKE / DIATITHEMI , why are those words in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , MIDDLE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD as a FACT .

#3 2 Cor 3:13 says that Israel was SET ASIDE ?

#4 So then how are Jews saved today ?

#5 Verse 15 , 16 thru 18 say how !!

#6 In verse 16 , SHALL BE TAKEN AWAY / PERIAIREO is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE , and in the INDICATIVE MOOD of a FACT .

dasn p

You are ignoring the fact that the Body of Christ is also found on the Day of Pentecost.
Why did Peter address the crowd as "all the house of Israel" in the verse below, when about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant fulfilled at Calvary?
The Gentiles were not grafted into the Church until several years later.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

You are also ignoring the fact that the author of the Book of Hebrews quoted Jeremiah 31:31-34 to show its fulfillment by Christ, referred to in Hebrews 8:6.
The NKJV uses UPPERCASE letters to reveal the OT text.

Heb 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—
Heb 8:9 NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS IN THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; BECAUSE THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DISREGARDED THEM, SAYS THE LORD.
Heb 8:10 FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
Heb 8:11 NONE OF THEM SHALL TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND NONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM.
Heb 8:12 FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

The same is found in Hebrews chapter 10 below.
The OT text is in UPPERCASE letters.

Heb 10:16 "THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR HEARTS, AND IN THEIR MINDS I WILL WRITE THEM,"
Heb 10:17 then He adds, "THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 10:18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are ignoring the fact that the Body of Christ is also found on the Day of Pentecost.
Why did Peter address the crowd as "all the house of Israel" in the verse below, when about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant fulfilled at Calvary?
The Gentiles were not grafted into the Church until several years later.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

You are also ignoring the fact that the author of the Book of Hebrews quoted Jeremiah 31:31-34 to show its fulfillment by Christ, referred to in Hebrews 8:6.
The NKJV uses UPPERCASE letters to reveal the OT text.

Heb 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—
Heb 8:9 NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS IN THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; BECAUSE THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DISREGARDED THEM, SAYS THE LORD.
Heb 8:10 FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
Heb 8:11 NONE OF THEM SHALL TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND NONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM.
Heb 8:12 FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

The same is found in Hebrews chapter 10 below.
The OT text is in UPPERCASE letters.

Heb 10:16 "THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR HEARTS, AND IN THEIR MINDS I WILL WRITE THEM,"
Heb 10:17 then He adds, "THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 10:18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

It reads in Heb 8:7 that the first covenant had been Faultless , then should no place have been sought for the second and we mknow that first covenant had been given to Israel ,

Then verse 8 says , behold the days come when I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah .

The Greek words I WILL MAKE / SYNTELREO is in the Greek Future tense , Active Voice and in the Indicative Mood .

The Greek words A New /kainos is in the Accusative Case which is limited to Israel and to Judah , and the Greek word house is also in the Accusative case and also Limited to the house of Israel and to Judah .

I have yet to see the B O C mention in Hebrews and the Greek word THE /HO is a Definate Article and the word THE points to Israel and to Judah and will use say why the FUTURE tense is used as I have yet to see Israel and Judah in the land and be one nation today ??

dan p

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have yet to see the B O C mention in Hebrews

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Rom 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Rom 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

And you quoted Heb 12:23 , why ?

The Greek words TO THE GENERAL ASSEBLY / PANEGYRIS means Festive gathering >

What does CHURCH / EKKLESIS than mean ?

I does not mean church , why not ?

EK means OUT .

LESIS means a calling out .

I say , where is the BODY OF CHRIST spoken about in Hebrews .

Look in VINE'S DICTIONARY and will not be able to find the word CHURCH , right or wrong , and if I am wrong , please tell me where , please .
When Israel was called out of Egypt , it was called an ASSEMBLY in Acts 7:38 .

And STRONG'S lists CHURCH , but than refers you to ASSEMBLY.

dan p

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you quoted Heb 12:23 , why ?

The Greek words TO THE GENERAL ASSEBLY / PANEGYRIS means Festive gathering >

What does CHURCH / EKKLESIS than mean ?

I does not mean church , why not ?

EK means OUT .

LESIS means a calling out .

I say , where is the BODY OF CHRIST spoken about in Hebrews .

Look in VINE'S DICTIONARY and will not be able to find the word CHURCH , right or wrong , and if I am wrong , please tell me where , please .
When Israel was called out of Egypt , it was called an ASSEMBLY in Acts 7:38 .

And STRONG'S lists CHURCH , but than refers you to ASSEMBLY.

dan p

Are you trying to say the Book of Hebrews was not written to Christians from a Jewish background?

Are you trying to say the New Covenant will be fulfilled in the future, even though the word "now" is in Hebrews 8:6?

Are you trying to say Christ did not fulfill the New Covenant at Calvary?

Mat_26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH— (Quoted from Jeremiah 31:31-34)

Heb_8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. (When did Christ die?)

Heb_12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you trying to say the Book of Hebrews was not written to Christians from a Jewish background?

Are you trying to say the New Covenant will be fulfilled in the future, even though the word "now" is in Hebrews 8:6?

Are you trying to say Christ did not fulfill the New Covenant at Calvary?

Mat_26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH— (Quoted from Jeremiah 31:31-34)

Heb_8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. (When did Christ die?)

Heb_12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

How do you think Hebrews 8:10-12 are being fulfilled today?

Is the Law written on anyone's hearts? Do we still sin?

Do we still need pastors and teachers to teach us to "know the Lord"?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you think Hebrews 8:10-12 are being fulfilled today?

Is the Law written on anyone's hearts? Do we still sin?

Do we still need pastors and teachers to teach us to "know the Lord"?

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

So what are pastors for?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what are pastors for?

Your argument is not with me. It is with the Apostle John in 1 John 2:27.

Their main purpose is preaching the Gospel to unbelievers, based on the verse below.

Rom_10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

He is most certainly not an Old Covenant High Priest. That job belongs to Christ.

All members of the New Covenant are priests in 1 Peter 2:4-10.

People get into the New Covenant through the process below, and that process often needs a preacher.

Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your argument is not with me. It is with the Apostle John in 1 John 2:27.

Their main purpose is preaching the Gospel to unbelievers, based on the verse below.

Rom_10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

He is most certainly not an Old Covenant High Priest. That job belongs to Christ.

All members of the New Covenant are priests in 1 Peter 2:4-10.

People get into the New Covenant through the process below, and that process often needs a preacher.

Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

So after unbelievers become believers, should the pastors still teach them to know the Lord?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So after unbelievers become believers, should the pastors still teach them to know the Lord?

What is plainly written in the Word of God is the best teacher for any member of the New Covenant Church of Jesus Christ.

Do all pastors say the same thing about what is written in the Bible?

I love my preacher, but he is not my standard of truth. He is a man, like I am.

My standard is scripture. It is my teacher.
If Dispensationalists would understand this truth they might be able to give up their man-made doctrine, which is less than 200 years old.

1Pe 2:4 to whom coming—a living stone—by men, indeed, having been disapproved of, but with God choice, precious,
1Pe 2:5 and ye yourselves, as living stones, are built up, a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore, also, it is contained in the Writing: 'Lo, I lay in Zion a chief corner-stone, choice, precious, and he who is believing on him may not be put to shame;'
1Pe 2:7 to you, then, who are believing is the preciousness; and to the unbelieving, a stone that the builders disapproved of, this one did become for the head of a corner,
1Pe 2:8 and a stone of stumbling and a rock of offence—who are stumbling at the word, being unbelieving, —to which also they were set;
1Pe 2:9 and ye are a choice race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people acquired, that the excellences ye may shew forth of Him who out of darkness did call you to His wondrous light;
1Pe 2:10 who were once not a people, and are now the people of God; who had not found kindness, and now have found kindness.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow. A new question!
And a very good one.

If the Apostles aren't in the Body of Christ....who can be?

They're IN.

There is only ONE Body of Christ.

well one of the 12 were not in Christ.

Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi and Gal 3:28 says why the 12 are not in the Body of Christ !!

Gal 3:28 reads , There CANNOT BE Jew nor Greek there CANNOT BE Slave nor Free , there CANNOT BE MALE and FEMALE , for you ARE all one "in Christ Jesus !!

And it means what it says THERE CANNOT BE and means that IN THE BODY OF CHRIST there CANNOT BE Jew not Greek in the B O C !!

Notice also that there are 4 Greek tenses in the Greek PRESENT TENSE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD !!

3 of the verses for CANNOT BE /ENI and ARE/ESTI means they are in DISPENSATION OF THE GRACE OF GOD that Paul preached !!

The PRESENT TENSE means when placed into the B O C 1 Cor 12:13 you are ALWAYS in the B O C and the Present Tense means CONTINUOUS ACTION and ALSO means OSAS !!

In other words there is no ETHNICITY of any kind in the B O C as we ARE a NEW CREATION in Christ !!

dan p

What are your thoughts on John 15:1-7 brother?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi and IF you can come up with a verse where where we will have children and God will have grand children ??

dan p

Christians have children everyday brother. I became a Christian 10 years ago I had a son with my wife 3 years ago.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi and here is what Rom 1:1 means !!

#1 It is Paul writing to the BODY OF CHRIST from Romans to Philemon !!

#2 Why , because Paul first verb , I SAY / LEGO is in the CONTINUOUS ACTION of the Greek PRESENT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE , and in the INDICATIVE MOOD !!

#3 The ACTIVE VOICE MEANS it is the subject producing the action !!

The Indicative Mood means what Paul is writing to the B O C is a FACT , and believe IT !!

#4 The next verb is CAST AWAY / APOTHEO is in the AOTIST TENSE and MIDDLE VOICE , and in the INDICATIVE MOOD !!

The MIDDLE VOICE means the subject participating in the action !!

#5 The word AM / EIMI is in the PRESENT TENSE and means Paul will always be an Israelite , but in the B O C Paul is a NEW CREATION " in Christ " which is used by Paul some 150 times !!

#6 Read Col 3:11 and has the Phraseology and 1 Cor 12:13-24 should help all !!

dan p

You should use less exclamation points. Your posts seem to be offensive.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is plainly written in the Word of God is the best teacher for any member of the New Covenant Church of Jesus Christ.

Do all pastors say the same thing about what is written in the Bible?

I love my preacher, but he is not my standard of truth. He is a man, like I am.

My standard is scripture. It is my teacher.
If Dispensationalists would understand this truth they might be able to give up their man-made doctrine, which is less than 200 years old.

1Pe 2:4 to whom coming—a living stone—by men, indeed, having been disapproved of, but with God choice, precious,
1Pe 2:5 and ye yourselves, as living stones, are built up, a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore, also, it is contained in the Writing: 'Lo, I lay in Zion a chief corner-stone, choice, precious, and he who is believing on him may not be put to shame;'
1Pe 2:7 to you, then, who are believing is the preciousness; and to the unbelieving, a stone that the builders disapproved of, this one did become for the head of a corner,
1Pe 2:8 and a stone of stumbling and a rock of offence—who are stumbling at the word, being unbelieving, —to which also they were set;
1Pe 2:9 and ye are a choice race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people acquired, that the excellences ye may shew forth of Him who out of darkness did call you to His wondrous light;
1Pe 2:10 who were once not a people, and are now the people of God; who had not found kindness, and now have found kindness.

But would you agree that not all believers know the Lord equally in this Earth now?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But would you agree that not all believers know the Lord equally in this Earth now?

What did the thief on the cross "know" about Christ that brought him into the New Covenant?

Jer 31:34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

He knew Jesus of Nazareth was the promised Messiah. This is the thing that all New Covenant believers know equally. It is not based on knowing every detail found in the Bible.

Luk 24:25 Then He said to them, "O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!
Luk 24:26 Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?"
Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What did the thief on the cross "know" about Christ that brought him into the New Covenant?

Jer 31:34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

He knew Jesus of Nazareth was the promised Messiah. This is the thing that all New Covenant believers know equally. It is not based on knowing every detail found in the Bible.

Luk 24:25 Then He said to them, "O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!
Luk 24:26 Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?"
Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

I see, if that is what you believe Hebrews 8:11 meant when it says "know the Lord", then I understand why you hold that doctrine of yours.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see, if that is what you believe Hebrews 8:11 meant when it says "know the Lord", then I understand why you hold that doctrine of yours.

Do you "know the Lord"?

When did you first "know the Lord"?

Rom 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you "know the Lord"?

When did you first "know the Lord"?

Rom 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

And if 1 John 2:27 is written to the B O C 5:18 says that , we know that whosoever is BORN of God sinneth not , isnthat true .

As far as 1 John 2:27 says , here is some of what is seen in 1 John 2:27 .

YE / HYMEIS is a Personal Possessive Pronoun , did you see mthat ?

The Greek words HAVE RECIEVED / LAMBANO is ia 2 SECOND AORIST TENSE , and that means those those disciples have already received the Anointing of

Him /AUTOS , G846 , which is a Personal Possessive Pronoun .

And that you need NOT / OV is a Disjuctive Particle , Negative and that you need any man teach you .

dan p

Upvote 0